Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bhruic

Real Name Bhruic   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2004, 23:07
Total Comments 3145 (Veteran)
User ID 22304

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
126. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 18:44 Bhruic

So with 1000 Krogan babies born to every mother, on a planet that has no capability to sustain itself, that Krogan Renaissance means that every single one of them will soon be like the Drell: Murdering each other over scraps of food and sips of fresh water.

Not to mention the fact that as part of the cure (assuming you did the cure), the building that was responsible for the planet having any breathable air got destroyed. I've often wondered why no one (in the game) commented on that at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

125. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 18:40 Bhruic

How is that dodging the question?

It's dodging the question because it's not answering it. How exactly does anything that you've chosen affect the ending? You've been asked that many times now, but rather than answering, you keep going back to "well, your choices affect other stuff before the ending". Well duh. We all knew that. Have you heard anyone complaining that your choices don't affect anything? No, you've heard people complaining that your choices don't affect the ending. So unless you actually want to step up and try and make a case for how your choices affect the ending, just admit they don't.

121. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 18:29 Bhruic

I've addressed this before. Each individual character gets resolution of their story arc. Those are the endings of your companions, but are not significant enough on a galactic scale against the reapers

You mean you've dodged the issue before. You claim that you are arguing against people complaining that their choices don't matter to the ending. But where is it? Yes, the choices you make matter during the rest of the game, but who's talking about the rest of the game? We are talking about the ending. You know, the ending where you get to pick one of three possible outcomes. How do any of your choices affect that?

Of course, you'll just dodge the question again, because you already know they don't. Why you won't just admit that and move on, I don't know, but it's probably why people are labeling you a shill.

119. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 18:27 Bhruic

10 , 100 or 1000 or even 10000 times faster than light is still INCREDIBLE slow, given the ranges involved.

Depends what your definition of "slow" is. If they had FTL that was 10000x the speed of light, even the Quarians could get home in ~8 years. And they'd have the farthest to travel of anyone. I wouldn't call 8 years fast, but most of them would be alive when they got there, all other conditions being equal. They certainly are used to traveling through space.

115. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 18:20 Bhruic

Its when people complain that your choices don't matter, that's what I'm arguing against

So why not demonstrate how your choices matter to the ending?

You saved the Geth vs the Quarians - what changed in your 3 colour choice? You betrayed the Krogans instead of saving them - what changed in your 3 colour choice? Morinth killed herself to save her daughter - what changed in the 3 colour choice?

I could, of course, go on.

The reality is that your choices don't matter in the end. The only things about the game that matter up to that point are how many points you have, and that's only to determine which colour(s) you get to pick from. How you got them, under what circustances, and with what choices are entirely irrelevant.

26. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 5, 2012, 11:05 Bhruic

So if people can stomach the concept then I think they'll accept whatever reasoning is given for the inevitable rediscovery of more relays or the underlying technology.

The Protheans did create a functional mass relay, even if it was a completely different type that absolutely broke the way mass relays functioned in the first place. So if people accepted that (which surprisingly they did), they could wave their hands and say "magical space pixies fixed the mass relays", and people shouldn't have a problem with it.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands
20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Expands Apr 4, 2012, 19:22 Bhruic

I actually surprised myself and picked this up. I was playing a trial, and found it a bit meh at first - the graphics are offputting, if nothing else - but it grew on me. I like they story system, and as much as I hate to admit it, the voice acting works. When playing most other MMOs, I tended to skip past the descriptions of the quests, and just go do them. With voice acting, I actually stop to listen to them being described.

I doubt it's a game I'll play for that long, typical end-game MMO stuff doesn't interest me at all. But although a lot of the stuff is similar, going through with a different character gives a different feel to quests. Plus I can always do a lightside character, and get a different feel for things.

The only thing that I'd enjoy more is what Darks mentioned, going through it with someone else. I can generally solo Heroic 2+ missions (except for a few with really annoying Champions), but the Heroic 4s are right out, and grouping is really hit-or-miss.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 20:41 Bhruic

I can't speak for now, but movie rental product used to be purchased directly from the distributors (studios sold to distributors at a higher rate) at a far higher rate than they were sold to the public for. ie: $30 to retail, $110 to the video store

That's certainly true, but I don't think it disproves the point. Rentals were a significant market for movies. I wouldn't be surprised to find that, at least at one point, there were more rentals than purchases. So while there hasn't been an exact match to gaming, there have been somewhat comparable situations.

The film studios were involved in the movie rental business model. Pubs were not involved in the video game rental business model.

Again, whose fault is that? Back 20 years ago, I actually rented games for the PC. There was a local store near my university that did so. Second year, they closed down because publishers were annoyed with them. Imagine if they'd embraced that model instead of worrying so much about piracy? Unfortunately, where formats won for movies (VCRs and DVD burners being legal), they didn't do so for games, which is why things are where they are now. Publishers bit themselves in the ass.

Although it's worth noting that Blockbuster did, in fact, rent out games as well as movies.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 17:47 Bhruic

1) There is no major commercial used retailer for movies, music or books. At all. This is the prime reason game companies get so damn annoyed.

There was, for a long, LONG time, multiple companies dedicated to renting out movies. There still are, in different formats. The amount of people renting movies was most likely at least as high, if not higher, than the percentage of people who buy used games.

3) There's no support for movies, music or books. Once a sale is made that's it, it's done. Video games have patches and online servers to maintain

And who's fault is that? Publishers have insisted on having control over servers, so if they want to blame anyone for that, it's themselves. And movies, music and books don't need patches because they get edited properly beforehand. Again, something that publishers could do, but don't. If publishers insist on creating situations that cause themselves problems, they don't then get to whine about the problems they have.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 2, 2012, 12:10 Bhruic

I don't expect always-on. Piracy really isn't a huge issue on the 360 due to the giant hassle and potential risks of piracy

"Always on" isn't aimed at piracy on consoles, it's aimed at the rental market. If you require an online connection, then you can require an online account, and lock games to it. If someone wants to play a used copy, then they can be charged to play it.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Patched
28. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patched Mar 30, 2012, 13:13 Bhruic

Dear god have they made helicopters overpowered now. Maps like Wake Island are just a fucking embarassment now, as soon as one team manages to steal all the choppers, there is just nothing you can do against them. And they apparently beefed up the side guns substantially. I watched a heli do a strafing run, quickly followed by 10-12 "rez body here" pop ups. Just insane damage.

I won't say the game was balanced before, but from what I've seen so far, they've made it much, much worse.

24. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patched Mar 30, 2012, 12:20 Bhruic

I don't think the suppression is as bad as some people are saying, but damn if there aren't some bugs.

One I haven't seen mentioned - died at the end of a round, didn't get either the Conquest or Conquest Win patches (or points) - despite being on the winning team.

Not to mention the fact that apparently they didn't fix the hacks, first server I played on had an obvious aimbotter on it.

edit: Hmm, another round no Conquest/win awards, but I wasn't dead this time.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2012, 12:28.

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
97. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 30, 2012, 02:38 Bhruic

but games like GTA and Mafia that mix driving with action and shooting I find better overall on controller, as do many others.

I'm sure some people do, but not everyone. I've played GTA with a controller, and I've played it with KB+M. I would take KB+M every time. Part of that, no doubt, is the fact I rarely use a controller, and more often use KB+M. But that's not really the issue. For me, using the KB+M is a superior experience.

PC gaming is about flexibility and confining yourself to just KB+M is neglecting the best aspect of PC gaming - flexibility.

Flexibility doesn't overcome practicality. I have the ability to plug my PC into my TV, but I rarely do so, because the computer and TV are in separate rooms. If a game developer made a game and said "we're going to design this for people using 50" TVs with their computers", I'd rightly be annoyed. Yes, it's possible to have that setup, but it's not the standard, and it's silly to force everyone into that situation.

Some people have controllers for their computers. Many more don't. So designing a game around that as a requirement is foolish. Make sure your KB+M support is solid, and if you want to implement optional controller support, go nuts. But don't ignore KB+M just because the controller is supposedly "superior".

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Preorders Killing It
5. Re: Assassin's Creed III Preorders Killing It Mar 29, 2012, 22:22 Bhruic

the biggest marketing commitment we've ever made, will make Assassins Creed III the highest-selling Assassin's Creed game ever

Well at least they are honest about that part.

8. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patched Mar 29, 2012, 22:19 Bhruic

How did something as simple as "fire a missile at a jet from another jet" slip by their testing procedure? You know, that "extra testing" that they could do because of the console patch delay.

I guess we're just all lucky they don't do "emergency fix" patches anymore, because otherwise they might be able to fix it in a day or so. Now we can enjoy it for months!

News Comments > SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected
25. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 10:55 Bhruic

As much as I respect your stance, and many do too, unfortunately 15 million people will still buy it Day 1.

I suspect this might have been hyperbole, but in case it wasn't, there is no way that SimCity V is going to sell 15 million copies. There's a chance it might sell 1.5 million, but even that isn't necessarily likely (SimCity IV appears to have sold around 2 million copies).

News Comments > SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected
12. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 10:32 Bhruic

That's a compromise I'm willing to live with, kudos to them for the fast clarification

It's a compromise I'm willing to live with because I'm sure some enterprising young cracker will quickly strip the game of that requirement, allowing me to play my single player in peace. Still doesn't excuse EA for having it in the first place.

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
83. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 29, 2012, 09:53 Bhruic

Don't buy what specifically?

I don't buy that they don't have another reason. I don't believe that EA decided to make an online DRM experiment with a game like SimCity. I believe that they had something else in mind - it's just a matter of what that "something" is. Could be the social element that has been mentioned, that's plausible.

Anything with Sim in the name is likely to sell decently and EA needs exclusive properties to fuel the Origin vehicle.

I don't really agree. There's a large market for The Sims, but that doesn't mean anything with "Sim" in it will sell. The fact the rest of the Sim franchise has been effectively dead for so long demonstrates that. If they were really interested in pushing Origin, they'd focus on getting as many sales as possible, rather than extensively burdening the game with more restrictions.

I guess there's nothing to do but what and see what they announce. As I've said, I'm still skeptical about this "announcement" in general - we've only seen 2nd-hand reports.

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
87. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 29, 2012, 02:39 Bhruic

This is not an attack, just a question for curiosity's sake.

Of the people complaining about this in this thread, how many of you were planning on purchasing AC3 before you read this?

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
78. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 29, 2012, 02:32 Bhruic

There isn't always some evil motive. They simply want to try expanding the game into some multiplayer aspects. They could, in theory, put in an offline mode I'm sure. But if the online component is significant enough they could feel that creating a crippled pure-offline mode that only a few die-hards will use would be a waste of resources.

That's my point. I don't assume they are doing this just to be dicks (although it's possible), I believe they think this is a good move. I just don't understand what their reasoning is that lead them to that belief. There wasn't - to my knowledge - a huge cry from people for the ability to play the game online. So unless they can demonstrate a real advantage to playing online (and some reason that you must play online), this seems to be a really bad decision.

3145 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo