Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warskull

Real Name Warskull   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 29, 2004, 16:20
Total Comments 443 (Amateur)
User ID 22169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > More Valve Layoffs
13. Re: More Valve Layoffs Feb 14, 2013, 00:00 Warskull

ViRGE wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 21:42:
I appreciate Valve's right to privacy in this matter, but I can't help but wonder. Valve has never had a large layoff like this before; and if Gamasutra is right, it's apparently not across any single division. Valve should be rolling in money, so either their finances aren't as strong as we think, or something is afoot.

You don't mass fire people when things are good.

Perhaps their hardware projects were simply going to cost grossly more than anticipated. Their cashflow can't be bad with their domination of the PC market. However, it is possible their reach exceeded their grasp. The hardware project may have cost more money and manpower than they were willing to invest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:19 Warskull

nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 09:32:
New Achievement: The Tears Of Pitchford - take to twitter and let Randy know what you think of his game.

Apparently so much of it was outsourced to various other studios it is barely able to be called a Gearbox game. Time gate supposedly did almost all the single player.

News Comments > Impire Preorders
4. Re: Impire Preorders Feb 5, 2013, 13:08 Warskull

Keith wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 12:16:
Looks to be closer to Dungeon Keeper than any of the other recently released "dungeon master" type games. I'm always sketchy about Paradox games though. I'm not sure how the developer - publisher balance works out, but it usually seems like I'm left holding the proverbial bag with a shoddy product.

Paradox is a great publisher, but they give their developers a ton of freedom. So you really have to go with the developer's track record on this one.

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Alpha Access
14. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 13:34 Warskull

w00tie wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 09:57:
I like the Enemy Territory games. But everything they've done since then has been garbage.

In the case of Brink it was a whole new level of garbage. That was one of the most unfinished, half assed games I have ever seen. Brink was terrible.

News Comments > War of the Roses: Kingmaker Edition; DLC; and Free Version All Planned
1. Re: War of the Roses: Kingmaker Edition; DLC; and Free Version All Planned Feb 1, 2013, 09:49 Warskull

The game has been dead since November, it doesn't even pull down enough players to register on steam stats anymore. Plus Chivalry is superior in every single way.  

News Comments > Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale
12. Re: Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale Jan 25, 2013, 10:13 Warskull

Go try the game, right now. It is worth every penny at $12.49. Team Objective mode is great, it is Like Wolfenstein:ET with medieval weaponry.

If you try it, you will probably buy it.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Double XP Weekend
8. Re: MechWarrior Online Double XP Weekend Jan 16, 2013, 20:18 Warskull

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 21:51:
Anyone playing this? Hows the grind friendo?

2012 saw the release of several tantalizing free to play games but unlike pringles you generally can only grind through just one. Planetside2, Tribes Asc, or this?

Initially it is pretty nasty. It takes quite a few games to buy a mech. Even the starter boost leaves you shy. However, once you get a few good mechs you end up having more than you need. There is less demand to keep buying the latest super-overpowered hero like other free to play games.

The comments about netcode are dead on. Netcode is currently this games weakest point. High speed light mechs are near invincible because of lag.

News Comments > Edge: Valve, Mojang "Greatest Developers"
49. Re: Edge: Valve, Mojang Jan 14, 2013, 19:08 Warskull

Beamer wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 14:08:
Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 14:05:
I had to google "Platinum Games" since I had no idea what games they made. Now that I did I have even less of a clue why they were even included in the list at all, much less in the #4 spot.

Likewise. But I do know IGN slaughtered Anarchy Reigns, their one 2012 title.

Anarchy Reigns is disappointing. The single player has been pretty bad so far. I am hoping the multiplayer is better when I get into it.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Second Wave DLC
2. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Second Wave DLC Jan 8, 2013, 10:12 Warskull

I would say maybe between 1 in 3 and 1 in 5 in my experience. I had quite a few running around. Did you test all 30?  

News Comments > THQ Investors Call Shenanigans
17. Re: THQ Investors Call Shenanigans Jan 4, 2013, 11:31 Warskull

Current management is trying to salvage THQ as a company after previous management and the investors destroyed it. They know THQ can be profitable. It just wasted a bunch of money on stupid things like UDraw.

Investors want to chop the company up and cut their losses. In the short term it is worth more money, but in the long term a healthy THQ would probably be worth more.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans Jan 3, 2013, 23:21 Warskull

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 21:29:
An exploit is just a cheat that isn't detected until somebody reports it. People who get banned for exploiting aren't your average player who might stumble across something like that, benefit from it, and then think "WTF?" and maybe try to do it again once or twice... You have assholes who will figure something like that out, or hear about it from their asshole buddies, then spend EVERY WAKING MOMENT abusing it to their gain, knowing full well it could be reported and fixed at any moment.

Exploits are in the game, part of the game, they are due to developer error. Cheating is more using something outside the game like a hack to gain an advantage.

The nanny culture of MMOs is detrimental to the games themselves, particularly the PvP environment. There are tons of things the interact in ways even the developers did not necessarily expect.

For the more extreme levels of economic damage, the developer should have tools to limit and repair the damage. The reason the did all the banning early on is because they lacked these tools and had no other way to manage it.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Tech Bits
6. Re: New Year's Eve Tech Bits Jan 1, 2013, 18:24 Warskull

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 12:18:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

When something can out perform the PC, then and ONLY mother f**king then will there be no need for the PC. Until then, good luck playing Far Cry 3 on your phone b*tch!

Don't forget the whole keyboard+mouse thing. For people who are trying to do actual work on a PC.

News Comments > New Content Blooms in War of the Roses
4. Re: New Content Blooms in War of the Roses Dec 21, 2012, 18:32 Warskull

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 22:27:
Which of the two is better? This one or that Conquest one?

Chivalry is probably the best melee game on the market right now. War of the Roses is an absolutely terrible game. The only thing it has going for it is the art.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 14, 2012, 23:06 Warskull

Cutter wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 10:46:
Kato: Kurisu-san suggested we study different types of penises in order to create figure out the relative shape and size people would draw. We spent a week doing that before we realized that we should have been looking at drawings of penises rather than real-life pictures. (laughs) We were very embarrassed about that.

Suuuuure you were, fellas! It's ok, you don't need to rationalize it. Swing however you like, baby!

Play4Real is fake news, it is like a poorly written Onion about games.

News Comments > Creative Assembly Making Warhammer Games
7. Re: Creative Assembly Making Warhammer Games Dec 6, 2012, 11:52 Warskull

PHJF wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 11:06:
Nobody FUCKING CARES about WH, do 40K and do it more justice than that PIECE OF SHIT SPACE MARINE.

THQ has the 40k license locked down and they have Relic make all the 40k games. Since they are both sinking ships don't expect anything. Although if THQ finally does go under the IP might get freed up.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2
34. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 13, 2012, 03:28 Warskull

finga wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 23:58:
Yes. Even PC gamers. It's actually really good, and I found it to be better than most of these four-player cooperative survival modes out there, with the possible exception of the Left 4 Dead games. I got bored of it after a few weeks, but that's still far longer than most games' Firefight/Horde-type modes got out of me.

Hence why my response to the question of "how should we make ME4 better" is fire yourself and let the multiplayer team handle this one.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2
22. Re: Mass Effect 4 Uses Frostbite 2 Nov 12, 2012, 23:34 Warskull

Quboid wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 22:20:
Pete wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 22:10:
Worth it if you find it cheap. Great game with a shitty ending.

What ever happened to them patching the ending?

Before I played it I thought the reaction was ridiculous but wow, they really did stuff that up so badly.

The ending is still stupid and makes no sense. They just added exposition, which makes it feel a bit less bad.

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
13. Re: Diablo III Bans Nov 9, 2012, 12:38 Warskull

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:23:
Darks wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 11:09:
Banning people or using a camera mod is such bullshit.
Don't really know anything about the camera hacks, but if as the tidbit says it allowed the killing of mobs outside the "range at which AI is triggered." Then I'd say it should be a ban-able offense.

This is more of another way the Diablo 3 devs failed to me. Why wouldn't you put a catch in so if a monster gets damaged their AI turns on.

News Comments > BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic
20. Re: BioWare Mythic Now Just Mythic Nov 8, 2012, 14:36 Warskull

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 12:39:
Bioware fucked up their name with Dragon Age II and it's been downhill ever since. EA has managed to screw up nearly every franchise they own.

They are in a precarious situation. DA2 poisoned the dragon age name and DA3 will suffer for it. The Old Republic did massive damage to the Bioware name and ME3 ended the series, did even more damage to Bioware's name, and damaged the Mass Effect franchise. I think their only move right now would be making KotoR 3 and doing it right.

It is also a little ironic, because ME3 should have been the best in the series. It had the best gameplay, but they screwed up the writing so horrifically and the ending so badly it soured the entire game.

Anyways, I see layoffs in Mythic's future. After Warhammer Online and TOR a 3rd MMO isn't really an option.

News Comments > Hawken's 10M Player Target
16. Re: sad really... Nov 5, 2012, 11:51 Warskull

Fantaz wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 11:02:
I can't believe how over-ambitious these indie guys think they are... This doesn't look like the next Minecraft...

It is a good game, fun to play. The combat is solid. That's the core you need for a successful competitive game. However, 10 million is a pretty astronomical number. You need a lot of luck to get that far.

Riot Games or Blizzard probably couldn't replicate the success of LoL and WoW, even with all the extra money they got from their success.

I suspect this may be just telling investors what they want to hear.

443 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo