Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 489 (Amateur)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week
5. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 11:53 shinchan0s

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 24, 2012, 04:43:
shinchan0s wrote on May 24, 2012, 03:17:
A battle map editor. Whoopty-freaking-doo.

There's a reason why Medieval 2 is the most heavily modded Total War game.
It's been out for a long time? Besides, there's no shortage of shogun2 mods, actually there's nearly as many shogun2 mods out now as there are for Med2.

Creative Assembly made games after M2TW less moddable. For instance, you can't alter the campaign map. A lot of other stuff is hardcoded, like the UI for example, so they can't be changed without dedicated tools from CA. It would be impossible to make a mod like Third Age with Shogun 2.

I understand why they're doing this - why buy the next TW game when the old one has a killer mod... but that just means were limited to CA's limp-dick offerings. The vanilla games are always embarrassingly bad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week
2. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 Editor Released; New DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 03:17 shinchan0s

A battle map editor. Whoopty-freaking-doo.

There's a reason why Medieval 2 is the most heavily modded Total War game.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Interview
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Interview May 22, 2012, 02:06 shinchan0s

I wish they had used some of the funding going into this MMO toward an animator for a first person body in Skyrim. That crazy floating eye crap drives me nuts. I mean COME ON!  

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
109. Re: Signed up! May 19, 2012, 00:21 shinchan0s

ASeven wrote on May 18, 2012, 22:05:
eunichron wrote on May 18, 2012, 21:51:
ASeven wrote on May 18, 2012, 20:43:
shinchan0s wrote on May 18, 2012, 20:15:
I hate to say it, but Torchlight 2's graphics and classes are extremely unappealing. Torchlight felt like Titan's Quest. Too linear, crap skills, no background story. Blizzard's game manuals were chock full of lore - a very underrated aspect of Blizzard's "magic" IMO.

I'll try the stress test, of course, but... I dunno, man, can't get real excited.

I always find these type of comments deliciously ironic because the devs making T2 are the same ones that made D1 and 2, therefore they are the ones that built Diablo as the powerhouse it is today.

I always hated this comment because if I wanted to play Diablo 2, I'd play Diablo 2. That is why I hated Path of Exile so much when I tried the beta. It was everything that was terrible about Diablo 2 without anything new. It was like the developers saw how "different" Diablo 3 was and decided to make a re-imagined Diablo 2, but without the good story and interesting classes, abilities, and enemies. All you're left with is a Skinner box without any veneer to hide the fact that it's a Skinner box (as Diablo [all three of them] has done).

Torchlight 2 might be different, but just because it is former Blizzard North employees doesn't mean they're immune from lack of originality.

Obviously. I just find amusing those people who comment on T2 and are not aware of the devs background and think the original Diablo devs are still working at Blizzard and helped make D3.

For the record, I was fully aware that the Torchlight series, not Diablo 3, is made by Blizzard North employees (look at my post history if you want). Which is why the original Torchlight was such a disappointment. It WAS linear and bland. The original game and Youtube videos are all I can go by - things I'll put more stock into than the fact that they're made by Blizzard North employees. The same guys made Hellgate: London.

See, the predicament I'm in is that I want a TRUE sequel to Diablo 2. I don't see it in Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 for different reasons. I'm willing to give Torchlight 2 a try, but you have to admit, the background and graphics are a lot less appealing than Diablo's. That being said, the gameplay certainly looks a lot better than Diablo 3's.

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
92. Re: Signed up! May 18, 2012, 20:15 shinchan0s

I hate to say it, but Torchlight 2's graphics and classes are extremely unappealing. Torchlight felt like Titan's Quest. Too linear, crap skills, no background story. Blizzard's game manuals were chock full of lore - a very underrated aspect of Blizzard's "magic" IMO.

I'll try the stress test, of course, but... I dunno, man, can't get real excited.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: FPS Then vs FPS Now. May 18, 2012, 19:54 shinchan0s

I feel bad for kids today. Man, they really missed out.  

News Comments > Project Copernicus World Trailer
6. Re: Project Copernicus World Trailer May 18, 2012, 19:44 shinchan0s

Well, it looks like they definitely had talent working for them.

It's funny, it just hit me, but I think WoW marked the end of the MMORPG golden age. I can't see any of these games being successful post-WoW. Before? Yes. The genre felt so wide-open. After? No. I can't get excited for any new MMO nowadays.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG May 15, 2012, 11:10 shinchan0s

Banking on Diablo 3 returns and having depressed gamers buy GoT on the rebound?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:01 shinchan0s

Didn't buy it. Don't get me wrong, it was VERY tempting... but the beta was just so underwhelming. If I didn't play the beta I probably would have given in. I'll probably just screw around with a friend's account just to see what it's like. I wouldn't trust any reviews from the major gaming publications (Gamespot gave D2 an 8.5 LOL).

Hope you guys manage to enjoy it.

News Comments > Op Ed
65. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2012, 22:44 shinchan0s

Eberron wrote on May 8, 2012, 15:29:
Starflight? I would love to see a remake.

Starlight Inception? I think people were turned off by the fact it is a PSP Vita title.

(Also I like Order of the Stick, and I do have bad taste. So what?)

You know what? You're right. Order of the Stick is actually an ok webcomic (it's been around forever). I guess I can't wrap my head around over a million dollars going to something like that.

News Comments > Op Ed
49. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2012, 15:13 shinchan0s

Eberron wrote on May 8, 2012, 14:28:
Beamer wrote on May 8, 2012, 14:18:
Yeah, and most restaurants fail, too. Most bands fail. Most movie production houses fail. So long as some make it big people will keep trying.

Most Kickstarters also fail. I would say it's much higher than 40%. Here's one struggling right now:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/732317316/starlight-inceptiontm

Eh... put me in the camp that is skeptical of Kickstarter funded projects. I do think games financed by gamers is a workable alternative to traditional publishing (I gave $10 to get into Mount and Blade beta), but I also think it will always remain a niche alternative.

Besides, I doubt you'll see the kinds of games you guys want financed through Kickstarter. You'll just end up with sequels and SNES-style RPG's with anime characters.

The Starflight project, meanwhile, seems like the ideal candidate for this kind of funding since it's a spacesim, a genre that lacks mass appeal and is cheap to produce. The development team also has a plan, a strong professional background, and a working prototype.

Unfortunately, no, the masses have spoken and they want more of this.

Kickstarter doesn't seem to work for projects that we like to think should benefit the most from this kind of financing - innovative games made by the true Indie developer. Why? Cuz gamers are retarded and have bad taste.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patched, Company of Heroes Online Ending
12. Re: Company of Heroes Patched, Company of Heroes Online Ending May 3, 2012, 20:25 shinchan0s

DoW2 wasn't tactical at all. Another blobfest with a horrible interface. The original DoW was also a blobfest, but it was a blobfest with some PERSONALITY.

Meh. Relic sort of lost me since DoW2. Anyway, the first expansion for CoH should've had Soviets. The British are so freaking bo-ring.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
77. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 20:12 shinchan0s

You can find pics here @ http://imgur.com/a/fO9Ty#0

First impression: It looks like WoW, but if any there's any IP than can be MMO-ized it's Elder Scrolls. Bioware just effed up bad with TOR. Not too keen on it though. I'll wait for TES6.

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
184. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 23, 2012, 08:54 shinchan0s

Bhruic wrote on Apr 23, 2012, 04:23:
In general I agree with a lot of the comments about not being impressed by the game. Right now I'm just trying to figure out if I would have been impressed by a version of D2 that ended, say, right after killing Bloodraven. Would that have given me enough of an experience of the game to really enjoy it, or would the general blahness of the early act 1 normal map have made me as unimpressed as I am with what we can see in D3?

Good point. I actually like Act 1. Still, it is kind of blah. Looking back, I think somebody who played the D2 beta coming from D1 would be have come off more impressed than a D3 beta tester. One, the time difference between releases. Two, D2 was such a huge leap - it's a lot easier to describe D2's new features (evident from the start) vs D3's (addition by subtraction, I guess?). Three, there was nothing else like it to compare it with. Fair or not, the bar is now set higher.

168. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 22, 2012, 20:34 shinchan0s

Krovven wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 12:37:
What happened to all the retards that said this could be beaten in less than an hour first time through?

I only see people saying it took about 3 hrs.

It's a stress test. People complain that Beta's are just demo's now. Blizzard has repeatedly stated that their Beta is an actual Beta, not a demo. If you are one of these people, you're a hypocrite. They've been tweeting constantly the last 48 hrs about how they are continually working to improve the performance during the stress test.
I knew better than to even try playing this weekend.

So many trolls posting too. Horrible voice acting? Bad sound? We clearly aren't playing the same game.

OMG. You are, like, the biggest fanboy.

I've purchased every game Blizzard has released on the PC since Warcraft 2. I don't have some kind of agenda against Blizzard. I want Diablo 3 to be great. That's why I've been questioning every lousy design decision they've made. It's also not like I grew jaded from the gameplay either. I just played the crap out of D1 and D2 a few months ago. I'm ready for the next Diablo!

It's a horrible feeling because Blizzard games used to feel like an event. Now, I won't be buying D3 or MoP this year. That sucks. I'm not paying $60 this limp dick - even after waiting for so long.

119. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 21, 2012, 06:38 shinchan0s

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 02:27:
Then there is the red glow around anything you can interact with. Baddies don't need it and it hurts the looks. The simplified gameplay doesn't have to tell you all it's secrets to make it even simpler by glowing red. Come the fuck on.

To be fair, D1 had the red outline thingy too. Then again, D1 had a lot more going for it than D3.

Anyway, first impressions. Yeah, D3 beta is underwhelming. The interface is very WoW-ish. No stat allocation. The skills interface is very opaque - no stats, no damage numbers, skill A vs skill B looks the same to me. The artwork, sound and voice acting are pretty terrible, but then again terrible VA is a Diablo staple. Combat is less tactical than D1. It's also slower and less satisfying than D2. I'm already throwing down magic hammers and doing AoE dmg as a Barb @ lvl 3. Wonderful.

The game reminds me of Age of Empires 3. It has 3D graphics and overused physics. It plays it safe, but inexplicably keeps some very outdated gameplay quirks (ex: pop cap). Finally, in all likelihood, it will sell very well, but will not be regarded as a classic like its venerated predecessors.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars Apr 19, 2012, 21:15 shinchan0s

Best 10 bux I ever spent.  

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
13. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 12:06 shinchan0s

I don't know what the rest of you guys are smoking, but that tank is nearly an exact copy. I hate GW as much as the next guy (mainly for their overpriced plastics and draconian policies toward independent retailers), but, come on, that tank's design is beyond mere inspiration.  

News Comments > Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars Announced
1. Re: Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars Announced Mar 30, 2012, 11:06 shinchan0s

Wow, I've been wondering why there were no updates to Mount and Musket. It was starting to get stale and the Deluge isn't nearly as popular. I hope they release this beast soon!  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Face Fix Found
15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Face Fix Found Mar 24, 2012, 09:21 shinchan0s

All the custom faces I've seen (on Youtube) look like ass. Who cares? Just use the default face.  

489 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo