Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warskull

Real Name Warskull   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 29, 2004, 16:20
Total Comments 443 (Amateur)
User ID 22169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released
2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Earth DLC Released Jul 18, 2012, 14:55 Warskull

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 14:42:
It's impressive to me how much they are supporting the multiplayer in this game. Tons of free DLC it seems like. What's a shame though is how the singleplayer suffered for it.

I finally finished the game a week or so ago. The missions were weaker and obviously designed as multiplayer maps. It also felt shorter and more limited in focus. I played ME2 for 48 hours without DLC but I beat ME3 in 27 hours with the From Ahses DLC and with the best ending.

This is going to happen more and more as time goes by and everything goes as online as possible for financial reasons.

They should just have the multiplayer team design their own game without being held back by the people who screwed up single player.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jul 16, 2012, 17:05 Warskull

avianflu wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 15:15:
3D only looks truly compelling if it encompasses your *full* field of vision.

The 3DS is actually pretty interesting. The 3D effects are done very well in Super Mario 3D Land. That extra sense of depth feels good with the 3D platforming. It just needs some more games.

News Comments > War of the Roses Beta Signups
5. Re: War of the Roses Beta Signups Jul 6, 2012, 12:58 Warskull

Ceribaen wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 12:54:
So pretty much par for the course when it comes to anything attached to Paradox?

Wait until at least 6 months after release and purchase during a sale is basically my rule for anything that they publish.

It really depends on the game and developer. Paradox themselves have been doing fairly good lately (Crusader Kings 2 was very playable 1 month after launch.) This is made by Fat Shark, so it will probably be a buggy mess for a good 6 months.

News Comments > Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World
4. Re: Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World Jul 2, 2012, 22:06 Warskull

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 21:50:
Didn't the same thing happen when they were ready to release Age of Conan?

Age of Conan they ousted the CEO after the game was a disaster and his career as a dev was pretty much over. This seems like the CEO preemptively letting someone take over as CEO because he knows about the incoming train wreck and doesn't want to get blamed for it.

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
23. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jun 30, 2012, 22:58 Warskull

Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 20:14:
The tip of the iceberg. Global class action suits galore to follow not too long from now. I wonder if they still think their always-on DRM and real money bullshit was worth it? Will they in 6 months plus? I know I'd hate to be working for Blizzard these days.

I think that's how the RMAH is going to end. Someone or multiple people people will end up suing Blizzard. It will makes headlines, and new laws will be put in place regarding stuff like this.

News Comments > More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details?
25. Re: More Mass Effect 3 DLC Details? Jun 27, 2012, 12:26 Warskull

Creston wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 11:10:
InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:38:
avianflu wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 10:23:
Already uninstalled. Watched the new ending on youtube. Done.

It will be interesting to see if that Casey guy gets another chance to head on a major game release after all of the kerfuffle.

You mean like after the fucking fiasco of Dragon Age 2?? Oh wait...

Mike Laidlaw is in charge of that, not Casey Hudson. And if I have to say one thing in Casey's defense, it's that he lost his main writer to TOR right as they were getting ramped up for ME3, and he got stuck with Mac "I have a napkin's worth of notes for an ending" Walters.

Creston

That explains a lot. ME3 feels like they completely pulled the explanation for the reaper's out of their ass with no thought. Even in the extended cut the reapers don't make any sense. The new writers probably did pull the explanation out of their ass. Breaking up the ME2 team was clearly an awful idea.

Upon closer examination a lot of ME3's writing and story is just plain weaker than ME2, but the ending really highlighted it all and encouraged the players to look for the flaws. The new ending is watchable, but requires you to ignore the fact that the whole explanation for the reapers and the star child are still retarded.

Multiplayer is kind of fun though.

News Comments > Enter the Dominatrix Cancelled; Saints Row 4 Next Year
23. Re: Enter the Dominatrix Cancelled; Saints Row 4 Next Year Jun 20, 2012, 15:34 Warskull

ASeven wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 13:21:
Beamer wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 13:14:
ASeven wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 12:30:
I'm more worried with THQ surviving one more year, period. THQ announced a few days ago it closed its dev houses in Spain and another country and it's now being hit by multiple class action lawsuits related to uDraw.

I don't think THQ can last much longer, not leaking money like this and getting hit with expensive lawsuits to boot.

Which is a shame, as its last ditch hail mary has been to hire a guy as CEO that is genuinely a good, employee-and-consumer first guy. If anyone would foster good studios and innovative games it's him.
But it may be way too late.

A sad case of too little, too late. They've even sold some of their main IP like UFC as well. Selling IP is a huge red flag, it pretty much tells THQ is in dire straits.

Honestly, if THQ survives until the end of this year it will be a miracle. Unless the new CEO pulls a rabbit out of his ass I can't see THQ being saved at this point.

You know what the worst thing is, when the company inevitable fails they'll blame his humane treatment of employees and customer focused attitude using it as evidence that EA and Activision's models are better. Completely ignoring how THQ got into this predicament in the first place.

News Comments > Forge Details; Interview
2. Re: Forge Details; Interview Jun 18, 2012, 16:19 Warskull

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 13:46:
Nice visuals but these sorts of games are always and only about griefing.

It is instanced PvP and he quotes GW1 and TF2. It sounds more like arena based PvP and less like the open world griefing.

News Comments > "38 Studios Spouse" Speaks
17. Re: Jun 13, 2012, 16:19 Warskull

1AngryGamer wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 14:59:
Im hoping this brings then entire MMO clone industry to a standstill and forces people to think about releasing shit games

Like Guild Wars 2 will be

It won't, the words MMO makes investors go a bit stupid. They immediately start thinking they could be making WoW money without realizing how many MMOs crash and burn, many die before they even make release. The only really successful MMO I can think of after WoW is LotRO which managed to forge a PvE niche for itself.

But he needs to have broken a law to be a target. Starting a business, running it poorly and having it go out of business isn't a crime, if it was no one would ever start a business. Yes, there may be some civil issues that pop up, but on the surface there's not even a hint of a crime committed by Schilling.

If he misled investors on how the business was going it can be a crime. It sounds like employees were misled. Depending on how investments were handled he could be in a lot of trouble. Rhode Island want to save face and I think we might see some of the laws they usually don't enforce be enforced.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
38. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 15:07 Warskull

Luke wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 14:46:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 13:36:
So the auction house allows you to buy items in game? For what purpose? So that you can skip finding those items yourself?

I've never played any of the Diablo titles (or any MMO). But this mechanic sounds strange. Would I play Jagged Alliance and go online and purchase the best weapon right at the start of the game?

Thats how people plays "give me all NOW " there goes the wooow effect when a better item finally drops.....peps are Clown 's
Thats the sideeffect of all that DLC shit peps love so much , "just go buy it"

The game is balanced in a way that the auction house is mandatory for many classes. Especially in hell and infeno mode. If you had the foresight to roll a Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor, good for you. If you picked a Monk or Barb, you will need the auction house to keep the class functional. Decent drops are incredibly rare and act II tends to ramp up the monster power quite a bit. Especially since Monk/Barbs desperately need resists in higher difficulty levels because all the ground effects bypass dodge and armor.

News Comments > Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week
7. Re: Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week May 23, 2012, 00:09 Warskull

Shataan wrote on May 22, 2012, 22:00:
Woohooo... can`t wait! Finally a real Next Gen Mechwarrior. It has been a long wait since Mechwarrior 3.

We've needed one for a long time.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
11. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 12, 2012, 22:26 Warskull

They added that due to complaints from the readers and they still don't mention that the think tank is funded by the groups it is arguing for.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Video Blowout
24. Re: MechWarrior Online Video Blowout May 10, 2012, 19:10 Warskull

Jerykk wrote on May 9, 2012, 23:13:
RollinThundr wrote on May 9, 2012, 22:43:
Cutter wrote on May 9, 2012, 22:30:
Nice previews and footage. I'm stoked for this now. It's just a shame it's F2P instead of a full-game with private servers. They monetize ths thing too much and it won't work.

What's sadder is no publisher wanted to pick it up and give us a SP campaign. But I'll take another stab at MPBT, since this pretty much is the spitting image of that game. I think they've already said any paid for stuff would mainly be cosmetic and that they were avoiding any type of P2W type of scheme.

I'm pretty sure you'll still have to unlock different weapons and parts with XP and that they'll sell XP Boosters for real money. That's what every other F2P game does. So while you technically aren't buying these weapons and parts, you're paying for the ability to unlock them much faster than people who don't pay.

The mechlab preview made it look like the previous Mechwarrior games where you buy each mech and each weapon. So if you need 3 Medium lasers, you must buy 3 of them. It looks like CBills with be their "XP."

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Hotfix Patch
1. Re: Crusader Kings II Hotfix Patch May 1, 2012, 13:44 Warskull

Wrong patch, 1.05d is about a week old, 1.05e is the new patch:

v1.05e:
- When you press the claim of a vassal ruler, he should now remain your vassal
- Kingdoms that are not previously de jure part of an empire can now also be assimilated
- AI: Fixed an issue with calling allies into single wars
- Fixed an issue with the regency events
- Fixed numerous typos in the database and event files
- AI: Fixed a bug with rulers being able to nominate dead children to titles, if not of their own dynasty

Source

News Comments > The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access
5. Re: The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access Apr 3, 2012, 10:58 Warskull

Ripperjack wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 10:43:
Age of Conan was a classic Funcom release, a major clusterfuck for the first 6 months, to end up a solid, good game there after.

No, it wasn't! Six months in stats still didn't work, sieges still didn't work, tons of stuff was still broken. In fact after a full year stuff still didn't work.

Anarchy Online was awful at launch, AoC was awful at launch, it is a simple pattern. Never trust Funcom.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes
14. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 20:05 Warskull

Veterator wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 19:51:
Infiltrators have an SMG as primary and a pistol as secondary.

They can unlock a stealth spinfusor, but Im not sure if they get any additional secondary unlocks.

I have seen some people who are amazingly accurate with the SMGs, and sometimes even I shock myself with some luck line ups on hits. But I have suspected some of aimbots when they can dance all over jetpacking up to the ceiling and being blown all over and hitting consistently throughout the fight.

I mean hell half the time when I get blown across the room Im lucky if Im not suddenly shooting the wall instead of in the general direction of the enemy.

If I were going to aimbot using a machinegun, I'd use doombringer...with no reloads and you can do up to 100 damage per bullet. Where as I think the infiltrator does about 75 maximum on it's SMG and like 150 or more with the pistol.

I still haven't figured out how to aim the sniper rifle on the sentinel. Some games I do really well and others Im lucky to hit them once, and Im not sure if that's my lag, their lag, server lag or me just losing my timing. Plus the reticule on that thing often blocks out people you're aiming at due to it's huge crosshairs.

Doombringer has a slower projectile speed than most guns, I don't think most aimbots work with it.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions Announced
18. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions Announced Mar 15, 2012, 18:31 Warskull

Hooray for HD version, boo for highly limited distribution options.  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
31. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 18:33 Warskull

They've improved the game a lot through beta. Right now, their biggest weakness is maps. Most of the maps aren't good some of them are awful. Only Bella Omega has both a flag game and a gen game. Most of the maps the gen rooms are too small and too close to the flag.  

News Comments > Markus Metes Mojang Masses Minecraft Millions
20. Re: Markus Metes Mojang Masses Minecraft Millions Mar 2, 2012, 19:55 Warskull

Dev wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 17:25:
Ruffiana wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 14:22:
Should give this a look see
Interesting.
A comment in that video let me to this, where the beth skyrim team took one week off after shipping the game to add whatever they wanted to the game. They came up with quite a lot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOUCDIP9uV0

I think this is why, at the core, the inde dev model is superior. Smaller teams doing what they want without CEOs or profit getting in the way. It is a whole company that lets people do what they want. If you look at Valve, their entire organization is essentially this, people do what they want. As a result every developer wants to work for valve, the can attract top talent, and they don't handcuff their talent.

I see the inde model as kind of like the winemaker model. Yes, they want to make some money. However, their main goal is to make something awesome and just happen to make a living off of it too. Which is more personally satisfying, making a lot of money or being able to look and say you made something that everyone plays and enjoys. Being able to look at it and really say "this is some of my best work."

News Comments > Reckoning DLC Next Month
6. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 13:17 Warskull

They go ridiculous with Bloom these days. While FOV I feel isn't as much as an issue with 3rd person games like KoA, any FPS on the PC without options to alter the FOV is a crappy console port.  

443 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo