Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 11577 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Version 1.1
52. Re: Star Citizen Version 1.1 Mar 24, 2015, 13:22 jdreyer

Luke wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:53:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 15:24:
Zor wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 14:27:
I can't wait to see what a Retaliator or Constellation will do against the Super Hornets. The high shield strength combined with good player-crewed gun turrets should be a rather potent combo.
Yeah, the Retaliator looks like a pretty awesome ship. I'm tempted to do a cross-chassis upgrade to the Retaliator or the Redeemer from my Super Hornet. Both my brothers own the game, so it would be great to all play on the same ship.

I'm tempted to do a cross-chassis upgrade to the Retaliator or the Redeemer from my Super Hornet.

yep you go buy some more pixel...... Rolleyes

Every game you buy you're just "buying more pixels." Do you not play games at all? Why are you on this site then?

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam
24. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 13:15 jdreyer

bobbyweenus wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 12:45:
I don't really know where this whole "only kids buy this game" garbage comes from.

I play with a fairly large group of guys all over 30, and the vast majority of players any of us run into are adults.

You hear the occasional squeaker but they are few and far between.

There are a lot more Asian (Taiwanese and Koreans from what we've seen) playing than young dumb kids.

Fair enough. Let me rephrase:

I just don't have time to be ganked by a bunch of 14 years olds 30 year old men and Asians that have playing 12 hours a day for months.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2015, 13:10 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 12:58:
That said, this article seemed pretty tame to me; wanting more people of color in a future game is hardly going to destroy a fictional universe. In my opinion.

It doesn't even come across as political correctness, more of a request for characters a wider audience can feel more involved with.

Or not even just more people of color, but also better, non-stereotypical representations.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2015, 12:52 jdreyer

While it's a fantasy world, and the developers can do what they want, I think it's fine to call them out for this miss. From a business perspective it's better for sales to be more inclusive. People often like to play characters similar to themselves. From a gameplay perspective, more variety is more interesting.

The Elder Scrolls does it fairly well. The series incorporates people of color as one of the many factions in the game, giving them lore, traditions, and back story. You run into a wide variety of different people and races in that game, and it feel more expansive as a result.

I haven't played DA:I so I can't speak to the structural issues with the way NPCs of color are portrayed. That being said, these kind of articles offer feedback to the devs allowing them to do better in the next inevitable version of this series.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2015, 12:31 jdreyer

harlock wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:36:
i recently said "negro" in a twitch chat and got banned permanently - so apparently thats a naughty word now... even though its used specifically in black organizations like "united negro college fund" and "negro league baseball" and so on and so forth

when i was growing up it was pretty damn common word, no one freaked out about it - its literally another word for black.. so what the fuck is the motherfucking problem?? anybody got some explanation on this? other than bullshit white guilt and pandering?

Banned? You? Inconceivable!

Snark aside, I'm sure you know the word still carries all of its baggage from the Jim Crow years.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam
17. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 12:22 jdreyer

Axis wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 09:21:
And I still have no interest, am I missing something?

For me, I have no interest in the genre really. I can see the draw of "anything can happen" and the stakes (losing everything) but I just don't have time to be ganked by a bunch of 14 years olds that have playing 12 hours a day for months.

Is it this game, or the genre you don't like?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 24, 2015, 03:25 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 02:51:
We're reporting on Kicktraq projections now? The fuck?

Yes, for the reboot of one of the seminal FPS franchises.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 24, 2015, 02:18 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 23:14:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 19:33:
Boeing patents 'Star Wars'-style force fields.

Boeing is currently working on the "double front" setting.

But can I still bulls-eye womprats from my 747 back home? That's the kicker...

You won't hit anything from a 747.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Etherium on Wednesday; New Trailer Released
1. Re: Etherium on Wednesday; New Trailer Released Mar 24, 2015, 02:15 jdreyer

Here's a gameplay trailer. While this game doesn't appear to fall very far from the trunk of the RTS tree, it does have some interesting concepts. Like SC, there are 3 unique factions. Your technology can go backwards if your upgraded buildings are destroyed. And you can win the battle by either destroying the the main colony on the ground OR by destroying the enemy fleet orbiting the planet.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 23, 2015, 22:46 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 20:39:
And what does that non-sequitur have to do with Lego Matrix? Are you a fan of UConn or something?

Nothing, just read about her. Hadn't heard before, wondering if anyone knew.

It's Into the Black, not Lego Matrixidation.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 23, 2015, 20:32 jdreyer

Anyone ever hear of Mo'ne Davis? First 14 year old girl that pitched a shut out in the Little League post season in history. Apparently also an amazing basketball player that wants to play for UConn.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Star Citizen Version 1.1
48. Re: Star Citizen Version 1.1 Mar 23, 2015, 20:20 jdreyer

This thread failed to make 100 comments.

I'm officially declaring "peak Star Citizen."

Live long, and prosper.

4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 23, 2015, 20:09 jdreyer

Orogogus wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 19:33:
What does "no longer on track to be funded" mean? I clicked on the link and it says it's trending towards 102% of its goal. I don't see a gigantic spike today to suggest that this was something that changed after the post, either. It's in the high side of their projection cone, but it's not completely out of the ballpark yet.

There was a bit of a spike today (double the amt from Saturday and Sunday) that probably pushed it back up into "funded" territory, but it's not looking good when you check both the projection graph and the trend graph.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 23, 2015, 19:33 jdreyer

Boeing patents 'Star Wars'-style force fields.

Boeing is currently working on the "double front" setting.

Live long, and prosper.

1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 23, 2015, 19:25 jdreyer

Descent- Underground by Descendent Studios is no longer on track to be funded

I think they shot themselves in the foot by focusing initially on multiplayer.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 18:29 jdreyer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 17:32:
The problem being you are farming an area with great amounts of water and that was never intended to be.

The majority of Cali's water for agro has come from the snow pack in the Sierra Nevada mountains, which up until the last few years has been an reliable water source. They've had off years in the past, but never three in a row. Anthropomorphic global warming is really screwing things up, increasing in both length and severity naturally occurring phenomena.

Live long, and prosper.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 18:18 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 17:45:
Closest I've even come to religion is The Tao. I'm big fan of it. And Lao Tzu is a big fan of humility.

So, I think what you're saying is you're still struggling to adhere to the precepts?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 23, 2015, 18:12 jdreyer

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 16:46:
BitWraith wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 08:53:
The bigger problem with 4K is even those who know what it is don't care.

4K is annoying because it doesn't actually correspond to its resolution. (3820x2160) 720p and 1080p were easy - the vertical pixel height and p= progressive scan, which was superior to i= interlaced scan. Suddenly 4K comes out and means...nothing. Oh, sorry, it's "about" 4 times better than 1080p. Whatever. 2160p just wasn't up to marketing snuff, I guess.

That said, I do want one at some point. The main benefit is the much tighter pixel density. It's like comparing a 1080p TV to a LCD monitor. One you can have inches from your eyeballs and it looks great, one...not so much. Certain PC functions - desktop, web browser, etc - look MUCH better on a 4K screen across the living room. I play some games from my laptop which I have hooked into my TV and although the games are generally good, anything else is hard to read. Movies and TV shows look better, even if they are not in 4K natively. Hard to argue with the pixel density.

Yeah, could have just as easily been 2KP.

Hmm, on second thought, maybe not...

Live long, and prosper.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2015, 17:09 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 16:38:
And this water shortage means food prices will go up for everyone in NA over the next 3 years. One place to start. Ban fucking lawns. No more lawns. A nice rock/wild garden with desert plants looks beautiful, is hardy, and no more wasted water, and wasted fueld and pollution from the ancillary stuff that surrounds that industry, lawnmowers, weed whackers, leaf blowers, lawn seed, etc. It's all just been a massive, and absolutely totally unnecessary waste of time, money and resources. And charge golf courses through the nose at the very least. Those things should be outlawed completely.

And people should start getting back to creating victory gardens and learn how to can, pickle, and preserve foodstuffs. During WWII almost 80% of people in NA had some form of victory garden and were canning, pickling, and preserving their own food. We actually used to eat a lot more, and should eat a lot more, lacto-fermented foods.

Let's see if California has the will to correct the problem or go under.

Hopefully stuff like this where an Orange CA couple were both sued and faced charges for ripping out their grass and making a rock garden are a thing of the past.

And Victory gardens are a great idea. Just don't allow the growing of rice.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 23, 2015, 16:46 jdreyer

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 15:17:
Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 12:29:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 11:38:
How much blood do you have to donate to get access to the patch?

All of it.

Now there's a DLC cross promotion I could get behind. Unlock a new character/skin/whatev by getting a code from donating blood at your local red cross.

That was my reference. In Denmark you get the base game free if you donate blood.

Live long, and prosper.

11577 Comments. 579 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo