Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Steve

Real Name Steve   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sacrifice
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Reserved and reclusive theist with an interest in theology and philosophy.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 7, 2004, 01:16
Total Comments 145 (Novice)
User ID 22244

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed?
5. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed? Apr 12, 2014, 12:36 Sacrifice

I've always liked the Civilization series, but the civilizations felt out of place during certain eras. Seemed odd having the Montezuma or some ancient leader in modern times.

I'd like to see a civilization game that is set on another planet with completely random and unique civilizations that are not based on anything on earth. Perhaps that is where this is going?

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Asheron's Call Future Updates "Limited"
1. Wow Mar 4, 2014, 09:59 Sacrifice

I remember playing this way back when they had a "free weekend". Didn't realize it was still around.  

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

News Comments > Tropico 5 Beta Signups; Testing Next Month
8. Re: Tropico 5 Beta Signups; Testing Next Month Feb 26, 2014, 18:39 Sacrifice

I am disappointed to read the negative comments. I enjoy city building games and I enjoyed the Tropico series so far. I was looking forward to Tropico 5. Hopefully this beta test will fix the major issues.

I thought Tropico 4 was okay. Graphically, it did feel like Tropico 3 with a slightly new coat of paint. I mainly didn't like how it forced you to perform certain tasks before it revealed your ultimate objective. I much preferred knowing the main objective immediately and then achieving it as I pleased.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall Delayed; Preorders Underway
5. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall Delayed; Preorders Underway Jan 28, 2014, 11:12 Sacrifice

Haven't played this yet, does the expansion expand upon the original campaign as well? Improved UI or enhanced features?  

News Comments > New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers
13. Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 13:41 Sacrifice

I've also had the problem with the newer drivers locking up my system entirely and forcing a hard reboot. The problem is still present by the looks of the GeForce community forums. I will hold off again.  

News Comments > Tropico 5 Announced
16. Re: Tropico 5 Announced Aug 15, 2013, 12:59 Sacrifice

LittleMe wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 12:20:
I'm disappointed that there's no mention of zombies in this highly anticipated sequel. Okay some Tropicans walk around like zombies but that's different.

I know this is a jab at the seemingly endless release of zombie games, but a zombie disaster on one map could be fun (instead of rebels). Zombies partially come out of Haiti folklore after all.

News Comments > Tropico 5 Announced
13. Re: Tropico 5 Announced Aug 15, 2013, 11:50 Sacrifice

I like the Tropico series.

However, my major complaint for Tropico 4 was how it forced you to complete mini-missions before revealing the main mission. It was more scenario based and it sort of forced you to play a certain way. I preferred the sandbox style of Tropico 3: One main objective that you can complete in your own way.

I am worried that Tropico 5 is pushing that further: one long scenario.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2013, 11:57.

News Comments > Steam Game Resale EU Court Case This Year?
23. Re: Steam Game Resale EU Court Case This Year? Jul 21, 2013, 17:25 Sacrifice

I've got too many games in my Steam library. It would be nice to have the ability to sell some of them with a percentage going back to the service (Steam) and the game developer.  

News Comments > The Walking Dead: 400 Days Tomorrow
4. Re: The Walking Dead: 400 Days Tomorrow Jul 2, 2013, 10:57 Sacrifice

ItBurn wrote on Jul 2, 2013, 10:49:
It won't save my progress after I finish episodes... So all my choices aren't kept. DON'T try to help me debug this, I've spent a lot of time on that myself, even with support and I refuse to spend more on it.

I had the same problem going from episode 4 to episode 5. It made for a disappointing conclusion to a great game.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Trailer
5. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Trailer Jun 12, 2013, 08:32 Sacrifice

I enjoyed both Arkham games. I was concerned about Origins with the change of developer, but it is looking good. I like the idea of exploring Gotham and meeting classic villains for the first time.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior "Reimagining" Announced
12. Re: Shadow Warrior May 9, 2013, 23:59 Sacrifice

I am skeptical as well. Still, a Batman: Arkham Asylum style game with a satirical Kung-Fu flavor could be interesting.  

News Comments > Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP
7. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 16:45 Sacrifice

I am not usually one to play HD remakes, but the original is a game I would like to play with such upgraded graphics.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3
16. Re: Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3 Mar 18, 2013, 13:29 Sacrifice

There is some negativity in this thread, but it seems mostly based on previous headsets. It is always good to wait for official reviews and pricing, but the initial reactions to the Oculus Rift are positive:

I might not buy the initial model, but once the tech matures and many games support the device, I would definitely buy one.

News Comments > Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter
4. Re: Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter Mar 10, 2013, 18:36 Sacrifice

I would prefer to see an HD upgrade of the original Homeworld. It was amazing its time. Interesting story.  

News Comments > Anomaly 2 Announced
3. Re: Anomaly 2 Announced Feb 28, 2013, 13:25 Sacrifice

I liked the first game as well. I'd also be up to trying a bigger and refined sequel.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced
14. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced Feb 21, 2013, 13:18 Sacrifice

I took my time playing through the Legend of Grimrock and really enjoyed it. I look forward to the next one. There is some excellent user created content to play in the Steam Workshop. It should satisfy some dungeon crawling urges until the sequel is released.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 7, 2013, 12:02 Sacrifice

Most people have an older computer that runs well enough for their needs. Tablets are still relatively new to the market and people are still buying them for the first time.  

News Comments > New Kickstarter Seeks to Race Back to the 90s
2. Re: New Kickstarter Seeks to Race Back to the 90s Jan 22, 2013, 09:23 Sacrifice

The screenshots (or mockups) are spot on for the 90s look.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Hints
5. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 02:42 Sacrifice

I really enjoyed Legend of Grimrock. I took my time with it, investigating every corner and trying to solve every puzzle.

I look forward to more official content. That being said, I hope it is a standalone expansion. I am not sure I want to play through the same levels again with a few more options.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Announced
20. Re: Dirty Bomb Announced Nov 29, 2012, 20:07 Sacrifice

I also fell for the Brink hype-machine. Their first and perhaps last great game was Enemy Territory.  

145 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo