Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 497 (Amateur)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2013, 11:51 shinchan0s

The new layout is still obviously a work in progress (lot of empty player pages and still using the old design for the stats page) and it's absolute (ABSOLUTE) garbage on a tablet or phone - which is funny because I think they did the redesign with tablets in mind.

That being said, I don't mind it too much (it takes me where I want to go with fewer clicks) apart from the black color and the dumb background image. I'll still probably keep Yahoo as my homepage...

Oh yeah, if anyone wants an alternative sports page you should try tsn.ca.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2013, 20:27 shinchan0s

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 13:57:
Interesting that Mass is rated 1. I live in Mass, unless they only polled the colleges here I'm not sure how the IQ average is highest in the nation as there are plenty of idiots in this state who continue voting the same failures into office over and over. Deval Patrick, Mumbles Menino etc.

You know, there's always New Hampshire.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Free and Paid DLC Plans
7. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Aug 24, 2013, 10:10 shinchan0s

I'm glad they're giving us the Seleucids (my fav faction) for free.

You know, I was pretty skeptical of Rome II after seeing the Teutoburg Forest trailer and the Battle of the Nile @ E3, but I've since come around after seeing CA (finally) do the ancient pike phalanx justice in the last rally point video. CA has finally shown me that they ACTUALLY CARE.

Sure they've made some very questionable design decisions, like the butt ugly UI, but it's now a game I'm looking forward to playing.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner
5. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Jul 13, 2013, 05:27 shinchan0s

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2013, 23:07:
Cool beans. These guys are doing everything right with this game aren't they?

Eeeeeehhhhhh. I wouldn't say everything (I mean, those unit cards are hideous), but it should definitely satisfy any casual Total War fan.

I just wish they would release more gameplay vids. The Teutoburg and Nile demos were pretty lame.

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
17. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 10:57 shinchan0s

Mr. Tact wrote on May 29, 2013, 10:27:
Yeah, not what I would call a good move. Blizzard will be making money for a long time to come even if the connoisseurs of gaming here at Blues have long turned up their noses at their products.

Meh. We'll see. Blizzard hasn't made a new IP in, like, 15 years and Titan is gearing up to be a disaster. That golden goose is going to stop laying eggs eventually. Investors want growth, but the Blizzard brand peaked 5 years ago. I'd sell it too unless Blizzard can show that it can create a new IP that inspires the same kind of sales and devotion that Warcraft/Diablo/Starcraft already give.

News Comments > Funcom Financials
2. Re: Funcom Financials May 28, 2013, 20:11 shinchan0s

Well, it's definitely not good. It's another operating loss and "significant cost savings" is pretty much the euphemism for massive layoffs.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness May 2, 2013, 10:54 shinchan0s

InBlack wrote on May 2, 2013, 10:00:
Heroes IV remains the best one they ever made IMO, Heroes V was just weird and never even realized that they released a Heroes VI...

Wow, there's somebody else in the world with a positive opinion of HoMMIV. I thought I'd never see the day. I still like III the best, but I thought IV had the best campaign stories (especially Order) and music. I also liked V. It was basically III with better graphics and a dash of Warhammer Fantasy.

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage
14. Re: Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage Apr 25, 2013, 02:19 shinchan0s

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 00:17:
shinchan0s wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 21:37:
Pretty much what I expected - Shogun II in togas. I'd hate to see the phalanx combat...

Good god, CA, what are doing with the bigger budget Sega gave you?

Are you joking? You must be because clearly you either A. have no experience in TW games or B. didnt watch the video

Are you? I own every TW game except for Mongol Invasion. The video is a disappointment because it's not a huge leap from Shogun 2 - not even graphically. It's Shogun 2 right down to the stylized unit cards. I shouldn't have expected much from CA anyway, but I guess the Carthage siege got me excited and overly optimistic.

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage
11. Re: Total War: Rome II Gameplay Footage Apr 24, 2013, 21:37 shinchan0s

Pretty much what I expected - Shogun II in togas. I'd hate to see the phalanx combat...

Good god, CA, what are doing with the bigger budget Sega gave you?

News Comments > Another Bethesda Mini-Tease
27. Re: Another Bethesda Mini-Tease Apr 18, 2013, 17:57 shinchan0s

It's some Japanese zombie game. Nothing to see here.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Apr 18, 2013, 17:13 shinchan0s

Why did they even bother making separate pages for the Jedi and Sith?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2013, 18:48 shinchan0s

Cutter wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 18:15:
DNForever wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 17:54:
Clicking on the comments I knew, absolutely knew, that some genius would say something along the lines of "X AMOUNT OF PPL DIE OF Y CAUSE EVERYDAY!". Thanks for the simplistic morality/math/whatever lesson you robot.

Can't you consider this from a thinking, feeling human perspective and not on a numbers/statistical level - please?

Because perspective is a good thing. Yes, what happened in Boston was tragic. However, there were plenty worse tragedies all over the world yesterday and almost every other day, there's no shortage of them. So yeah, perspective helps.

Pretty much. I know people don't like to hear it, but there are worse things that happen to innocent people on a regular basis. You got kids getting blown up, freezing to death, dying of malaria, starving, etc. all over the rest of the world and they don't even get mentioned in a tiny newsblurb. Billions live short, brutal lives and they die mostly due to apathy and neglect rather than through any kind of malice.

That's probably why my outrage over the bombing has been pretty tempered even though I live in the Greater Boston area. Reading stories about infants dying still hit me pretty hard though...

News Comments > Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans
2. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 2, 2013, 21:59 shinchan0s

They can improve co-op by making the game, you know, not suck.  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Announced
4. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Announced Mar 22, 2013, 22:08 shinchan0s

If I still played Magic, I'd probably stick to Magic. Then again, I'm pretty sure Blizz is targeting younger gamers. Hell, I remember when Pokemon overtook Magic at tournaments in the local comic book store. Dark times.

Also, the name Hearthstone sucks.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 18, 2013, 21:32 shinchan0s

XCOM's still on sale for $20 @ Gamersgate. Just got it a few days ago.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2013, 11:41 shinchan0s

Eurogamer UK and Gamespot (yeah, yeah) are the only major pubs I trust. Their SimCity reviews have further validated that trust.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 13, 2013, 11:50 shinchan0s

It's a site run by WoW fanboys. They give every big budget high profile game a 90.  

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Mar 12, 2013, 21:46 shinchan0s

SimCity is "hideously broken" by design? Ask any Sims player and they'll tell you that Maxis, at its current state, is really, really, REALLY bad at developing games. All they do is release broken shit. A game that's overpriced, disappointing, resource hungry, and which crashes all the time is pretty much the norm.  

News Comments > Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter
9. Re: Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter Mar 10, 2013, 20:41 shinchan0s

Yeah, seriously, what's wrong with just making a game like Homeworld? Plus an iOS remake? GTFOOMHB.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 "Gorgeous" Update This Week
17. Re: Natural Selection 2 Feb 26, 2013, 19:08 shinchan0s

How are the server populations? I loved the first NS, just couldn't get around to getting this one yet (got Chivalry instead).  

497 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo