Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for WarChilde

Real Name WarChilde   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarChilde
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 12, 2004, 15:40
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 22280

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today
31. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 2, 2012, 17:05 WarChilde

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 16:35:
It will be wiped. No worries about that. Curious though. Can you delete all your current characters and then make a new one on a different server? If not, that might be a bug on their end.

Yes, Anet has stated everything but your friends list will be deleted prior to launch/early access. This includes server selection

Regardless though, I do expect the home server thing to cause a fairly strong uproar in the first few days after launch as it veers far afield of common MMO practice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules
35. Re: Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules Jul 6, 2012, 11:22 WarChilde

I find it interesting we have in the same thread people saying GW2 veers a bit too far from MMO conventions and people saying it is nothing but the same tired old MMO conventions.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
123. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:21 WarChilde

Slashman wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:16:
You actually lose progress when your game drops. You can't save so you are plunked back in the game with whole areas that you had explored now fogged out again(at least according to one of the first impression reviews). I mean I can't imagine what it would be like to have just nearly beat a hard boss and have your connection drop(either on your end or Blizzard's servers and have to do over the whole section that you just played through).

This is nearly the same as D2 (both single and online play). But in D2 you always restarted in town. In D3 you start at the last checkpoint.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
10. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 10:39 WarChilde

Verno wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 10:17:
I haven't put in any Demon Hunter time lately in the beta, does it play any better since the retooling? It was a really awkward skill/dual resource mix that just didn't flow well.

The current game build seems pretty good. Feels more natural to use the Hatred generators/spenders and then throw in Discipline spenders to gain tactical advantages (as much as that's really needed in the beta...)

My biggest concern at this point is with the Barb. What feels like the best Beta build doesn't use a single resource spender and my theorycrafting says I should be able to carry this through with multiple builds through normal mode.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Early?
98. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2004, 14:47 WarChilde

They do not buy HL2.

36. Re: HL1: Source Nov 12, 2004, 11:25 WarChilde

"As if. A CD drive costs about $20 and is standard equipment in *any* machine you buy. An internet connection is a $30 (and upwards) monthly service charge that usually has to be purchased seperately and could involve an equipment charge, a setup fee, and an in-home visit by a technician. They are in no way similar."

Or you can have a 56k modem and any of the numerous free dial up ISP's (Net Zero, Juno, etc.).

31. Re: The end of the world as we know it... Nov 12, 2004, 11:15 WarChilde

I see this as Valve saying they do not give a damn about no internet connected consumers. The ultimate plan for Valve is to totally redefine the gaming economy. This is the first step. From Content creators to Consumers, with no publishers and no retail outlets. Hopefully lowering the cost to the consumer ultimatley (not likely though).

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo