Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warskull

Real Name Warskull   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 29, 2004, 16:20
Total Comments 433 (Amateur)
User ID 22169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week
7. Re: Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week May 23, 2012, 00:09 Warskull

Shataan wrote on May 22, 2012, 22:00:
Woohooo... can`t wait! Finally a real Next Gen Mechwarrior. It has been a long wait since Mechwarrior 3.

We've needed one for a long time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
11. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 12, 2012, 22:26 Warskull

They added that due to complaints from the readers and they still don't mention that the think tank is funded by the groups it is arguing for.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Video Blowout
24. Re: MechWarrior Online Video Blowout May 10, 2012, 19:10 Warskull

Jerykk wrote on May 9, 2012, 23:13:
RollinThundr wrote on May 9, 2012, 22:43:
Cutter wrote on May 9, 2012, 22:30:
Nice previews and footage. I'm stoked for this now. It's just a shame it's F2P instead of a full-game with private servers. They monetize ths thing too much and it won't work.

What's sadder is no publisher wanted to pick it up and give us a SP campaign. But I'll take another stab at MPBT, since this pretty much is the spitting image of that game. I think they've already said any paid for stuff would mainly be cosmetic and that they were avoiding any type of P2W type of scheme.

I'm pretty sure you'll still have to unlock different weapons and parts with XP and that they'll sell XP Boosters for real money. That's what every other F2P game does. So while you technically aren't buying these weapons and parts, you're paying for the ability to unlock them much faster than people who don't pay.

The mechlab preview made it look like the previous Mechwarrior games where you buy each mech and each weapon. So if you need 3 Medium lasers, you must buy 3 of them. It looks like CBills with be their "XP."

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Hotfix Patch
1. Re: Crusader Kings II Hotfix Patch May 1, 2012, 13:44 Warskull

Wrong patch, 1.05d is about a week old, 1.05e is the new patch:

v1.05e:
- When you press the claim of a vassal ruler, he should now remain your vassal
- Kingdoms that are not previously de jure part of an empire can now also be assimilated
- AI: Fixed an issue with calling allies into single wars
- Fixed an issue with the regency events
- Fixed numerous typos in the database and event files
- AI: Fixed a bug with rulers being able to nominate dead children to titles, if not of their own dynasty

Source

News Comments > The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access
5. Re: The Secret World Preorders Include Beta Access Apr 3, 2012, 10:58 Warskull

Ripperjack wrote on Apr 3, 2012, 10:43:
Age of Conan was a classic Funcom release, a major clusterfuck for the first 6 months, to end up a solid, good game there after.

No, it wasn't! Six months in stats still didn't work, sieges still didn't work, tons of stuff was still broken. In fact after a full year stuff still didn't work.

Anarchy Online was awful at launch, AoC was awful at launch, it is a simple pattern. Never trust Funcom.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes
14. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 20, 2012, 20:05 Warskull

Veterator wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 19:51:
Infiltrators have an SMG as primary and a pistol as secondary.

They can unlock a stealth spinfusor, but Im not sure if they get any additional secondary unlocks.

I have seen some people who are amazingly accurate with the SMGs, and sometimes even I shock myself with some luck line ups on hits. But I have suspected some of aimbots when they can dance all over jetpacking up to the ceiling and being blown all over and hitting consistently throughout the fight.

I mean hell half the time when I get blown across the room Im lucky if Im not suddenly shooting the wall instead of in the general direction of the enemy.

If I were going to aimbot using a machinegun, I'd use doombringer...with no reloads and you can do up to 100 damage per bullet. Where as I think the infiltrator does about 75 maximum on it's SMG and like 150 or more with the pistol.

I still haven't figured out how to aim the sniper rifle on the sentinel. Some games I do really well and others Im lucky to hit them once, and Im not sure if that's my lag, their lag, server lag or me just losing my timing. Plus the reticule on that thing often blocks out people you're aiming at due to it's huge crosshairs.

Doombringer has a slower projectile speed than most guns, I don't think most aimbots work with it.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions Announced
18. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions Announced Mar 15, 2012, 18:31 Warskull

Hooray for HD version, boo for highly limited distribution options.  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
31. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 18:33 Warskull

They've improved the game a lot through beta. Right now, their biggest weakness is maps. Most of the maps aren't good some of them are awful. Only Bella Omega has both a flag game and a gen game. Most of the maps the gen rooms are too small and too close to the flag.  

News Comments > Markus Metes Mojang Masses Minecraft Millions
20. Re: Markus Metes Mojang Masses Minecraft Millions Mar 2, 2012, 19:55 Warskull

Dev wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 17:25:
Ruffiana wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 14:22:
Should give this a look see
Interesting.
A comment in that video let me to this, where the beth skyrim team took one week off after shipping the game to add whatever they wanted to the game. They came up with quite a lot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOUCDIP9uV0

I think this is why, at the core, the inde dev model is superior. Smaller teams doing what they want without CEOs or profit getting in the way. It is a whole company that lets people do what they want. If you look at Valve, their entire organization is essentially this, people do what they want. As a result every developer wants to work for valve, the can attract top talent, and they don't handcuff their talent.

I see the inde model as kind of like the winemaker model. Yes, they want to make some money. However, their main goal is to make something awesome and just happen to make a living off of it too. Which is more personally satisfying, making a lot of money or being able to look and say you made something that everyone plays and enjoys. Being able to look at it and really say "this is some of my best work."

News Comments > Reckoning DLC Next Month
6. Re: Reckoning DLC Next Month Feb 29, 2012, 13:17 Warskull

They go ridiculous with Bloom these days. While FOV I feel isn't as much as an issue with 3rd person games like KoA, any FPS on the PC without options to alter the FOV is a crappy console port.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
36. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 15:14 Warskull

WyldKat wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 14:30:
EDIT: Disregard, apparently according to Bioware via Reddit, low-level farming of Ilum is okay.

Unless they decide it isn't. They said if a lowbie goes and opens a chest he won't be banned, but if you repeatedly "exploit" the resources you will be.

That is even worse, if you cross some moving, arbitrary invisible line, they can temp ban you. Basically, you can open chests and you only get banned if they feel like banning you.

Just fix the mechanic, it is so easy. Level limits on the chests, area, scaling the loot to level, ect.

This is the worst of the culture that infests MMOs. If you don't play the way people think you should, you are cheating and should be banned. It is like people who try to put arbitrary "no spawn camping" rules in games. Either the supposed spawn camping isn't a problem or the map is crap and no one should play it.

News Comments > Consolidation
6. Re: Consolidation Dec 30, 2011, 16:47 Warskull

DarkCntry wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 11:59:
Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 10:59:
Is this also a question of poor passwords or actual hacking? If your xbox live account password is 123456 then you're to blame. The password system is there for your protection and is up to you as an individual to maintain a level of security for yourself.

Considering mine was a 16-digit randomized alphanumeric with case-sensitivity password, then I doubt it was due to a poor password. Of course, I am not even sure Live supports case-sensitivity.

As per that article it took me actually contacting the BBB for them to even give me information regarding the status of my migrated account, which over 38 days since I originally involved MS and well past the 25 day statement, had not even been started on the investigation.

Now I've been in contact with them for a couple weeks now with constant updates.

Was there any chance what-so-ever you fell victim to phishing? Microsoft/EA's go to excuse is that the people are victims of phishing. However, a lot of people are saying it is not due to phishing, but some sort of major security flaw with EA's account system.

Both Microsoft and EA deserve the blame for how poorly they have been handling this.

News Comments > EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward
6. Re: EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward Dec 23, 2011, 00:44 Warskull

Nucas wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 23:44:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 21:04:
Normally I like to pick sides when spectating this sort of thing but here I couldn't care less; it's one shitty company suing another shitty company. I suppose I consider EA to be the slightly more shitty company, so I hope it ends up with massive legal bills and huge damages awarded against it.
i've kind of slipped the other way, i hate what i've read of bobby kotick's actions sufficiently to want to see his awful fucking decisions hurt activision. it honestly kind of pisses me off how good MW3 did (how could it not?) and the back patting kotick must have given himself for trying to fuck west/zampella out of their royalties.

Yeah, but EA has the bullshit about banning users from playing games on Origin for forum posts. Heck, someone in the BF3 forums got a lifetime ban because someone cursed him out and used his username in the post.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
40. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 16:25 Warskull

Overon wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:21:
This contest is so convoluted and it just hides the fact that your odds of winning are so low.

No one thinks they have a chance better than winning the lottery or getting hit by lightning. You get good steam deals, maybe some free DLC, and the fact that they add a prizes to their sale is the icing on the cake.

News Comments > Splash Damage's Next Game "One of the Biggest American Pop Culture Brands"
26. Re: Splash Damage's Next Game Nov 17, 2011, 16:56 Warskull

This announcement feels kind of like "You may remember Jack in the Box from that time we gave a bunch of people E.Coli." If you haven't played Brink, yes, it was that bad.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 15:37 Warskull

Making a game that can be played by five year olds, but is still entertaining to an adult is a great piece of design. Think of a Pixar movie vs Dreamworks releasing another Shrek sequel.  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Nov 15, 2011, 16:10 Warskull

Beelzebud wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 12:12:
Rage was definitely the most disappointing game in recent memory. The sad thing is that id has shown no indications that they really care.

They've actually taken the tactic on twitter of feigning ignorance of people having widespread problems.

I'm sure working on rockets in your hobby shop is fun, but when you charge $60.00 dollars for a game, you owe it to the customers to get it working properly. Stop blaming drivers, and other companies, and do your job...

Don't forget Brink, another massively disappointing game.

News Comments > More Fallout Online Legal News
8. Re: More Fallout Online Legal News Nov 8, 2011, 00:38 Warskull

Dev wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 00:03:
As for the bad faith, why in the world would they do that? Beth stands to get 12% royalties per the contract even IF interplay does an MMO, and thats with no risk and no work. Why in the world would they be unhappy if interplay got some investors and got off their butts and did a game and starting kicking them some free money?

Bethesda wants 100% of the Fallout money. They wanted the MMO rights, but they didn't want to pay for them. So they thought they could get them by default with the "must be in development clause." Then they starting throwing lawsuits at interplay, interplay escalated and both sides are now trying to make sure the other side loses all rights.

News Comments > Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Coming to PC
5. Re: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon Coming to PC Nov 7, 2011, 16:51 Warskull

A warning, the campaign is pretty short, criminally short really. It absolutely screams, we left it unfinished on a cliffhanger so we could do DLC and then they never released the DLC to finish the campaign. I wouldn't drop the full $40 on it.  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Nov 2, 2011, 15:43 Warskull

DG wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 11:26:
Somehow a brief review of a comment thread has always told me more than thousands of words on a multi-page in-depth professional review.

Most reviews never really get across well whether the game is fun.

Specifically multiplayer, I don't often see a review get this right. Maybe because many have to review pre-launch, so presumably any play they get is like what you get in closed betas: sterile and uncreative.

Somewhere along the lines the goal of video game writers stopped being informing their readers and they became a PR division of the publishers. I think the internet had a huge part in this because their source of income became ads and it is easy to get hits online, even if you writing quality is crap.

As much as an asshole Jim Sterling can be, I will give him credit for having fairly good taste in games and being one of the few reviewers that will give you an honest, quality review. He's just wasting his breath defending something that doesn't deserve to be defended. People know most of these reviewers are shills and are constantly manipulated by the publishers. If a publisher can demand an 8 why can't the readers?

433 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo