Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 500 (Apprentice)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
65. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2012, 22:44 shinchan0s

Eberron wrote on May 8, 2012, 15:29:
Starflight? I would love to see a remake.

Starlight Inception? I think people were turned off by the fact it is a PSP Vita title.

(Also I like Order of the Stick, and I do have bad taste. So what?)

You know what? You're right. Order of the Stick is actually an ok webcomic (it's been around forever). I guess I can't wrap my head around over a million dollars going to something like that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2012, 15:13 shinchan0s

Eberron wrote on May 8, 2012, 14:28:
Beamer wrote on May 8, 2012, 14:18:
Yeah, and most restaurants fail, too. Most bands fail. Most movie production houses fail. So long as some make it big people will keep trying.

Most Kickstarters also fail. I would say it's much higher than 40%. Here's one struggling right now:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/732317316/starlight-inceptiontm

Eh... put me in the camp that is skeptical of Kickstarter funded projects. I do think games financed by gamers is a workable alternative to traditional publishing (I gave $10 to get into Mount and Blade beta), but I also think it will always remain a niche alternative.

Besides, I doubt you'll see the kinds of games you guys want financed through Kickstarter. You'll just end up with sequels and SNES-style RPG's with anime characters.

The Starflight project, meanwhile, seems like the ideal candidate for this kind of funding since it's a spacesim, a genre that lacks mass appeal and is cheap to produce. The development team also has a plan, a strong professional background, and a working prototype.

Unfortunately, no, the masses have spoken and they want more of this.

Kickstarter doesn't seem to work for projects that we like to think should benefit the most from this kind of financing - innovative games made by the true Indie developer. Why? Cuz gamers are retarded and have bad taste.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patched, Company of Heroes Online Ending
12. Re: Company of Heroes Patched, Company of Heroes Online Ending May 3, 2012, 20:25 shinchan0s

DoW2 wasn't tactical at all. Another blobfest with a horrible interface. The original DoW was also a blobfest, but it was a blobfest with some PERSONALITY.

Meh. Relic sort of lost me since DoW2. Anyway, the first expansion for CoH should've had Soviets. The British are so freaking bo-ring.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
77. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 20:12 shinchan0s

You can find pics here @ http://imgur.com/a/fO9Ty#0

First impression: It looks like WoW, but if any there's any IP than can be MMO-ized it's Elder Scrolls. Bioware just effed up bad with TOR. Not too keen on it though. I'll wait for TES6.

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
184. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 23, 2012, 08:54 shinchan0s

Bhruic wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 04:23:
In general I agree with a lot of the comments about not being impressed by the game. Right now I'm just trying to figure out if I would have been impressed by a version of D2 that ended, say, right after killing Bloodraven. Would that have given me enough of an experience of the game to really enjoy it, or would the general blahness of the early act 1 normal map have made me as unimpressed as I am with what we can see in D3?

Good point. I actually like Act 1. Still, it is kind of blah. Looking back, I think somebody who played the D2 beta coming from D1 would be have come off more impressed than a D3 beta tester. One, the time difference between releases. Two, D2 was such a huge leap - it's a lot easier to describe D2's new features (evident from the start) vs D3's (addition by subtraction, I guess?). Three, there was nothing else like it to compare it with. Fair or not, the bar is now set higher.

168. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 22, 2012, 20:34 shinchan0s

Krovven wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 12:37:
What happened to all the retards that said this could be beaten in less than an hour first time through?

I only see people saying it took about 3 hrs.

It's a stress test. People complain that Beta's are just demo's now. Blizzard has repeatedly stated that their Beta is an actual Beta, not a demo. If you are one of these people, you're a hypocrite. They've been tweeting constantly the last 48 hrs about how they are continually working to improve the performance during the stress test.
I knew better than to even try playing this weekend.

So many trolls posting too. Horrible voice acting? Bad sound? We clearly aren't playing the same game.

OMG. You are, like, the biggest fanboy.

I've purchased every game Blizzard has released on the PC since Warcraft 2. I don't have some kind of agenda against Blizzard. I want Diablo 3 to be great. That's why I've been questioning every lousy design decision they've made. It's also not like I grew jaded from the gameplay either. I just played the crap out of D1 and D2 a few months ago. I'm ready for the next Diablo!

It's a horrible feeling because Blizzard games used to feel like an event. Now, I won't be buying D3 or MoP this year. That sucks. I'm not paying $60 this limp dick - even after waiting for so long.

119. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 21, 2012, 06:38 shinchan0s

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 02:27:
Then there is the red glow around anything you can interact with. Baddies don't need it and it hurts the looks. The simplified gameplay doesn't have to tell you all it's secrets to make it even simpler by glowing red. Come the fuck on.

To be fair, D1 had the red outline thingy too. Then again, D1 had a lot more going for it than D3.

Anyway, first impressions. Yeah, D3 beta is underwhelming. The interface is very WoW-ish. No stat allocation. The skills interface is very opaque - no stats, no damage numbers, skill A vs skill B looks the same to me. The artwork, sound and voice acting are pretty terrible, but then again terrible VA is a Diablo staple. Combat is less tactical than D1. It's also slower and less satisfying than D2. I'm already throwing down magic hammers and doing AoE dmg as a Barb @ lvl 3. Wonderful.

The game reminds me of Age of Empires 3. It has 3D graphics and overused physics. It plays it safe, but inexplicably keeps some very outdated gameplay quirks (ex: pop cap). Finally, in all likelihood, it will sell very well, but will not be regarded as a classic like its venerated predecessors.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars Apr 19, 2012, 21:15 shinchan0s

Best 10 bux I ever spent.  

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
13. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 12:06 shinchan0s

I don't know what the rest of you guys are smoking, but that tank is nearly an exact copy. I hate GW as much as the next guy (mainly for their overpriced plastics and draconian policies toward independent retailers), but, come on, that tank's design is beyond mere inspiration.  

News Comments > Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars Announced
1. Re: Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars Announced Mar 30, 2012, 11:06 shinchan0s

Wow, I've been wondering why there were no updates to Mount and Musket. It was starting to get stale and the Deluge isn't nearly as popular. I hope they release this beast soon!  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Face Fix Found
15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Face Fix Found Mar 24, 2012, 09:21 shinchan0s

All the custom faces I've seen (on Youtube) look like ass. Who cares? Just use the default face.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II "Exalted March" Expansion Cancelled
27. Re: Dragon Age II Mar 20, 2012, 12:54 shinchan0s

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 12:26:
Right. And that is a big beef I have with pause. You can play it way too many ways and it's not very easy to balance when one guy plays full action and another plays pure pause. If you only have an action based game, you know what the players will be doing. If you only have a turn based game, you know what they players will be doing. Pause is like the grey world of gaming, imo.

I think wonkawonka's description just proves that DA2 was a very lazily made game. If Bioware was interested in making a good game that appealed to the console kiddies then they could have meaningfully tweaked the combat mechanics. Instead, they just introduced enemy waves and made the combat faster (too fast IMO).

DA2 was a very unfun game with lousy production values. A completely naked cashgrab.

News Comments > Diablo III May 15th
38. Re: Diablo III May 15th Mar 15, 2012, 12:21 shinchan0s

Well, well, well it's finally come. The national nightmare is over. Still, it took them waaaaaaay too long to get here and I still don't think the game will justify the wait (and hype). I'm pretty sure they were rushing these past few months to get it out ASAP.

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
37. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 10, 2012, 09:29 shinchan0s

Alamar wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 08:47:
To be fair, you need to realize that, as much as you want this feature in, they want it in more. Unlike this thread, they deal in real priorities and cost-benefit ratios.

-Alamar

Good point. Completely understandable. Still, it makes you wonder what Blizzard HAS been doing all this time. They had a working game back in 2008. As far as I can tell, in Diablo 3, Blizzard has:

1) Nuked to oblivion all the RPG aspects from the franchise.
2) Nerfed itemization to blandness.
3) Utterly ruined (see WoWified) the lore.
4) Added a real money auction house.
5) Implemented ZERO innovative, gameplay enhancing features.

To be sure, I'm not exactly broken up about Blizzard nixing PvP for the launch. I never did it in D2 (except griefing). Still, what happened to "nobody will remember how late the game was, but how great it was" line from the devs? What a load of crap. Uggghhh. At least it sounds like they're FINALLY coming around to a release date. Though I'm not holding my breath out for an announcement in March.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 4, 2012, 22:49 shinchan0s

I hear it was mostly new ID Theft protocols and a huge glitch with the First Time Homebuyer Credit that delayed refunds (for months) last year. I'm sure Congress' stalling on whether or not to extend Bush's tax cuts at the end of 2010 didn't help either.  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Postmortem; DLC Plans
4. Re: Crusader Kings II Postmortem; DLC Plans Mar 3, 2012, 18:09 shinchan0s

eunichron wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 16:09:
shinchan0s wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 13:10:
I really wish they would make vassals defend themselves against peasant rebellions and balance out the traits (possibly throw in a concept like MTW's "dread"). That's all the game really needs at this point.

Yes, but, historically speaking, as liege it's your job to protect them, otherwise there wouldn't be any sense in becoming a vassal. Without that aspect of the relationship the entire feudal "system" falls apart.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but in practice (in-game) it's just plain old whack-a-mole. What really bothers me is that the vassal does nothing while his holdings are besieged. Does the vassal have a standing army bigger than the rebellion? Yep. Will he save his castle? Nope.

I would prefer that uprisings be fewer, but more meaningful. Perhaps a rebellion snowballing across many counties like the one against Richard II of England. As it is right now, the mechanic detracts from the immersion. They're just aggravating.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Postmortem; DLC Plans
1. Re: Crusader Kings II Postmortem; DLC Plans Mar 3, 2012, 13:10 shinchan0s

I really wish they would make vassals defend themselves against peasant rebellions and balance out the traits (possibly throw in a concept like MTW's "dread"). That's all the game really needs at this point.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II Patch
8. Re: Dragon Age II Patch Mar 2, 2012, 22:10 shinchan0s

nin wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 09:24:

Is the patch that makes the game not suck?

You can't polish a turd.

Especially one as watery and funky as DA2. It's the IBS of RPGs.

News Comments > Mount & Blade Collection Announced
5. Re: Mount & Blade Collection Announced Mar 2, 2012, 22:04 shinchan0s

Fire and Sword was horrible. The mods are even horrible-r.

Warband is great! Yeah, MnM and MnG are incredible. I try to fit in some Native action from time to time too.

News Comments > CNC Fallout
9. Re: CNC Fallout Mar 2, 2012, 21:59 shinchan0s

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 16:03:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 15:53:
Hmm, it took 9 years to build version 0.1. So we should have a complete version in the year 2100.

Better than Diablo project management.

Aw snap, son!

500 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo