Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shinchan0s

Real Name shinchan0s   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 521 (Apprentice)
User ID 22255
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
8. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 16:10 shinchan0s
Yeah, it's scummy, but the consumer has so much power in Steam (the fact that you can even research price history is more evidence) and digital games in general that this should not much of an issue for anyone really.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer
5. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer Nov 27, 2015, 13:47 shinchan0s
ShakyJake wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 11:13:
I think the most recent Total War games get a lot more flak than they deserve. I've only rarely encountered any serious bugs at launch, and certainly no more than I've found in other titles. As for them playing the same, each iteration has always brought something new to the game mechanics. Napoleon adding unit replenishment was huge. Shogun's skill trees were great, and expanded upon with every game since. Regional mechanics in Rome 2 made a lot more sense than every individual province being independently wealthy or poor, and Attila's horde mechanic has been a fun way to capture the feel of roving nations. I'm betting Orcs will use this for sure.

In general, I've liked every game, and I suspect the people loudly declaring that anything that came after Medieval 2 was garbage are basing that declaration more on nostalgia than anything.

Yeah, I kind of agree. I've enjoyed all of them to a certain extent. Empire is actually my favorite game. I only wish CA had that kind of ambition for all their later games. If they aren't willing or are not able, they could at least bring back the personality/atmosphere of the earlier games. Medieval 1 hands down owns Medieval 2 in that department. I also hate the new skill system from Shogun 2 - it makes all the generals feel like generic clones. Plus the horde system in Atilla is straight out of Barbarian Invasion.

Anyways, NOBODY is hyped for the new TW game. It's because CA doesn't make new and exciting games anymore - more like (which Warhammer just reeks of) competent reskins.
News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 26, 2015, 22:11 shinchan0s
Daaaamn. Final Liberation AND Chaos Gate? It's high school all over again.  
News Comments > Total War WARHAMMER in April; Preorders Begin
1. Re: Total War WARHAMMER in April; Preorders Begin Oct 22, 2015, 18:31 shinchan0s
The game won't be playable out of the box without mods anyway. Why preorder?

Like Atilla, I'll wait until it's inevitably on sale for $5 on Steam.
News Comments > Evening Metaverse
19. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 22, 2015, 11:08 shinchan0s
PHJF wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 21:23:
I'm almost positive TWC throttles YouTube...

I have TWC too here in KCMO. The people across the street have Google Fiber. So close, yet so far away...

Anyway, I'd rather just pay directly to subscribers of my choosing (with YT getting a cut) than find out that half of it is just going to PewDiePie.
News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Sep 29, 2015, 23:46 shinchan0s
I actually listen to Colin Cowherd on a daily basis (I like his NFL takes), but yeah, he's definitely out of his element talking about e-sports. His "Spencer" bit was pretty cringe-worthy.  
News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 9, 2015, 11:17 shinchan0s
I'm a longtime Diablo 3 basher, but... this game has grown on me since I leveled a Crusader to 70 to get the Malthael mount.

A few things:
-The campaign is absolutely atrocious. The story and dialogue should be held up as a case study on how NOT to write in colleges everywhere.
-All the weapons feel the same and act as mere DPS placeholders. That said, Blizz DID finally allow the monk to actually wield his weapons.
-Some of the top abilities are plain stupid looking. Wrath of the Berserker (Barb should just be a little bigger and glow), Akarat's Champion (just glow), STEED CHARGE (take it out completely) for fuck's sake.
-Account bound items kills trading and any sense of community, which is funny because D3 is always online.

The good:
-The campaign left a bitter taste, but I LOVE ADVENTURE MODE and RIFTS. The whole end game completely avoids having to replay the radioactive campaign.
-Transmogs and Kanai's Cube legendary powers are great.
-The free respecs and quick change skills WORK wonderfully for D3's endgame.
-I'm actually having as much fun with D3 as I did with D2. In retrospect, constant Pindle runs don't seem like much of an endgame to me anymore.

So... I still think D1 had the best atmosphere and horror by far. D2 had the best game from the ground floor. D3 has the best endgame. Consider me a convert and born again Blizz fanboi. Hallelujah.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Diablo III Rewards
1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Diablo III Rewards Aug 17, 2015, 20:15 shinchan0s
Welp. Now I have a valid excuse for playing D3. Never got past Act 2 on Normal even after buying the expansion.  
News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
6. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Aug 13, 2015, 19:10 shinchan0s
Maybe if it was $5. Maybe.  
News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 11, 2015, 23:20 shinchan0s
From the article: Dota 2ís competitor and top MOBA, League of Legends, however, makes about $123 million a month as of January.

Jesus. Also, some shitty Korean FPS (Crossfire) makes even more than that.
News Comments > The International Results
14. Re: The International Results Aug 9, 2015, 18:28 shinchan0s
Congratulations to EG, but I wish they had spread the prize pool a little more. Is it really necessary for 1st place to get over 100x more in prize money than last place? Teams should get something for at least making the tournament...  
News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jul 13, 2015, 18:41 shinchan0s
descender wrote on Jul 13, 2015, 10:47:
Why not take the higher paying job?

You also get a 50% pension for life with that federal job... right? That should be a pretty large factor.

Really? I think you're thinking of military and police. Most civilian feds get a 1% monthly annuity on highest 3 years pay that's $12,000/yr for a person making $100,000) plus whatever you put into your TSP (401k equivalent). Richer than what you get at your average company, but the main draws are probably the health benefits and job security - things which don't exactly attract the best people.

It's understood that the government underpays - especially for top talent. What generally happens is that top talent begin their careers in government to net lucrative private gigs later on (see federal prosecutors).
News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
4. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 25, 2015, 23:51 shinchan0s
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 19:36:
You know the game stinks on ice whenever:

1. It's Blizzard's new IP, I mean come on.. BLIZZARD!
2. It's a new genre for them (FPS)
3. It has supposedly borrowed from the Titan game

and yet... nobody seems to care one damn bit about the game.

Good lord that looked boring and slow. Like they captured the unfun parts of a MOBA and made them first person.

Some of the characters are more interesting than others. I got hyped for this game after watching Mcree.
News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2015, 14:27 shinchan0s
Good video. Makes you realize how much more brutal the Ostfront was. 7 out of 8 German soldiers killed were killed fighting the Soviet Union. There were also more Soviet (or German) non civilian casualties at Stalingrad than either USA's or Great Britain's total casualties for the duration of the war!  
News Comments > Morning Screenshots
10. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 4, 2015, 15:06 shinchan0s
Ugh I hate the trend of monochromatic Warhammer armies. Bring back the colorful pageantry of the old Empire designs please.  
News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launches
13. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launches Jun 3, 2015, 03:29 shinchan0s
The game needs items and Kyle Blackthorn IMO.  
News Comments > Cossacks 3 Announced
7. Re: Cossacks 3 Announced May 19, 2015, 15:19 shinchan0s
Cossacks II was kind of boring because it was exclusively the Napoleonic era which, while great, is overdone. I loved the original Cossacks. Can't wait for the next installment!  
News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Apr 26, 2015, 20:07 shinchan0s
Cutter wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 18:57:
ASeven wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 16:21:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 26, 2015, 16:15:
These Forbes blog things lend a bit of authority/professionalism where they shouldn't. Just some blogger dude. Not a real "Forbes" article.

He is absolutely correct in his assessment of the situation though.

No he's not and neither are you. Just don't use the Steam store in that case, plenty of other sites to grab mods from. Problem solved. This is a total non-issue, and it's laughable some of you are trying to turn it into one like this ridiculous op-ed.

This from the Blue's News' resident king of hyperbole.

I actually think he's right. That said, I don't think paid mods will take off even if it works for skins/maps. It's just too stupid of an idea.
News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
23. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 24, 2015, 13:47 shinchan0s
LanikTnt wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 17:58:
I'm pretty positive I'm in the minority on this, but I really don't want a WH RTS game. I'd rather have a turn-based version that's a pretty faithful conversion of the miniatures game.

I like:
* Building an army under a certain number of points and having to decide my strategy before the battle ever starts
* Not getting new units and having to work with what I got
* Going through the different types of turns (move, attack, magic)
* Formations, flanking
* Using structures defensively (as opposed to something in my way)
* Gambling on distance to strike or retreat

Why can't they make a game like this?

It would eat into Games Workshop's minatures sales. A $50 game could replace thousands of dollars worth of codexes, paints, and minis. It was amazing that they let SSI get away with it in Final Liberation and Chaos Gate.
News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
22. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 24, 2015, 13:07 shinchan0s
NKD wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 21:50:
Not 40k, not interested.

Neh, speak for yourself . I'm skeptical, but excited. WHFB was my first love (High Elves) and the only RTS games in that universe are Dark Omen and (eccchhh) Mark of Chaos. 40K fans have plenty of options.
521 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News logo