Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bhruic

Real Name Bhruic   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2004, 23:07
Total Comments 3145 (Veteran)
User ID 22304

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
4. Re: Saturday Interviews Mar 30, 2013, 18:14 Bhruic

I'm still on the fence on the issue, as I see both sides of it.
If the media would independently scan the projects to figure out which the good ones are, no matter who is involved, we would all be a huge step ahead in these things.

That quote, however, seems exceptionally naive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Next Week's Borderlands 2 Patch Details
1. Re: Next Week's Borderlands 2 Patch Details Mar 28, 2013, 22:22 Bhruic

The level cap requires you to buy the DLC? That's a pretty shitty approach.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:20 Bhruic

This is no real surprise. EA's attempts to make this a F2P game were entirely flawed. They didn't seem to understand that you make money with F2P by having people want to play the game. If you put massive restrictions in the way of playing right at the start, people are going to check it out for 5 minutes, get frustrated, and stop playing.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 09:27 Bhruic

InBlack wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 08:57:
This is both refreshing and suspect at the same time, the original Bioshock had a great storyline (apparently) but the gameplay was so terribad (for me at least) that I couldnt be bothered to finish it.

I wouldn't say that Bioshock had a good storyline so much as it had a good setting. The story was ok, but pretty basic (barring the "plot twist"). So if Infinite actually has a good story, that'll be a step up.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 20, 2013, 10:22 Bhruic

I'm not sure what game designers are getting most of the flak for innovation. Until the recent trend with Kickstarter, most dev studios were at the mercy of their publisher. It's hard to do much innovation when the publisher wants you to churn out the latest clone of the last successful game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2013, 09:16 Bhruic

Anyone looking to check out the Neverwinter MMO, they are having a beta weekend. You can get a key for it from nVidia:
Beta keys

News Comments > FEZ Coming to Steam
26. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 08:20 Bhruic

ASeven wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 05:39:
http://i.imgur.com/oQOaHOx.png

I like how he's being quoted as not making a PC version because he doesn't care about sales or revenue almost simultaneously with his post that he's doing it for the money.

News Comments > EA Will "Look Into" Offline SimCity; New Patch Released
37. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 19:57 Bhruic

"We looked into it and decided we didn't want to do it. Trust restored, right guys? Guys?"  

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
45. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 15:21 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 14:32:
They've said that player houses in the cities are going to be very limited, and only open to the "rich people" tiers. So because I don't have $500 to plonk down on it, I would never be able to own a player house in the city? And if said player who owns that house wants to make said house a pimpin' whorehouse, said changes get downloaded to my game when I "sync" it?

Sounds pretty much like an (M)MO to me.

Yes, a game where you can play it consistently offline without ever needing to connect to a server sounds a lot like an MMO. *sigh*

Look, if you don't like features of the way they are implementing multiplayer, by all means, complain about those features. Frankly, I think the whole concept of having the game world sync up when you connect online sounds stupid. But that's a far cry from your original assertion that "nobody wants a multiplayer RPG".

41. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 14:25 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 14:00:
Bhruic wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 13:53:
Really? BG 1&2, considered by many to be among the best RPGs of all time had multiplayer.

Did you ever try them? I mean, seriously? It was so broken as to be laughable. My buddy and I had planned to play all of BG2 in coop, even created characters that would work well together and cover several necessary areas.

We never even managed to get out of the first dungeon without de-synching.

Yes, a friend and I played through BG2 twice. It was a lot of fun, and we didn't have any problems.

None of the Ultimas were multiplayer, and I'm pretty sure none of the Ultima fans who want another Ultima want multiplayer in their Ultima.

Because that would make it Ultima Online.

No it wouldn't. There's a vast difference between an RPG that supports multiplayer, and an RPG that's an MMO.

Unless you think BG and DDO are the same because they both have multiplayer.

33. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 13:53 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 11:43:
Also, this is a multiplayer game. I guess RG wants to see if he can mimic EA.

Pass. Nobody wants a fucking multiplayer rpg, Garriot. Well, I guess the SimCity crowd might.

Really? BG 1&2, considered by many to be among the best RPGs of all time had multiplayer. Both the NWN games had multiplayer. Having multiplayer in an RPG isn't an automatic bad thing unless it's mandatory multiplayer. Since you can play this single player and offline, that's not the case here, so I'm not sure why this would be a negative.

News Comments > SimCity Adding Servers
36. Re: SimCity Adding Servers Mar 7, 2013, 12:49 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 12:37:
ASeven wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 12:15:
Guys, I finally found out who Slick and RollingThunder are!

Makes sense.

I also love how terrible EA's reputation is that they can post a flat-out denial at the end of that article, and your first impression is "Whatever. We know you fuckers did exactly this."

I have a hard time believeing that part at the end is an actual EA quote. As idiotic as they often are, even they can't cavalierly throw out "There is no reason to since the always online requirement is a good thing." without breaking down into laughter... can they?

News Comments > Dead Space 4 Cancelled?
45. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 13:45 Bhruic

Clancy wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 13:10:
EA's US PR team has reportedly called the VideoGamer.com report "patently false".

Yup, they definitely don't comment on rumors.

News Comments > Arma III Alpha Released
26. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 12:46 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 12:09:
Obviously I see the differences between Arma3 and WarZ, but I still would much rather Steam not allow Alphas on there.

They don't really have a choice. They want to alpha test it, but they have gone the "integrated Steamworks" approach. So there's no real way to get it tested without going through Steam. And since Valve wants companies to use Steamworks (more money for them), they aren't likely to throw anything in the way of companies going this route.

News Comments > Op Ed
44. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2013, 12:52 Bhruic

Tumbler wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 11:14:
Valve hasn't gone after the low hanging fruit and if they do gamers will complain just like they do with EA.

There are lots of non-cosmetic things for sale in TF2. They do it the exact same way that DS3 does it - you can grind for items/mats, or you can spend the money and buy the items directly.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2013, 10:34 Bhruic

Julio wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 10:20:
He implies it quite clearly in the article. Especially in the section where he's tired of EA being seen as the bad guy. Basically implying that gamers shouldn't complain like they do about microtransactions.

Actually, he's tired of EA being seen as the bad guy where Valve is fine. Valve has had microtransactions in TF2 for a long time. They have microtransactions in Portal 2. There haven't been many complaints about either of those. But EA announces they are going to do microtransactions in their games, and it's "pile on EA" time.

If you want to complain about microtransactions, by all means, complain. He's just asking you to be consistent about it.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Mar 1, 2013, 21:43 Bhruic

Not sure why he's getting attacked for saying exactly what people here have been claiming they've been doing. How many people here have said they won't buy any more EA games? How many have said they won't use Origin?

That's exactly what he's saying you should do. If you don't like it, don't buy it. The market will decide if it's financially viable.

Jivaro wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 19:50:
I am not sure what made him post this though...it isn't exactly an Earth shattering revelation. Seems like it is more likely just to piss people off given the tone of the piece.

This I agree with. What he's saying is so obvious, I'm not sure why it had to be said at all.

News Comments > Arma 3 Alpha Next Week
29. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 27, 2013, 13:34 Bhruic

Jerykk wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 12:29:
Your link doesn't say that, though. It just says that the game requires Steam, like any Steamworks game does. I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to buy Steam keys for the game from other distributors, like Amazon, GamersGate, GMG, etc.

It doesn't say that? Did you even bother to read it?

Not only is Arma 3 PC-exclusive, but now we have decided to make it Steam-exclusive as well.

26. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 27, 2013, 11:52 Bhruic

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 09:13:
Jerykk wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 04:39:
I'm pretty sure ArmA3 isn't going to be a Steam exclusive. It will use Steamworks but still be available for purchase from other digital distributors, just like every other Steamworks game.
So like Jerykk said you will be able to buy the game other places not just Steam but the game uses Steamworks so you will need Steam to run it.

No, he's incorrect. Yes, they will have physical boxes, but the link I posted states quite clearly that Steam will be the only digital distribution system they will be using.

22. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 27, 2013, 07:34 Bhruic

Jerykk wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 04:39:
I'm pretty sure ArmA3 isn't going to be a Steam exclusive. It will use Steamworks but still be available for purchase from other digital distributors, just like every other Steamworks game.

Did you miss http://www.bluesnews.com/s/139259/arma-iii-steam-exclusive ?

3145 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo