Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bhruic

Real Name Bhruic   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2004, 23:07
Total Comments 3145 (Veteran)
User ID 22304

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May?
33. Re: The Elder Scrolls MMOG Announcement in May? Mar 16, 2012, 13:04 Bhruic

I was able to take my spies and blow more of his stuff up, but over Skype was saying "Man I can't seem to kill that bastard". Since it is turned based he eventually figured it out, but it was cool nonetheless.

Ha, I did something similar in a game of Civ IV. We were co-operating, but not actually allied. So I kept bribing AI civs to go to war with him. And I kept saying "I don't understand why the AI doesn't like you so much. They are getting along fine with me."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions Announced
29. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions Announced Mar 15, 2012, 21:36 Bhruic

After being on the receiving end of

the biggest fucking troll ever

http://i.imgur.com/Dmog4.png

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
115. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 17:45 Bhruic

Will you shut up now? Especially since you are clearly incapable of using Google yourself.

You really have no clue how Diablo 2 worked, do you? Offline mode saved characters locally. Online "Open B.Net" saved characters locally. So yes, you could use the method you described to get dupes into Open B.Net.

"Online" characters, however, were stored remotely. Closed B.Net, which is what most people who played online used, didn't have any save file for you to copy/replace. Nor could you cross-play with offline or open B.Net chars to allow for trading. Closed B.Net was just that - closed.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow
41. Re: Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow Mar 15, 2012, 16:25 Bhruic

Hmm, I wonder how extensive the "improvements" are? Are they just updating the engine? Or are the updating the ruleset as well? I would be a lot less interested if they forced in 4th edition rules.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances Open Beta
12. Re: Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances Open Beta Mar 15, 2012, 16:24 Bhruic

none of them good. But all of them make a profit

If they're making a profit, obviously some people consider them good enough to spend money on.

It's not like they are the only option out there. If you don't like them (and I don't either), don't play them. But apparently some people do like them, so more power to them.

94. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 16:19 Bhruic

the game HAS TO HAVE PERSISTANT ONLINE, so they can counter Duping and other problems that ran rampant in Diablo 2

That's been the go-to excuse for awhile now, but look at how common and rampant cheating is in "online only" games. If going online only hasn't solved that problem, then not making it online only isn't going to compromise anything.

72. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 15:22 Bhruic

Try this guy:

I see stuff like this a lot, which for me is weird. My problems are always with my left (ie, wasd) hand. My mouse hand never has any problems.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 15:47 Bhruic

Enjoy your 1000 times better ending.

Damn. Just damn. At least 1000 times better. If Bioware had done that, and put in the appropriate people/voice-overs, I would have been satisfied.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 14:41 Bhruic

http://i41.tinypic.com/2567l1z.jpg

And that sums the ending up nicely.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 12:18 Bhruic

Heh, that's close to my ending. The crucible shot out these wonderful beams that hit all of the Reapers and they immediately powered down. My forces took advantage of their shields being down to destroy them. We are now doing clean up on the leftover infantry types, while Shepard and Liara slip off for some "quality time".  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 11:34 Bhruic

You been reading the big "Indoctrination" theories Creston? Interesting reading, even if I don't buy into it.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2012, 23:36 Bhruic

I don't see them doing it irresponsibly, they have genuinely improved the state of the browser quickly.

I don't disagree that they've made improvements. But the improvements aren't connected to the version number. Whether they call it "Firefox 11", or "Firefox 5.11" doesn't change the content of Firefox, or what's been patched. The improvements are completely independent.

Even if this only helps them internally its been worth it and I don't see the industry in general using a set of strict versioning guidelines these days

Strict, no, but deviations like this don't help.

There's also several competitors, some of whom use the same approach.

Yes, and I dislike them doing so just as much (well, ok, slightly less as much, as I don't use them, but do use Firefox).

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes
28. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes Mar 13, 2012, 20:04 Bhruic

It's EA, the price won't 'ever' decrease. Okay, 'ever' is the wrong term. 'For another decade' is about right though.

The amusing thing is that it's on special right now.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Close Quarters Trailer
29. Re: Battlefield 3 Close Quarters Trailer Mar 13, 2012, 19:34 Bhruic

What might be fun for you could be ruining 10 others peoples enjoyment and causing them to complain.

Not to mention the fact that people are more complaining about things like MAV-lifting, and other such exploits. The weapon balances are nice, but not the primary reason most people want the patch released.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes
25. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Free Passes Mar 13, 2012, 19:32 Bhruic

I'm curious, didn't they recently announce a "friends" free trial system? Where people could give a couple friends a code to play for 7 days? Seems odd to have two different "free trial" systems going at the same time.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking
21. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 17:28 Bhruic

I won't spoil anything but the tacked on bit is literally 5 seconds of content and is easily youtube'd or saved for a NG+. I did all of the crap to get it and it wasn't worth it nor does it save the terrible endings.

Oh, I know what it is, and you're right, it's not really worth it, but at least it's something.

It'll be interesting to see if this makes them change their DLC strategy. Not, I guess, that we'll know, but I can see them trying to come up with something that includes modifying the ending in some way.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Close Quarters Trailer
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Close Quarters Trailer Mar 13, 2012, 14:41 Bhruic

I think you just "disagree" for the sake of it without really reading anything.

Or maybe, just maybe, he was disagreeing with your "Looks great" statement. But I can understand how you'd miss that, it might require reading.

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 14:08 Bhruic

Fuck it. I'm just going to cheat. I'm going to modify Zaeed to provide +12000 war assets. Problem solved.  

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 13:14 Bhruic

Speaking of idiotic decisions... Just read that even if you do play ME3 MP to increase the readiness percentage, the readiness actually decreases every day that you don't play. Reports seem to be in the 2-5% loss per day range.

But don't worry, MP and SP are totally separate!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 13, 2012, 13:09 Bhruic

I have no idea why people are so fascinated with what version number they use but it is totally unimportant, they are also implementing background updating so it will soon be a moot point.

Despite having it explained numerous times?

There's nothing inherently wrong with doing it the way they are doing it, other than the fact it's against expectations. The public is used to version numbers being for "major" releases, not just a new feature or two. That's the way it's been for most software for quite some time now. So when people see a program coming out with "major" number changes for almost every release, it makes it look like they are just rushing out versions for the sake of rushing out versions. Trying to play "number catch-up" with the other browsers.

If the industry has a de-facto standard, which it does, then making use of that standard makes sense. Flaunting that standard does not, unless you have a really compelling reason to do so. Where is the compelling reason? Matching what Chrome is doing isn't it.

The new development model along with the new versioning system has produced a much better browser in a modest period of time, something that their old approach couldn't do any longer.

The versioning system had nothing to do with it. The versioning system doesn't control release schedule or features. They could have released the exact versions that they've put out over the last year with a saner versioning system.

3145 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo