Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 489 (Amateur)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar Released
6. Re: Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar Released May 18, 2014, 10:01 shinchan0s

dj LiTh wrote on May 18, 2014, 02:02:
shinchan0s wrote on May 17, 2014, 16:39:
Cutter wrote on May 16, 2014, 21:41:
Just finished re-watching the Rome series. Two bad it was only two seasons. Verenus and Pullo were great.

I still don't understand how that series got cancelled and, like 2 years later Game of Thrones is a hit. They're practically the same show!

Or 5 years... with one being pure fantasy and the other historical with a few exceptions, but ya... sure...

Sex and swords. Even has some of the same actors. To me, they're the same show.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar Released May 17, 2014, 16:39 shinchan0s

Cutter wrote on May 16, 2014, 21:41:
Just finished re-watching the Rome series. Two bad it was only two seasons. Verenus and Pullo were great.

I still don't understand how that series got cancelled and, like 2 years later Game of Thrones is a hit. They're practically the same show!

2. Re: Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar Released May 16, 2014, 21:22 shinchan0s

Phillip II was a pain in the ass to play since you had to micromanage everything on this big-ass map. Not exactly hitting their target audience which I'm pretty sure skews on the older side.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Balance Change Plans
9. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans May 8, 2014, 14:33 shinchan0s

The sky is blue, water is wet, and Hunters are IMBA. What else is new?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 18:34 shinchan0s

Verno wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 11:20:
Google to end forced G+ integration, drastically cut division resources

Thank fucking heavens. I am so sick of going to Youtube, being asked to create a G+ profile or have it ask me which user I want to be when I only have one friggin account there. It's a shame because I find some aspects of G+ to be worthwhile but a stupid name and their poor handling ruined it.

Seriously, it aggravates me to no end that I have to log off my gmail account first before I can login to my pre-G+ Youtube account. Couldn't find a way to link them.

News Comments > Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion
8. Re: Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion Apr 23, 2014, 17:47 shinchan0s

Much preferred the original RO.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
18. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 20, 2014, 14:42 shinchan0s

Soooo... Baldur's Gate, huh?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Apr 15, 2014, 16:33 shinchan0s

Axis wrote on Apr 15, 2014, 13:04:
Shocked that PC gamer got the review pretty much right...

Yeah, I was going in expecting a 85+ score. WTF.

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed?
23. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed? Apr 13, 2014, 04:46 shinchan0s

It's gonna be really hard to top Alpha Centauri, but I look forward to hearing more about this one.

(I hope they at least bring back the voice acting and the guy who wrote the tech quotes)

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
129. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 12, 2014, 15:56 shinchan0s

I thought it looked nice, but for the amount Star Citizen backers are plunking down for this game you could have gotten the Elite Dangerous alpha with an Oculus Rift dev kit.

Anyway, has there ever been a rockstar developer from the 90s who hasn't crashed and burned in the last 10 years? Peter Molyneaux to a certain extent maybe...

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
26. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 5, 2014, 12:40 shinchan0s

I bought RoS for the Crusader (cuz Pally is my fav). The game is boring and the story is embarrassing. Partway through Act 2, after the sewers and rescuing you know who, I have absolutely no desire to play any further. Ugggghhhh.

Maybe I'll give PoE another try.

News Comments > Amazon Hires Hocking & Swift
2. Re: Amazon Hires Hocking & Swift Apr 3, 2014, 01:12 shinchan0s

I wonder if Amazon will ever pay a dividend.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Trailer
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2014, 23:04 shinchan0s

Must have missed the blurb below the video in the 30 seconds I watched the video. So sue me.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Trailer
1. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Trailer Mar 24, 2014, 20:32 shinchan0s

That's not GalCiv II?  

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
35. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 22, 2014, 12:46 shinchan0s

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 14:27:
When a majority of people here get excited about a game I get excited. I've been ignoring D3 until recently with the new patch and expansion, starting to think I should take a look.

I've been one of the resident D3 haters here and I took the plunge for $20 because they got rid of the AH. It's not as addictive (or as good) as the first two games, but it's not bad. It's still a lot better than the alternatives. I'll probably buy RoS just for the Crusader too...

Yes, I am Blizzard's bitch.

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
17. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 9, 2014, 10:49 shinchan0s

Fantaz wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 14:20:
i want to see Devolver Digital make a new Blood game.

but what about Shogo??? we need a new Shogo: Mobile Armor Division game too.

Interest in Mecha I guess peaked and then faded after 2000. Still, I'm stunned there aren't any more decent titles like Shogo or Heavy Gear floating around.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
27. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2014, 22:57 shinchan0s

Axis wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 21:05:

That's completely false. The vast majority 'live' off-base among the communities they serve. Bases have minor amenities; you get necessities and some recreation. The vast majority live their lives off base unless they are in a war zone.

I don't know a single right-leaning veteran who comes out of the military as a leftist, and I know hundreds - that's complete crap. The opposite of your statement tends to happen. The military is everything most leftists tend to avoid like the plague. And yes, it's authoritative as expected when you sign the dotted line for however many years you want -- and the best life experience you can get paid to do if you can handle it.

Sepharo is half right.

I don't know what bases you've stayed in, but as a former Air Force brat I know Osan Air Base (in South Korea) has more than just the "basic necessities". I mean, hell, they even had a school and hospital. Pretty nice Tennis courts too. The base in Osan was just like the one my Dad worked in at Fort Devens, MA down to the AAFES convenience store. A guy could live pretty comfortably just within the base.

I also think you're over-estimating the extent military people "immerse" themselves in country they're based in. Most guys in Osan only went as far as downtown to buy bootlegs and meet women. I knew a few guys who actually lived in Korean apartments, but the extent of the Korean they knew was hello and goodbye. You might get a few more thoughtful guys out there who learn some of the history and culture, but the vast majority had as much knowledge as a tourist on a week-long trip. They do bring back a lot of cool souvenirs though.

News Comments > Morning Patches
5. Re: Morning Patches Jan 31, 2014, 14:12 shinchan0s

Yeah, I can always get past the bugs, but I stopped playing/caring about Rome 2 due to all the cut features. It gets boring real fast. The game was a cash-grab, pure and simple. It's probably going to be the last TW I'm going to buy.

Eagerly waiting on Europa Barbarorum II...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 13:46 shinchan0s

Never heard of Insurgency, but now I'm intrigued. RO2 was such a disappointment...  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2014, 19:09 shinchan0s

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 17:11:
Let me see if I get this right. Both sides agreed to it, both said it was necessary at the time. American people mostly agreed to it on a limited basis. New government comes to power, expands it, but it's all the previous administrations fault for the current one using it, abusing it, and expanding it. So, the one half of the isle says enough...and left-leaners are up in arms over it...saying it's all their fault.

I miss anything?

Yeah, the fact that the left and Democrats have been far more vocal on this issue for a much longer time before House Republicans suddenly thought privacy rights were cool because, you know, Obama.

The Patriot Act and FISA only got extended, not expanded, under Obama - with the Republicans' blessing from the House and Senate (Democrats made the majority of no votes in both houses).

I'll admit, Rand Paul has been pretty consisently against it, but let's not lump the entire left with Obama on this issue. The House vote was just another political sideshow. That's what the House does. Let's wait until they do something substantive before we start calling them heroes, k?

489 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo