Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 491 (Amateur)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Disciples III: Renaissance Demo
3. Re: Disciples III: Renaissance Demo Jul 8, 2010, 14:37 shinchan0s

GODDAMN. 4 GIGS... and it's NOT Crysis 2? I love the Disciples series, but I'll pass. I mean COME ON.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age II Character Changes
1. Re: Dragon Age 2 Character Changes Jul 8, 2010, 14:33 shinchan0s

Eh, the whole "origins" aspect of the original barely made much of a difference. Probably because they did such a half-assed job of it. The change is weird (I mean, does it really matter?) but I don't mind it at all. I hope they end up making a drastically superior sequel like Mass Effect 2.  

News Comments > THQ: Warhammer 40K MMOG "Going to be a Masterpiece"
10. Re: THQ: Warhammer 40K MMOG "Going to be a Masterpiece" Jul 2, 2010, 14:34 shinchan0s

Yeah, it'll suck. It's looking more like a "cash cow" instead of being a faithful adaptation of the 40K universe. The trailer didn't impress me much. The graphics looked very amateurish. I think I'll probably pass on this one.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2010, 11:07 shinchan0s

I like plain Earl Grey w/ angel cake.  

News Comments > StarCraft Fixers Banned
1. Re: StarCraft Fixers Banned Jun 9, 2010, 11:27 shinchan0s

Just from Starcraft? Whoop-dee-doo. The sequel's coming out in a month. I seriously doubt any "pro-league" will want them now though.  

News Comments > Why Didn't You Buy GSB?
33. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 5, 2010, 19:50 shinchan0s

It wasn't the right type of game. I'd rather have the battles be part of a larger, grander strategy game with different races and some semblance of a story. That's why I have the motivation to spend hours designing ships in GalCiv 2 and actually watch that game's ultra-cheesy fleet battles. If this were a game like Homeworld (or even that Star Trek RTS some years back) I'd probably be all over it too. The game wasn't enticing enough; it lacks a narrative + there is no interaction with the ships once the battle starts.  

News Comments > Shogun 2 Revealed
2. Re: Shogun 2 Revealed Jun 2, 2010, 22:52 shinchan0s

CA will find a way to f*** it up. Unbelievably, they did it with Napoleon (how can you f*** up Napoleon) so I'm fairly confident they'll screw up again. I'm hoping against it - still, you have to admit that the franchise has really gone down hill.

BTW, I would have preferred an Ancient Chinese setting (+ Korean peninsula), but I guess Samurais win with their mainstream appeal. I'm guessing they won't go back to relatively obscure (but cool) warfare like Frederick the Great's =/

News Comments > Legal Briefs
5. Re: Legal Briefs May 31, 2010, 21:19 shinchan0s

Can't say I'm surprised that a tech website has its share of anti-government crusaders...

First, TARP or "the bailout" will end up costing the taxpayers very little. Less than the Savings & Loan Crisis in the 80's. The program has turned out to be very cost-effective. For once, Congress did the right thing and reacted fairly quickly (see the EU's fucked up handling of the Greek crisis). I don't know what you guys are complaining about. You want a bailout too? Blame reckless spending on the military, Social Security, and Medicare (see Bush's prescription benefit giveaway to Seniors) instead.

Second, the IRS has every right to collect on taxes due on all your income. It's the law. Look up the 16th amendment. It's pretty clear. I have yet to find a decent argument advocating why online transaction should be tax-exempt. It's income, after all.

Also, you should direct your anger at Congress, not the IRS, for tax increases. The IRS is only an enforcement agency and to help taxpayers understand the tax laws. In fact, a bigger IRS would be better for all of us. They could then recoup more tax revenue from tax evaders.

The people at the top aren't paying their fair share. There are a number of ways of increasing tax revenue without raising income tax rates. For example, Congress could get rid of the ceiling on the FICA tax, keep the estate tax, or have capital gains taxed at the income rate. But Americans froth at the mouth at any "tax increase" even if it doesn't materially affect them anyway.

News Comments > Behind the Scenes at Blizzard
10. Re: Behind the Scenes at Blizzard Apr 28, 2010, 11:51 shinchan0s

As much as Blizzard sucks, I'll admit that those pics were pretty cool.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing
53. Re: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing Apr 8, 2010, 17:50 shinchan0s

Diablo II was worth the $60.

Starcraft II? Not so much. Honestly, the game looks like shit. Five years too late, Blizz.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Kasumi DLC Priced
6. Re: Mass Effect 2 Kasumi DLC Priced Mar 22, 2010, 16:03 shinchan0s

Is she a romance option?

This is important.

News Comments > Diablo II Patch & Ladder Reset Next week
2. Re: Diablo II Patch & Ladder Reset Next week Mar 16, 2010, 23:30 shinchan0s

Wow. So it's been almost a year since Blizz was supposed to release the new patch and do a ladder reset. Good job, you hacks.  

News Comments > Napoleon: Total War Demo
3. Re: Napoleon: Total War Demo Mar 10, 2010, 15:15 shinchan0s

The game is fairly bug free from my experience...

That being said - the vanilla gameplay is shit (units and ships move too fast, musketry's too deadly, generals die to spies not in battle during the long campaigns, etc.) so mod, mod, MOD the game for a decent experience. There's been some pretty good combat mods so far.

News Comments > Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced
5. Re: Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles Announced Feb 15, 2010, 11:08 shinchan0s

Will it be like Total Annihilation Kingdoms? If so, pass.  

News Comments > Diablo III Female Monk Reveal
13. Re: Diablo III Female Monk Reveal Feb 9, 2010, 19:01 shinchan0s

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Feb 9, 2010, 10:57:
2013/14.

cba

Not even. Summer of 2015. I'm calling it right now.

News Comments > Napoleon: Total War Next Month
18. Re: Napoleon: Total War Next Month Jan 15, 2010, 08:14 shinchan0s

The Advocate wrote on Jan 14, 2010, 23:20:
shinchan0s wrote on Jan 14, 2010, 19:31:
Yeah, like the whole Napoleon thing was small localized incident and a minor footnote in history. Get over yourself.

The Napoleonic era was far less meaningful and had a lesser impact on the history of the world than the rise and fall of Rome and the Medieval period. Napoleon didn't invent empire building, nor did he invent broad scope warfare in Europe. In point of fact, it was his "tactics" that made wars genocidal stalemates for nearly 200 years! It wasn't until the Revolutionary War that the Colonials began to break away from that idiotic mindset in some instances.

You should get over your ignorance of history before you start spouting off to others about getting over themselves.

Look at this guy. You really do want Medieval 3? Where exactly did I display my "ignorance of history"? Because I thought Empire was a great game and by making a true statement: that Napoleon is a famous and important historical figure? You even go on to prove my earlier point by bringing up his influence on the next 200 years of warfare! Guess what, genius, the Total War games are about WAR not about an Empire's impact on European history. Like I said - GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY.

News Comments > Napoleon: Total War Next Month
10. Re: Napoleon: Total War Next Month Jan 14, 2010, 19:31 shinchan0s

The Advocate wrote on Jan 14, 2010, 17:36:
nutshell42 wrote on Jan 14, 2010, 16:20:
WTF have you all been playing?

Apparently not the same special, magical build of the game that you are. E:TW is by far the worst TW game of all time. If this is the direction they're headed, I can't wait for the riveting chapter that will come out after Napoleon; Spanish-American : Total War.

Or, how about; Boxer Rebellion: Irritating Insurrection?

No, wait, I've got it!

Falklands: A Polite Disagreement

Yeah, like the whole Napoleon thing was small localized incident and a minor footnote in history. Get over yourself. What do you want the next game to be? Medieval 3? Empire was great despite its botched release.

News Comments > Why Shooters Need Dedicated Servers
20. Re: Why Shooters Need Dedicated Servers Jan 5, 2010, 17:22 shinchan0s

The only shooter I've played on the PC that didn't have dedicated servers was Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear. The lag was unbearable. It's too bad since it was 1000x times the game CoD:MW2 is.  

News Comments > EA Server Shutdown Plans
7. Re: EA Server Shutdown Plans Jan 3, 2010, 17:08 shinchan0s

This has happened before. The fanbase knew exactly what they were getting into - they always buy the new version anyway. Doesn't make EA's business model any less slimy though. Some of those games are barely a year old!  

News Comments > Diablo II Beta Patch
2. Re: Diablo II Beta Patch Dec 10, 2009, 21:59 shinchan0s

About fucking time, Blizzard. It took you guys over 6 months to finish "releasing" this patch!  

491 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo