Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 494 (Amateur)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
20. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 18, 2013, 09:05 shinchan0s

jdreyer wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 19:43:
Corporations are supposed to pay an alternative minimum tax of 20% if their deductions take them lower than that. Not sure why this didn't apply here, but Facebook should have paid $200m. It's shit like this (and offshoring profits to places like Ireland) that's a big contributor to the debt.

First year corps are exempt from AMT and NOLs can bring AMT taxes down to zero.

Dunno what the big deal is. ESOP deduction has been in the IRC for years (yes, before Emperor Obama and his jackbooted thugs took over). Besides, there is no corporate equivalent of EIC - the refund is probably all from estimated tax payments.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
28. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 16, 2013, 01:28 shinchan0s

You're all nerds. I only use ONE tab 97% of the time when I'm at home.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Plans
28. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 16, 2013, 01:24 shinchan0s

Dades wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 22:02:

I was referring to Kaptain Krunch the rageaholic, no clue what you're talking about.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Quoting might help avoid confusion.

Anyway, just came in here to say that the new replay system proves Blizzard is out of touch. What kind of nerd is going to do this? Fix the User Map Settings and custom match system before moving onto gimmicky bullcrap. This is why your game is DYING, you retards.

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
29. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 18:00 shinchan0s

Verno wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 13:46:
I think Diablo 3 hits all the right notes on presentation but that's where it stops for me. Skills are very visceral and have impact, there is great feedback on taking and receiving damage, stuff like that. They have the benefit of an army of animators, modelers and programmers just to baby sit the visual experience and honestly it is really well done for the most part.

That's one of things Blizzard gets right in all their games. The games just feel and sound "right" even going back to Orcs and Humans. It's a really underrated aspect of quality games IMO. Floatiness is a huge turnoff.

News Comments > Jon Shafer's New Studio Announces At the Gates
17. Re: Jon Shafer's New Studio Announces At the Gates Feb 6, 2013, 21:15 shinchan0s

Good looking game and dev team.  

News Comments > War of the Roses: Kingmaker Edition; DLC; and Free Version All Planned
2. Re: War of the Roses: Kingmaker Edition; DLC; and Free Version All Planned Feb 1, 2013, 11:43 shinchan0s

WotR is just... bad. Compared to Chivalry anyway. It's more polished than Chivalry, but the combat looks so awkward. It's like M&B except that people take waaaaaay more hits before dying.

I thought I liked M&B's mechanics more than Chivalry, but Chivalry has really grown on me after spending more time learning combos and feinting. Chivalry is just DUMB FUN and I'd rather play it than M&B which is getting really old. Seriously, the game has me shouting "AGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAATTTTTHHHAAAAA" in real life.

News Comments > Wizardry Online Launches
11. Re: Wizardry Online Launches Jan 30, 2013, 23:19 shinchan0s

I thought it was shit the second I saw some anime chick in it. Didn't think I'd ever see a Wizardry game developed in Japan.  

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Microtransactions & Game Modes Detailed
8. Re: Dead Space 3 Microtransactions & Game Modes Detailed Jan 30, 2013, 20:02 shinchan0s

Console gamers are dumb as shit.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
7. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 28, 2013, 07:22 shinchan0s

Yeah, I thought that Samsung commercial was absolutely BRUTAL when it first came out, but I hardly think a lot of young people think the iPhone's uncool. I think they see Android phones and iPhones as on par with each other which actually sucks for Apple.

The iPad, on the otherhand, just crushes Android devices which still have a knockoff vibe to them.

News Comments > Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale
20. Re: Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale Jan 26, 2013, 02:16 shinchan0s

loomy wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 00:54:
don't be fooled into thinking this mod is worth money

Nice one, moron. Yeah, I remember the mod and it was hardly a HL2 reskin with swords. It was a total conversion. Also, it was literally the only Medieval combat FPS out there. I played it for a couple of weeks, but the population kind of hovered at around only 30 players...

Anyway, Chivalry is definitely worth the money. I thought it looked better than WoTR. I still prefer M&B Warband's mechanics though. Also, is it just me or do the characters move faster than they did in the HL2 mod?

News Comments > SMITE Open Beta Launches
7. Re: SMITE Open Beta Launches Jan 24, 2013, 18:02 shinchan0s

Kind of off-topic, but I have six Dota 2 beta key gifts in my Steam mailbox. I had no idea I've had these invites for the past 3 months (I didn't even know there was a Steam mailbox) and all my friends already are in it soooo... I'll give them to the first six who give me their Steam IDs. I figure I'd do it here before I give them away on reddit or whatever.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Rise of the Hutt Preorders; Trailer
7. Re: The Old Republic Rise of the Hutt Preorders; Trailer Jan 24, 2013, 07:11 shinchan0s

Nacelle wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 06:36:
There's one problem for you pervs. Hutts are asexual. Nice try though. Everyone else can get back to bashing the game now.

Okay.

I've had turds that looked, sounded, and played better than SWTOR. I'd rather play Diablo 3 for 10 hours straight than have 10 seconds with SWTOR. I'm not kidding. Maybe if SWTOR had more gay sex...

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic
19. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 12:40 shinchan0s

I'll be passing on HoTS too, but it's not because I'm not interested. SC2 has kind of grown on me the past couple of months and I've found myself chain-watching HoTS replays by Husky during the past few weeks (he's pretty entertaining). My main beef with SC2 in general is BNET. It's a ****ing mess. I don't care about ladder games and custom games are impossible to get going. I think HoTS gets a lot right through some of the tweaks they've done to the vanilla units, but the new units are HORRENDOUSLY designed both visually and gameplay-wise. They're trying so hard not to be like Brood War (widow mines vs spider mines; WTH kind of name is Hellbat!?).

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 11:10:
I'll just watch the important storyline parts on youtube for this one and the next.

That's what I'm doing. Why would I buy HoTS when the multiplayer sucks?

News Comments > Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III
39. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 20, 2013, 08:32 shinchan0s

Pretty sure having ladder play would help freshen up the game once in awhile (like it did for D2), but OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH that's impossible with the RMAH.

Better luck next time, Blizz.

News Comments > etc., etc.
14. Re: etc., etc. Jan 12, 2013, 07:48 shinchan0s

Axis wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 23:18:
If anyone bothered to read past the headline they'd realize Dennis Kneale (yes the article even got his name wrong) is a 25 year CNBC die-hard anti-capitolism Liberal douche who got a 'token' position on Fox.

Because when I want my daily dose of anti-capitalist ranting and liberal cheerleading I watch CNBC.

Are you sure you're not thinking of MSNBC? People watch CNBC for the Wall Street circlejerk (and stocks, I guess).

News Comments > Skyrim Interesting NPC Mod
21. Re: Skyrim Interesting NPC Mod Jan 8, 2013, 20:33 shinchan0s

Where's the anime? It's not a Skyrim mod without anime.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 30, 2012, 18:27 shinchan0s

Umbragen wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 16:05:
Since GRRM decided it was OK to kill off Jon Snow, I thought it was good idea to torrent his HBO crap. Fuck you Martin.

Oh hey, spoilers! Oh well, I guess I should have already read Dance of Dragons. It's been sitting on my bookcase for a year...

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Free Weekend and Sale
11. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Free Weekend and Sale Dec 14, 2012, 20:30 shinchan0s

PHJF wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 09:10:
Well I tried about 80 minutes last night. First map was one with trenches, my team was getting destroyed, and the "commander" spent the whole match yelling at the team for being so stupid and playing Call of Duty and god damn these free weekend noobs. Naturally I join the other team next map and do better, get some decent kills, capped a point or two.

Seriously, though... the Russians are grey. The Germans are slightly darker grey. I must have spent half my time in the game checking the map to see if that dude in front of me was an enemy or not. I STILL ended up with like five teamkills when all was said and done.

Game ran very well and played pretty smoothly, except the cover mechanic which is the worst done I've ever seen... and this is a game that slaps you in the face if you so much as think of not being in cover.

Yeah, I had the same problem when I started too. My teams were surprisingly forgiving until around the 5th or 6th straight TK...

Also, the new cover system blows. You're actually more likely to get killed if you use the cover mechanic because it makes you easier to spot and more predictable. Just take a few steps back from a window (instead of leaning against it) and you're good to go. It kind of sucks for MGs though.

At least there's less grenade spam.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Free Weekend and Sale
3. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Free Weekend and Sale Dec 13, 2012, 21:56 shinchan0s

RO1 was better.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Patch
21. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 24, 2012, 23:51 shinchan0s

I've never played any of the games, but it's weird that the Native American protagonist is fighting for the Americans.  

494 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo