Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 494 (Amateur)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
31. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 19:00 shinchan0s

PHJF wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 18:40:
You're the second person I've seen recently say Chrono Cross was *bad*. I've always considered it better than any Final Fantasy. When did it become cool to hate on CC???

Chrono Cross wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't such a crushing disappointment. It didn't share anything with its predecessor save a few cameos. It left a real bad taste.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
33. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 4, 2012, 18:49 shinchan0s

Verno wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 12:26:
Well, there's many problems with the game right now but I think you touched on the most important one. Diablo 2 was a fun game at all levels, what I mean by that is there was something to do for everyone. At a low level you still had plenty of uniques, charms, sets and other fun amusements to keep you occupied. Meanwhile the high level play had rare collectibles and later on runes and so on. The difficulty curve is all out of whack too, the hill is more like a cliff.

Which is precisely what me and guys like PHJF saw to be one of the fundamental weaknesses with Diablo 3's game design back in February. In Diablo 2, you could just reroll and putz around with the low lvl gear that you saved on a mule after you got tired of Pindle and Meph on your lvl 90. The lack of interesting gear, auction house, and short linear character progression also exacerbate this problem. Somebody here said it, Blizzard needs to just cut this turd loose, learn from their mistakes and move on to Diablo 4.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
28. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 18:19 shinchan0s

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 14:00:
So Chrono 3 will be next year then, right? Right?

*tap tap* is this on? Hello?

Chrono Cross was so bad it killed the franchise.

Anyway, FFVI is the superior game, but I'll admit that the series peaked with VII. When people think of Final Fantasy they think of VII. That game was so disgustingly popular. The game definitely HAS NOT aged well that's for sure. Even my dad asked why I was playing with "bubble people"... back in 1997. Still though. What an EVENT it was. I bought the demo disc for $10 at Funcoland and bragged about it. lolwhatanerd.

News Comments > Hotline Miami Announced
9. Re: Hotline Miami Announced Jul 4, 2012, 04:08 shinchan0s

From the screenshots it kind of reminds of me GTA and Postal.  

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Announced
4. Re: Total War: Rome II Announced Jul 2, 2012, 11:04 shinchan0s

Only two measly screenshots? Man.

Oh well. At the very least, this should get those retards on twcenter to SHUT UP about Victorian/WWI: Total War. It will NEVER happen. Who seriously would get amped about a game like that? Bring on Rome, please.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Why Do People Care About JRPGs? Jul 1, 2012, 09:50 shinchan0s

I used to play a lot too. Favorites are Earthbound, FF6, Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics. These days though I just can't get past the dumb character designs and juvenile stories. Sometimes, after playing one, I start wishing we dropped a third bomb on Tokyo (I kid!). I just stick to Mario and Zelda nowadays.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 30, 2012, 18:17 shinchan0s

Eh. Morrowind and Oblivion's expansions were pretty mediocre as well.  

News Comments > Rome: Total War Sequel Plans?
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Men of War: Condemned Heroes Jun 26, 2012, 05:32 shinchan0s

Oh man. This game is going to come out before Europa Barbarorum 2. If the game isn't moddable I see a lot of people sticking with M2TW tho.

Anyway, I think everybody knew that the next game was going to be Rome 2. I hope this announcement means an early 2013 release!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 24, 2012, 12:08 shinchan0s

Kobalt wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 07:08:
shinchan0s wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 06:12:
I liked the original the best (even with the bad translation). EP and IS were okay too. You know, before the series went mainstream and gone full anime. Don't mind me I'm just jaded as hell. It's probably the childhood nostalgia.

You describing any of the persona series full on anime(you cant be talking about the visuals right? I mean even the orginals had anime visuals) confuses me. I mean, One of the things I constantly hear and agree with about the last 2 is they were not like a anime whatsoever. They had damn good writing and if wouldn't be weird at all of the next persona got rid of the anime visuals.

Ok, now I'm confused. The first two had a different lead art designer from the rest of the series. Forgot his name, but he does all the other Megami Tensei games. His art style is kind of hard to describe, but "Japanese gothic pop with Tim Burton thrown in" might come close. They're not anime inspired at all apart from the setting (they're students). How are the later games not like anime? They added a robot girl for example. It's totally valid to say that the later games are more anime-like visually.

I'm not going to argue "what's anime?" because I stopped watching that crap after college, but it's kind of hard for any of the games to veer away from anime conventions when they take place in a Japanese High school. Saying the later games went full anime was kind of throwaway line sorry. The newer games are more mainstream though (which is why they're crushing successes). I just thought the earlier games were darker and had more unique gameplay. The earlier games seemed "more adult" (EP's characters were adults) and the combat system was more tactical. They stream-lined the later games, added waaaay more cutscenes and added stuff like dating.

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 24, 2012, 06:12 shinchan0s

Kobalt wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 23:18:
shinchan0s wrote on Jun 23, 2012, 17:53:
Boy, the Persona series sure has gone to shit.

Based on what? Persona 4 that was perhaps the best in the series? Or the fighting game by the guilty gear and blazblue series?

I liked the original the best (even with the bad translation). EP and IS were okay too. You know, before the series went mainstream and gone full anime. Don't mind me I'm just jaded as hell. It's probably the childhood nostalgia.

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 23, 2012, 17:53 shinchan0s

Boy, the Persona series sure has gone to shit.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
34. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 09:03 shinchan0s

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 05:46:
So you think buying weapons, cbills and xp boosters are not pay to win? Unlocks and progression speed are part of the gameplay, paying gets you better unlocks faster even with less skill, gameplay effects -> pay-to-win.

It may not be terribly imbalanced, but it is pay to win. And that is everything that is wrong with F2P crap like this.

Exactly. I think guys get seduced by the logic that if said unlock is attainable without spending real money then it's okay. It all depends. I've played waaay too many F2P games on iOS and I know that unlockables and enhancements aren't worth the time spent hoarding the xp/points versus just outright buying it. If the F2P scheme isn't imbalanced at the start you can bet your ass that a company like SOE will make it that way eventually. SOE needs gamers to spend money. PS2 isn't going to turn a profit just buy selling skins.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm "99% Done"
49. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Jun 17, 2012, 17:19 shinchan0s

MattyC, Starcraft (2+ years) and Diablo 2's (3-4 years) development times don't compare to their sequels. You don't think Diablo3's 10+ years was at all excessive? In that timeframe Bethesda released THREE Elder Scrolls games (not to mention Fallout and the expansions).

I like the quality from Blizzard games too, but enough's enough man. I could see 10 years being needed for a very ambitious, genre-busting game, but pretty soon "playing it safe" is going to bite them in the ass if they continue along at the same pace they're going now. None of my friends bought Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2. We played the crap out of the old games. Inevitably though, fresher games came along that made us lose interest. That's what I see happening unless Blizzard's Titan becomes that new killer IP. I have my doubts. They've been riding that huge wave from the 90's for too long.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm "99% Done"
28. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Jun 16, 2012, 07:09 shinchan0s

...Yeah.

I'll just watch the cinematics on Youtube for free.

News Comments > Conquer Online 3 Announced
3. Re: Conquer Online 3 Announced Jun 15, 2012, 17:34 shinchan0s

LOC wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 12:12:
NKD wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 10:37:
If a shitty MMO no one has heard about falls in the woods, is a single fuck given?

Plenty of people have heard about this MMO. Nice try though

If you've seen one Asian MMO, you've seen them all. They're all shit.

News Comments > Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas
52. Re: Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas Jun 13, 2012, 21:18 shinchan0s

RollinThundr wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 13:27:

They're just practicing for when they illegally cross the border. Americano eh!

Jesus, you're dumb.

Anyway, my wife's from Peru so we have a lot of friends from Bolivia, Colombia, Brazil, etc. Orogogus is right, it just depends on the context of the conversation, American is a term used for anybody living in the Americas. Still, when they're talking about a guy from the United States the only term I've heard them use is "Americano".

News Comments > Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas
41. Re: Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas Jun 13, 2012, 07:07 shinchan0s

If only Blizz spent all the time and resources on the RMAH toward teaching the monk to use actually use the weapon in his/her hand...  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 9, 2012, 10:02 shinchan0s

You could have had Crusader Kings 2 for $10 a week ago on Amazon. Too bad I already bought it for $40. Still, it's a great game.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 9, 2012, 07:21 shinchan0s

Aww man. I wonder what show will eventually replace it?  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 5
14. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 5 Jun 8, 2012, 20:05 shinchan0s

Wow, this thread turned to shit pretty fast. Good job guys.

I say we have another politics thread.

494 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo