Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sacrifice
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Reserved and reclusive theist with an interest in theology and philosophy.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 7, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 148 (Novice)
User ID 22244

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeon Party Announced
16. Intriguing May 22, 2008, 18:52 Sacrifice

The name is bad and the MMO tag misleading, never-the-less it could be fun. It looks like a cross between Diablo, Dungeon Keeper, and Spy vs Spy.

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pipemania Remake Announced
1. No subject Apr 14, 2008, 21:48 Sacrifice

I use to play Pipe Dreams on my first computer, it was a fun little game to fill in a bit of time. I wonder if this remake has anything to do with the success of Bioshock. The hacking mini-game is very similar.

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Update Tomorrow
18. Source Engine Tweaks Feb 13, 2008, 22:53 Sacrifice

For those having performance issues, you may want to read through this tweaking guide: http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_1.html

News Comments > Homeworld to Return?
13. Re: What they ought to do.... Nov 5, 2007, 22:54 Sacrifice

I would also like to see a remake of the original story using modern graphics and updated UI. It was the most interesting story of all the games.

And for the record, the graphics for Homeworld were beautiful for their time.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - TimeShift
6. Re: Well.... Oct 31, 2007, 08:42 Sacrifice

"I bought the game months ago because I did a timeshift. I returned the game before I bought it, too."

You are lying! You can only freeze, rewind, or slow down time for a few seconds!

News Comments > Red Alert: A Path Beyond
8. Co-op Sep 16, 2007, 15:49 Sacrifice

Does the original or this version offer cooperative multiplayer? Co-op games are such a rare breed, I am always on the lookout a decent game to play with a friend.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ThreadSpace: Hyperbol
5. No subject Jul 12, 2007, 18:43 Sacrifice

I finally got time to play the demo yesterday evening. However, there was nobody left online to play with. The demo limited you to 4 hours of online gameplay. I assume most people had already used up their game time since the demo had been released a few days back.

I was considering buying the game, but now I am not so sure since I never had a chance to truly play the game. I have some reservations on how well the game will play in multi-player.

News Comments > Majesty Acquired
6. Re: No subject Jul 4, 2007, 01:34 Sacrifice

I have to support the game as well. It wasn't an amazing game, but it was different and fun. I would like to see a updated version.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 Plans?
15. Serious Sam 2 was alright May 13, 2007, 17:34 Sacrifice

I played through the game once with some friends. It was a fun multiplayer game, but it quickly becomes repetitive. I wouldn't mind a sequel with a bit more variation.

This comment was edited on May 13, 17:37.

News Comments > X3: Reunion Patches
2. No subject Nov 16, 2006, 21:50 Sacrifice

I've been wanting to play this game since it came out, yet for some reason I never got around to it. Probably a good thing, now I can play a complete game.

News Comments > Seed Buried
7. No subject Sep 29, 2006, 17:26 Sacrifice

The game was unique and interesting. It had potential, it is unfortunate they were forced to release the game way too early. It was horribly unstable and incomplete. It didn't have much of a tutorial or starting area to ease users into the game.

News Comments > Shadowgrounds Patch
1. No subject Sep 7, 2006, 16:39 Sacrifice

This game really needs online or LAN play for me to try it out.

News Comments > Heroes of Might and Magic V Patch
8. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2006, 18:24 Sacrifice

The game does have a few annoying moments. Levels that needs to be completed in a very specific way is definitely one of them. Every map should allow some room to explore and allow multiple strategies to complete the map.

I also don't like how some levels clearly cannot be beaten until you know the layout of the map and need to restart. If you use wise strategies, you should be able to beat a map the first time around.

Despite its flaws I am still enjoying the game. There are some unique and fun levels. I find the story somewhat interesting, though not epic by any means. I am about 75% of the way through the game.

So far the level that Space Captain mentioned is definitely one of the most difficult levels. It took some time, but I was able to get by it. According to the patch notes, they have reduced the strength of the main hero on that map. The hero was the problem, the rest of the map is not hard once you get by him.

News Comments > Warcraft Movie Plans
14. Re: No subject May 9, 2006, 11:18 Sacrifice

They should scrap plans on making this a live-action film and instead use the same team that makes the cinematics for Blizzards games.

Well, if they use the same cinematographer(s) as the cinematics, they could get the same look and feel with a live action film. Let us hope this is the case!

News Comments > Fury Announced
10. MMO #32709 May 5, 2006, 22:08 Sacrifice

Next please.

News Comments > Heroes of Annihilated Empires Beta
3. No subject Apr 27, 2006, 01:49 Sacrifice

I thought it looked good too. That was a disappointment.

News Comments > Seed Open Beta
8. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2006, 04:53 Sacrifice

I am in the closed beta. Really, it should be called a closed alpha. The game is still in a primitive state. The UI is unfinished and the game is unbelievably laggy. There is a lack of sound in many areas. The currently available gameplay is rather dull.

The game has some great ideas, but it is going to fail miserably because they are releasing it too soon. People will play it for a few minutes and never come back. It shouldn't be released for at least another 6 months.

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 05:01.

News Comments > Heroes of Might and Magic V Demo
74. Campaign Complaints Apr 14, 2006, 04:30 Sacrifice

I didn't play the beta. I find the graphics, sound, and interface in this demo to be excellent. The campaign is a little annoying though...

I play the initial mission available in the demo: Mission 5. One of the first things I do is check the scenario objectives:

1. Take over a town within 7 days.
2. Save a girl.

No problem. I head in the general direction of the town while buying an item from a shop in the area and killing everything in my path. I reach the town, kill the guards, and take it over. Not long afterwards I rescue the girl entirely by accident. Wow, easy so far, but I don't have many creatures or money left after fighting and buying everything. Before I have time to replenish my forces or build up my town, the evil red player quickly arrives and kills me.

No problem, I think it got the strategy now. The girl triggers the red player to attack the town, so I wont rescue her right away. I will explore while building up my town and forces first. Turn 8: "You lose". What do you mean I lose?! How did I lose? Apparently you need to save the girl in less than 7 days as well. Nowhere does it say this, thanks for the warning!

Round 3: Head straight to the town so I can start building immediately. Trying to get enough gold and materials to build my town, but I miscalculate how much time I have to rescue the girl, and lose again. Okay, my fault.

Round 4: Make some progress, but still die defending the town. Can't seem to build up my forces or defenses fast enough to win.

Round 5: Tomorrow after getting some sleep.

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 04:38.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Auto Assault
17. Re: Mmmmm.. paying for adware... Apr 13, 2006, 13:48 Sacrifice

I played Auto Assault during a weekend beta and the recent free preview. While I enjoyed the game, I didn't enjoy it enough to buy it and pay monthly.

If the game drops down to a bargain bin price sometime, I may buy it and play it for the free month.

News Comments > Shadowgrounds English Demo
10. Re: No subject Feb 2, 2006, 19:26 Sacrifice

Can the full game (and demo) be played co-op over the Internet or LAN? The web site for Shadowsrounds says that it can be played co-op on the same computer, but never officially says that it can in fact be played via LAN or Internet.

148 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo