Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 491 (Amateur)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Renegade X: Black Dawn Released
7. Re: Renegade X: Black Dawn Released Jan 30, 2012, 12:32 shinchan0s

LOL. You would think they would have prepared ahead of time and get some mirrors ready when they release it. Oh well. I'll check back after work. The old Renegade was the TITS! Effff Diablo 3.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battle.net World Championship Announced, No BlizzCon 2012
5. Re: Battle.net World Championship Announced, No BlizzCon 2012 Jan 25, 2012, 11:22 shinchan0s

What would they show @ a Blizzcon this year? Mists of Pandaria (LOL)? Announcements that Diablo 3 and Heart of the Swarm are essentially vaporware? There would be rioting on the streets.  

News Comments > Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs
17. Re: Diablo III Senior Game Producer Departs Jan 21, 2012, 10:21 shinchan0s

CJ_Parker is actually right (for once).

Blizzard started believing in their own hype after the amazing success of World of Warcraft. Every game they release has to be the equivalent of an Oscar winning mega-blockbuster turned American classic. They spend so much time fretting over "polish" and "balance" because critics tend to overemphasize those bits over fun factor. A Blizzard game with a sub-90 score from Metacritic would be deemed a failure. Unfortunately, longer development times only lead to greater expectations so that extra "polish" is going to have diminishing returns - which is why SC2 turned out to be such a dud.

Oh well, it will still be Diablo. The recent spate of DIII news has given me the itch again. Back to DII. F*** you, Blizz.

News Comments > Diablo III Systems Changes
30. Re: Diablo III Systems Changes Jan 19, 2012, 16:22 shinchan0s

In other words, they're dumbing it down for consoles.

Everybody liked Diablo and Diablo 2 - warts and all. I don't mind a little streamlining here and there, but this is getting ridiculous. At this point, planning for a mission to Mars wouldn't take as much TIME and MANPOWER as it apparently does for a Blizzard game! It's a hack-n-slash game - just make it fun!

Why is this taking over 10 years to develop? Why announce it in 2008 if we're going to have to wait until 2013 to play it?

What's the point of separating Starcraft 2 into 3 parts when they're spaced out by 2 freaking years? Brood War was released in the same year as the original! By the time Legacy of the Void is released the game will be 6 years old which is like 100 in videogame years. Nobody will care.

Why did they bother to REDUCE B.net's functionality and practicality?

And yes, the game IS late. It's been 5 years since they announced it. What a tease!

Yeah, I'll still buy Diablo III when it comes out - but I'm starting to think it will be another huge disappointment like Starcraft 2. The new designers they have, quite honestly, stink.

News Comments > Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III "Almost Done"
45. Re: Diablo 15 Year Anniversary Website - Diablo III Jan 5, 2012, 20:14 shinchan0s

I honestly stopped waiting for D3 and took up the ukulele instead.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 11:16 shinchan0s

The game failed. Bring on ME3.  

News Comments > Will Wright's HiveMind
4. Re: Will Wright's HiveMind Jan 3, 2012, 11:13 shinchan0s

Sounds like crap.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Specs
4. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Specs Jul 21, 2011, 18:19 shinchan0s

Day 1 for me too. Even if it is $50. So many good memories of the first one and Darkest Hour. All the other big name FPS suck ass IMO.  

News Comments > The Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles Next Month
5. Re: The Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles Next Month Jul 8, 2011, 13:24 shinchan0s

Nah. Sims Medieval is sort of a neutered version of Sims 3. They only need to sleep and eat; going to the privy or bathing is entirely optional. It's actually more like a "game" with predefined goals and an end. You know, the stuff you nerds have been complaining about the Sims franchise for years. It's actually pretty boring. I find it kind of funny that this game doesn't have farming mechanics like in the other games. It would have been so cool lording over a bunch of farming serfs at a giant manor, I think.  

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway
48. Re: Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway Apr 26, 2011, 12:34 shinchan0s

Are there any keys left? This game actually looks promising.  

News Comments > Video Game Grammy Coming?
4. Re: Video Game Grammy Coming? Apr 10, 2011, 19:26 shinchan0s

Well, that's one way to get younger people to watch the Grammys. Shrewd move.  

News Comments > On StarCraft II in Korea
4. Re: On StarCraft II in Korea Nov 27, 2010, 16:45 shinchan0s

Nice. They developed the game to cater to the Korean market and it bites them in the butt. Thanks for ruining a top-notch franchise. GG.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Next Week
6. Re: StarCraft II Patch Next Week Sep 18, 2010, 22:15 shinchan0s

BTW. Where are the Marauder nerfs? I mean if ActiBlizz is interested in getting rid of unit spam...  

News Comments > Kings and Castles Video Blog
1. Re: Kings and Castles Video Blog Sep 18, 2010, 22:06 shinchan0s

Does anybody actually ever watch these?  

News Comments > StarCraft II Patch Next Week
2. Re: StarCraft II Patch Next Week Sep 18, 2010, 07:47 shinchan0s

Suck my ass, ActiBlizz.  

News Comments > On Stardock's Elemental Launch Fail
27. Re: On Stardock's Elemental Launch Fail Sep 3, 2010, 18:53 shinchan0s

Bhruic wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 16:48:
They just want to "make a game" because it "seems fun" and "everyone else is doing it."

Which is exactly who we want making games, isn't it? Haven't we been decrying the corporatization of gaming? Haven't we been complaining about companies that put profit first, and good games second?

Granted, Elemental is a buggy, boring mess at present, but since it's a labor of love, I hope that Stardock will continue with the polish until they find the gem in the turd. That is, at least, what they've claimed they intend to do.

We also want professionalism too. Would you buy an amateurish game from a developer you weren't already familiar with? Not likely.

This would be different if they were just selling the game through their website for $30, but they're selling boxed games (with limited editions no less!) through retail channels for $50!

News Comments > On Stardock's Elemental Launch Fail
26. Re: On Stardock's Elemental Launch Fail Sep 3, 2010, 18:47 shinchan0s

kxmode wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 16:32:
Stardock isn't a game developer they're a Windows app developer. If they were a Gearbox, Valve or Blizzard these mistakes wouldn't exist because as a company their survival would depend on producing top-quality products that work. As it stands they can work on these hobby projects because they have their Impulse platform business, and windows app software business to fall back on. In other words there’s no sense of urgency on their part to make sure they launch a solid product. They just want to "make a game" because it "seems fun" and "everyone else is doing it."

LOL. WTF. What's with the last sentence anyway - it sounds sarcastic.

Business is business. If it were a "hobby" they'd be releasing it as freeware instead of selling it through retail stores for fifty bucks. Stardock is expanding into the videogame market because that's where the money is and I'm convinced Mr. Wardell has dreams of primarily dealing in PC games.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Beta Patched
1. Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta Patched Aug 19, 2010, 11:25 shinchan0s

Nobody plays it...  

News Comments > Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed
3. Re: Heroes of Might & Magic VI Revealed Aug 16, 2010, 12:06 shinchan0s

Meh.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Trailer
15. Re: StarCraft II Trailer Jul 22, 2010, 04:13 shinchan0s

Welp. I'm impressed. Now I want an animated TV miniseries!  

491 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo