Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warskull

Real Name Warskull   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 29, 2004, 16:20
Total Comments 445 (Amateur)
User ID 22169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
27. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 10:56 Warskull

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 22:36:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 21:17:
Holy fucking shitballs. I knew it was going to happen. $70 fucking dollars in Canada for it, welcome to '99/2000 all over again. $59 on GMG. Yep...

There's always G2A.

G2A is not a very reputable place to buy keys. It is basically eBay for keys. It is one of the more common places to sell stolen CD-keys or keys farmed from humble bundles.

Stick to GMG or Amazon if your are frugal... or better yet just wait for a Steam Sales. These are Ubisoft games, you already played them last year with slightly different graphics and settings.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition
27. Re: Gone Gold - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 1, 2014, 04:16 Warskull

While I don't have much faith left In Bioware, I do like that the ME3 multiplayer team has an strong role in this game.

The multiplayer was the best part of ME3.

Privilege Age: Cisquisition

Wonder how many overly-aggressive homosexual characters will be in this one?

It isn't that their homosexual characters are aggressive, they are just terribly written. The whole "everyone wants to sleep with your character regardless of the gender you picked" makes them a bit flat.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
19. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 28, 2014, 11:17 Warskull

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 19:12:
Overon wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 18:41:
Will this game be finally worthy of 40k?

What was wrong with "Dawn of War?"

A lot actually, Dawn of War 2 had some serious problems. They stuck the thing with GFWL, at launch they had a bug where units would permanently consume population cap (this was a very easy to trigger bug too, if you reinforced a squad to max size the last unit would eat that population cap forever), and they had a poorly designed P2P scheme where the second one jackass had their framerate drop everyone would have to wait for them. The game would run at the FPS of the player with the worst computer in multiplayer, otherwise it would get out of sync. They refused to add mechanics to aggressively kick players slowing the game down so every game was played at 10 FPS. It took them over 3 months to fix the issue with population cap, over 3 years to ditch GFWL, and the P2P issues are still in the game today. All this worked together to torpedo what could have otherwise been an excellent game.

Dawn of War 1 was pretty awesome, despite Relic's terrible balance and tendency to leave balance wrecking bugs in the game.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers
21. Re: Xbox One Controller Windows Drivers Jun 5, 2014, 23:35 Warskull

Flo wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 18:14:
But no word on a wireless option, so at the moment, useless for me.

A Wii U Pro controller can be rigged up to work with a PC wirelessly. You can use the Mayflash adapter or with a little effort connect it to your computer's bluetooth connection using the program out there (just search Wii U Pro PC.)

News Comments > Dark Souls II DLC Trilogy Starts Next Month
12. Re: Dark Souls II DLC Trilogy Starts Next Month Jun 5, 2014, 20:11 Warskull

Alamar wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 12:15:
Warskull wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 08:44:
The best description I have seen equates doing pure melee in DS2 to playing without a shield in DS1.

Maybe it's me, or the changes in the game... I would have to play some more DS1 to find out, but I very rarely bring out the shield in DS2... I'm almost always using a power stance (dual wield) build (as opposed to a 2h build, which generally relies on larger, slower, weapons that I don't enjoy).

I also go pure melee almost everywhere... I've never used a herb (which replenishes castings of spells), and even with a ton of attunement/slots, there just isn't many spell uses available, so I 'save them', then end up not using them.

Even my sorcerer is dual wield Blue Flame (a sword that can be used to cast spells).

-Alamar

No you are right, the shield feels much less mandatory in Dark Souls 2. The fact that shields are weaker also helps. Most medium shields are 90% damage reduction. You have to get a tower shield if you want the 100% damage reduction.

Not having a range option on the other hand is downright painful at times. Hence why I compared doing DS2 as melee only to doing DS1 without a shield. DS1 was brutal without a shield.

News Comments > Stardock Working on Eight Games
5. Re: Stardock Working on Eight Games Jun 5, 2014, 08:49 Warskull

Why would you work on eight games simultaneously if you have trouble making one decent game. They have had a string of terrible games (Demigod, Elemental, and the first Elemental expansion) with their crowning achievement being that they finally got Elemental to the state where people would admit that it isn't absolutely terrible anymore. Mind you, it isn't good, just not terrible.

Brad Wardell has always been all talk.

News Comments > Dark Souls II DLC Trilogy Starts Next Month
9. Re: Dark Souls II DLC Trilogy Starts Next Month Jun 5, 2014, 08:44 Warskull

mag wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 01:05:
Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 21:16:
So for those who got this, have you finished it yet? Was it good? Was there any sun praising?

I finished it, really liked it, really doubt I'll get as much play out of it as DS1. Glitches and bad port issues aside, I think DS1 is the better game.

Still, DS2 was worth the purchase and play. I'm at 80 hrs, and I'll probably get a fair number more. I'll probably buy the DLC, too. I just don't think it's going to be 400+ hrs like DS1 was.

It is worth noting that Dark Souls 2 improves upon Dark Souls 1 massively in some ways. Weapon scaling is significant now, a greater variety of weapons is useful, there are fewer "this is total bullshit" spots. It feels like a more fair challenge. The covenants are better designed.

However, at the same time is has some big steps back. Soul Memory is a detriment to the game everywhere except the early levels, They lean too heavily on the "big armored guy boss" so boss variety doesn't feel as good. The game is melee unfriendly and possibly a bit too forgiving to ranged casters. The best description I have seen equates doing pure melee in DS2 to playing without a shield in DS1.

Overall, I agree that Dark Souls 1 was the better game.

News Comments > WildStar Head Start Underway
13. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 1, 2014, 21:26 Warskull

It is nothing special. They vastly underestimated the amount of players, so you will have 2000+ ahead of you in queue. Their solution to this problem seems to be ignore it and hope the players go away.

The game itself feels like an MMO that is already outdated. It follows the WoW model dogmatically, has a mediocre interface, and a lot of poor design. They are very unclear about things. Worst of all it is boring.

I give it 3 months for most players. I would not recommend it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fist of Awesome
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fist of Awesome May 26, 2014, 10:48 Warskull

The art style doesn't really work in this case. Flash is a important in brawlers because the core gameplay is so simple. It doesn't have to be ridiculously high fidelity, but this is oversimplified to the point where it doesn't communicate the action.l  

News Comments > Minecraft Realms Launches in North America
5. Re: Minecraft Realms Launches in North America Apr 24, 2014, 21:08 Warskull

Gas Bandit wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 19:01:
I notice nowhere is there any indication of max simultaneous players. For $13/mo, you can get hosting already that starts to kinda get hokey around 4 or 5 simultaneous players, depending on what they're doing.

Last item on the list, 20 players may be granted access and 10 may play simultaneously. Sounds like it has automatic back-up and a restore feature too.

I could see this being a popular product. Easy Minecraft hosting. 10% off for 3 months, 20% off for 6 months.

News Comments > Evolve Teaser
5. Re: Evolve Teaser Apr 19, 2014, 17:55 Warskull

DangerDog wrote on Apr 19, 2014, 17:08:
Axis wrote on Apr 19, 2014, 12:17:
That Evolve vid doesn't do much, but having read quite a bit about it, should be a kick-ass game if it delivers...

If that's the only game mode and there's no single player campaign then hopefully it's priced accordingly.

I have to agree here, the game is interesting. However, from what they've provided so far there is limited content. We know of four classes and one monster.

I could see $20, but $50 would be excessive.

News Comments > Starbound Update Pace Explained
5. Re: Starbound Update Pace Explained Apr 17, 2014, 10:46 Warskull

Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 09:44:
Friggin hope so or I want my money back. No more early access BS for this guy.

It doesn't seem like there is any foul going on with Starbound. They've updated pretty aggressively in the past, the game has made significant progress. They were also pretty clear about their early access phases.

However, even if executed ethically, early access is not for everyone.

News Comments > Hello Games Flooded
5. Re: Hello Games Flooded Dec 25, 2013, 15:30 Warskull

Task wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 12:52:
Hard drives that are submerged in water still can have their data recovered, especially if the platter itself is undamaged. If the read/write headers are bent or anything though, those would have to be replaced. Either way, if they did not back up anything, they can still recover the data - it might cost a pretty penny though (like $1200 per hard drive)

Sounds like they had proper off-site backups in place.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
17. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 14, 2013, 14:04 Warskull

warmbluelasers wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 13:56:
Gold plated clan mech preorders and the "limited edition" StarCitizen capital ships are very concerning. I thought EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc were supposed to be the wallet raiders, not the "independent" studios.

As for MWO, I guess it's true there's a sucker born every minute or that scam would have died by now.

This is why these micropayment schemes are so dangerous. There's this constant temptation for a developer to corrupt their game to make more money. There is always some quick easy cash around the corner if you are willing to compromise your game. Would you be able to resist an instant million by fucking over your playerbase?

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2013, 11:41.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs
13. Re: MechWarrior Online's $500 Gold Mechs Dec 14, 2013, 13:10 Warskull

Sounds like they reached that point where they realized they drove off the majority of their playerbase and what is left are crazy fanboys. They decided to milk it for all its worth before the game collapses.  

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Oct 19, 2013, 19:03 Warskull

Beamer wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 14:32:
I still disagree with you guys. If someone is still actively using a copyright, why should it lapse?

The argument is typically that it would encourage innovation - why would allowing some guy to make a Mario game encourage innovation? Yeah, I know the argument is that Nintendo couldn't keep kicking out Mario games because the brand would be so diluted that they'd need to come up with new characters.

But why? For one, we'd get an endless flood of shitty Mario games, which seems to help no one. For another, shouldn't we be encouraging the people, like the guy here, that are making cool Mario games to instead innovate and create their own characters?

Under the logic "if someone is still using it, it shouldn't lapse" copyright is effectively forever. Disney is a great example. A corporation own all those rights. This corporation effectively lives forever. Even if a corporation dies, the IP rights get bought up in a feeding frenzy and become the property of another corporation (like what happened with THQ.)

Companies do not die so an upper limit is needed on copyright terms.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
27. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2013, 21:01 Warskull

Morga wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 20:38:
Kotaku is a corrupt feminist gamer website, owned by Gawker Media which also operates the feminist Jezebel.

Or perhaps Gawker is just a lazy site that hires low quality writers and has their sites churn out crappy click bait.

All of gawkers sites are shitty in unique ways. Kotaku dedicates way too much effort and article space to sexy cosplay to be feminist. They are only "feminist" when stirring up controversy might get them some clicks.

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
93. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 19:40 Warskull

wtf_man wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 19:05:
Someone on Ars Technica posted this:
Linux is the future of gaming, so long as it is no longer called Linux, is locked down from outside control, and will stream stuff from the Steam Store (but no word of streaming games purchased through GoG or other vendors?

Let me put it this way: if and when Steam allows other storefronts without SteamOS, then I will believe the cries of "open source" were anything but marketing material.

I pretty much agree. This looks like their own "Walled Garden" that they were bitching of MS doing, on an OS base that is supposed to be "Open". Talk about ironic... and potentially hippocratical.

That said... a PS4 will already be in my living room... which is a huge step for me since I mostly hate consoles... or to be more accurate... gaming pads.

Just because their implementation is a walled garden doesn't mean it is closed. Games that run on Steam OS will probably run on other Linux distros.

Linux is inherently more open due to being open source. Someone can always make a more open Steam OS alternative. A least part of their code will have to be open source.

The big thing is a move like this should improve overall developer support and driver support for Linux as a whole.

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
39. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 19:51 Warskull

Closed Betas wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 18:16:
Kedyn wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 16:28:
jamiedj99 wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 14:30:
its like goting to the bar calling your boss a dick and going to work the next day to find out you been fired for it. this can be abused i could see soe banning people who speak out about how shitty a game is and get banned

I doubt it. If they banned everyone that has ever said a negative thing about their games, they wouldn't have any customers left. Everyone has an opinion, even about the game they love, and I've done my share of trolling for Planetside 2 in the past that I'm not particularly proud of.

Kinda funny, because, I was a PS2 player hardcore in beta, was a good game up until they took away back caps, and made adjacent squares only capturable.. made the game utterly pathetic.. went from a good game to absolutely waste of time linear zergfest of stupidity.... I voiced my opinion and they had no problems banning me.... They loved me when I ran one of the best armor core's in the game.... How quickly they turn when you tell them the truth... Did the truth make me a troll? No, it hurt them, so they got butthurt and banned me from the forums... Kicker... They kept my pre-order money, and would not refund it... They have a real heartless SOB that will sell out his mother to not give you a refund... Thats when you realize.. who gives two shits what these companies say... I have not missed them in my life one bit.. And nothing in the future will i care for.. good luck with that business strategy.. you think your above the world because your a big name..... i've seen kingdoms bigger than sony's crumble in a weeks time.....

The Planetside 2 team is, bluntly, a bunch of power-tripping douchebags. They will ban you if they don't like you.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
18. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 14:53 Warskull

nin wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 14:12:
Really amazed publishers went along with this - but it's also a great tool to get people to buy games, if they like them, but get locked out once the original owner wants to play...

I don't think they have much of choice, Valve is the king of digital distribution and can bully publishers into it. If they take their games off of Steam their sales will suffer significantly.

Fortunately Valve uses this power for good instead of evil.

445 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo