Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warskull

Real Name Warskull   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 29, 2004, 16:20
Total Comments 448 (Amateur)
User ID 22169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands Net Fixes Planned
12. Re: Borderlands Net Fixes Planned Nov 23, 2009, 15:53 Warskull

The game itself is excellent, there are just a number of things that really show that the PC is more of an afterthought. For example options to disable mouse smoothing, enable/disable vsync, and enable/disable VOIP are not in the menus, but available in the .ini files.

Gamespy sucks, but it sounds like from the interview they probably won't use gamespy again. The online issues are by far this game's worst problem.

They don't treat the PC platform as poorly as many other developers, but they still leave some things to be desired.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse
15. Re: Warlords Battlecry III and Impulse Nov 21, 2009, 13:53 Warskull

Brad seems like quite the asshole

That's because he is an asshole. If you remember back to that horrible failure of a game called Demigod, they just eventually gave up and started banning and forcibly refunding people for complaining that the game was not working. Then they played the victim. May I point out that even EA hasn't been bad enough to do something like this.

Used car salesmen don't expect people to love them when they sell lemons.

Stardock is all talk. Their actions do not show a company who is pro-consumer.

News Comments > Why Alganon Resembles WoW
4. Re: Why Alganon Resembles WoW Nov 14, 2009, 15:01 Warskull

When a dev says "It's not a WoW Clone" that means its a WoW clone.  

News Comments > Capcom Profits Up, Square Enix Outlook Down
2. Re: Capcom Profits Up, Square Enix Outlo Oct 30, 2009, 13:02 Warskull

Either that or they paid out a lot of premium severance packages.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - League of Legends
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - League of Legends Oct 27, 2009, 14:34 Warskull

I wouldn't waste your money on it anyway. They released it extremely half finished and haven't got the shop working yet. The "collectors pack" does nothing for you right now. The whole limited time for unlocking all champions is because their unlocking system isn't working yet.  

News Comments > More Fallout Legal Fallout
11. Re: More Fallout Legal Fallout Oct 17, 2009, 16:51 Warskull

BTW, the only reason fallout IP is a huge business is because Beth made it that way. Interplay canceled several fallout games in the works, and was trying to screw the franchise up turning it into a BoS kinda thing, rather than a real fallout game.

No, the reason the Fallout business is so big is because the original fallout games were amazing and built a huge name for the IP. Many people would not have bothered with fallout 3 if it was the same game under a different name. Personally, I was very disappointed with how incredibly buggy Fallout 3 was.

News Comments > DotA Developer to Valve
12. Re: DotA Developer to Valve Oct 6, 2009, 15:19 Warskull

Even Demigod, which is a DotA clone has a pretty bad community.

Demigod has a shit community because they released what can only be described as a barely functional game, then failed to fix it. The community understandably got angry. Stardock shilled all of them.

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live
8. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 9, 2009, 15:01 Warskull

Not only do they charge you per adventure, they charge you too keep leveling up. Every 4 levels they make you pay to continue leveling. This fee is for each character.  

News Comments > Demigod Demo
15. Re: Demigod Demo Jul 30, 2009, 15:06 Warskull

It is not worth playing, they failed in every way possible with Demigod. Wait for its competition, League of Legends will be free and Heroes of Newearth probably won't be more than $30. Demigod is $40 and can barely be described as functional or complete.  

News Comments > Mythic to Help on The Old Republic
11. Re: Mythic to Help on The Old Republic Jul 8, 2009, 14:35 Warskull

Yep. I believe my comment a few weeks ago, with the news of Bio/Mythic being merged, was something along the lines of "nothing good can come out of this" and I stand by that.

I completely agree, no good can come of this. I can only hope they keep Mythic people on a short, short leash.

News Comments > Demigod Patched
12. Re: Demigod Patched Jun 25, 2009, 03:01 Warskull

This game's community is dying out sadly, the launch period and negative buzz really ravaged it. I used to get games fairly quickly but now I can sit around waiting for 5-10 minutes sometimes and the bitching on the forums about the connection issues never ends. They really needed an open beta for this game, kind of boggles the mind why they didn't bother.

Of course the game is dying. It is a bad game. Their release was a total failure with the multiplayer component not working. It took them months to even begin to get the game working. On top of it all, they have never really hammered out their connection problems. Time to move on and wait for someone else to come along and make a good game like this.

News Comments > Demigod Coupons Ship & Patch Plans
2. Re: Demigod Coupons Ship & Patch Plans May 24, 2009, 12:56 Warskull

The game is a waste of money at this point. It was released in a horribly buggy state and its been over a month and it is still in a state that can hardly be called release ready. Even at half off this game is a still a buggy rip-off.

The coupon system is also kind of insulting to players who stood by them too. Their thanks to players who stood by them is a thinly veiled marketing attempt. Being asked to shill a still defective product on friends isn't exactly my idea of an apology.

News Comments > More Fallout 3 DLC Possible
20. Re: More Fallout 3 DLC Possible May 14, 2009, 04:50 Warskull

You were only burned by horse armor if you were dumb enough to pay $5 for it. Stop paying for crappy, overpriced DLC and you will stop seeing it.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patch Plans
5. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Plans May 10, 2009, 16:05 Warskull

You can't blame Microsoft for Relic's failings. The bugs at the game's release were there because Relic either didn't bother testing their patches or didn't care. They shouldn't have been in release in the first place. Furthermore, Microsoft doesn't slow the process down a full 2 months. That is just Relic pulling everyone off the project and not putting forward proper effort to fix a critically broken game. THQ is a sinking ship and Relic's quality went down with them.

I would argue this whole thing just says don't buy their games in the future.

7. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Plans May 1, 2009, 20:02 Warskull

According to some post on the Relic News forums from a programmer, the patch is already in late certification.

Yeah, they said that with the pop-cap bug fix, but in reality they never submitted it and it took 2 months to get into the game. Plus they have a tendency to not test their stuff and introduce horrible bugs into their game.

News Comments > Demigod Updates
7. Re: Demigod Updates Apr 25, 2009, 02:18 Warskull

Multiplayer is still broken, the patch actually made it worse and had to be partially rolled back.  

News Comments > Demigod Patched
22. Re: Demigod Patched Apr 16, 2009, 15:41 Warskull

Invalid key=pirated copy.

The game checks your CD-key when you install/update a legitimate version. You can't typo it and install it unless you typo to another valid key.

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2009, 15:42.

News Comments > Demigod Early
6. Re: Demigod Early Apr 14, 2009, 00:03 Warskull

I get that Stardock thinks pirates don't buy games...but they don't actually have any evidence to support that belief. I am rather impressed that they are willing to put their money where their mouth is, though. OTOH, so do those companies that do use DRM (put their money where their mouth is, that is).

I think what Stardock believes is "DRM doesn't make pirates buy games." So why bother legitimate users with it, if it isn't working?

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patch Monday
5. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Monday Apr 10, 2009, 15:06 Warskull

All the screw-ups in DoW II have Relic written all over them. Relic has a history of not testing their stuff and releasing it buggy. Every single patch is a game of "find the new bugs."  

8. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Plans Apr 8, 2009, 15:50 Warskull

This game is an Epic Fail. Another reminder to me to never ever buy games for at least 6 months. I wish I never bought it. I'll probably never look it it again. Kids game anyway.

It's double epic fail. It was released with game breaking bugs and they take a month to apply a crappy band-aid that only half fixes the issue. Two months for a proper patch, and Relic clearly doesn't bother testing their stuff. So the patch will probably break something else (which will take another month or so to get fixed.) The whole time they lied to the community about the patch too.

Relic is a trash dev now.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 2009, 15:51.

448 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo