Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DukeFNukem

Real Name DukeFNukem   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DukeFNukem
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 19, 2004, 02:20
Total Comments 208 (Novice)
User ID 22104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 13, 2014, 16:58 DukeFNukem

He's serious. There's a reason millions of people have no interest in upgrading. After 3 Service Packs it is a very solid product.  
Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 12, 2014, 12:22 DukeFNukem

Windows XP is far from dead. It's just no longer supported by Microsoft and even that isn't true. I never knew there were so many drama queens on the internet. You would think the end of the world is near.  
Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 6, 2014, 16:00 DukeFNukem

If Microsoft is gonna release security patches for the government for Windows XP why not make available to the public as well. Aren't the taxpayers footing the bill anyway?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 25, 2014, 01:53 DukeFNukem

Hey Microsoft, how is that "#DEALWITHIT" attitude towards the customers that put crisp green money in your hands working out for ya? Ah, gee, too bad. So sorry, so sad.

What's the old saying??? Oh yeah, "Don't bite the ****ing hand that feeds you." You dumb bastards.

If I say I do NOT want a touch UI on my desktop guess what that means? Let me translate it because I realize it's kinda cryptic and could be misinterpreted. So for your benefit Microsoft, "I do NOT WANT a ****ing touch UI on my desktop". Thank you for listening. Ignore at your own peril! When does Windows 7 support end again...the year 2020...? *deep breath* sigh * chillin *

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2014, 02:01.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2014, 11:40 DukeFNukem

You could have saved those beans. That's so sad. You know the germs would possibly bring you down a bit but then your immune system would become stronger and you would have been a better man for it.

Lost opportunities. *sigh*

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced
5. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced Mar 6, 2014, 19:57 DukeFNukem

Leper wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:26:
uggh, the embedded Youtube video everyone hates...

If any news deserves a video that takes over the front page, it's DLC for COD: Ghosts!

They should rename this "Aliens franchise meets Call of Duty franchise". I guess these developers live in California where marijuana can legally be purchased for medicinal purposes. These two franchises do NOT belong together.

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
16. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 3, 2014, 20:05 DukeFNukem

So in other words DICE released this game into the wild about a year before it actually should have been released...that is the take away from this post. I am so glad I never bought it.
The last DICE game I purchased was BFBC2 for about $7 on Steam. I loved that game.

News Comments > Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights
56. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 24, 2014, 13:14 DukeFNukem

InBlack wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 07:50:
DukeFNukem wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 07:45:
InBlack wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 05:26:
50 posts in and no one mentions the obvious solution? Let's hope the lawyers in question know their shit. If they (Gearbox) are smart they will come to some sort of deal with Interceptor, publish their game and make some money in the process. There is no money to be had from a broke ass developer anyway...

Im guessing you didn't actually "read" all 50 posts. I posed this exact solution 20 or so messages before you crawled out of bed. But repeating it does no harm. So thanks for that. Maybe someone will listen.

Missed your post. Sorry.

I was being kind of a jerk. You are supposed to attack me. What the hell? But, yes, I did say something very similar earlier.

51. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 24, 2014, 07:45 DukeFNukem

InBlack wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 05:26:
50 posts in and no one mentions the obvious solution? Let's hope the lawyers in question know their shit. If they (Gearbox) are smart they will come to some sort of deal with Interceptor, publish their game and make some money in the process. There is no money to be had from a broke ass developer anyway...

Im guessing you didn't actually "read" all 50 posts. I posed this exact solution 20 or so messages before you crawled out of bed. But repeating it does no harm. So thanks for that. Maybe someone will listen.

If Interceptor has finished(or can finish) a quality Duke Nukem title for future release, get the damn lawyers together so that everybody can make at least some money. Nobody makes any money without a solution.

11. Re: Gearbox Sues 3D Realms Over Duke Nukem Rights Feb 23, 2014, 12:14 DukeFNukem

That Duke Nukem Reloaded game did have really nice looking screen shots going for it. Why can't the company who was making that game just license the Duke Franchise for a small fee and then finish the game? Everybody wins. Give whoever owns it a small slice and make a ton of money off the finished game.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 9, 2014, 19:54 DukeFNukem

@Creston,

I like your passion.

I read most of the article. It sounds like what the lady was saying was that, "we live in a good neighborhood, why lock the doors"? Generally, businesses don't lift a finger until their bottom line is impacted enough to make them worry. I guess fraud has been around like you say, for the past 20 years, but it wasn't enough fraud for them to care.

When the bottom line really starts being impacted. The lazy fat ass comes to life and springs into action.

I complained to one of my favorite cheese producers, Tillamook, about why they haven't made it their "mission statement" to eliminate GMO foods from their products. "Welll....we....blah blah blah.....its so hard....blah blah blah....".

Of course, they will continue selling cheeses made with milk from cows that have been fed GMO grains as long as MY DUMB ASS keeps purchasing their cheese, which I continue to do, in spite of the fact that I know they do this. But I have made up my mind to find a better alternative so they are on borrowed time now. So yeah....that's my rant...and uh I feel naked and vunerable right now...please excuse me.....

This comment was edited on Feb 9, 2014, 20:01.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 4, 2014, 11:34 DukeFNukem

Why you ask...do you care?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 3, 2014, 23:03 DukeFNukem

Windows 8 growh falters??? I am in complete shock. How can that be? Oh wait...that's right....it's a ****ing tablet operating system released for a desktop. They sent me a little boy to do a mans job. And still they slowly back pedal by releasing little tidbits of desktop functionality in the Windows 8.1 Update 1 release. Hey Microsoft. Man UP bitches. You ****** UP royally. Put on your big boy pants, admit it, and get done what needs to be done in Windows 9. Just like politicians, wanna pretend nothing is wrong, that they made no mistakes, and keep running the train down the same damn dead end track like nothing is wrong. Man up BITCHES!!!! Stop putting band-aids on Windows 8. Give the world what it wants a full blown fully functional desktop. Not some gay ass purple tiles for chimpanzees.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 3, 2014, 14:38 DukeFNukem

Wow, first Microsoft, now AT&T. Who's next? Thanks for the middle finger to all your customers.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Are both links regarding XBox One or the two different XBox'es? Jan 23, 2014, 19:45 DukeFNukem

It's confusing.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 23, 2014, 19:30 DukeFNukem

What Bill Gates really meant to say was that breaking the law isn't always necessarily a bad thing. Right Bill? Hell, maybe pirating software isn't always a bad thing? Or is it Bill? I think what Bill is trying to say it that laws were made so that they could be broken...is that the gist of it Bill?

Spying on a single person or group of suspected criminals is one thing. Casting a dragnet over the entire ****ing US population is another thing, Billy. It's a lil over the top.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2014, 19:35.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Tech Bits
1. Re: New Year's Eve Tech Bits Dec 31, 2013, 12:55 DukeFNukem

Oh my God, delayed until January? Oh the pain, the pain....the...oh wait. It's New Years Eve today. I guess the world won't end after all.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: I dont mean this disrespectfully, just curious really Dec 28, 2013, 14:28 DukeFNukem

Creston wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 14:10:
Unless you have hundreds of thousands of dollars put away, cancer treatment will wipe you out (financially) in a hurry. You're not working so you have no income, your normal bills all continue, and you're spending thousands and thousands of dollars on treatments that your insurance only partially covers.

I doubt the guy was making enough to cover it all for an extended period of time.

But isn't something like 'Cobra' insurance that you can purchase for a monthly cost even when you are no longer working. Why wouldn't he have insurance unless he had the mentality of a 20 something saying 'I'll never need insurance so why pay for it'?

Also, what about Obamacare kicking in beginning of next year? Maybe that will take care of some of his expenses. It's all so complicated to me. But it is a very interesting situation, hence my curios posts.

Oh, I just caught the part where you stated that 'insurance only partially covers'. That's true from what I know also but that 'partially' is generally in the 50-80 percent range which is pretty good if you need it. 80 percent being the most favorable coverage amount.

Edit: I would think I would disagree with you about him not making that much money. My God, Warcraft I, II, III, Diablo I, II, III, Starcraft I and II, World of Warcraft. These guys as a whole are in the billion dollar boys club. If he had a 401K plus all the royalties they get for their games that are probably still selling very well. He should have some decent money unless he was careless with his money.

It reminds of the O.J.Simpson case. That guy had a fortune too but I hear he ended up near broke after paying for his legal counsel.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2013, 14:44.

News Comments > etc.
2. I dont mean this disrespectfully, just curious really Dec 28, 2013, 14:06 DukeFNukem

But the article states this guy is a 'senior software engineer' at one of the most successful game publishers in the world. I find it hard to believe anyone, especially someone higher up, who works at Blizzard needs financial support.

I wish the guy the best none the less.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 17, 2013, 12:44 DukeFNukem

I didn't know Windows 8 was for Power Users? I thought it was for chimpanzees who didn't wanna have to make their own decisions. Isn't that what Julie Larson said?

Here's my #1 tip for Windows 8 power users?

1. Format C:\

208 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo