Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bhruic

Real Name Bhruic   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2004, 23:07
Total Comments 3145 (Veteran)
User ID 22304

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion
106. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 4, 2013, 18:05 Bhruic

After thinking about this, I've come to the conclusion they might have a point. Because if there's one thing that African-Americans are known for, it's their tea parties.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

84. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 4, 2013, 11:20 Bhruic

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 4, 2013, 11:15:
Way to take a comment out of context. I think it's pretty common knowledge the whole PC movement is more a product of the left. That's just the truth of it.

I agree, the PC movement tends to have a liberal bias.

Now explain wtf that has to do with changing:
People will be offended at anything and everything.
to
Liberals will be offended at anything and everything.

Unless you believe the only thing that people get offended at is political correctness (which would make you an idiot), your statement is, well, idiotic. You didn't "fix" anything, you attempted to suggest that people who aren't liberals don't get offended by things. Which anyone with a functioning brain cell is well aware is completely incorrect.

So if you are trying to honestly suggest you aren't trolling, we aren't left with many other explanations for why you would "fix" the sentence so stupidly.

18. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 3, 2013, 13:50 Bhruic

You know what I think is racist? Suggesting there's such a thing as "cliched African-American slang" (not accusing Blue, just the people making the argument). If they'd stop assuming that's how black people talk, then maybe they stop being so damn offended when non-black people talk like that.

Fuck, if they are going to be this idiotic, why not go after Eminem? Damn white guy stealing black people's music! Here's a tip you idiotic "I see racist people!" motherfuckers... Just because a certain portion of one type of people do something doesn't make it racist if a non-"type" person does it too. Stop trying to be fucking offended by everything!

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta
58. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 29, 2013, 00:39 Bhruic

Quinn wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 11:38:
Somehow I don't feel like starting it up anymore. It started to feel messy when Act 2 started. This is because you were getting multiple quests all over the fucking place, which made you travel back and forth.

You'll really only need to do that for your first playthrough. In subsequent ones, you'll (or at least I did) figure out how to do all the quests without having to repeat areas. For some reason the way they did it, they don't have the quests given out for numerous ones until you complete other ones. What you may not realize is that you don't have to have a quest assigned before you are able to do it. So you can go through and do quite a few of the quests immediately, which cuts down on repeating areas a lot.

Plus you'll find that Act 3 is a little more linear than Act 2 - about halfway between 1 and 2 I'd say.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
10. Re: path of exile Jan 27, 2013, 10:58 Bhruic

PHJF wrote on Jan 27, 2013, 09:15:
PoE is the closest thing to a Diablo 1/2

And yet it's inferior to both in virtually every aspect.

If that's your take on it, that's fine, but obviously I disagree with you. That's not to say there's nothing I liked more about D1/2, because there were things they did better. But PoE has done a lot of things right, and definitely some I would say are superior to what D1/2 had to offer.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
7. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 27, 2013, 07:11 Bhruic

Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 18:24:
POE is ok so far but it's no Diablo - and I obviously mean 1/2 by that.

I disagree. PoE is the closest thing to a Diablo 1/2 sequel that I've seen so far. Definitely closer in spirit than T2 or D3. I really like the fact they've done away with gold, although my "pick up everything I see" instinct keeps fighting with my "I can't sell them for anything" intellect.

Now that I've got a better handle on the skill tree, I deleted my first char, and have restarted a new one. As suspected, there was no way to save my original char with the relative mess I'd made of the points I'd put in.

My biggest annoyance with the game at this point is global chat. I know I can turn it off, but I like reading about discussions about the actual game (which sometimes happens). I don't like reading about politics, religion, people who think "alt-f4" is a clever response to questions, etc. Hopefully they'll do some sort of off-topic channel for all the idiots to use, and have global for people actually involved in the game.

Overall, this is absolutely a fun game.

27. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 24, 2013, 18:45 Bhruic

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 17:57:
Use the Passive Skill Tree tool on the website to plan your build. You can copy the link for your build so you can load it back up anytime you want to tinker with it.

Which is fine for down the road, but when you first start playing, you have no idea what's good. So how can you plan a build? I have no idea if I'm going to start running out of mana a lot when I get to higher levels, so how can I know if I should try and incorporate some extra mana and/or mana regen into the build? I don't know what damage types are common, so I don't know if getting 16% Chaos Resist is worth it. And etc. There's no way to know these things unless you read other people's builds, which takes a lot of the fun out of it, or you experiment. But the way the system works now, if you put in all the points to reach some of the better passives, you're relatively committed. Sure, you can undo a couple points, but that's usually not enough if you find you should have taken a completely different path.

9. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 24, 2013, 05:30 Bhruic

Definitely an entertaining game, but I suspect at some point I'm going to be pretty annoyed they don't offer complete respects (they just give you the ability to take back X number of skills). Without spending a lot of time memorizing the skills and how you get to them, there's no way that I'm going to be able to come up with a really good build. Right now that won't bother me much, as it's early enough it won't be slowing me down terribly, but at some point have a very sub-optimal build is going to be an annoyance. Taking back a few points isn't going to allow me to fix that.

Minor annoyance in the grand scheme of things, of course. It certainly seems to have the Diablo "feel" to it.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups
49. Re: Meh... Jan 22, 2013, 19:41 Bhruic

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 19:37:
Well, y'all making me feel like a spring chicken, seeing as I didn't start with the Elder Scrolls until Daggerfall. Huzzah!

The sad thing is the beta app only went back to Morrowind. Where's our chance to prove what total fanboys we are??

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
51. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 18:16 Bhruic

Shok wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 16:42:
I'm doubtful though after Diablo 3 and how everyone complained and bought it anyway.

Believe it or not, while there may have been some overlap, generally speaking, those of us who complained about Diablo 3 (pre-release of course) didn't end up buying it. It's important to note that when you see a group of people complaining before a release, and you see a group of people complaining after a release, it doesn't automatically follow that the same people are in both groups.

It's actually a fairly common problem around here, where people claim that everyone is so negative all the time, etc. But what they fail to note is that people who are negative about one game tend to be positive about another. It's a different person who's negative about the second game. Which only makes sense as people have different tastes. Lumping everyone together as being negative about all games is (to misuse the analogy) missing the trees for the forest.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
25. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2013, 15:21 Bhruic

Bodolza wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 13:36:
Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 12:05:
Anyway, this really needs to become classified as a crime.

If posting pictures (that you own) of people without their explicit permission became a crime, it would instantly kill Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, and any other photo sharing site.

Say good-bye to news magazines as well.

There's no need to be that broad. Having sex is legal. Paying to have sex isn't (at least in most of the US). Personally I think that's stupid, but it's a good example for this situation. You don't have to make all pictures illegal to upload without permission.

Still, I'm not sure that it'd really do that much to stem the tide, so to speak. There are lots of less-than-legal things that people do online, and the lack of legality doesn't seem to slow them down.

News Comments > Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout
30. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 22, 2013, 00:37 Bhruic

I don't even recall him, so I guess that's how "memorable" he was for me. I'm definitely interested in another Fallout (although I'd rather have Obsidian do it), but him being in it is of no interest to me at all.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2013, 18:18 Bhruic

Someone who's lied for years may have continued to lie? Colour me shocked!  

News Comments > Chris Taylor on Wildman
4. Re: Chris Taylor on Wildman Jan 19, 2013, 18:13 Bhruic

Ugh, it's hard to not think it's a fake plea. The only people who can comment on his "tough decision" are ones who have already pledged. Why would they, if they were willing to pledge, then turn around and say "nah, go ahead and don't bother making the game I'm willing to pay you to make".

It's pretty obvious they won't, which makes it hard not to come to the conclusion he's using that strategy to garner attention. Which is a pretty under-handed tactic, if true.

News Comments > SimCity Beta This Month
18. Re: SimCity Beta This Month Jan 19, 2013, 16:11 Bhruic

I'm curious as to what they are trying to accomplish with this. You get to beta it for a whole one hour? Do they really expect that to be enough time to accomplish anything, let alone notice any bugs?

I know betas have been trending towards public demos for awhile now, but this seems to be even more blatant than normal.

News Comments > Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month
9. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 19, 2013, 00:21 Bhruic

Blackhawk wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 00:12:
PC sales, as of last July (8 months after release) accounted for only 14% of total sales. PS3 had 27% and Xbox360 had 59%.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/skyrim-the-elder-scrolls-v-statistics/

I like how the website says "verified" and all, but with no links to actual verification, it's really hard to believe they have any more clue than the rest of us.

News Comments > Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month
6. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 18, 2013, 23:51 Bhruic

Creston wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 22:47:
That said, I'm pretty sure that Skyrim is outselling the consoles on PC, so I do hope that Bethesda will stop all this fucking "30 60 days exclusive" bullshit in favor of fucking Microsoft.

Why would they? Microsoft is willing to pay them for timed exclusives for the XBox. No one is going to pay them for timed exclusives for the PC. And since there's no way to tell how many (if any) sales they are losing on the PC from the timed exclusives, the visible money says keep doing them.

News Comments > Fallout TV Series?
21. Re: Fallout TV Series? Jan 16, 2013, 17:16 Bhruic

My concern is less about can they do it, and more about what would they do? Unlike stuff like Game of Thrones, there's no plot they can steal from the source material. I don't have a lot of faith in most TV these days when it comes to good storylines. Just being in the "Fallout" world wouldn't make for good TV if the story sucked.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
28. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 16, 2013, 13:18 Bhruic

Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 10:54:
But you're also the only person in this thread not excusing these guys. No one is saying that they shouldn't be allowed to make this, they're saying that they chose to make this shows a problem in the gaming community. Which you're acknowledging.

But you're the only one.

Everyone else here is saying things like "deal with it," or "first world problems" or "don't like it don't buy it," as if it simply not being purchased means it isn't an example of a problem. When we actually discuss a problem most likely it's "shut up and make me a sandwich" or "stop whining about first world problems."

Gamers tend to be straight white males, and tend to get EXTREMELY defensive whenever a non straight white male says that they feel a bit excluded. Again, this board (but not you) is a perfect example. People bend over backwards to say that they know what it's like to not be a straight white male because of one incident that lasted five minutes.

You make no effort to connect your points. I personally think the statue is in pretty poor taste - not because of gender, sexuality or race issues, but because it's pretty ugly. But I don't see any indication that any of those factors play into it at all. You go off on a rant about us all being "white straight males" without any indication that has any impact on our perception of this situation.

And then you describe this as a "problem", with no evidence that there's any problem whatsoever. If you want to rail against people, and you are so convinced we have a problem, how about actually presenting evidence there's a problem, rather than claiming there is with nothing to back it up (your standard MO, of course).

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
16. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2013, 23:37 Bhruic

Trevellian wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 22:52:
Good for you, you paid less and you actually enjoyed the game.

We didn't. If I had enjoyed the game I wouldn't have cared about the 50 bucks. Doesn't make our disappointment in it any different because you got a deal. Whether we got it at 50 bucks, or 30 bucks, we still would have thought it was shit and a waste of money. We finished it, uninstalled it and have never thought about installing it again.

I must admit to curiosity as to why you would actually finish a game that you all apparently disliked that much? When I dislike a game, I generally stop playing it.

3145 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo