Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 499 (Amateur)
User ID 22255

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Interesting NPC Mod
21. Re: Skyrim Interesting NPC Mod Jan 8, 2013, 20:33 shinchan0s

Where's the anime? It's not a Skyrim mod without anime.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Dec 30, 2012, 18:27 shinchan0s

Umbragen wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 16:05:
Since GRRM decided it was OK to kill off Jon Snow, I thought it was good idea to torrent his HBO crap. Fuck you Martin.

Oh hey, spoilers! Oh well, I guess I should have already read Dance of Dragons. It's been sitting on my bookcase for a year...

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Free Weekend and Sale
11. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Free Weekend and Sale Dec 14, 2012, 20:30 shinchan0s

PHJF wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 09:10:
Well I tried about 80 minutes last night. First map was one with trenches, my team was getting destroyed, and the "commander" spent the whole match yelling at the team for being so stupid and playing Call of Duty and god damn these free weekend noobs. Naturally I join the other team next map and do better, get some decent kills, capped a point or two.

Seriously, though... the Russians are grey. The Germans are slightly darker grey. I must have spent half my time in the game checking the map to see if that dude in front of me was an enemy or not. I STILL ended up with like five teamkills when all was said and done.

Game ran very well and played pretty smoothly, except the cover mechanic which is the worst done I've ever seen... and this is a game that slaps you in the face if you so much as think of not being in cover.

Yeah, I had the same problem when I started too. My teams were surprisingly forgiving until around the 5th or 6th straight TK...

Also, the new cover system blows. You're actually more likely to get killed if you use the cover mechanic because it makes you easier to spot and more predictable. Just take a few steps back from a window (instead of leaning against it) and you're good to go. It kind of sucks for MGs though.

At least there's less grenade spam.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Free Weekend and Sale
3. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Free Weekend and Sale Dec 13, 2012, 21:56 shinchan0s

RO1 was better.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Patch
21. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 24, 2012, 23:51 shinchan0s

I've never played any of the games, but it's weird that the Native American protagonist is fighting for the Americans.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 07:04 shinchan0s

I spent about a week playing it and I only had one "epic" firefight (and it was epic) where we besieged a heavily defended base. Yeah, the game definitely needs guys dedicated to transports and mobile spawns. Even then, what's the point? There's so many bases. The maps need fewer bases. BF2 had the same problem with capture points. Yawn.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Multiplayer Details
7. Re: Star Citizen Multiplayer Details Nov 11, 2012, 17:07 shinchan0s

nin wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 15:32:
Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 14:47:
The more I hear the more I'm glad I haven't given him a penny.

It just kind of seems to be all over the place, promising everything to everyone. Had he focused (or put more of a focus) on rich SP experience, I would have kicked in day 1. But this just sounds way too ambitious for it's own good.

(Love to be wrong.)

*Enters some random starbase*

"WTS tachyon cannon iv"
"WHO'S UP FOR RAIDING KILRAH?"
"u want 2 buy credits real cheap"
"stealth fighter lfg omega quadrant"
"looking for repair ship 4 omega"

I still have some hope for this game despite barely playing Wing Commander III and Prophecy when I was a kid. It's not sounding any better though.

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
18. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 03:26 shinchan0s

All the Razer stuff my brother owned (a headset and two Nagas) broke within a year. Both Nagas had the same right clicking issue.

Me, I'll stick with Logitech.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 28, 2012, 18:03 shinchan0s

I switched to Hulu to watch Community reruns.  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch
8. Re: Natural Selection 2 Adding Map for Next Week's Launch Oct 26, 2012, 20:50 shinchan0s

Efffff PS2. Gimme NS2! So many epic moments.  

News Comments > League of Legends Soars
21. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 12, 2012, 20:32 shinchan0s

Yakubs wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 15:14:
Kind of hard to understand this viewpoint. LoL's game mechanics are a watered-down version of DotA's. Not sure why you wouldn't want to play the source material rather than a low-budget (which has since become big-budget) knock-off.

Watered-down to you = streamlined to me. I personally don't see denying, multiple shops, animal couriers, and buyable town portals adding all that much to the gameplay. While those things may add a modicum of gameplay depth they also make the game slower and more complicated. There are reasons why LoL overtook DotA and HoN.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale Sep 9, 2012, 05:50 shinchan0s

Oooooh shiiii....

I remember playing the crap out of Kohan when I was in high school. It's all kind of hazy, but I recall it being fun in the beginning, but like CoH the end-game descends into massed blobbing. It wasn't very tactical (no bonuses for flanking, I think, although you kill the expensive support units first if you attack from behind) and strategy was all about unit composition and the number of cities you have. My favorite units were the Nationalist Disciples (fist fighting monk dudes)!

The story was soooooooooooooooo bad though. Oh my god. It pretty much doomed the game, I think. Never got into Kohan II.

If anyone's thinking of buying it I'd just buy Ahriman's Gift (it's standalone). Amazingly, they still have the old Awakening website on strategyplanet.com - a nice place to get info, mods, guides, etc.

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
116. Re: contemplate this on the tree of woe Sep 7, 2012, 08:46 shinchan0s

TheLeech wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 23:43:
Is everyone on crazy pills tonight?

Black president on TV. It's to republicans what a full moon is to werewolves.

Ha!

Anyway, this thread gets a 10/10. Instant classic.

News Comments > Diablo III Nerf Warning
21. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 3, 2012, 08:22 shinchan0s

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 02:11:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 20:34:
Hrm, poor ToC DHs. Not that surprising though considering how crazy the damage was, for a Discipline skill. Still,the 1.05 patch probably won't be out for a month, so farm it up while you can, ToH users.

Oh well, still playing D3 occasionally, but really looking forward to Borderlands 2/Torchlight 2.

I stopped playing Starcraft 2 over a year ago, not sure about the rest of you guys but I've utterly lost interest in any SC2 'expansions' they are going to attempt to sell at +$40.

The sad thing is, it doesn't even seem like Blizzard is intentionally trying to hamper players' enjoyment, it's like they just don't even understand how to make a fun game or something. Nobody thinks .0000001% drop rates are fun, Blizzard. Also, screw the AHs.

All the talent that made Blizzard what it was, is long gone. Plain and simple. They were never good at project management even then, now that it takes them 7 years to put out garbage they've kinda become a laughing stock imo.

Now it's gonna be at least 2 1/2 years of HoTS. This is getting embarrassing. It's been 99% done since June - it's just spit and polish now. LOL. What's the point - they'll still patch it like crazy anyway.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
9. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 22, 2012, 21:19 shinchan0s

loomy wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 21:03:
the diablo 3 design puts too much weight on the item system, and the item system isn't good enough to support so much of the game. it is pitiful actually that they launched a game incomplete, untested, broken and without knowing how to fix it.

He's like the director of the Total Recall remake - putting his own "vision" on an already pretty great thing which turns out to be doing the exact opposite of what made the original so great. Where do they find these guys?

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
8. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 22, 2012, 21:10 shinchan0s

The truth hurts, man. Brevik's assessment was spot on. The guy just took a big steaming dump on my favorite game franchise. Fuck that loser.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
35. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 20:51 shinchan0s

I have no intention of buying CSGO anytime soon (I want it, but I've been on a game buying binge lately), but quick question:

Does the entire CT team use the same skin for like each map? It always bothered me that you could have a SAS guy and a SEAL fighting together.

News Comments > EA Exploring Sale?
27. Re: EA Exploring Sale? Aug 17, 2012, 08:46 shinchan0s

I'm not surprised a company like EA would want to go private. Being a corporation these days is kind of a pain in the ass with all the regulations and retarded shareholders.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2012, 12:41 shinchan0s

I always find the Summer Olympics to be a nice change of pace. Any other year and the only sports regularly televised during the summer are baseball and MLS soccer. It's cool to see stuff like the track and swimming and have it actually be COMPELLING. Sure, it has its share of dumb sports (water polo) and the events made up of major federated sports (soccer, baseball, basketball, tennis) have the Olympics playing second banana to their respective "real" championships. But the "pure" Olympic sports are all fun to watch just the same.  

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found?
6. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 12:16 shinchan0s

Love how all the fanboys immediately declare it fake within 5 seconds of the original post without doing any research or trying it themselves. I doubt they all even still play D3 anymore and just white knight Blizzard all day.  

499 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo