Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 494 (Amateur)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
17. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 9, 2014, 10:49 shinchan0s

Fantaz wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 14:20:
i want to see Devolver Digital make a new Blood game.

but what about Shogo??? we need a new Shogo: Mobile Armor Division game too.

Interest in Mecha I guess peaked and then faded after 2000. Still, I'm stunned there aren't any more decent titles like Shogo or Heavy Gear floating around.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
27. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 22:57 shinchan0s

Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 21:05:

That's completely false. The vast majority 'live' off-base among the communities they serve. Bases have minor amenities; you get necessities and some recreation. The vast majority live their lives off base unless they are in a war zone.

I don't know a single right-leaning veteran who comes out of the military as a leftist, and I know hundreds - that's complete crap. The opposite of your statement tends to happen. The military is everything most leftists tend to avoid like the plague. And yes, it's authoritative as expected when you sign the dotted line for however many years you want -- and the best life experience you can get paid to do if you can handle it.

Sepharo is half right.

I don't know what bases you've stayed in, but as a former Air Force brat I know Osan Air Base (in South Korea) has more than just the "basic necessities". I mean, hell, they even had a school and hospital. Pretty nice Tennis courts too. The base in Osan was just like the one my Dad worked in at Fort Devens, MA down to the AAFES convenience store. A guy could live pretty comfortably just within the base.

I also think you're over-estimating the extent military people "immerse" themselves in country they're based in. Most guys in Osan only went as far as downtown to buy bootlegs and meet women. I knew a few guys who actually lived in Korean apartments, but the extent of the Korean they knew was hello and goodbye. You might get a few more thoughtful guys out there who learn some of the history and culture, but the vast majority had as much knowledge as a tourist on a week-long trip. They do bring back a lot of cool souvenirs though.

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Jan 31, 2014, 14:12 shinchan0s

Yeah, I can always get past the bugs, but I stopped playing/caring about Rome 2 due to all the cut features. It gets boring real fast. The game was a cash-grab, pure and simple. It's probably going to be the last TW I'm going to buy.

Eagerly waiting on Europa Barbarorum II...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 13:46 shinchan0s

Never heard of Insurgency, but now I'm intrigued. RO2 was such a disappointment...  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2014, 19:09 shinchan0s

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 17:11:
Let me see if I get this right. Both sides agreed to it, both said it was necessary at the time. American people mostly agreed to it on a limited basis. New government comes to power, expands it, but it's all the previous administrations fault for the current one using it, abusing it, and expanding it. So, the one half of the isle says enough...and left-leaners are up in arms over it...saying it's all their fault.

I miss anything?

Yeah, the fact that the left and Democrats have been far more vocal on this issue for a much longer time before House Republicans suddenly thought privacy rights were cool because, you know, Obama.

The Patriot Act and FISA only got extended, not expanded, under Obama - with the Republicans' blessing from the House and Senate (Democrats made the majority of no votes in both houses).

I'll admit, Rand Paul has been pretty consisently against it, but let's not lump the entire left with Obama on this issue. The House vote was just another political sideshow. That's what the House does. Let's wait until they do something substantive before we start calling them heroes, k?

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer Nov 30, 2013, 13:10 shinchan0s

The game looks like dog shit. No wait, I think it actually looks worse.

If anyone is looking for a decent turn-based Space Marine game go download Chaos Gate.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 24, 2013, 02:03 shinchan0s

97 is my favorite KoF, but I ain't playing it on a touch screen.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M
3. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M Nov 23, 2013, 12:45 shinchan0s

I think hiring more people to get the game out sooner would be a good stretch goal.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: Mysterious Cities of Gold Nov 21, 2013, 20:18 shinchan0s

WTF. There's a game based off that cartoon? What's next, a band named after Belle and Sebastian?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 20, 2013, 02:33 shinchan0s

Yeah, the thing about Obama is indefensibile if true.

Anyway, Obama is hardly a marxist, he's a bog standard Clintonian neo-liberal policy wonk. We're all a little disappointed he didn't become the next FDR.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay Footage
26. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay Footage Nov 14, 2013, 20:12 shinchan0s

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 10:06:

It seems like it will be Skyrim with a group, pause tactics if you want them and a better combat model, because face it Skyrim's is pretty basic in how combat moves etc play out. I'll also assume better animations as well, because face that, that isn't a Bethesda strong suit. So imo it seems like it maybe able to contend in that realm, less the loss of Mods, which is a huge difference, but stock this game could be better. Bioware does do cinematics better than Bethesda to, so you can see, there are ways to improve the might open-world RPG.

I've always wondered why a super rich gaming company like Bethesda has been unable (or unwilling?) to hire some decent animators.

I agree that Bioware does a better job in the art department, but the whole anime style started by DA2 isn't really doing it for me. My god, can't we just go back to days when fantasy's "style" looked like Ultima? That would be a change.

News Comments > The Banner Saga in January
3. Re: The Banner Saga in January Nov 9, 2013, 18:30 shinchan0s

Speaking of tactical RPG's, I'm hankering for some Vandal Hearts right now.  

News Comments > Into the Black
15. Re: Into the Black Nov 8, 2013, 17:07 shinchan0s

Verno wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 09:17:
Haha whatever, that looked perfect for a modern Robocop and Robocop is a schlocky B movie if you go back and watch it today.

Which, Verno, is why the original was so good. InBlack's description was spot on - I'd compare the movie to Starship Troopers. It's a satirical social commentary with the surface of an overblown action film. That's what makes the original Robocop such a classic.

Judging by the trailer, the reboot looks like an another action film painted by the numbers... with a cyborg ninja.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 8, 2013, 00:28 shinchan0s

That movie ain't Robocop. Robocop's supposed to be, you know, a robot and not some cyborg ninja.  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch
5. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch Oct 6, 2013, 14:19 shinchan0s

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 07:55:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 20:22:
Is this ready to play yet?
The game was ready to play at release. Some people weren't happy with how it was at release though.

Oh please. A game isn't a steak. You can't have it cooked only to a certain degree and be ready to consume.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Ends in December
10. Re: Warhammer Online Ends in December Sep 18, 2013, 23:39 shinchan0s

I didn't like how WHO handled the High Elves - they made them out to be tree-hugging pussies (who are just there to get slaughtered by Dark Elves) even though, lore-wise, they're total badasses. Also, the armor sets looked horrible (for White Lions anyway).

That being said, I enjoyed the game for 3 months I played it. I just think they worked too hard trying to please everybody. They should of just focused on RvR.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
79. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 18, 2013, 14:00 shinchan0s

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 23:24:
lol Funny, a lot of the stuff you guys are still complaining about is already scheduled to be added. For example, they are bringing back stat points. I should have known better to come to Bluesnews and expect people to actual give any credit to a developer. Wow, I would hate to be some of you people; you must have a horrible outlook on life.

How does it feel having Blizzard's dick up your ass?

Anyway, removing the AH won't materially change anything because D3 is still fundamentally a bad game. Bring back randomized maps, skill trees, differentiated weapons (you know, rather than just DPS placeholders), and some decent writers and then I'll consider maybe looking at buying the game when it's on sale.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2013, 11:51 shinchan0s

The new layout is still obviously a work in progress (lot of empty player pages and still using the old design for the stats page) and it's absolute (ABSOLUTE) garbage on a tablet or phone - which is funny because I think they did the redesign with tablets in mind.

That being said, I don't mind it too much (it takes me where I want to go with fewer clicks) apart from the black color and the dumb background image. I'll still probably keep Yahoo as my homepage...

Oh yeah, if anyone wants an alternative sports page you should try tsn.ca.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2013, 20:27 shinchan0s

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 13:57:
Interesting that Mass is rated 1. I live in Mass, unless they only polled the colleges here I'm not sure how the IQ average is highest in the nation as there are plenty of idiots in this state who continue voting the same failures into office over and over. Deval Patrick, Mumbles Menino etc.

You know, there's always New Hampshire.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Free and Paid DLC Plans
7. Re: Total War: ROME II Campaign Map Planner Aug 24, 2013, 10:10 shinchan0s

I'm glad they're giving us the Seleucids (my fav faction) for free.

You know, I was pretty skeptical of Rome II after seeing the Teutoburg Forest trailer and the Battle of the Nile @ E3, but I've since come around after seeing CA (finally) do the ancient pike phalanx justice in the last rally point video. CA has finally shown me that they ACTUALLY CARE.

Sure they've made some very questionable design decisions, like the butt ugly UI, but it's now a game I'm looking forward to playing.

494 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo