Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christopher Rhodes

Real Name Christopher Rhodes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname iopred
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description wewt
Homepage http://www.squarecircleco.com/
Signed On Oct 13, 2004, 03:17
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 22065

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 GotY Early
1. DOD: Source Sep 8, 2005, 10:37 iopred

I wouldn't mind getting DOD first... Seeing as I have already payed for it...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Playstation 3 GPU Slightly Less Powe Sep 1, 2005, 03:25 iopred

I truly think PS3 is going to get stomped.. They are second to market (at great while later), and they have a worse GPU.

XBox's GPU has the combined pipelines, which is great tech, and also the fact that the general feeling is that programmers arent comfortable with being forced into Multi CPU programming. XBox's single threading will be MUCH faster than Cell's, and as said, most games will be single threaded anyway.

So yeah, PS3 is going to get stomped.

News Comments > Mac to PC Gaming in Jeopardy
11. Erm.. Dec 9, 2004, 00:49 iopred

Call me a fool, but is this really an issue?

Does Gamespy somehow own the patent on multiplayer gaming? I'm pretty sure they dont.

I used Gamespy once or twice in the Quake days, its nothing special, its great that its included inside lots of games, but please, dont try and tell me a server browser is really that hard to implement in-house.

Get Server list, Ping the list, End.

I must be missing something, because this hardly seems like its putting Mac gaming in jeopardy.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Microsoft vs Firefox Nov 12, 2004, 11:22 iopred

"I don't agree that just because a (competing) product has a feature that we don't have, that feature is important," he said. "It is not. It is only important if it is a feature the customer wants. There are plenty of products out there with features we don't have. We have plenty of features that our customers don't use.

You've got to be joking, Microsoft are oblivious to the needs of users, this proves it. Its a sad cop out reasoning behind why IE is so lacking (tabs, CSS, XHTML, security), and to add to that, they think they can decide which features the customers want! Its incredible, especially considering how everyone who uses tabs falls in love with them.

Im not a big fan of MS bashing, but stuff like this is ridiculous

News Comments > Site Seeing - New PoP Movie
1. PoP Oct 13, 2004, 06:03 iopred

I have to say, PoP:SoT is one of my favourite games, there is nothing specific why I found it so good, but everything was just about perfect. It looked and played awesomely. The fighting system was always the weakest point in many peoples eyes, although fun at times, it could get repetative, I find it great that Ubi realised this, and have invested in such a (as they say its going to be) fun and revolutionary new fighting system.

Should be a fun game when its released, I'm deffinately looking forward to it.

News Comments > New 3DRealms Game?
66. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2004, 23:21 iopred

Wow, another copy of the infamous quote/date list, originality seems to be peoples thing.

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo