Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for venomhed

Real Name venomhed   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Banned
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 16, 2004, 00:24
Total Comments 964 (Graduate)
User ID 22091

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
12. Lame Mar 26, 2007, 20:13 venomhed

The demo sucked and a game like this is so unwanted at this time. With releases like Company of Heroes and Supreme Commander, this game spits in the face of progress, and gives us more of the same, laughable RTS crap that made RTS gaming boring and dissapear for awhile.

I won't even pirate this one. Not worth my time as the demo spelled it out for me.

Same ol, same ol. Leave it for the Xbox crowd who are in to games the PC did 15 years ago.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 20:51.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Forms Music Label
1. For just $19.95! Mar 26, 2007, 19:55 venomhed

And $2.00 per song, you can join the EA music network with great, NEW bands like Papa ROach!

Oh fucking joy. These online music companies are as common as MMO's and they ALL suck.

Where is the EA Player where it works only with their online music system?

FUCK NEW MUSIC
FUCK ONLINE MUSIC DISTRIBUTION WITH PROPRIETARY FORMATS
FUCK EA

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Unveiling Soon
3. Great game... but Mar 26, 2007, 19:53 venomhed

WW2? I understand that this game would have a sequel as it is great, but Relic really needs to stay more on the cutting edge sci fi track.

Another Homeworld would be more welcome.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Patches
28. Gothic Mar 24, 2007, 16:46 venomhed

Just play Gothic, a far more engrossing game than ANYTHING Bethesda has put out. Sure, Elder Scrolls games look better, have killer art, but completely are incapable of immersion.

How many sand crabs do you know of that attack humans outright? So sick of Bethesda and all it's praise. Everyone praises them because they are the only company putting out a decent game, but it is the SAME GAME OVER AND OVER, with the same mistakes.

no kids.
no pets
No windows that open in a house to look outside
Shop keepers are only interested in you
no a.i.
no wagons for horses
a secret ancient elven ruin ever 5 feet
animals that do nothing, have no purpose, no schedules.
no one ever works, has a job

Gothic does most of the above very well, but god damn those bugs too. Wish both companies would just team up and make a single player rpg game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
136. Moozilla Mar 22, 2007, 11:56 venomhed

Typically Steam is the same price as a retail box, and if your Windows system crashes, you have to download it all over again. This game is on a DVD, so keep that in mind.

So if the game retails for $40, the only way I would even consider Steam is if it was $25-30 with no box.

That's just me. But then again i live in Silicon Valley (The computer one, not the boob job one) and we have Fry's, Best Buy, Compusa, Central Computer, basically everything.

I feel your pain if you have to go out of your way for your computer needz.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 11:56.

134. Yantar Mar 22, 2007, 10:44 venomhed

I just got in and have been doing the main quest exclusively. I did save the scientist once, but they he got waxed in the sewers, so it is just me going into the main base now.

I think I have done all the main quests though, but I guess i will find out the hard way.

I am right at the point of "Do i turn back or not" due to NO food, low ammo, etc. And zombies don't carry food!

Love how the zombies stand around the fire and stick out there arm, then get burnt, and retract their arm. Really cool, as if there is some part of their former selves still barely left.

Sorry to hear about that bug. But lets cut the developer some slack, first game, and I am sure minimal support from THQ. Gothic 3's bugs were far more apparent, still love the game though.

124. Scorpio Mar 22, 2007, 03:27 venomhed

SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP!

God damn you stubborn prick. ENOUGH! This is about Stalker and you made your weak points already. Face it! Both sides have solid arguments and nothing you say is going to make anyone miraculously switch to the other side.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Beta Plans
10. Homeworld 3 Mar 22, 2007, 00:47 venomhed

Looks similar to HomeWorld. Hope it is as good, the ship designs don't look as "realistic" if you know what I mean for a sci fi game.

120. STALKER Mar 22, 2007, 00:46 venomhed

ANYWAYS, Stalker is a great game. Lets get back on topic and fuck off Scorpio for not getting a clue when others have very logical disagreements with you.

I have made it to Yartan? Is that how you spell it. Man it is tough. The zombies are cool, but are a bit too accurate with their weapons. I just entered the basement. Friggin SCARY! I really am having a hard time moving forward and ammo is at an all time low.

nades work great as the zombies don't run when you drop one near them, so you can zap em good. Got a few new rifles that are sweet too.

104. Oh, and Mar 21, 2007, 15:26 venomhed

Can you name one company that is doing really well making non-MMO, PC only titles? 10 Years ago I could name many, and 5 years before that, there were hundreds. Only one force has caused this shift, it is not lack of quality, nor hype, nor any of the other things you claim, just piracy.

ELECTRONIC ARTS
EIDOS
THQ

So eat shit. And they are playing it safe, turning out the same sports bullshit that I have never liked. If the games suck, then the company goes down. Sierra was doing great then they fucked stuff up and stopped cold in their tracks, due to piracy?

Might want to head over to EA and count all the BMW's, Mercedes, Dodge Vipers and go inside, tell the CEO to fucking quit giving himself a 7 figure a year salary and start putting back into the company, take some more risks.

You sound like a suck up kiss ass CEO scorpio, you probably call your co-workers Peons too!

103. Scorpio Mar 21, 2007, 15:22 venomhed

Keep your self absorbed liberal bullshit to yourself. You think that everything you state is the fact, period. Wrong asshole. My points are valid, so are yours, and the bottom line is.

I AM NOT ALONE IN MY TOUGHTS!

Just look at bit torrent, napster (before the crack down), Emule, Newsgroups.

People are tired of getting ripped off and are doing something about it. You, a sheep like consumer, just keeps buying stuff blindly sometimes, bends over and says, "ohh, looky, I just got fucked in the ass again".

Difference between you and me is that i am not going to take it. People and material goods, with me, start with an F. They must work their way up to an A. You on the other hand are less pesimistic, which is fine, and give everyone an A and see how they go.

Your postings are going to change a god damn thing or make me feel guilty at all. You do sound like a self centered religious nut. Maybe you will throw blood on me when I walk out of Fry's without Stalker in my hands hmmm?

Oh and i am already going to hell, so you don't need to use that one either.

98. Eric Mar 21, 2007, 13:12 venomhed

Speak for yourself man. No one currently has had the large amount of problems as you. Collectively here on Blues, you have more bugs with this game than all of us here together.

Might want to look up User Error.

News Comments > Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific Surfaces
6. Digital Mar 21, 2007, 11:24 venomhed

I agree. No anti aliasing either, and this game of all the most recent games I can think of, needs it. There are many thin hard angles on the subs, and it looks bad.

The 2D crew is just pathetic. Looks SO bad on any angle other than dead on.

The graphics are photo realistic I must admit on the sub and water. The ocean floor now has rocks, seaweed and sand that look great.

When I dove down with the free cam in the water, I actually felt like holding my breath, and that was entirely unconscience.

It looks and feels very much like a SH3.5, still a good game, but wait for the reviews. I will get it, just not yet.

93. Piracy Mar 21, 2007, 11:04 venomhed

I strongly encourage my type of piracy and here are what I think are the valid reasons for doing so.

1. Once a game is opened, you CANNOT return it. That alone forced me to continue piracy. If i get a game that cannot play on my system, why should I keep it? You can return a sofa, a TV, rent a DVD, even return a full retail DVD. Why not video games?

2. The hype machine. They lure us into, only show us the choice cuts of a game, and make it seem like the second coming of a computer christ (The first being Doom1). This isn't fair.

3. No demo. Enough said on this. Stick by your product, show a demo, aren't you confident enough or are you hiding something?

4. Patches that come out immediately after a game. Sometime if I like a game I will wait 3-6 months and get the patched CD/DVD. Wish I waited on Gothic 3, oh well. And NeverWinter Nights!

5. Gold, Silver, Platinum, Collectors Editions. Why not get the game to see if I really want the above versions later with more content? So it is ok for me to buy the game over and over again? This is fair? How so? I call it double dipping, a.k.a. screwing the customer.

I buy every game I like, based on my pirated experience. Where is the harm in that? I just ordered Stalker from Amazon today, where is the harm?

A russian developer of unknown origins making a game that only a company with huge balls would do, oh say, back in the early/mid 90's? Shit ya I am interested, fuck no on getting burned.

I also bought Space Rangers, from another foreign developer in Russia, and the game is just incredible. At least Russians gave the balls to take a chance these days. I am hooked, and if Russian developers keep this up, I will buy sight unseen! Way to go!

Basically if there is a means for it, and it can arguable be justified on both sides, it will exist. It has existed since the Apple IIe days that i remember, where i didn't pay for shit. At least i have evolved. Those of you with expendable income can kiss my ass, you are missing the point. If you want to say "It's only $40" then go out, now, RIGHT now, and watch every $10 movie out there today. See how you feel after watching Herbie, Dukes of Hazard, and every other shit MTV remake of every movie we have seen before. I don't mind $40 at all, but someone 15-25 years old might.

Time to think outside your OWN situation.

91. Re: Huge bug found Mar 21, 2007, 10:55 venomhed

I was upstairs in at the X18 lab, and walked my way all the way back down. There is an area where two unusual looking mutants come at you, they were not present.

The "boss" at the bottom of the level was not there, just his enormously warped corpse. Upon firing the shotgun he appeared again, yet his body was still on the ground.

There were two level loads on the way down.

I can understand respawns, but not for bosses, and NOT 3 minutes after I was just there. Should be a day or two of stalker time.

Quite a dissapointment, I expended a lot of ammo on this creature and here he is again! I don't like the respawn idea, didn't like it in System Shock 2, and glad there was a mod to alter the rate or remove it. I could understand a zombie coming back though.

Sucks, guess I just better not shoot my gun in that room. The thing is enormous!

73. Accuracy is fine Mar 21, 2007, 00:00 venomhed

I am having NO probs with the weapon accuracy at all. Just go single shot. I am nailing dudes in the face when they are behind concrete with ONLY their head showing. And with the scope, no problem at all. The degraded weapons seem to be a bit less accurate though.

I have moved the slider up to Stalker full time now that I have a grip on the game. But still, you never seem to get hired hands to help out, maybe once or twice, and you constantly go up against 3-10 guys. This part bugs me. And the respawn rate is FAR too high for good and bad folks.

72. Huge bug found Mar 20, 2007, 23:55 venomhed

What a game stopper for me, this bug I found.

I am in a fairly tough area now. I decided to save and go eat. Got out of the game. When I came back in, everything was fine, all my dropped items still there. I noticed I was slightly low on ammo, so looked for the dead bodies I had killed. All of them now have new loot, some of it VERY good. Previously stripped corpses now have great atrefacts on them and all new stuff.

Ok I can live with that and not exploit it.

So I go down to where I met a big boss. His huge body still there. Im grabbing stuff that I had left behind and I fire off my shotgun accidentally. RIGHT then a huge roar comes to my left, I nearly shit my pants.

here is that friggin boss again, ALIVE, with his dead body on the ground. Meaning, he has been revived, a new one. What the F?

So now I have to fight this fucker all over again? BS! THAT sucks as he was a tough nut to crack!

Wow, how did they let this one slip through?

Couple hints:
1. Weapons in your inventory can be unloaded. Meaning if you have two assault rifles, and one has a full clip but damaged, the other brand new, right click the damaged fully loaded unit and choose UNLOAD. Then drop the bad gun. That way you get your ammo back, I just figured this one out.

2. The shotgun should be kept around at all times. It really works very well against fast enemies and close ranged units. I love when games don't make first encountered weapons totally obsolete. The shotgun has been a great sidekick in tough situations.

3. Do NOT attack the army trio south of the starting base unless you want to make your life extremely hard.

4. You can attach items to different weapons and detach them. Once attached they are NOT permanent!

I think the PDA sucks and is hard to work with. Not so bad you can't figure it out, but a bitch none the less.

3. Found one bug Mar 20, 2007, 23:42 venomhed

Cannot clear navigation way points with the Control key + Eraser. How could this be overlooked? Jesus....

1. So far so good Mar 20, 2007, 21:18 venomhed

Another game to buy! Pretty much the same as #3, but improved everything.

I do NOT like the 2D shipmates! Lame!

News Comments > Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Testing
2. Played Mar 20, 2007, 21:17 venomhed

Had a close friend at Nvidia play this, said it TOTALLY sucked. He meant to whole game, not just one aspect. After seeing the videos, it looks good but the movement of the robots, from the inside, looks like a joke!

Hope they get this all fixed.

964 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo