Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 489 (Amateur)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage
11. Re: Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage Apr 24, 2013, 21:37 shinchan0s

Pretty much what I expected - Shogun II in togas. I'd hate to see the phalanx combat...

Good god, CA, what are doing with the bigger budget Sega gave you?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Another Bethesda Mini-Tease
27. Re: Another Bethesda Mini-Tease Apr 18, 2013, 17:57 shinchan0s

It's some Japanese zombie game. Nothing to see here.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Apr 18, 2013, 17:13 shinchan0s

Why did they even bother making separate pages for the Jedi and Sith?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2013, 18:48 shinchan0s

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 18:15:
DNForever wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 17:54:
Clicking on the comments I knew, absolutely knew, that some genius would say something along the lines of "X AMOUNT OF PPL DIE OF Y CAUSE EVERYDAY!". Thanks for the simplistic morality/math/whatever lesson you robot.

Can't you consider this from a thinking, feeling human perspective and not on a numbers/statistical level - please?

Because perspective is a good thing. Yes, what happened in Boston was tragic. However, there were plenty worse tragedies all over the world yesterday and almost every other day, there's no shortage of them. So yeah, perspective helps.

Pretty much. I know people don't like to hear it, but there are worse things that happen to innocent people on a regular basis. You got kids getting blown up, freezing to death, dying of malaria, starving, etc. all over the rest of the world and they don't even get mentioned in a tiny newsblurb. Billions live short, brutal lives and they die mostly due to apathy and neglect rather than through any kind of malice.

That's probably why my outrage over the bombing has been pretty tempered even though I live in the Greater Boston area. Reading stories about infants dying still hit me pretty hard though...

News Comments > Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans
2. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 2, 2013, 21:59 shinchan0s

They can improve co-op by making the game, you know, not suck.  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Announced
4. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Announced Mar 22, 2013, 22:08 shinchan0s

If I still played Magic, I'd probably stick to Magic. Then again, I'm pretty sure Blizz is targeting younger gamers. Hell, I remember when Pokemon overtook Magic at tournaments in the local comic book store. Dark times.

Also, the name Hearthstone sucks.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 18, 2013, 21:32 shinchan0s

XCOM's still on sale for $20 @ Gamersgate. Just got it a few days ago.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2013, 11:41 shinchan0s

Eurogamer UK and Gamespot (yeah, yeah) are the only major pubs I trust. Their SimCity reviews have further validated that trust.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 13, 2013, 11:50 shinchan0s

It's a site run by WoW fanboys. They give every big budget high profile game a 90.  

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Mar 12, 2013, 21:46 shinchan0s

SimCity is "hideously broken" by design? Ask any Sims player and they'll tell you that Maxis, at its current state, is really, really, REALLY bad at developing games. All they do is release broken shit. A game that's overpriced, disappointing, resource hungry, and which crashes all the time is pretty much the norm.  

News Comments > Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter
9. Re: Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter Mar 10, 2013, 20:41 shinchan0s

Yeah, seriously, what's wrong with just making a game like Homeworld? Plus an iOS remake? GTFOOMHB.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 "Gorgeous" Update This Week
17. Re: Natural Selection 2 Feb 26, 2013, 19:08 shinchan0s

How are the server populations? I loved the first NS, just couldn't get around to getting this one yet (got Chivalry instead).  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend
11. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend Feb 21, 2013, 19:47 shinchan0s

nin wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 17:17:

All I want is to play a game like Rogue Spear. Why can't I have that?

Wasn't that the Takedown KS? They found a publisher recently...

Holy carp - really? I could have sworn that it failed its kickstarter. Well, there's one game to keep a watch on... still, maybe I'm being greedy, but I also want one to be based on Rainbow Six...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Free Weekend Feb 21, 2013, 17:09 shinchan0s

All I want is to play a game like Rogue Spear. Why can't I have that? Why would I play more fake and overproduced shiat like CoD? Just another genre the console playing gammas killed.

I pray we get another videogame crash. The only way to restore gaming to its former glory is kill it with fire and rebuild from the ashes.

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
59. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 19, 2013, 08:40 shinchan0s

What happened to you Bungie? You used to be cool. Now you just fart out a new Halo game every couple of years.

Pretty sure Microsoft will get scared and force to change this Destiny game to Halo (how many has it been so far I lost track?)... 6.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
20. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 18, 2013, 09:05 shinchan0s

jdreyer wrote on Feb 17, 2013, 19:43:
Corporations are supposed to pay an alternative minimum tax of 20% if their deductions take them lower than that. Not sure why this didn't apply here, but Facebook should have paid $200m. It's shit like this (and offshoring profits to places like Ireland) that's a big contributor to the debt.

First year corps are exempt from AMT and NOLs can bring AMT taxes down to zero.

Dunno what the big deal is. ESOP deduction has been in the IRC for years (yes, before Emperor Obama and his jackbooted thugs took over). Besides, there is no corporate equivalent of EIC - the refund is probably all from estimated tax payments.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
28. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 16, 2013, 01:28 shinchan0s

You're all nerds. I only use ONE tab 97% of the time when I'm at home.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Plans
28. Re: StarCraft II Patch Plans Feb 16, 2013, 01:24 shinchan0s

Dades wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 22:02:

I was referring to Kaptain Krunch the rageaholic, no clue what you're talking about.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Quoting might help avoid confusion.

Anyway, just came in here to say that the new replay system proves Blizzard is out of touch. What kind of nerd is going to do this? Fix the User Map Settings and custom match system before moving onto gimmicky bullcrap. This is why your game is DYING, you retards.

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
29. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 18:00 shinchan0s

Verno wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 13:46:
I think Diablo 3 hits all the right notes on presentation but that's where it stops for me. Skills are very visceral and have impact, there is great feedback on taking and receiving damage, stuff like that. They have the benefit of an army of animators, modelers and programmers just to baby sit the visual experience and honestly it is really well done for the most part.

That's one of things Blizzard gets right in all their games. The games just feel and sound "right" even going back to Orcs and Humans. It's a really underrated aspect of quality games IMO. Floatiness is a huge turnoff.

News Comments > Jon Shafer's New Studio Announces At the Gates
17. Re: Jon Shafer's New Studio Announces At the Gates Feb 6, 2013, 21:15 shinchan0s

Good looking game and dev team.  

489 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo