Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bhruic

Real Name Bhruic   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 14, 2004, 23:07
Total Comments 3145 (Veteran)
User ID 22304

User comment history
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 6, 2012, 07:04 Bhruic

Only things I buy at BB/FS are stuff that I need to be able to examine physically before buying. Keyboards and mice, for example, as I'm pretty picky about keyboard layout and mouse feel. Otherwise, they're never really competitive price-wise, and I'm not a fan of their pseudo-stalking version of "can I help you today?"  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Clue?
23. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 6, 2012, 06:58 Bhruic

If they are working on HL3, which would be nice, I really hope they don't give in to Blizzard, Bioware, etc style hyping with announcements well over a year before the game will be out. If they are going to release it in June (as an example), announce it in May.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2012, 06:53 Bhruic

How's that hope and change working for you liberals?? Haha.

Really, you're trying to spin politics on this one?

Doesn't matter which party you look at, the majority of them are in the back pockets of corporations.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 6, 2012, 00:12 Bhruic

Since when have we allowed this world to go so low to the point corporations now dictate our own rights and make the government act like their own private cops?

Not just the government, but justice as well. Thanks to the Supreme Court and the "Corporations are people too, and can spend as much money as they want buying politicians because thats 'free speech'" ruling.

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
30. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 17:01 Bhruic

But fortunately for my side of the argument, it is a fact that most gamers are online.

Sure, and it's a fact that not all gamers are online all the time.

I'm making my point from the stance that a connectivity requirement doesn't impact pretty much any gamer. Including you.

Right, and now with your stupid crystal ball approach, you've downgraded yourself from idiot to dumbass. Yeah, I have decent internet for about 75% of the year. But for the other 25%, I have either dialup, or extremely poor wireless. In neither situation can I play any game that requires a constant internet connection. So yes, this damn well does impact me.

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
19. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 12:44 Bhruic

As for requiring an online connection, the fact that you blast it pretty much tells me you're a troll or an idiot

The idiot here is you for assuming that everyone has the same gaming issues that you have. Constant online not a problem for you? Congrats. That doesn't mean it's not a problem for other people. Small-minded dolts like you are always a large part of the problem... "It doesn't affect me personally, so it can't possibly be an issue for anyone else".

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
65. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 4, 2012, 01:58 Bhruic

Hogwash, sir! It's easily and quickly remedied. Just have a high level mob spawn with the containers and tether them to it. Or just put a minimal level cap on them. Problem solved.

Again, it's not that there aren't solutions to the problem. There are plenty, of which the one you posted is certainly one (although I understand that area is supposed to be a pvp zone, isn't it?). The problem is that you can't just plop that into a game like this in a quick patch. MMOs don't get "quick patches". You can't put something like that on a live server without tested it. A testing procedure that will take quite a while. That's just how MMOs work, which is a good thing, as untested patches often have unintended consequences.

So in the meantime, rather than have people able to continually exploit the system, they are giving warnings and temp-bans. The most reasonable solution to the problem.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 13:05 Bhruic

Every MMO I've played has had "exploits" listed as bannable offenses in their ToS. And what an "exploit" is has always been a bit of a grey area. It's no real surprise that SW:ToR has had people try to exploit it, and no surprise that they've tried to stop it.

While yes, I agree that they should close the loopholes, it's not a simple matter of "oh, fix that". It has to be tested, vetted, and tested again before they can release a patch on live servers. Having people continue to exploit a system in the meantime can be severely unbalancing to a game.

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2012, 07:06 Bhruic

It comes out to a little over $20K USD, if I remember correctly, so that's not bad. On the other hand, plenty of that "value" likely comes from games that you'd never actually play. I know that even if I won every game Steam has, I'd still only play about 5% of them.

I'd have been perfectly happy winning my top 10 wishlist games.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bans?
41. Re: The Old Republic Bans? Jan 2, 2012, 03:15 Bhruic

ASeven wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 18:46:
Been googlefuing a bit more, found this, no idea if they're real or fake.
http://i.imgur.com/e3dRQ.png
http://i.imgur.com/ncUKU.jpg

That second one seems a little suspect, if only because I'd hope that Bioware wouldn't be giving people "permeate bans".

Actually, the first one is pretty bad too, "action gainst your account", and "familiarise youself with".

I suppose it's possible that no one spell-checked their form letters, but that seems rather dubious.

News Comments > On Sale
41. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 01:03 Bhruic

I've always thought the Steam download pausing thing was intentional. The download pauses on startup to ensure max bandwidth for mp games, or so I've been thinking...

That's what I thought at first, but it doing it for every game, mp or not, is a bit silly. There's no real need to pause a download when I'm playing sp.

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2011, 23:32 Bhruic

Voice acting does severely limit role-playing games.

Sadly, voice acting is hugely in demand. In some cases it can work well - the ME series would be a lesser game without it. But I still remember the flak that Age of Conan took because the starter island was fully voiced, but once off it, only some major questlines were. People complained like crazy. Personally, I didn't find it that big a deal. I find the voices in Skyrim much more annoying, simply because of the limited dialog.

News Comments > Mobilization
9. Re: Mobilization Dec 28, 2011, 17:23 Bhruic

To sum up that article: WP7 respects consumers and picks their side in battles and is losing the war for it.

To correctly sum up that article: Microsoft tried to shaft phone companies, and they wouldn't put up with it.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2011, 21:02 Bhruic

I doubt there is, but on the offchance... Anyone not have Portal yet?  

News Comments > Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost
32. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 24, 2011, 20:34 Bhruic

It's the scripting I'm worried about, something doesn't get set and 4 quests later, the main plot leads me to an impossible situation. Even if I have saves from before hand, it's a pain in the ass to retrace my steps.

There's no quest that you can't fix via the console, even on the off-chance that you did have something go wrong.

News Comments > Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost
6. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 24, 2011, 12:26 Bhruic

It's being updated on Nexus, so a good point to keep track of it, should it change in the future:
http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4387

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 23, 2011, 18:07 Bhruic

Except for one problem - entry-level people in IT are just that... entry level. Their level of applicable skills are limited, and can typically be replaced at will. It's because so many people could do their jobs that they get paid as low as they do.

True, but not the point. If a company is having its workers leave for "better paying" jobs after a year, it's pretty obvious that they aren't paying their workers enough. Pay them what the other companies that are hiring them away are offering, and they'll likely stay - unless the company is horrible to work for.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 23, 2011, 12:44 Bhruic

Any why the hell is Jobs getting a Grammy for the ipod and itunes? Did the Napster guy get a Grammy? MP3 players were around for 6 years before the ipod! Apple's "innovations" amount to the Japanese concept of just knocking of other peoples stuff with a slick marketing campaign.

Why? Because they created the largest online music store. It's about marketing clout. Plus, they get to cash in on Steve Jobs's name, since he's dead.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2011, 17:39 Bhruic

Skyrim CPU patch

This patch will improve your frame rate by up to 40% in all CPU-dependent situations, i.e. especially in cities.
It works mostly by rewriting some x87 FPU code and inlining a whole ton of useless getter functions along the critical paths because the developers at Bethesda, for some reason, compiled the game without using any of the optimization flags for release builds.

News Comments > On The Old Republic Queues
1. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 21, 2011, 20:29 Bhruic

Character transfer is a common request for these servers. The ability to transfer your characters is being worked on, but there is no ETA on when it will be available.

That an MMO would launch today without thinking that maybe, just maybe they should have character transfers ready for launch is mind bogling.

3145 Comments. 158 pages. Viewing page 52.
< Newer [ 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo