Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warskull

Real Name Warskull   
Search for:
Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:
Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 29, 2004, 16:20
Total Comments 464 (Amateur)
User ID 22169
User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming
6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming Aug 30, 2015, 14:43 Warskull
Krovven wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:41:
A friend has been trying to get me to play it for years. But I never wanted to buy it as I wasn't a big fan of the first one.

Must resist...especially now that Diablo 3 Season 4 has started.

GW2 was not a great game at launch. The PvP was bad and there was nothing to do at the end game. The devs idea of the end game was to have you run around to all the leveling zones you never did and get scaled down so you could try and 100% the game. Most of the end game dungeons were busted and not worth doing. It was a pretty sad state.

However, it was nothing like Guild Wars 1.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Aug 16, 2015, 23:15 Warskull
Axis wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 18:48:
The only "pro" gaming voip out there is Mumble, nothing else comes even close, fact.

When it comes to real time low latency, clarity, usability, and security, nothing beats Mumble.

Curse is likely targeting MMO gamers. In my experience the MMO players are behind the times in voice chat because their games are far less time sensitive than other genres. Meanwhile FPS games tend to jump on the best voice chat options right away because that 0.5s delay is the difference between having time to react and being dead.

Also there are a lot of MMO gamers who are a bit mentally checked out and technically challenged. Every guild has a few they have to deal with.
News Comments > Funcom Seeking Help
9. Re: Funcom Seeking Help Aug 10, 2015, 19:33 Warskull
Funcom truly deserves bankruptcy.

They have produced tons of incredibly buggy, half-baked MMOs. I don't understand how they hung on so long.
News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
42. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 22, 2015, 00:29 Warskull
Jerykk wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 22:27:
Slick wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 22:07:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 21:05:
Slick wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 20:32:
Krovven wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 16:16:
if you had turned it into an RPG, it would have done much better.

yeah, they should have added character progression, weapon unlocks, a dash of DLC and a smattering of pavlovian-response gaming mechanics would have made this a blockbuster hit.

lol, i'm only half joking, you gotta admit that it's pretty funny reading this thread that are all being mostly negative towards these devs for making something that doesn't "fit in" with current gaming tropes.

then every other thread is getting mad at games that only try to fit in with current gaming tropes. it's lose-lose.

and has one of you PLAYED this fucking game? no. but apparently you're all experts on how much it sucks, and how they deserved to fail. from what I've read this game got GOOD reviews from the press, no? how heartless are you fucks?

Nobody's criticizing the game itself. We're criticizing the developer's rant about the game's failure. It makes them sound like they feel entitled to success. Other developers have made similar rants when their games failed and all were met with equal criticism. Tale of Tales made a game that appeals to a very small audience and it sold as any reasonable person would expect it to.

if you read what you just quoted me saying, i was pretty clear:

"it's pretty funny reading this thread that are all being mostly negative towards these devs for making something that doesn't "fit in" with current gaming tropes"

The ire has been almost exclusively towards it being an obviously bad game. Then they get good reviews, sell nothing, go bankrupt, and are sad about it. People are saying that it deserved to fail because it's bad, therefore being sad about going bankrupt is "over the line" and worthy of ridicule.

Almost every post is saying how they're too "hipster", or they're too "niche" in their game design, etc etc. you don't see the irony in this? how many times have you read the words "it's shit, they just cater to the lowest common denominator" on this forum... in the last week?

Now this title gets lampooned for doing exactly the opposite. I swear some of you need to start your own game development studios, as you obviously know exactly what the perfect game is, and apparently no one else "gets it".

Has anyone here (aside from Tipsy McStagger who posted his comment while I was writing this) actually called it a bad game? People have said that the premise doesn't appeal to them but that's not the same as calling it a bad game. I have no interest in truck sims but the Euro Truck Simulator series is apparently good if you like the genre. Sunset might be a fantastic game but it doesn't really matter if nobody likes the premise.

Playing as a housekeeper during a civil war in the 70's holds limited appeal. The sales of the game prove as much. There's nothing wrong with making a game with limited appeal but if you're going to do that, you shouldn't expect great sales. Tale of Tales apparently expected great sales and when they didn't get that, they shut down and wrote an angry rant. That's what people are criticizing.

Games like CoD and AC are criticized for lack of innovation because they get pumped out on an annual basis with superficial changes and no real resolution of each series' fundamental flaws. The key difference between that and Sunset is that critics find the basic premise of CoD and AC appealing. They just don't find the gameplay appealing. Apparently very few people find the premise of Sunset appealing so the gameplay is irrelevant.

I'll go ahead an say it is a bad game and that is a huge part of the problem. It is a very simple adventure game. The gameplay consists entirely of clicking on things and hearing a monologue or seeing some text pop up. There is basically no gameplay. Gameplay videos pretty clearly show it doesn't hold people's attention between the story nuggets. You just kind of walk around a room and click on things, but nothing really happens.

A few quick game play videos show there is little of interest or value. Certainly not enough to justify a $20 price tag.
News Comments > Master of Orion Remake Plans
21. Re: Master of Orion Remake Plans Jun 9, 2015, 18:03 Warskull
Mingus wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 10:56:
Will take a "wait-and-read-the-initial-reviews" approach to this one. I am hopefully optimistic.

I don't have a lot of faith in Wargaming pulling this off. They are only really known for World of Tanks.

However, it would be nice to be wrong on this one.

Darks wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 16:08:
I seriously doubt that. You seem to forget get that they bought out Gas Powered Games. And I happen to know they are working on this game too.

GPG's last couple of offerings have been a bit lacking. Demigod was super terrible, Supreme Commander 1/2 were nothing to write home about. I am not going to hold my breath for a comeback game. It would certainly be great if the studio failing and being bought out led to a reorganization and revitalized the studio. I choose to remain skeptical until I see results.
News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Closed Beta Next Week
4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Closed Beta Next Week May 22, 2015, 01:10 Warskull
HorrorScope wrote on May 21, 2015, 22:12:
Cutter wrote on May 21, 2015, 19:32:
After how bad 6 was they should be begging people to try the beta not asking people to pay for it.

For some reason I see the whole planet just sitting there and waiting for these fucks to actually make another good Heroes game. They simply can't seem to do it. Fumble after fumble.

Ubisoft is a terrible company with god awful management. Their good games are the ones small enough that upper management doesn't take notice and lucky enough not to get randomly screwed over. The second an Ubisoft game sees any measure of success it is doomed.
News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 11, 2015, 22:47 Warskull
jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2015, 19:15:
The players on Team Liquid, a professional League of Legends team, practice for a minimum of 50 hours per week and most play the game far more.

Talk about taking the fun out of something.

It is misguided too, you don't need to play 50 hours a week. Reaching a certain level of play takes a significant time investment. However, once you reach that competitive level of play practicing non-stop loses value rapidly. You still have to practice, but practicing all day isn't necessary.

It would probably benefit them to work some exercise into their routine.
News Comments > Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support
16. Re: Fighting Cities: Skylines Piracy with Customer Support Mar 14, 2015, 21:29 Warskull
ASeven wrote on Mar 14, 2015, 15:12:
And this is how you fight piracy. No mandatory online shit, no DRM shit, just provide a great service and people will have incentive to buy it.

Not that EA or Ubisoft will ever understand this.

It is surprisingly effective too. Tell people you pirate The Witcher and they will call you a number of names. There is a social pressure to not pirate games from good companies.
News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
43. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 14, 2015, 00:45 Warskull
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 18:33:
So I take it that this is a "buy it" game? I looked at it a couple of times, but haven't been sure on grabbing it.

Do you like Simcity 2k, Simcity 3k, and/or Simcity 4? Do you lament how there hasn't been a truly good large scale city builder in a very long time? If so, this is a must buy.

This is basically the next good CitySim.
News Comments > Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox
24. Re: Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox Feb 1, 2015, 12:38 Warskull
Julio wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 05:02:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 17:54:
That's pretty devastating for Borderlands and Gearbox

I'd call Duke Nukem Forever devastating, I think Burch is replaceable.
Videogame writing isn't exactly the pinnacle of the profession.

No one blames gearbox for DNF. It was a well known disaster, they just pushed it out the door because people wanted to see it.

Aliens:CM on the other hand is a huge smear on Gearbox's reputation.
News Comments > Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox
19. Re: Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox Jan 30, 2015, 23:29 Warskull
Icewind wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 23:15:
NKD wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 21:04:
Anthony Burch is a nutjob. Anyone ever look into this guy?

Yeah, I have no idea why everyone here is giving him such praise. I must be following a different Burch on twitter, I guess.

You can be a complete nut job (which Burch certainly is) and still be very competent at something.

If you ever doubt this, take a look a Mel Gibson. He is extra special crazy, but he's made some damn good movies.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
28. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 25, 2015, 10:55 Warskull
loomy wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 10:41:
I wish I liked this game. To me it is everything Guild Wars was meant to NOT be. They sold out to NCSoft to chase WOW.

They didn't sell out. They got poached, very hard. A bunch of the key people behind GW1 left and got jobs elsewhere. They lost all their founders (who invented, they lost key developres (one of which was the lead dev on Starcraft), and they lost a lot of great talent that they brought up.

During GW1 probably had the most talented dev in team out of any MMO out there... by a long shot. NCSoft made some big mistakes promoting people to executive positions that wanted to make games (because they hit the top of the game dev scale.) Those people got bored, left the company, founded new ones, and took all their highly talented friends with them.

This is the real reason MMOs have such a hard time making sequels. The gap between games is massive and the people who made the originally successful MMO become a hot item. Someone offers them a lot of money to work somewhere else. Most companies aren't down with giving gigantic raises, so the employees leave for their new company.

So while the company logo says "Arena.Net" it isn't really the that made Guild Wars 1. It is basically a new company on the inside.
News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta
9. Re: Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta Jan 14, 2015, 11:30 Warskull
Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 11:05:
That's a very good point that I overlooked. HOTS has actual different MAPS with different objectives and everything. It's great. A popular MOBA that is more 'I am not thinking much'-friendly, still has interesting characters and attractive female models, and is generally easygoing? That's why I like it. Nice and slick.

Will still do League now and then though, because League is its own thing.

I really like the pacing of the game too. The maps usually have an objective kick into gear by the 3 minute mark. So your first team fight it very early on. The games tend to run in the 20-30 minute range instead of the 30-50 minute range.
News Comments > Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month
3. Re: Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month Jan 10, 2015, 13:43 Warskull
Kobalt wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 13:29:
Stardock how about you release a game that isn't a buggy mess for once before talking about 3 new games ok?

That's really what they need to get back into the good graces of gamers. We remember Elemental and Demigod.
News Comments > Double Dragon Trilogy Next Week
1. Re: Double Dragon Trilogy Next Week Jan 9, 2015, 10:25 Warskull
Double Dragon 2 was great, Double Dragon 1 was alright, Double Dragon 3 was nearly impossible. DD3 might actually be more enjoyable with an easy mode.

If the games are reasonably priced and the remake is good, I could see this being a worthwhile purchase.
News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 27, 2014, 19:36 Warskull
Kosumo wrote on Dec 27, 2014, 16:45:
Lol Parker, he has made millions and millions from this latest Mega platform - when he was recently in court, it was shown he had made something like over 1 million a week since the FBI closed down his megaupload.

May not be as good as he'd hoped, but the fact is that he can make money.

But thats ok, call him fat and dumb and running a retarded service, I'm sure it hurts him heaps.

Thats right Cutter, you go get them bad hackers and make an example of them. What do you want to do to them? Hanging, lynching or drawn and quatered? Or now about making them clean all the toilets at Microsoft Xbox headquaters and Sony Playstation headquaters for 15 years because now dear someone show up vonrablitys (errors) in their networks that can take them down. It's not thier fault that their networks can be hacked, it's the hackers fault totally for doing it.

Btw Lizard Squad sound like scum which makes me think they have been infortated (gotten into) like the FBI did to lolsec (turned a person on the inside, then got him to get others to do crimes to catch them. i.e. set them up, althought they where hackers to start with) Very scummy, like what I'd expect form the US goverment.

DDOS attacks don't really reveal any vulnerabilities. In fact, Lizard Squad hasn't demonstrated any real hacking ability yet.

A DDOS attack is simply about being able to overload the bandwidth your target has. You can just rent a botnet and have them go to town.

The vulnerabilities are in IE, Java, Flash, and Javascript. The problem is that so many people out there are infected with viruses and available to be used as a botnet.
News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
32. Re: Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam Dec 20, 2014, 13:42 Warskull
Sepharo wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 22:35:
The roll out and support of this game was out of step with the modern multiplayer game.

Should've skipped the publisher, gone free to play with a market around items and events, and continually released new content both minor and major. Basically it should have been CS:GO in all regards but gameplay.

The small amount of players surrounded by AI bots didn't bother me and the map design around this player count was excellent... but part of these hypothetical ongoing updates should have increased the player count with releases of new maps.

I disagree, I don't think he is nearly as talented as he believes. A good deal of luck and marketing was involved with making Call of Duty the juggernaut it became. He needs that marketing push behind his games. I don't think he could be successful as an indie developer.

Titanfall just kind of released, was trendy for a bit, then fell out of favor. People don't really care about it anymore. The kind of games he makes are perfect for a megapublisher who is more concerned with initial sales than long term survival of the game.

He's probably going to spend the rest of his career trying to catch lightning in a bottle again.
News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week
13. Re: Steam Holiday Auction  Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week Dec 12, 2014, 00:12 Warskull
Cards give you next to nothing, the items give you a bit more, about 100 a pop. If you want ot utilize this, you best bet is dumping your cards on the marketplace and then using the steam wallet cash to buy up emoticons, backgrounds, and smilies.

Even easier would just be to buy sacks of gems off the marketplace, they are currently going for 3-4 cents each. Each stack is worth 1,000.

On top of that, you can make booster packs with gems. They are pure profit, buy 1,000 gems for a few cents. Use the games to get a booster pack. Sell the booster pack or cards for anywhere from 5 cents to 50 cents.
News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
24. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 03:29 Warskull
Saboth wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 13:05:
Kobalt wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 12:42:
It's hard to take a award show seriously when it's possible for something that's been out for less then month to win. And useless categories like most anticipated..

That's what I was thinking. Nintendo is developer of the year? Destiny is the best online experience? lol. DA:I certainly sounds like a decent game, but many people are saying it still fell short of the hype, and it is merely "pretty good". That doesn't sound like GotY material to me.
Sounds more like an AAA developer paying someone to be GotY.

Nintendo is one of the ones they got right. Nintendo had an amazing year. Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, DKC:Tropical Freeze, another Pokemon game, Kirby Triple:Deluxe. Plus you have their collaborations like Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors. Nintendo had a great year.

Destiny being the best online experience is an absolute joke. The game's online play was broken.

Dragon Age: Inquisition just shows the people selecting the awards were clearly not qualified. Dragon Age was the best megapublisher game of the year. Between EA, Square-Enix, Ubisoft, and Activision it was the best. However it was still only above average. It was the easy familiar pick for people who had no real knowledge of gaming. They clearly didn't play Bayonetta 2 or Dark Souls 2. Really DA:I was the least worthy of the award from the nominees.

Look at the people they have picking the awards and it will make sense.

A decent chunk of them aren't gamers.
News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
27. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 10:56 Warskull
Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 22:36:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 21:17:
Holy fucking shitballs. I knew it was going to happen. $70 fucking dollars in Canada for it, welcome to '99/2000 all over again. $59 on GMG. Yep...

There's always G2A.

G2A is not a very reputable place to buy keys. It is basically eBay for keys. It is one of the more common places to sell stolen CD-keys or keys farmed from humble bundles.

Stick to GMG or Amazon if your are frugal... or better yet just wait for a Steam Sales. These are Ubisoft games, you already played them last year with slightly different graphics and settings.
464 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

Blue's News logo