Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 494 (Amateur)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2008, 16:43 shinchan0s

The author has a huge hard-on for Oblivion.

Take that for what you will.

(His taste in games is shit.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Updated
8. Re: No subject Mar 21, 2008, 19:33 shinchan0s

Updated CTF mode to remember the player who stole the intelligence from the enemy base and reward that player if the flag is captured by someone else.

THANK YOU!!!!! This used to bother me extremely.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Demo
24. Re: Combat Mar 21, 2008, 19:22 shinchan0s

Yeah, that's my main beef with the game. I mean Homeworld came out like freaking 10 years ago! It's a big deal considering combat (the game overall isn't very deep) is the only thing going for SoaSE.

News Comments > Sims 3 Details
14. Re: Please die? Nah, Sims is great! Mar 19, 2008, 22:04 shinchan0s

The vast majority is made up of women? The fanbase for the Sims is closer to a 50/50 split between genders. You'd be surprised at the number of guys (and what they look like) who play the Sims "legitimately". Heck, I used to play the original Sims a fuckton. I'll admit though, if a girl's going to own one PC game there's a 99.9% chance it will be a Sims game.

The Sims is good and bad for PC gaming. Good because it forces casual people to upgrade their PCs up to par and stores have to provide SOME space for PC games. Bad because well it's the Sims and EA, I guess.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Details, Trailer
2. Re: yay Mar 19, 2008, 21:52 shinchan0s

Haven't you been to the official forums recently?

Blizz has totally neglected the hardcore raider community. It was a slap in the face to WoW's most dedicated players by reducing raid sizes to 25 and 10. The 40 man raids were the greatest. I raid for fun! Blizz also narrowed the gear disparity between arena gear (more like welfare epix amirite?) and raid gear. Unconscionable. What's the point of raiding now if a raider can no longer kill 5 casuals in 2 seconds? I worked hard for that gear! This game isn't about fun for the majority - it's about entitlement for the minority at the expense of the rest! I obviously know more than professional game designers; this is not at all about my own self-interest but what's truly best for the game community. What Blizzard has done now... how is that fair!? Waaaaaah! Somebody change my diaper! I f***ing stink!

PS: Sarcasm. Raiders and Druids are the scum of the earth. The forums are more entertaining than the game itself. blahblahblahblhablah

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Seven Kingdoms: Conquest
2. Re: whats this RTS stuff?!? Mar 12, 2008, 14:12 shinchan0s

They're "Demons" now? They used to be called "Fryhtans".

I'll always remember this series of games as the little AoE clone that couldn't. They used to tout some guy named Elliot Chen or something ala Sid Meier on the box. Of course, I still have no idea who this guy is...

To be fair though, I thought the second game was pretty fun.

News Comments > On Counter-Strike 2 (Or Lack Thereof)
42. Re: No subject Mar 3, 2008, 15:11 shinchan0s

Yes it's your opinion, and you chose to reiterate your points to me a second time even though I told you I wasn't going to debate what game requires more skill. That's why you need to get a life.

You're fun to talk to, Dagok.

37. Re: No subject Mar 3, 2008, 07:33 shinchan0s

And you are still arguing about what game requires more skill...seriously, get a life.

It's about as dumb as arguing which sport requires more skill.

It's my opinion... on a gaming discussion website. Oh, the horror.

Seriously, Dagok. What is your fucking problem? Go bite a dick.

29. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2008, 13:47 shinchan0s

Both games have different skillsets that cross over. To say that one requires more skill than the other is just stupid.

God forbid I offend any CS players out there. Let's keep everything PC everyone!

I really can't think of anything that someone learns mostly from CS that can be used for a game like Q3. The learning curve for Q3 is higher.

Using your sports analogy - a lot of NBA players talk about catching up to the "speed" of the NBA game after playing college. It's the same way with Rocket Arena or CTF, I think. The battles are more 3-dimensional (w/ rocket jumping, jump pads and how the maps are constructed) and faster w/ bunny-hopping. Yeah, you have to know the map and predict actions blah blah blah but in Q3 all that happens faster.

You can't tell me that CS is a more "cerebral" game than Q3...

20. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2008, 03:32 shinchan0s

Everyone who sucked at Quake 3 flocked over to CS and that's why it became so hugely popular. It was 10x harder to get a kill in Q3 then it was in CS. The majority of kills in a game from CS come from spray-n-pray and camping a corner with the AWP. Seriously, try that in a game of vanilla Quake or Rocket Arena. There's a level playing field a game of Rocket Arena - the only variable is skill. In CS a guy with AWP sitting at a choke can easily net a dozen kills because the odds are stacked up in their favor.

I don't think I've ever had my adrenaline pumping during a game of CS... Action Quake2 on the otherhand...

I'll admit, I eternally hate CS now. If it never existed AQ2 would've lasted for another good 2-3 years.

News Comments > StarCraft II Footage
10. Re: No subject Feb 27, 2008, 06:27 shinchan0s

God, I want to play SC2 so hard.

When it comes out the rest of you guys will be the first in line. I know it.

News Comments > Blizzard on Gold Sales & Power Leveling
20. Re: WoW is a sewer Feb 22, 2008, 15:49 shinchan0s

The economy is overrated in WoW, anyways. Seriously, who cares about inflation? You can't buy anything worthwhile in the auction house. Crafted items are pure shit so why grind gold/mats for them? You can get the best items from PvP or an instance drop. I cannot understand why people grind mobs in this game... gold buyers are soloers who just wised-up IMO.

News Comments > Molyneux: PC Gaming "Huge Tragedy"
18. Re: bah Feb 20, 2008, 15:11 shinchan0s

lol black & white
lol fable
lol black & white 2
lol fable 2

Well I guess The Movies was alright, actually. It could've been huge if Pete had actually supported it with extra content! Back then I would've paid extra for loads of new costumes (for the Renaissance or Victorian eras for example) and new sets. It would've been a masterstroke had Lionhead scrapped the entire simulation part out of the final product (coughSimsclonecough) and focused on a greater variety of animations.

News Comments > Red Alert 3 Revealed
23. Re: Hungary Feb 14, 2008, 07:55 shinchan0s

Wooooooooooooooaaaaah.

What's with all the love for RA2? I thought the consensus in BN was that RA2 sucked balls?

PS: For the record, I loved RA2 and Yuri's Revenge. I'm excited for RA3.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. No subject Feb 12, 2008, 20:18 shinchan0s

It's art by the most basic and broadest terms.

But it isn't high art. You won't see a videogame in a gallery (god forbid) anytime soon.

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
2. Re: 13th Century Death or Glory... Feb 11, 2008, 07:01 shinchan0s

It SURE does. I naturally thought that they might've leased the R:TW engine but gathering from the previews I've read it was all in-house. Apparently, it's TW w/o the strategic map. To that I say, "Why bother?" I'll stick with a modded Medieval warts and all.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Patch
25. Re: soo Feb 9, 2008, 18:41 shinchan0s

A lack of a campaign might hurt Sins in the long run. I think the majority of PC gamers, guys who play casually, like to feel attached a games races, characters and mainly buy games to "beat" games. Having a good story is an underrated aspect of RTS games IMO. Right now Sins is looking like a Kohan redux. Revolutionary gameplay with a weakass background story tacked on.

News Comments > New Galactic Civilizations II: Twilight of the Arnor Beta
7. Re: GCII... Feb 2, 2008, 16:04 shinchan0s

Sins of a Solar Empire looks so fucking sweet!

It has one thing sorely missing from the GalCiv series...

CARRIERS!!!!!!!!!!! Gobs and gobs of 'em with swarms of fighters.

Seriously. A great RTS 4X game would be like the Holy Grail of PC gaming. If this game had the Babylon 5 license I'd probably just die. Haha.

God. I need my sci-fi fix.

edit: fucking tags.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 16:05.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm Demo
2. Re: No subject Jan 13, 2008, 16:24 shinchan0s

Yeesh. Make the sequel already. Dark Eldar AND Sisters of Battle? ROFL.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Video
63. No subject Dec 19, 2007, 15:07 shinchan0s

Wait, where was the gameplay footage? All I saw were in-game cinematics.

If you're going to start hyping a game with DNF's history make sure you have some of the game actually made in advance. Duuuuur-huur.

494 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo