Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DukeFNukem

Real Name DukeFNukem   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DukeFNukem
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 19, 2004, 02:20
Total Comments 230 (Novice)
User ID 22104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 17, 2014, 10:29 DukeFNukem

Cloud era? LOL. How come nobody told me about this? Oh, because if they pretend like it is, then everyone else will believe it is the "cloud era". Not for me. Cheaper to buy a large hard disk or memory card and care for all my own data.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 7, 2014, 15:09 DukeFNukem

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 11:20:
Also, 10% of MS's workforce... damn. That's a LOT of people...

That's what happens when you produce a tablet operating system and market is as a desktop operating system. OOPPSS!!

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
13. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 6, 2014, 02:32 DukeFNukem

I haven't read the site too much lately. Maybe I'll make it a point to read it. The question I have though is what group of people are NOT considered terrorists by our current government? Other than all the crooks in the whitehouse and congress themselves?  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 2, 2014, 10:38 DukeFNukem

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 10:08:
And they'll pick right back up after summer break

So only college students buy computers? Interesting...I never knew....

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 2, 2014, 09:43 DukeFNukem

Windows 8 was a good man....It's sad to see him go. *shreds a single tear*. Okay, NEXT!!!!  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 27, 2014, 23:22 DukeFNukem

1badmf wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 19:37:
i actually just bought an xbone, and i hafta say, the kinect is not completely useless. not worth the $100 premium, but i got it for $430 which was totally worth it.

Not completely worthless. I like that. That should be one of the bullet points on the retail box. "Not completely worthless". You probably love Windows 8 too I am guessing. LOL. It takes all kinds I guess.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 27, 2014, 23:18 DukeFNukem

The consumer has spoken. In spite of cramming this crapola product down the consumers throat with no mercy we see the consumer wins again.

The consumer should always have the final say so in whether or not a product is a failure or a success. Not the company.

Windows 8 is a failure in the same way. Although, it seems to be dying a much slower death for some reason. Microsoft has made a few 180's but I am not sure if they are smart enough to realize that enough still hasn't been done to get me and a lot of other people on board. Fingers crossed for Windows 9. Hope Microsoft gets it by now. The consumer has the final decision in what stays and what goes. Not the company. #dealwiththatbitches

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2014, 14:31 DukeFNukem

Guys, I have really bad gas. Should I go to the doctor?  

43. Re: worlds colliding May 21, 2014, 12:37 DukeFNukem

harlock wrote on May 21, 2014, 02:49:
independent george likes his chicken spicy

Spicy is good, extra crispy even... on occasion just to mix things up a bit. Keep things fresh, you know. What cartoon character was that? Bah, I can't remember at the moment. Anyone? Anyone?

This comment was edited on May 21, 2014, 12:49.

39. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 23:36 DukeFNukem

harlock wrote on May 20, 2014, 22:52:
DukeFNukem wrote on May 20, 2014, 21:46:
By the way, I have no real interest in 'winning' anything. Maybe that is the source of your frustration?

every slave to the status quo is naturally infuriated by those who arent.. it reminds them of how cowardly they are, how they lack the balls and brains to do their own thing

scientific research has proven this! look it up, plenty of studies and so forth.. they said its true, it must be - i take their word for it because id rather not be bothered having to think for myself and risk being *gasp!* wrong about something

lols

Your comments sting like a bitch bro. Just reading them makes me squirm in pain. LOL.

Hear that sound? Ah, its the lovely sound of chirping crickets!

37. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 21:46 DukeFNukem

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2014, 21:34:
None of that made much sense. When you resort to baby talk, you've lost. No one ever said your teeth were guaranteed to fall out. More straw men.

Umm, that wasn't baby talk. That was my impression of me speaking with no teeth.

By the way, I have no real interest in 'winning' anything. Maybe that is the source of your frustration?

This comment was edited on May 20, 2014, 21:53.

35. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 21:17 DukeFNukem

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2014, 21:04:
I'm sure you have a rock that keeps lions away, too. It must work, as you have no lions near you, right?

Your previous responses were much more compelling. Err, actually let me re-state that. Of all your statements, this is the least compelling. I could have responded similarly to the statement that 'muncipalities that lack fluoridated water have a higher rate of tooth decay'. But I figured why bother at this point. Do yaw thing dawg. Freedom of choice is what's it about. If it makes you happy knock yourself out. When my teeth start falling out from a lack of fluoride, I'll say, "Dayum, Beameo was wight!!!". Then we can all pat you on the back. :)I've been brainwashed into thinking that calcium is good for the teeth. More so than fluoride. Woe-is-me. *sigh*.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. Remember dat.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2014, 21:33.

33. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 20:49 DukeFNukem

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2014, 16:31:
Vitamins always have overdose warnings. I guess they're poison.

Anyway, water is a poison under this definition:
a substance that is capable of causing the illness or death of a living organism when introduced or absorbed.

Water is capable of killing you. This makes it a poison. Everything can kill you if ingested in too heavy an amount.

Whatever, you keep avoiding fluoride, your dentist will appreciate the additional fees he collects from you. I mean, given that we actually have empirical proof that there's a higher tooth decay rate in municipalities without fluoridated water than with fluoridated water.

10 years of no fluoride use here. 10 years of no new cavities. I think you hit the hammer on the head brudda. You keep on doing your thing. I'll keep on my doing mine. I'll try and update everybody when all my teeth start to fall out for a lack of exposure to fluoride.

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 16:27 DukeFNukem

nin wrote on May 20, 2014, 15:54:
DukeFNukem wrote on May 20, 2014, 15:32:
But he said h2o is poisonous. How does over-hydration qualify as a poisonous substance? That's the part I am having a problem understanding.

poisonous - a substance with an inherent property that tends to destroy life or impair health.

I don't think there are inherent properties in water that destroy life, therefore, classifying it as poison seems somewhat silly. But whatever floats your boat. It would be akin to saying since floods kill people it follows that water is poisonous. Are we starting to see the crazy of the comment that water is poisonous? If not I can give more examples.

Seeing as your own quote says "impair health" I think you answered your own question.

Umm, there was a reason I posted the whole sentence and not just two words of the sentence. If you guys wanna play word games knock yourself out. I never in my life heard of water(h2o) being classified as a poison. I never seen on my bottle of nestle water a number for a poison control center. But I'll look again just in case you guys know something I don't. I think we are using the word 'poisonous' just a lil bit too liberally here.

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 15:32 DukeFNukem

But he said h2o is poisonous. How does over-hydration qualify as a poisonous substance? That's the part I am having a problem understanding.

poisonous - a substance with an inherent property that tends to destroy life or impair health.

I don't think there are inherent properties in water that destroy life, therefore, classifying it as poison seems somewhat silly. But whatever floats your boat. It would be akin to saying since floods kill people it follows that water is poisonous. Are we starting to see the crazy of the comment that water is poisonous? If not I can give more examples.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 14:26 DukeFNukem

h2o is poisonous huh? Thanks, I didn't realize that either. So fluoride good for increasing my IQ. h2o poisonous to the body. Got it. Hey, thanks guys. *cough, cough*. I appreciate it.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 12:21 DukeFNukem

The study didn't mention 1)how many kids, there ages, or over what period of time the study was performed. Or did I miss that part?

Fluoride isn't marijuana. You don't brush your teeth with it and instantly become dumber. Just like you don't smoke a cigarette and get cancer the next morning.

"however. In fact, children who grew up with fluoridated water had slightly higher IQs than their peers". How many kids are we talking about here. 5 in each group? Lies, damn lies, and statistics. Why do I even bother giving an ounce of my time to these studies.

Holy Moses. No wonder I am so stupid. Here we have been thinking that fluoride makes you dumber and this study proves it actually makes you smarter. Wow. I think I am going to start drinking my toothpaste. I'll mix some in my health shake every morning. Thank God for this study.

Fluoride...it does a brain good. LOL. Oh but wait, it says on my toothpaste to call a poison control center if swallowed? Oh well, the study says it makes me smarter. So it must be.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2014, 12:29.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation May 19, 2014, 12:36 DukeFNukem

I guess this is the time in which I would normally jump up and begin screaming and pounding my first on the table in anger and protest that "Amplitude" isn't coming to PC but then I realized I have never even heard of it, so I guess I won't have to feign any anger today. *YAWN* What else is new that I might actually care about?  

News Comments > EA Still Investigating GameSpy Workarounds
22. Re: EA Still Investigating GameSpy Workarounds May 11, 2014, 02:20 DukeFNukem

Slick wrote on May 10, 2014, 22:13:
yeah, i mean that's bullshit but i can't help but wonder which of the people posting here actually play any of the games affected online.

have you guys taken a look at that list? some of those titles i have and haven't played in 5+ years, and when i did i was lucky to find 10 active servers.

there should still be a legacy service to support these titles obviously, but how butthurt are you actually because you can't play them anymore? name one title that you actually play online from that list and i'll eat my words

The point your making is irrelevant. If these greedy ass companies had left the power of putting up servers in the hands of the communities then people could play this whenever they were in the mood for it. Maybe in 10 years someone wants to play one of these games to recapture some childhood memories. So it's about playing whenever you want.

10 active servers is 10 more servers than your going to be able to find when GameSpy shuts down completely.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 30, 2014, 20:22 DukeFNukem

Beamer wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 20:11:
nin wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 20:00:
DukeFNukem wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 19:54:
Pay by screen size? Your joking right? Hahahaha. Funny stuff. Umm, I think I'll just stick to renting the Blu-Ray version for a $1.00.

They already sell SD and HD copies now. They'll just add 4K into the mix, at a higher cost.

I think he means physical screen size, not resolution.

It makes some sense. The experience of watching it on a phone is entirely different, and crappier, than watching it on a 40' screen with a projector (assuming you have that option.)

However:
1) This is damn near impossible to enforce
2) This is dated thinking. People understood, when resolutions were different, why buying a copy for their 320x240 iPod was cheaper than buying a copy for their TV. This is no longer really as understood, as it's the exact same thing you're buying either way, and it's just the damn thing being used to play it, which is a customer input, that's changing

Only way I see this working is if it segregates by store, meaning that things traditionally hooked up to a TV have one store with one price and things traditionally held in your hand have a different store with different prices. Buy it from Sony, Comcast or Xbox and it's $9.99. Buy it from Android's store and it's $4.99. Sure, smart consumers will just HDMI-out their tablet, but plenty wouldn't bother. The biggest issue is that Apple has just one store. I guess they can limit things artificially, and knowing Apple they may go along with it, but I don't see it going over well.

Pick either one. Screen size or resolution. A 10" tablet can have a high-resolution. That doesn't mean I would ever pay more money for a higher res version. It's still rape to charge more money just because a movie is in a higher resolution. From a logical standpoint they probably shoot a movie in the highest resolution possible and then compress down to smaller resolutions for things like streaming over the internet.

If the argument is, "well bandwidth cost money so we gotta charge more". Okay, fine. I'll buy the physical Blu-Ray disc so that you don't feel the obligation to rape me. Thank you very much for the offer anyway.

230 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo