Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bhruic

Real Name Bhruic   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2004, 23:07
Total Comments 3145 (Veteran)
User ID 22304

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > CD Project RED Dropping All DRM
17. Re: CD Project RED Dropping All DRM Mar 9, 2012, 04:19 Bhruic

Pretty much. For the crackers it isn't about playing the game for free, it's about being the first out with a cracked copy of the game.

Actually, it's about being first with the game in general. What likely happened is the first version they could get their hands on was the SecuROM version, so rather than wait for the GOG version, they cracked that one and released it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Ships; Review Roundup
110. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ships; Review Roundup Mar 8, 2012, 13:01 Bhruic

I think they'll be able to modify the War Assets rating, but not the Galactic Readiness, as the GR is stored on EA's servers. Even IF you modded that on your PC, it wouldn't overwrite the number on EA's servers, and I imagine it'd just get overwritten back again.

Well that's annoying.

Although I just went into the final with 3000+ points (over 6000 "real" points), so based on the numbers you posted before, I should still be able to get the "good" ending. For whatever that's worth.

News Comments > Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced
51. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 8, 2012, 05:05 Bhruic

DICE seems like they are giving something for everyone; Close-Quarters for the people who enjoy tight quarters combat, and Armored Kill for the people who like wide open maps and vehicle warfare.

In conclusion, please donít hate on someone else because of their preferences. We all have our likes and dislikes, but in the end everyone is getting a little something that they like; either it be Close Quarters, or Armored kill.

BS. They are making the false assumption that if you like big maps, you must also like vehicles. I like big maps, but I don't like vehicle-heavy big maps. That's my biggest complaint about maps like Firestorm or even more especially, Gulf of Oman. Gulf of Oman could be a good map, but if you end up with one team able to snag most of the vehicles, it becomes an exercise in futility.

I want more maps like Strike at Karkand - low vehicles, big map, lots of infantry fighting. And none of the announcements look like they are delivering that.

104. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ships; Review Roundup Mar 8, 2012, 05:01 Bhruic

Meh, there'll be a savegame editor out soon that'll allow you to modify the readiness rating.  

News Comments > Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced
25. Re: Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced Mar 7, 2012, 12:48 Bhruic

Video of a new map, looks fucking terrible. In fact it looks exactly like de_nightfever from Counter-Strike. All of those stupid Metro dunderheads have lead us to this

Yeah, I have to agree. I mainly play Conquest, so small maps like that are pretty pointless. I mean, I guess I can just skip the DLC, but I was hoping for some more big maps like the Karkand pack.

93. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ships; Review Roundup Mar 7, 2012, 12:31 Bhruic

Ah, I never bothered with the novels. I figured something like that might have happened tho'. Too bad I couldn't have chosen someone else to replace him (guess that would have ruined the plotline of ME3), because he always struck me as a whiney kid in ME1. I couldn't blame the council for not taking him seriously. *I* didn't, and I was of the same species.

Gotta say, barring one or two glaring issues, I'm enjoying the game so far. The fact they removed a lot of the tedium is welcome (mini-games, planet scanning being the big two).

90. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ships; Review Roundup Mar 7, 2012, 10:33 Bhruic

Did anyone else import a save where they'd made Anderson the human council member instead of Udina? I was pretty sure that I'd done that in my import, but Udina showed up as the current councilor. Wondering if that happens regardless, or if I'm misremembering what I did.  

88. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ships; Review Roundup Mar 7, 2012, 07:47 Bhruic

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 05:27:
InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 03:57:
So Legion isnt in the game?? Really? Man that was the most interesting character in ME2. He isnt in the game?

Well fuck it, I wasnt too hyped on the game anyway but now its a no buy.

So far I haven't encountered him but only at 63% of being ready to fight the Reapers. But I have encountered Thane, Jack, Grunt and Miranda so far.

The way the story seems to be going, dealing with the Quarians and Geth seems to be scheduled to take place towards the later stages of the game, so it's possible he's in there. I haven't met either him or Tali yet. Actually, I haven't met Grunt either, which is strange, as I've done a bunch of the Krogan stuff. Anyone know if he's in the game at all? I think I've met all the rest of the ME2 crew - wait, no, I haven't seen Jacob either. Never really liked him tho', so no loss.

edit: NM, found Grunt.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2012, 08:28.

36. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ships; Review Roundup Mar 6, 2012, 12:22 Bhruic

I must say I was shocked to find that when I imported my character from ME2, that it actually kept my level. Starting the game with a level 31 char seems really weird, but I'm assuming level scaling is in place. I'm almost wondering if I should have done a "new start" playthrough first, but I wanted to see how previous decisions impacted the game.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
128. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 5, 2012, 13:41 Bhruic

It would need the adoption level of a console and that is asking for a lot in the first gen

It would need that to do what? What exact goals do you envision them having for it? Hell, at this point, they haven't even announced the existence of such a product (although there are sufficient hints to make it likely). Judging how successful it would have to be (which begs the question of what "success" is) is a bit premature.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
44. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 13:26 Bhruic

Only a moron would try to sell a bridge they didn't own.

There's this thing called sarcasm. You might want to look into it. If only to avoid looking like the 'moron' you're calling others.

41. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 13:08 Bhruic

Yes.

In that case, I have this wonderful bridge to sell you. Cheap.

24. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 11:01 Bhruic

The Reapers have been landing for a week now. Strangely enough, they were arriving by balloon. Not exactly the high-tech that I would have expected them to have.  

News Comments > Tracing Rays Through the Cloud
9. Re: Tracing Rays Through the Cloud Mar 5, 2012, 10:55 Bhruic

I guess you don't get my point. They work on it from the wrong direction. They clone wolfenstein with a raytracer and try to get 60fps

I get your point, I just don't understand where your point is coming from. They didn't simply "clone wolfenstein". Each screenshot you see is clearly labeled as to what effect it is demonstrating (full sniper scope reflection in the first, glass refraction in the second, multiple simultaneous surveillance in the third, etc). The rest of the graphics have nothing to do with the ray tracing, they are there to have something there.

When they are done here they have wolfenstein running at 60fps - what they won't have, is an engine that *can* look like a frostbite 2 image given enough art-assets

Again, that would only matter if they are making an engine. They are making a proof of concept. They are demonstrating that this works. If it didn't work, it would be a waste of time to put all the effort into making an engine that uses it.

You are, to use the car analogy, complaining that they don't have the decals, spoiler and wax job done, when they are busy testing the engine to see if it'll turn over.

News Comments > U.K. Charts
2. Re: U.K. Charts Mar 5, 2012, 10:37 Bhruic

Are the UK Charts hardcopy sales, or does it include digital? I'm assuming the former, since most digital places don't release sales info.  

5. Re: Tracing Rays Through the Cloud Mar 5, 2012, 10:34 Bhruic

All Intel is doing here is trying to create a market that nobody really needs. Where they sell "their" rendering cards, which is really just cards with intel CPU's..

Well, they aren't trying to sell cards, they are trying to sell cloud services. And really, who are you to say that no one needs it? It's probably before its time, but 5-10 years from now, assuming they have it working as well as they claim, it would definitely blow away traditional polygon graphics.

Would they show a proof of concept that could best even my lame ass attempts at rendering images i would say, OK i give it a chance. But what they show here is not convincing, not even remotely.

It should be quite obvious that the proof of concept is aimed at developers of games, not consumers. As a consumer, your opinion of this isn't really relevant.

19. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 10:29 Bhruic

A gaming site posting tripe is strange to you?

A site dedicated to a topic that has people writing about that topic who are clueless regarding said topic is rather strange to me, yes. I don't expect them to be experts, but some basic knowledge (like that the PC version can't be played, and that Origin was never, EVER going to stop the game from being pirated) would seem appropriate.

18. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 10:26 Bhruic

If you have someone who pirates software -and- their only/primary gaming news source is bluesnews.com then he probably did.

You honestly think there are people who pirate things, but never check to see if there are things available to pirate unless they read about them here?

3. Re: Tracing Rays Through the Cloud Mar 5, 2012, 10:16 Bhruic

Proof of concept is just that. What people do with it, once it's been proven to work (assuming it is) is where the "magic" happens.  

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 10:13 Bhruic

If this was main stream media, I could excuse the lack of knowledge, but for a gaming site to post that tripe is pretty poor reporting. Do they just not have people who know what they are talking about at Develop?  

3145 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo