Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 500 (Apprentice)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Conquer Online 3 Announced
3. Re: Conquer Online 3 Announced Jun 15, 2012, 17:34 shinchan0s

LOC wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 12:12:
NKD wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 10:37:
If a shitty MMO no one has heard about falls in the woods, is a single fuck given?

Plenty of people have heard about this MMO. Nice try though

If you've seen one Asian MMO, you've seen them all. They're all shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas
52. Re: Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas Jun 13, 2012, 21:18 shinchan0s

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 13:27:

They're just practicing for when they illegally cross the border. Americano eh!

Jesus, you're dumb.

Anyway, my wife's from Peru so we have a lot of friends from Bolivia, Colombia, Brazil, etc. Orogogus is right, it just depends on the context of the conversation, American is a term used for anybody living in the Americas. Still, when they're talking about a guy from the United States the only term I've heard them use is "Americano".

News Comments > Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas
41. Re: Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas Jun 13, 2012, 07:07 shinchan0s

If only Blizz spent all the time and resources on the RMAH toward teaching the monk to use actually use the weapon in his/her hand...  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 9, 2012, 10:02 shinchan0s

You could have had Crusader Kings 2 for $10 a week ago on Amazon. Too bad I already bought it for $40. Still, it's a great game.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 9, 2012, 07:21 shinchan0s

Aww man. I wonder what show will eventually replace it?  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 5
14. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 5 Jun 8, 2012, 20:05 shinchan0s

Wow, this thread turned to shit pretty fast. Good job guys.

I say we have another politics thread.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Aeons of the Pleroma May 28, 2012, 10:27 shinchan0s

space captain wrote on May 27, 2012, 14:59:
unfortunately the modern "christianity" is so far removed from the original ideas and practices, mainly due to the obfuscated contextual references of gospels (initially approved for public consumption by the council of nicea) included in the king james version, already retranslated numerous times, and edited for cohesion by the church in the middle ages.. some orginal ideas remained, but have been mostly ignored over the years

I agree as a practicing (sparingly) Catholic myself. A lot of Christians don't know that there were a lot of different branches of Christianity before Rome canonized it. A lot of today's evangelicals seem to have a hard on for the crazy stuff like the Book of Revelations. I personally like the Gnostic texts from Syria-Egypt (Ptolemaic Empire) like "Thunder, Perfect Mind":

For I am the first and the last.

I am the honored one and the scorned one.

I am the whore and the holy one.

I am the wife and the virgin.

I am <the mother> and the daughter.

I am the members of my mother.

I am the barren one
and many are her sons.

I am she whose wedding is great,
and I have not taken a husband.

I am the midwife and she who does not bear.

I am the solace of my labor pains.

I am the bride and the bridegroom,
and it is my husband who begot me.

I am the mother of my father
and the sister of my husband
and he is my offspring.

I am the slave of him who prepared me.

I am the ruler of my offspring.
But he is the one who begot me before the time on a birthday.
And he is my offspring in (due) time,
and my power is from him.

I am the staff of his power in his youth,
and he is the rod of my old age.
And whatever he wills happens to me.

I am the silence that is incomprehensible
and the idea whose remembrance is frequent.

I am the voice whose sound is manifold
and the word whose appearance is multiple.

I am the utterance of my name.

Why, you who hate me, do you love me,
and hate those who love me?

You who deny me, confess me,
and you who confess me, deny me.

You who tell the truth about me, lie about me,
and you who have lied about me, tell the truth about me.

You who know me, be ignorant of me,
and those who have not known me, let them know me.

Modern feminism in MY religion? Mind utterly blown.

News Comments > 38 Studios Closed?
90. Re: 38 Studios Closed? May 26, 2012, 03:12 shinchan0s

RollinThundr wrote on May 26, 2012, 02:03:
Kosumo wrote on May 25, 2012, 20:05:
I'll just put a LOL@fallofamericanempire in here - RollinThundr gonna leave it if Obama gets back in, to goto Canada? Thundr, you do know that all of us in the Commonwealth all each put a five dollar note in the post and send it to our Queen each week. (The Queen face is on stamps for a reason!)

It's what we do, so she can build an army and take back America.

Just joking, it's good for morale, America is shit and the Commonwealth don't want it.

Apparently if you don't use sarcasm tags on BN people get confused. At anyrate it's still amazing to me how people can be so up in arms about regular American citizen's tax rates, yet they're fine with government spending like the world is going to end tomorrow.

Gotta love that entitlement mentality.

I think you'd find that most people are for reduced spending. The difference is that you have one side that wants to solve the problem by working things out long term and the other side that thinks we should tear everything down. The Founding Fathers developed a government that was designed to act slow and deliberately, but you got atleast 30% of the population that believes the country should be run like a business. Their representatives also don't feel like negotiating. That's the problem.

News Comments > Skyrim to Add Mounted Combat
7. Re: Skyrim to Add Mounted Combat May 26, 2012, 00:10 shinchan0s

Give us a first person body for the perfect game. Make it happen, Bethesda!  

News Comments > 38 Studios Closed?
70. Re: 38 Studios Closed? May 25, 2012, 08:11 shinchan0s

LemonJoose wrote on May 25, 2012, 05:02:
Perfect example of why government shouldn't use taxpayer money to invest in specific businesses. Other than the Wall Street bailouts and the bailouts of GM and Chrysler, which both the Democratic and Republican parties are guilty of, the three worst examples of this kind of stupidity are Solyndra (brought to you by Barack Obama and the national Democratic party), 38 Studios (brought to you by the Democratic party of Rhode Island), and Evergreen Solar (brought to you by Governor Deval Patrick and the Democratic party of Massachusetts). If you want to bring jobs to your state or to your nation, lower the corporate tax rate across the board, and improve public education by firing bad teachers and getting rid of tenure at public universities. Curt Schilling is indeed a hypocrite for accepting taxpayer-funded loan guarantees -- it's just corporate welfare.

Jesus Christ. What am I reading? I can't believe you're bringing up Solyndra. Out of 20 BILLION dollars doled out to renewal energy companies only Solyndra has defaulted. OMG - you mean some investments can fail? That's unpossible! Do you, like, have any experience in the real life business world or do you just patrol conservative blogs all day? You think venture capitalists get a return on even half of their investments? The Department of Energy's vetting process was actually quite rigorous. A large part of the stimulus funds haven't even been utilized because of it. Does that sound like they're giving out the money recklessly?

RI investing in 38 Studios was obviously a huge mistake and the politicians will pay for it, but you actually believe that something like renewable energy should only be left to private investors? The US would be the ONLY country in the world to do that then. There's a difference between investing in an energy company and a videogame company. History is chock full of examples of government successfully propping up infant industries (see the Korean chaebol as an example)... even in the United States!

I'm sorry, but energy and food are things I'm not comfortable leaving to the whims of your average idiot shareholder/speculator. Subsidies there can only be good things. I just don't understand this country's sudden worship of private ownership.

News Comments > Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week
7. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 14:45 shinchan0s

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 24, 2012, 13:59:
shinchan0s wrote on May 24, 2012, 11:53:

Creative Assembly made games after M2TW less moddable. For instance, you can't alter the campaign map. A lot of other stuff is hardcoded, like the UI for example, so they can't be changed without dedicated tools from CA. It would be impossible to make a mod like Third Age with Shogun 2.

I understand why they're doing this - why buy the next TW game when the old one has a killer mod... but that just means were limited to CA's limp-dick offerings. The vanilla games are always embarrassingly bad.
Yeah I mean it couldn't have anything to do with all the screaming over the amount of cheating in MP or anything right? Which is why they finally got around to adding a Mod_flag.

If that's the reason. It's a pretty dumb one. How many TW play multiplayer much less cheat in multiplayer? Oh well. TW series is worse off for it.

5. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 11:53 shinchan0s

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 24, 2012, 04:43:
shinchan0s wrote on May 24, 2012, 03:17:
A battle map editor. Whoopty-freaking-doo.

There's a reason why Medieval 2 is the most heavily modded Total War game.
It's been out for a long time? Besides, there's no shortage of shogun2 mods, actually there's nearly as many shogun2 mods out now as there are for Med2.

Creative Assembly made games after M2TW less moddable. For instance, you can't alter the campaign map. A lot of other stuff is hardcoded, like the UI for example, so they can't be changed without dedicated tools from CA. It would be impossible to make a mod like Third Age with Shogun 2.

I understand why they're doing this - why buy the next TW game when the old one has a killer mod... but that just means were limited to CA's limp-dick offerings. The vanilla games are always embarrassingly bad.

2. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 03:17 shinchan0s

A battle map editor. Whoopty-freaking-doo.

There's a reason why Medieval 2 is the most heavily modded Total War game.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Interview
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Interview May 22, 2012, 02:06 shinchan0s

I wish they had used some of the funding going into this MMO toward an animator for a first person body in Skyrim. That crazy floating eye crap drives me nuts. I mean COME ON!  

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
109. Re: Signed up! May 19, 2012, 00:21 shinchan0s

ASeven wrote on May 18, 2012, 22:05:
eunichron wrote on May 18, 2012, 21:51:
ASeven wrote on May 18, 2012, 20:43:
shinchan0s wrote on May 18, 2012, 20:15:
I hate to say it, but Torchlight 2's graphics and classes are extremely unappealing. Torchlight felt like Titan's Quest. Too linear, crap skills, no background story. Blizzard's game manuals were chock full of lore - a very underrated aspect of Blizzard's "magic" IMO.

I'll try the stress test, of course, but... I dunno, man, can't get real excited.

I always find these type of comments deliciously ironic because the devs making T2 are the same ones that made D1 and 2, therefore they are the ones that built Diablo as the powerhouse it is today.

I always hated this comment because if I wanted to play Diablo 2, I'd play Diablo 2. That is why I hated Path of Exile so much when I tried the beta. It was everything that was terrible about Diablo 2 without anything new. It was like the developers saw how "different" Diablo 3 was and decided to make a re-imagined Diablo 2, but without the good story and interesting classes, abilities, and enemies. All you're left with is a Skinner box without any veneer to hide the fact that it's a Skinner box (as Diablo [all three of them] has done).

Torchlight 2 might be different, but just because it is former Blizzard North employees doesn't mean they're immune from lack of originality.

Obviously. I just find amusing those people who comment on T2 and are not aware of the devs background and think the original Diablo devs are still working at Blizzard and helped make D3.

For the record, I was fully aware that the Torchlight series, not Diablo 3, is made by Blizzard North employees (look at my post history if you want). Which is why the original Torchlight was such a disappointment. It WAS linear and bland. The original game and Youtube videos are all I can go by - things I'll put more stock into than the fact that they're made by Blizzard North employees. The same guys made Hellgate: London.

See, the predicament I'm in is that I want a TRUE sequel to Diablo 2. I don't see it in Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 for different reasons. I'm willing to give Torchlight 2 a try, but you have to admit, the background and graphics are a lot less appealing than Diablo's. That being said, the gameplay certainly looks a lot better than Diablo 3's.

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
92. Re: Signed up! May 18, 2012, 20:15 shinchan0s

I hate to say it, but Torchlight 2's graphics and classes are extremely unappealing. Torchlight felt like Titan's Quest. Too linear, crap skills, no background story. Blizzard's game manuals were chock full of lore - a very underrated aspect of Blizzard's "magic" IMO.

I'll try the stress test, of course, but... I dunno, man, can't get real excited.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: FPS Then vs FPS Now. May 18, 2012, 19:54 shinchan0s

I feel bad for kids today. Man, they really missed out.  

News Comments > Project Copernicus World Trailer
6. Re: Project Copernicus World Trailer May 18, 2012, 19:44 shinchan0s

Well, it looks like they definitely had talent working for them.

It's funny, it just hit me, but I think WoW marked the end of the MMORPG golden age. I can't see any of these games being successful post-WoW. Before? Yes. The genre felt so wide-open. After? No. I can't get excited for any new MMO nowadays.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG May 15, 2012, 11:10 shinchan0s

Banking on Diablo 3 returns and having depressed gamers buy GoT on the rebound?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:01 shinchan0s

Didn't buy it. Don't get me wrong, it was VERY tempting... but the beta was just so underwhelming. If I didn't play the beta I probably would have given in. I'll probably just screw around with a friend's account just to see what it's like. I wouldn't trust any reviews from the major gaming publications (Gamespot gave D2 an 8.5 LOL).

Hope you guys manage to enjoy it.

500 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo