Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Doug

Real Name Doug   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nemesis
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 8, 2004, 21:50
Total Comments 14 (Suspect)
User ID 22253

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
74. Re: Back to our BN stuff Jan 13, 2005, 17:22 Nemesis

Hope the sequel (if there is one ever made) is like Alien vs. Aliens. Less atmosphere, more violence.

I think it would be a great idea to just have no people in it, just have the predators go to the alien homeworld. No cheesy dialogue, just sound effects and music.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

68. Re: Back to our BN stuff Jan 13, 2005, 17:05 Nemesis

Speaking about (probably) bad movies, when is AvP coming out on DVD?

I must be a glutton for punishment to mention that one here.

That's was a pretty lame movie. I think I was just disappointed cus it had the potential to be so much more.
spoiler:
Also I can't beleive that girl didn't ask for a ride home at the end. I mean f**k some staff, she frickin' stranded in the middle of antartica.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 17:07.

65. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 13, 2005, 16:57 Nemesis

You see, now that's what I call a conspiracy theory. Thanks Joseph...

58. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 13, 2005, 16:41 Nemesis

The numbers I found (not saying these are end-all accurate) is about 9 deaths per year not by natural causes or incurable diseases per 1,000 people, in the age range of our average solider in the war. We will round it up for simplicity’s sake and remember the following figure is a little high. ~9 Deaths per 1,000 people for 200,000 people = 1800, per year . This war has been going on longer than a year.

I real sorry that all the kids down in compton are shooting eachother but I still don't think soldiers are safer in iraq than in the US.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 16:41.

55. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 13, 2005, 16:26 Nemesis

That statement of yours is also made in a rather spin oriented fashion to intentionally attempt to sway the reader's opinion with emotion.

I confess... Your right, that was pretty cheap. As a member of the US military myself though, I feel somewhat entitled to make cheap preachy statements like that.

Also I admit that alot of the guys on the infantry are just rednecks who want to legally shoot people and glad to get the chance.

I have many opinions on the restructuring of the current US gov. I just don't feel like getting into all that today. The system definitly has some problems though.

48. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 13, 2005, 16:13 Nemesis

Conspiracy nut. Move on, nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm hardly a conspiracy nut, but I refuse to believe that all the strategic and economic benifits of this war did not cross someones mind up in the white house. That's just being naive.

45. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 13, 2005, 16:00 Nemesis

Enahs...

That's 1355 out of the approx 200,000 that have rotated through iraq or about .7% not to mention the casualtys by the way. Are you really suggesting that more US soldiers would be dead if they were stationed back here in the united states. You have to realize that is false. I don't have a stat for approx how many active duty us soldiers die per year when we aren't at war but I'm pretty confident it has to be less. Please actually think before you speak next time.

Also my point was more about the number of iraqi deaths we have caused directly or indirectly.

I do agree with your statement on Bush however. It's pisses me off to see him and his cronies duping the majority of the american population though. It you want to go to war at least have the decency to give the real reasons.

41. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 13, 2005, 15:28 Nemesis

Just some stats to back up my point...

estimates range from 10,000 to 30,000 [iraqis] killed since the United States invaded in March 2003 - from San Deigo Tribune

Currently we are up to 1355 dead US soldiers. Soldiers who signed up to defend their country or maybe just for some money to go to college, dead. All so the rich could get richer.

I believe the death total from all the september 11th attacks combined was only something like 3000. Just for comparison. I don't mean to imply that the two are in any way related.

36. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 13, 2005, 14:54 Nemesis

Wow, Brian, you are insane. Attempting to stop individual terrorist attacks is not even comparable to invading a sovriegn nation because at some point in the future the might give the WMDs that they might have to a terrorist who might then kill some americans. It's complety backwards and much much more than that needs to happen in my opinion before we start a war. That's right we "started a war". People died and are still dieing. Get a clue.

30. Re: Croc Attack Dec 15, 2004, 14:04 Nemesis

BTW, checkout the fireworks war on the same site:

God I miss being young and stupid.
It's looks like so much fun , but all I could think watching it was "Somebody is going to lose an eye or something".

Sigh...

46. Re: Marine chooses wedding ring... Dec 13, 2004, 15:19 Nemesis

I can just picture this coming up in future domestic disputes.

"I cut off my finger for you and you can't even have dinner ready for me when I get home from work!!!"

19 yrs old and in the military. Odds are pretty damn good he's going to get divorced. Sucks for him I guess...

103. Re: guns Dec 10, 2004, 17:46 Nemesis

I'm not suggesting assasinating anyone. I just worry with all this "war on terror" stuff going on. I just don't want to wake up one day in a police state. My personal freedom is worth a few accidental gun deaths.

On the crime thing I guess shooting them in the leg is fine. If I just whip out my gun and they piss themselves and runaway, I'm not going to shoot them just so they can get hauled off to jail. I should have specified killing I guess. Killing someone for breaking and entering is a little harsh.

'better luck defending yourself in court with a "civil liberties" defense'

Don't worry they'll never take me alive
This comment was edited on Dec 10, 17:55.

101. Re: guns Dec 10, 2004, 17:06 Nemesis

I think your all forgetting the point of gun ownership to begin with. It isn't for hunting and protecting yourselve from thieves. It's a balance to prevent the government from encroaching on your civil liberties. I think there is no need for handguns as they are only used for crime. They should only sell assault rifles. Think about it. It's not as crazy as it first sounds.

Also shooting a guy robbing your house is a little harsh.

44. Re: No subject Nov 8, 2004, 16:52 Nemesis

I pretty sure a fews years passed between steping off the Mayflower and writing the Constitution. So we should clarify which group of people we're talking about here.

14 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo