Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for venomhed

Real Name venomhed   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2004, 00:24
Total Comments 964 (Graduate)
User ID 22091

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > C&C3: Kane Edition Announced
10. Torrent to the rescue Dec 22, 2006, 18:42 venomhed

Download the game when it hits Bit Torrent, try it out, play the entire single player campaign if so inclined. Buy it later when the hype and price go down, simple.

Many times Fry's will sell the game the first week at a fair price. I got Total War 2 for $30, Splinter Cell DA, for the same. I think that is fair.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Politically Correct Dec 21, 2006, 16:45 venomhed

This country lost it's sense of humor. Everyone is so PC now, and you get sued for saying the slightest slant against any person or group.

All religions are for the weak at mind, body and soul. If you are religious, basically you lack any sense of reason and progressive thought.

Man created God, you cannot dispute or deny that in any way shape or form.

News Comments > Gothic 3 European Patch
9. Re: Playable yet? Dec 21, 2006, 16:33 venomhed

Igor,

So you'll be playing Gothic 3 in the year 2010? NWN2 is estimated at over 100 hours! ouch! Hehehe.

I agree about Oblivion. Really pretty, some of the best graphics of all time, combat was cool, not great. The caves, especially some of the more unique quest ones with ancient slanted ruins, are so memorable. Too bad the game, like all Bethesda games, are ultra repetitive.

For gods sake in Oblivion, there is a hidden underground or elven ruin every 5 feet! Monsters have no purpose, you never happen across some adventurers just sitting around a camp fire having a feast. Or monsters in a cave noodling around. They just sit there, stand there, and only attack YOU. Hate that so much.

Couple things that Gothic has over Oblivion:

CAVES DON'T HAVE DOORS! It is all a seamless transition from outdoors to indoors. Makes a big difference to me.

Rain actually goes through the holes in a structure. Check it out sometime. When it rains, stand in a building with a hole in the roof. The rain comes through that hole, nothing else. In Oblivion the rain actually falls magically from from all overhead structures.

Buildings stay in the environment. Meaning if you go into a building, look out the second story window, people cruise around with their daily lives. Oblivion, all windows are mysteriously SEALED!

People actually have routines and lives in Gothic 3. Oblivion had people doing nothing, just standing there with conversations that didn't flow.

Oblvion did have some great quests. The entire Dark Brotherhood quests alone are worth the game price. So cool, too bad most of everything else is so generic!

Bethesda NEVER listens to the public. Morrowind and Oblivion still have the same core flaws. Too much of the same old crap, over and over again.

News Comments > Gothic 3 European Patch
4. Re: Playable yet? Dec 21, 2006, 11:33 venomhed

I would go purchase Gothic 1 and then if you like it, Gothic 2 Gold edition (comes with a large add on).

The first game is just incredible. Maybe not graphic wise, but story and environment, it just can't be beat for its time. It isn't so old that you need a dos disk, it is maybe 4 years old or so? VEry fun game. Work your way up from the bottom, don't start on Gothic 3 as it has alot more work to go!

News Comments > Invest in 4D Rulers
12. Hey Dec 20, 2006, 13:06 venomhed

Have you heard? I have this great penny stock and.....

Also....

"I am a Nigerian banker that has just inhereted 50 million dollars. I am randomly contacting you to help me...."

JEsus christ are people this fucking dumb to invest in this shit? Guess so. After all, we are Americans.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Patch
13. Re: Is this the patch.. Dec 19, 2006, 16:54 venomhed

Placing all your bets on QW Enemy Territory is not a wise decision. This game is a mod, and has been delayed HOW long? I have not been impressed by the videos thus far but of course I hope it exceeds my expectations.

So far BF2 is my fav of the bunch, and 2142 made some great front end and rank/badge/gadget improvements.

Game was released in a laughable state? Hmmm, I have played it almost every night with my group of friends with minor problems. Sure we occasionally get a crash to desktop, crash back to front end, titan lag issues, etc. etc., but look at what this game DOES do right. It really is amazing.

BF2 I think is in a very good state, what are the huge problems preventing people from playing at this time for BF2? Last time I played it was fun as hell.

Id say the engine is done, not being able to crush things in a tank, apc or walker is a joke. Definitely worth my money and time and I look forward to the competition Crysis and QW:ET. We shall see.

In game advertisement "Hero: Get the new Intel Dual Core"....in the year 2142? Really fits.

News Comments > Alien FPS Announced
39. Re: No subject Dec 17, 2006, 00:35 venomhed

Timo,

Yes both those movies were not over the top in expense, surprisingly. You must remember that at that time it was all toy models, not cg, and also at that time Sci Fi movies were as common and FPS games are today. They were everywhere, perhaps even too much (Close encounters, last star fighter, tron) to name a few at that time.

The Thing was up against ET, now ET was expensive, The Thing (my all time fav movie) was fairly low budget. Alien about mid range.

I prefer the old model style over CG to be honest. Something about it just seems more of this world, more believable, more possbile. CG's are too over the top, example Cat Woman.

29. Terminator Dec 15, 2006, 20:27 venomhed

Once Bethesda lost the terminator license, it was over. Their games were half decent for the time, still it would be neat to see a quality, new Terminator FPS or RTS (my choice).

The reality of the situation is that the people making the games think too much. They try to come up with an all new spin. Why bother? I swear I could have enjoyed at least 1 or 2 more Aliens style Alien movies where it was just marines fighting them all day long.

Bout as close as we got was Starship troopers which was NO slouch. That movie ROCKED, even with the deliberate corny lines which I thought was just right for the mood.

Oh well, get ready for talking Aliens. I am sure they will introduce some Brainiac Sleestak lizard man in this new RPG like in Land of the Lost. He will have power crystals and MYSTERIOUSLY SPEAK ENGLISH!

Way to go Hollywood. Way to go.

News Comments > The Early Show - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Movie
16. Stalker Dec 15, 2006, 19:51 venomhed

I read somewhere where someone said "This game (Stalker) is a slap in the face to those that were affected by the out come of the nuclear fall out."

That's like saying every WW2 game is a slap in the face to those that died in WW2.

I actually enjoy games that walk the edge of horrific situations, even totally fictional situations such as System Shock 2.

But this game is almost like a glimpse of the world after a nuclear hollocaust. What is cool is that it is confined to a small area, almost as a warning of "You came this close, is this really what you want your planet to become human?"

Still, the marketing team can make a can of dog food look like steak, but it's still dog food. Hate to sound so pessimistic but I have been let down by so many games....

Definitely won't buy it sight unseen. Going to have to wait for the reviews on this game.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 19:51.

23. Re: No subject Dec 15, 2006, 19:36 venomhed

She was actually attractive in Alien I agree, and the part where she slips into the suit was tastefully done, yet I don't really understand why she had to get nearly naked to get into the suit.

Oh well, didn't detract from the movie, and I find it hard to be aroused with something as grotesque as the Alien laying 5 feet away from her.

22. Re: No subject Dec 15, 2006, 19:34 venomhed

Timo,

I guess you haven't seen The Thing or Alien. Neither movie was expensive for it's time.

News Comments > The Early Show - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Movie
13. Fuck off Dec 15, 2006, 17:57 venomhed

Jesus christ only an nimwit asshole would pick on graphics in this day and age. It's like seeing a very attractive woman and all you can see is that one of her eye brow hairs is askew. Typical of the 25 and under crowd, all visual, no substance.

Back to Stalker

I think these past two videos are VERY artistic and unique. Totally remind me of a vary serious Fallout or Mad Max type scenario. I can't imagine the game play being as versatile as the trailers, but the trailers are totally effective in creating a mood. Well done.

I just hope this game can live up to half my expectations. I hope it makes enough money to warrant another offering and maybe these guys will be able to start a franchise. The game COULD do it, but doubtful. THQ is pushing them too hard, and most UK games, professionally developed or otherwise, are quirky, buggy and have no standards. Still, i am really hoping this works.

They get a A+ for effort regardless.

News Comments > SCi & Warner
7. The OC Dec 15, 2006, 17:48 venomhed

Talk about out of touch. No Carmegeddon? Oh fucking please.

Bet Warners game devision goes right through the floor.

13. Damn Dec 15, 2006, 17:44 venomhed

What I REALLY liked about Aliens was that the military women were, for once, NOT in armor that revealed their heaving breasts and washboard stomachs. That was cool. The back talk however, to superior officers, was uncool. Still, this movie did a lot for sci fi.

I am sure this new game series will have some smart ass 25 year old girl, barely wearing anything (think Laura Croft) and taking on, 10, 20, 300 billion Aliens.

Wish we could see games with the seriousness of the following movies:

Terminator
The Thing (John Carpenters remake)
Alien and Aliens
Predator

All the movies above, with the exception of Aliens, were rather low budget. They did great jobs of doing more with less. The other thing is that all the movies above were very dismal, had an aura of doom, where the good guys didn't always win.

here's hoping that these games will be aimed at the 30+ crowd and become serious enough to hold our interest. After all, anyone under 30 will go "Aliens? What's is that?" (pops ipod ear buds and plays latest Lindsay Lohan song)

$10,000 say they completely fuck up and bury the Aliens franchise once and for all. After all, they are once again "resurrecting" Sigourney Weaver. Wasted money on a washed up actor that has actually hurt the franchise financially and the series credibility despite her fantastic efforts in both Alien and Aliens.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 17:47.

News Comments > Medieval 2: Total War Patch Plans
8. My 2 cents Dec 14, 2006, 14:05 venomhed

1. I prefer the roman time period to medieval.
2. The game feels, looks and plays too much like Rome, quite a let down.
3. The princesses, merchants and the like are a bother, they do not add to the game in any way. A merchant can sit on some item that might be in the range of 6-12 gold per round. Yet the merchant costs 500gp to produce. What is the point?
4. Still cannot push a button, like Alt key, to highlight your Spys and Assassins, making it rather difficult to cycle through them all to find out where the hell they are hiding.
5. Assassins are no longer the nuclear bomb that there were in Rome, not quite as effective, but still effective. This was a nice fix.

The patch will address some of the horrific problems with this game. I have won so many sieges by hanging back and watching the AI do nothing. For some reason now, they are starting to attack more often where they used to just sit there and let the timer run out.

Overall i give the game a 7. Probably the worst of all the Total War series as it seems more like a mod than anything else. Game friggin CHUGS on my system which is no slouch at all. Still fun to play, but i am losing interest where Rome had me by the nuts for over a year.

News Comments > Alien RPG Announced
14. Rough Dec 13, 2006, 13:47 venomhed

I still don't get it. Kotor 1 and 2 were/are great games, I think Obsidian did a great job on k2, sure it had problems, but I personally liked it better than K1.

NWN2 is getting good reviews and they really seem to be all over the bugs and trying to fix them. The last update fixed alot of things. They had to get this game out before Xmas so they could fill the coffers. Also don't fear, NWN was getting patches regularly, even a few months ago, so NWN2 will most likely get the same treatment.

Aliens in Obsidians hands should also make a good RPG, however I just don't see the Aliens series as being that compelling. Are the Aliens sentient and will be able to talk? That is a huge problem, the aliens are bugs, they react and rarely think.

Starship Troopers could be an RPG, but not Aliens.

News Comments > Fallout MMORPG?
30. Re: Never happen Dec 12, 2006, 15:24 venomhed

Jeryyk,

That is one game, fashionable usually means that everyone is into it or doing it, well at least to me. If post apocalyptic games were fashionable/popular we would (hopefully) see about 6 of them out now. Next year should be better. We did/do have an MMO with cars, but it sounds like it isn't doing so hot.

All they need to do is somehow replicate Mad Max, Road Warrior, Interstate 82, Autoduel, Car Wars, 2400 AD, Wasteland (and there was one other in a black box in the 80's that was incredibly difficult to play), into a good, solid RPG package.

We shall see.

News Comments > Fallout MMORPG?
14. Never happen Dec 12, 2006, 02:45 venomhed

Bethesda may have a winner on there hands which may spur some interest in a MMORPG. As we all know we need another D&D type MMORPG like we need a bullet to the head.

Hopefully post apocalyptic games will start becoming fashionable again. I mean the current day sure supports it with the war and all. Also, Stalker will be out soon, the Fallout 3 by Bethesda, maybe EA will wake the fuck up and do AutoDuel and Wasteland.

News Comments > New Alien Games
36. Re: No subject Dec 11, 2006, 15:49 venomhed

fag

News Comments > New Alien Games
33. Beamer Dec 11, 2006, 15:22 venomhed

I agree, loved AVP. The flares were SO cool, and COOP mode, although repetitve, was extremely intense. I had a blast playing with my bro's. One on flame thrower (kinda worthless, but still funny) one on the big machine gun auto aim, me on flares, grenades etc. The sounds of the radar when they closed in.

I mean they just had it all, and then they go ahead and butcher it to hell with AVP2 and wonder why it failed?

Fucking morons.

It's like AC/DC making the album Back in Black, selling million, and then going...

"Hmmm, it sold millions, lets change everything! Get Angus on Keyboards, and lets get 7 string guitars, and orchestra!"

Thankfully for us, ACDC doesn't listen to that bullshit from their PR/Marketing dept. I guess I should really use Van Halen as an example.

Why change?

964 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo