Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bhruic

Real Name Bhruic   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2004, 23:07
Total Comments 3145 (Veteran)
User ID 22304

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations
27. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 19:35 Bhruic

I wish they wouldn't do stuff like this. "Here's some cool stuff from a game that you'll never get to play". I mean, I can understand wanting to show off your work, since people aren't otherwise going to see it, but it's really disappointing to see stuff like this and know it's for something that'll never get released.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 18, 2013, 18:25 Bhruic

Beamer wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 15:47:
I get why some here see me as an apologist, but it usually means they're not reading what I say closely. Maybe my arguments just don't translate to text. I just try to fight hyperbole more than anything. You can have rational discussions about how something sucks or why something sucks without launching into massive amounts of FUD. But I guess that's not how the internet works.

Oh, please. If there is any situation where one thing is good for consumers, and one thing is good for companies, you are always in here arguing on behalf of the companies. Every time. Maybe you just like to play devil's advocate, who knows? But this site is about consumers. It is about what we want from companies. So of course our posts are going to be pro-consumer. And as it's primarily a PC gamer site, of course our posts are going to be biased towards PC gaming.

You seem to have made it your personal mission to take the side of the companies in every debate. Sure, I suppose it's nice to have both sides represented, but don't try and act all innocent when you get called out on it.

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
35. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 18, 2013, 04:41 Bhruic

Beamer wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 22:34:
But that's not the argument the original poster made.

Yes it was. The argument was that they have a warped view of what the FPS genre should be. And the argument has a lot going for it, as the lack of PC support certainly demonstrates that warping - not to mention some of the quotes already posted in this thread. If you disagree, by all means, make an argument against that, but strawmaning the argument doesn't help in the slightest.

You're grown men. Stop being petty, stop exaggerating, and stop blindly hating. I'm all for thinking Halo games suck, but I'll never say to someone at Bungie "gee, aren't you guys stupid for being one of the most successful studios of all time!"

And continuing the strawman. Seriously, point out a single person in the entire thread who's said anything even close to that. I guess I should say try and point out, because no one has.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
15. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 18, 2013, 00:45 Bhruic

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 18:17:
That FB story makes me sick, and what makes me even more mad (in a time when the President is making TRILLION dollar increases to our debt and increasing taxes on the working man) is this: An article linked on that page citing the worst tax dogers in Corporate America....

Your turn Obama.....your turn....

Yup, because if Obama were to try and do something about it (not that he can do much more than lobby congress about it), there's no chance that the right would end up hammering him for going after "job creators".

News Comments > DayZ Update
8. Re: DayZ Update Feb 16, 2013, 23:44 Bhruic

Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 21:59:
The standalone product's engine won't satisfy players. People who have come to BI's engine thanks to DayZ probably expect some huge improvements to the engine for the standalone, but they don't realise that when BI say they're going to make improvements it's all very understated.

The main enhancement of note is switching the majority of the game to the server. That's going to eliminate a large amount of the hacking that goes on in the game, which will definitely contribute to the overall enjoyment. I don't think that aspect will be understated.

If anyone is expecting a large improvement in the visual aspects, then yes, they will probably be left wanting.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Feb 16, 2013, 18:38 Bhruic

Cutter wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 18:18:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 17:51:
The President
As if there is only one on the planet

I know! They really need to clarify that sort of thing because I know I always think of the President of Burundi when I just see "The President".

Yeah. It's not like this is a gaming site or anything, where there are lots of companies that have these things called... um... oh, yeah Presidents.

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer
24. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 16, 2013, 18:35 Bhruic

Jivaro wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 14:40:
I think people nit pick too much. I'll leave it at that. I think this is just meant to market the license and have some fun. It definitely isn't aimed at diehard fans of the original series.

I'd be less inclined to nitpick if the guy was less inclined to overly hype the game.

I mean, you get to sit in the captain's chair! How awesome is that? And they have great spacedives! If there's one thing Star Trek is known for, it's their diving.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2013, 16:19 Bhruic

jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 14:17:
Drones like that simply make it cheaper to do aerial recon. Not really that different that a helo, except that they're orders of magnitude cheaper so it will be more cost effective for departments to deploy them.

Yeah, I don't really understand the uproar over this. If someone is sitting in a pilot seat it's ok, but if someone's flying it from the ground, it's a horrible violation? We've had choppers flying around spotting things for years now.

My suspicion is that large numbers of people don't understand the difference between military and police drones. They think that there'll be military drones flying around loaded for bear, just waiting to shoot missiles at someone doing 2mph over the speed limit.

News Comments > Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3
4. Re: Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3 Feb 13, 2013, 22:09 Bhruic

Never been a fan of Minecraft, but gotta give Notch credit on this one. AoW is one of my favourite series, so having a 3rd entry in the series (please don't suck!) should be great.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
26. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 15:05 Bhruic

Verno wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 14:45:
Also helpful on the wiki is the page with zones that have waypoints handy, I always forget that shit. This page with the list of quest rewards is nice too so you can make alts to get the skill gems you want or etc.

Yeah, it took me awhile to memorize the WPs, the wiki was handy for that.

The skill gems thing is a bit weird - as quest rewards I mean. I see so many people trying to buy Clarity (and admittedly it's a staple for a lot of builds), but it seems so easy to get. Start a new alt (witch) on a second computer (or virtual machine, whatever), log in your main, WP to Brutus, kill Brutus with main (with alt hiding in the area), go back to town and you've got a Clarity. Do that a few dozen times and you've got plenty to trade.

21. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 14:29 Bhruic

Verno wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 14:17:
Something I wish people had told me as a newbie, RGB linked in a white is a chromatic so don't discount white drops, they are still important later on for links and currency.

Yeah, I didn't know about that one right away either.

A good place to go for that info is the wiki:
http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Click on the "Vendor Recipes" and you'll get a list of all the stuff you can sell to vendors for non-standard amounts.

Something to watch out for on your high level chars - 6S items sell for 7 jeweler orbs (don't have the be linked). Sometimes you'll find the merchants actually selling them, and they sell them for a lot less than 7 jeweler orbs. Simply buy them, immediately resell them, and you come out quite a few orbs ahead.

19. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 14:12 Bhruic

I've actually changed my mind on this game - it's definitely not as good as my original impressions of it lead me to believe. That's not to say there's no chance they'll fix it up, but as it stands now, it's not a game I'll play anymore, and definitely not spend money on.

The problem is the passive tree. Well, ok, no, the problem is the way combat works. There is no other way to survive besides maxing out HPs and resists for most characters. Stuff like a summoner can get away with not, but beyond those builds, any character that has to melee or has the potential to get hit has a virtual requirement to max the HP and resist nodes. So the whole point of having this massive passive tree that enables you to plan all sorts of wonderful builds goes out the window as you have to plan 95% of your build around getting to the resist/HP nodes. That doesn't make for fun character customization.

Then there's the fact that Chaos resist is so rare, making HPs even higher of a priority, because unless you go CI (not possible for the majority of builds), you're going to have a negative Chaos resist on the higher difficulties. And there are very, very few passives to deal with it. And Chaos resist on items is a quite rare mod.

Again, these complaints aren't ones they can't fix, but they definitely make it so I have little interest in playing. They've got the skeleton of a good game there, so hopefully they will. I recognize it's only in beta, so it's certainly a game that I'll give another chance, but not one I'll play now.

News Comments > Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects
53. Re: Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects Feb 13, 2013, 12:50 Bhruic

avianflu wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 12:03:
Really agree -- the weakest part of an otherwise great game was LV itself. The "city" area was small and underwhelming. There was nothing city-like about it. Hopefully the devs realize this?

They realize it, but it's unavoidable. It's one of those console limitations that get forced on us. Maybe if they design the sequel for the next console generation that might change, but since we don't know what the next console generation is going to be yet, it's hard to build up much hope.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today
19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today Feb 13, 2013, 11:48 Bhruic

Nacelle wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 07:25:
What do you mean then? You take a speeder to the nearest explored zone, collect your quests, run out and explore, do quests, find another speeder hub. How's this any different than any other MMO? You can quicktravel to any previously explored hub and you can pay to have that cooldown shortened. So what's the problem?

Again, because of the amount of times they send you back to the same out-of-the-way area for a single quest. The travel system itself isn't a problem, it's the way they force its use constantly as a time sink.

Canard or not, it's what it sounds like to me. Especially since you're still harping on launch problems and not how game is now.

Of course that's how we sound to you, you're being a fanboy. Any criticism of a game sounds like whining to a fanboy.

And the problems that have been described are still present in the game. You've even admitted yourself that you can't run/use a speeder in the game without paying for it. Having to pay for something that fundamental in a game is a great indicator of poor f2p design.

15. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today Feb 12, 2013, 22:49 Bhruic

Nacelle wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 19:55:
SWTOR is the only game I've played since launch. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours in it. I'm having fun. That's all that matters.

Sure, I had fun when I was playing it too, for the most part. The didn't mean I was blind to the faults in the game.

I'm not sure what game you are playing, but I run very little. At level 10 you can get speeder piloting. Before then, rocket boots (boost) gets you around pretty fast.

"Run" is being used generically. Yes, you don't necessarily literally run for all that time.

And as someone who's played since launch, why not be honest about it? For the first couple months, you didn't even start with the ability to run (or "sprint"), you didn't get that until level 15. And you couldn't buy a speeder until level 25.

I am thankful that all you whiners aren't playing anymore. The rest of us that like the game don't care to hear what you all think of it while we're playing.

Ah yes, the old "if you dislike a game I like, you're a whiner!" canard.

Regardless, if you are having fun, by all means, keep playing. That's the beauty of having lots of different games to choose from.

11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today Feb 12, 2013, 19:11 Bhruic

MattyC wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 16:51:
When did the walking get bad? I rarely found it much of an issue, but then I think I never got past level 10 or so (whatever the free 2 play cap was at the time).

It's not really the walking that's the problem, it's the way they handle some of the quests. Basically they keep giving you ones that require you to re-visit areas you'd already been to, most often having to go the farthest away from the planet entry point. They did have travel stations to help out, and personal vehicles, but it still was a lot of time wasted simply on traveling.

News Comments > Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects
13. Re: Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects Feb 12, 2013, 14:16 Bhruic

I absolutely do not want a New Vegas 2. I do, however, absolutely want another Fallout from Obsidian.

The New Vegas area is done. Find another area to tell a story about, and name it that. As much as I loved Baldur's Gate 2, it was pretty idiotic that you never even came close to the city, let alone going there.

Yeah, yeah, nitpicky, but still... The Fallout name itself is enough to continue the brand, naming it New Vegas 2 wouldn't help. And definitely setting it in New Vegas again would be a mistake.

News Comments > BioWare Founders Honored by GDC Awards
3. Re: BioWare Founders Honored by GDC Awards Feb 11, 2013, 20:57 Bhruic

I played and liked all the games on that list (although SW:TOR was a letdown). That just makes the Bioware of today more of a shame. But ignoring the fact they sold out to EA, they definitely contributed a lot to quality RPGs over the years, so this is well deserved.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 11, 2013, 15:47 Bhruic

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 13:39:
Verno wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 11:55:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 11:40:
Buying ATI was the worse mistake AMD made.

Where do you get this stuff? ATI is one of the few things making AMD any money right now. Buying ATI was probably the only smart move they've made in a long time, their integrated graphics work is the only thing keeping the company relevant and suppliers happy.

When both companies go under because AMD can barely compete with Intel as it is before even acquiring ATI will it still be a good idea? What choice will we have for video cards then? Nivida or intergrated, yay.

You really should teach a course in logical fallacies. Classic moving the goal posts example here. Someone points out that AMD buying ATI wasn't their "worse" mistake, and you immediately switch gears to why it was bad for ATI, completely ignoring the fact you didn't say anything about it being bad for ATI in the first place.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
39. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 10, 2013, 23:34 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 22:50:
Just made Archmage again. That quest line (college of winterhold) is just really unsatisfying... How did Bethesda go from an utterly awesome quest line in Oblivion (slaying Mannimarco) to this? If you hurry, you can literally become Archmage in about two to three gamedays...

Even worse, you can do it with almost no ability to cast spells. You'd think the requirements to be Archmage would include some sort of demonstration of spell casting proficiency. But, then, the thief questline doesn't really require you to steal anything either. At least as an assassin they actually ask you to kill people.

3145 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo