Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DukeFNukem

Real Name DukeFNukem   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DukeFNukem
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 19, 2004, 02:20
Total Comments 302 (Amateur)
User ID 22104

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 18:27 DukeFNukem

Damn straight Spanky. I'm keeping my Windows 7 machine for life. I got Windows 7 on one system and Windows 10 on another just for kicks. But I don't feel "safe" giving up my 7 anytime soon. More truthfully said, probably never, well, until I'm dead. Then I might loosen my grip a bit.  
Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Jade Empire Free on Origin
6. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Dec 2, 2015, 00:51 DukeFNukem

Asmodai wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 00:30:
And Jade Empire is an excellent game, classic Bioware with action karate thrown in for good measure.

Can't beat that price (unless they start paying you to play it..)

This is what will probably actually happen if your luck is as bad as mine. All I have to do is buy something for the price to drop or for people to start giving it away. I paid $3.74 for this game on Steam a couple of years ago. I feel so...used.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 2, 2015, 00:41 DukeFNukem

Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 21:14:
Just kill Flash already. Jesus, they should have killed it a decade ago.

Why exactly, because it requires security patches on a regular basis? Gee, I guess you're right. This is the "only" software on planet earth that fits in that category.

*face palm*

Their name change makes as much sense as Microsoft's name change, going from Windows 8 to Windows 10. But they had to do something because of all the people who keep whining to "kill flash". So, the whinebags got what they wanted. It's dead. Notice the new chant now. "Thank you?" No, not that. "Your actually doing what we asked, what we in fact demanded???? Uhh...uhhh....well DAMMIT, it should have been done 10 years ago". In spite of the fact that HTML 5 just became officially finalized a littler over 1 year ago. LoL.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2015, 01:00.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies Oct 23, 2015, 18:45 DukeFNukem

I thought this was a free game? I must be thinking of something very similar.  

News Comments > DOOM Closed Alpha Details
1. Re: DOOM Closed Alpha Details Oct 15, 2015, 00:25 DukeFNukem

How long will alpha and beta phases last? Have they said?  

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Adds Multiplayer
4. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Adds Multiplayer Oct 9, 2015, 12:33 DukeFNukem

nin wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 09:50:
Fun little game, but had no idea they were adding multi.

It's a sweet addition for an old game.
LoL.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2015, 12:39.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 26, 2015, 11:12 DukeFNukem

Blood Bowl 2 on Christ Centered Gamer? LOL. Okay then.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Sep 5, 2015, 15:53 DukeFNukem

And this is news exactly why? Because any other person on planet Earth who did the same thing would NOT be fired? *shakes his head in bewilderment*.  

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Three on PC; Celebrates With Console Buffs
11. Re: Diablo III Turns Three on PC; Celebrates With Console Buffs May 15, 2015, 14:15 DukeFNukem

Does this mean they are celebrating by giving away free copies to the first 10,000 people who sign up for a new account on the Blizzard servers? If not, then I don't need to know how old the game is.

Wait...3 years old...that means instead of costing me $59.99 to play it should only costs about $9.99? Maybe I'll try that. Not as good as free but beggars can't be choosers.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
1. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 09:30 DukeFNukem

The days of $50.00 games have been over for me a few years now. Not sure what people pay that much money for games these days considering how cheap they will eventually become.

But I guess my point is that, a sale is a sale, even at a discount and shouldn't be frowned upon. It means that the person who bought it didn't have to have it on day 1 or didn't have to have it at all for that matter. Sales and discounts also eliminate lots of piracy. Because "some" triple AAA titles eventually reach reasonable prices there is no real justification for piracy anymore.

I wonder if by disappointing sales they mean each developer had to settle for a ferrari over a lamborghini for their new toy of the year?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 4, 2015, 09:43 DukeFNukem

Irritable Bowel Syndrome?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads
8. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Preloads Apr 9, 2015, 11:52 DukeFNukem

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 09:53:
4 Days 9 hours 7 mins.

SQUEE!
I think someone has too much time on their hands. Maybe you could go back and play through the first 4 games in the series? Or you can keep that glazed over look in your eyes and continue staring into empty space while you count for the next few days.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 5, 2015, 19:50 DukeFNukem

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 15:34:
Julio wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 11:43:
Microsoft has given consumers no reason to upgrade to Windows 10.

Have you been using the tech preview?

Microsoft is 40 and rapidly dying. Yes, I used the Windows 10 technical preview. It sucks.

News Comments > DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features
9. Re: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features Mar 30, 2015, 12:03 DukeFNukem

" Online gameplay is planned to be added at a later date."

I plan to purchase this game...at a later date...when it's actually finished.

News Comments > H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam
13. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 11:02 DukeFNukem

And the prick doesn't even end the tweet with a "Thank You!!!"???? I won't buy it now.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 16:07 DukeFNukem

JayDeath wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:23:
Everyone should be playing Cities: Skylines. It's pretty fantastic even with the commercial zone bug although the mod fix seems to have corrected that problem for me. I have about 75,000 on 3 tiles so far and I can't stop building. I love this game!

Who do you work for? Who sent you? WHO SENT YOU?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 22, 2015, 15:16 DukeFNukem

Not surprising since they started this work way back on Windows 8 by pandering to cellphone users. Oh, I get it? Click bait. News that really isn't news.  

News Comments > PhysX Source Code Released for Free
4. Re: PhysX Source Code Released for Free Mar 4, 2015, 19:52 DukeFNukem

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 19:41:
DukeFNukem wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 19:41:
Windows 10 goes free(kinda, sorta), Unreal 4 Engine goes free, PhysX is free now, what the hell is going on, it's the apocalypse!!!!! Good stuff.
You've missed Source 2 also free

You're right. I read something about that also. I wonder if this will put pressure on Carmack to release idTech 5 Engine for free. I hope so. Can't be anything but good for everybody.

News Comments > PhysX Source Code Released for Free
2. Re: PhysX Source Code Released for Free Mar 4, 2015, 19:41 DukeFNukem

Windows 10 goes free(kinda, sorta), Unreal 4 Engine goes free, PhysX is free now, what the hell is going on, it's the apocalypse!!!!! Good stuff.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
86. Re: Into the Black Feb 12, 2015, 21:13 DukeFNukem

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 21:06:
Christ, I get home from work and there's tinfoil everywhere.

DukeFNukem wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 20:45:
Anyone who doesn't question what they believe daily is a moron.

It's also moronic to believe that philosophy should apply to all beliefs. Some things don't need to be questioned. The sun will rise tomorrow. Gravity will keep your feet on the ground. You will require food for sustenance. Your reflection will be in the mirror. And a medical treatment with two centuries worth of study and demonstrable success will continue to not be a scam, or cause autism, or turn your head into a cow (an oldy but a goody).

*sigh* You didn't have to take my statement THAT literally now did you? But I like what you did there. Equating the absolute certainity of the rising of the sun with the proven effectiveness of two centuries worth of study. Smooth player, smooth! I'll give you the respect you deserve. I guess I am just an overly cautious person. When someone wants to stick a brand new virus in my veins every 12 months, that specific vaccination doesn't have 2 centuries of proven anything. But I appreciate the civil comments. I get carried away sometimes myself. I'll try to keep it more real.I know "most of us" just want the truth.

Edit: *sigh*, I read your comment again. It makes blanket statements fairly frivously. near the end. Something doesn't have to be a scam to be pushed more than necessary in the name of money. You used the word scam. I would more accurately use the word greed.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2015, 21:22.

302 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo