Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 11967 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 01:21 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 00:32:
Really? And when, pray, was the last time the US, China, and Russia were at war with each other? Oh right, never. And they neve will. The MIIC has been milking the taxpayers since Eisenhower left - and warned the public about. 70 years and trillions of dollars wasted - scratch that, stolen - from the American taxpayer for shit they don't need in conflicts that never needed to happen. But hey, enjoy not even being in the top 30 of living standards around the world now.

Cutter, the US flown against Russian and Chinese jets many times in the past 75 years: Korea, Vietnam, the Middle East, etc. even if we've never been formally at war with Russia and China. And we're also supposed to be selling our jets to our allies, whose air forces might run into gen 5 jets from Chengdu and Sukhoi and expect not to lose too many planes after paying top dollar. I agree the program is largely a boondoggle at this point, but the money has basically been spent. And when they loose a few, we'll see them replaced by much cheaper drones anyway. The F-35 will likely be America's last manned fighter aircraft program.

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 01:06 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 23:34:
William Shatner is a second rate actor? Best acting of his career was in Boston Legal.

DENNY CRANE!

BTW, finished watching DareDevil on Netflix. Wow. Quite a bit bloodier and darker then I thought it would be, but daaaaaamn, I want another season!

Yeah, Daredevil is impressive. I've watched 4 episodes so far, and am liking it a lot.

Your sig is still making me smile.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Video Diary Apr 20, 2015, 20:18 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 20:09:
It LOOKS amazing. But if you couldn't even follow around another player that smoothly on bikes in BF4, how the hell are you going to do so flying speeder bikes on Endor?

And part of my is cringing about how bad Battlefront 2 was.

Hey! Bfront 2 was fun! I mean, it was no HL2, but it was fun for what it was.

Live long, and prosper.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 17:24 jdreyer

That FF4 trailer looks pretty good. That cast fit well into their roles with the possible exception of Jamie Bell, who is a fine actor, but maybe not right for the iconic character and personality of Ben Grimm.

And, yep, who can deny the influence of Half Life.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video
36. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Maxed Settings Video Apr 20, 2015, 17:14 jdreyer

LittleMe wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 14:09:
Is there any other engine or game, PC or not, that does offers this sort of experience as well as this?

Arma 3 offers high close-in fidelity with incredible draw distances handling hundreds of square kilometers.

The Witcher 3 handles both a massive world with fine close-in detail, at least according to the trailer.

Live long, and prosper.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 15:58 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 15:20:
Or 140 million for a fighter jet that'll never be used.

I assume you're referring to the F-35. The cost is $1.5T for the entire program, or an average of $178M per plane. Is it worth 3.5 F-16s? They only cost $47M each.

Also, the F-35 is a dog. Say what you will about the F-22, at least it can do what it was designed for. The F-35, especially the VSTOL requirement, makes it jack of all trades, master of none.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2015, 16:08.

Live long, and prosper.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 15:50 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 14:28:
He said California is the breadbasket of the world. He must be getting senile as that belongs to Saskatchewan alone which supplies 10% of the world's wheat. The US combined only supplies about 10% of the world's wheat.

And desalinization is perfectly viable. You'd need to spend about 600B +/- to provide water for the entire state. That's less than the US military budget for 1 year. Slash your wasteful corporate welfare to the MIIC and you'll have plenty of money for things people actually need.

Perfect example: Congress Again Buys Abrams Tanks the Army Doesn't Want

Even the Army recognizes the need to scale back, but the GOP keep stealing from the taxpayers regardless.

Well not literally bread, but California produces a massive amount of food, more than half of all fruit, veggies, and nuts in the USA. If it was its own country, it would be one of the top 10 agricultural nations in the world, ahead of Canada, Mexico, Germany, and Spain. If CA got nuked entire crops would fall off the face of the planet or double in price like almonds, raisins, and walnuts, because they're produced nowhere else or CA is by far the leading producer.

As for desal plants, they don't need to desal 100% of their water, but some major % needs to be covered, like 25-30%. And that's a few hundred billion. And that would be after cheaper alternatives such as gray water reclamation, more efficient irrigation techniques, and other conservation methods had been implemented.

Live long, and prosper.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 14:27 jdreyer

I guess if worse comes to worse, they could start draining lake Tahoe. Lots of fresh water there.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 13:28 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 05:07:
Quinn wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 03:50:

I bought the most expensive place (500.000,- dollars) with the pre-order bonus. That, plus a car that looks like a '67 Chevrolet Impala. Then I bought some smokes at a store, headed into the mountains, parked my car at a place with a beautiful view of the city, and lit one up.

Good times.

Yep, escapism at its finest. If I had just purchased a 500k house in California in RL, I would have done the exact same thing.

I'd just like to point out that $500K doesn't get you much in L.A. Something ten times that amount would be nice.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
12. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 12:48 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 09:25:
First Ive heard of it. Still, doesnt that describe the character he played on Firefly, like, to perfection?

Close, but the big difference might be that the character Jayne wasn't homophobic. For example he's turned on, not disgusted by Inara's female clients.

Live long, and prosper.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 03:40 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2015, 21:30:
Sounds like George is doing it more for spite than out of any altruistic notion. If the elites/big biz were paying their share of taxes to begin with there'd be no shortage of money for affordable housing/etc. to begin with.

Not to mention the economy would be stronger. Keynes, FTW. He never goes out of style.

Live long, and prosper.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 03:36 jdreyer

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 01:39:
Not to mention people who are buying PoE are getting it off GOG.COM or some other website besides steam. There's no reason to buy a DRM free game on steam. So the steam numbers are skewed to only those who use steam for gaming.

You say that like Steam users are a small fraction when the likelihood is that it's a vast majority.

Live long, and prosper.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 19, 2015, 23:21 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 19, 2015, 20:13:
Pillars has dropped surprisingly fast. Elite Dangerous has been around since December 16 last year and with its 6DoF gameplay is arguably WAY more niche than BG clone PoE.
Yet it's still ahead of PoE and of course no sale to be seen anywhere for both games which might explain the difference.
With the high popularity of PoE and the almost exceptionally raving reviews (contrary to ED which has had only mostly positive but more mixed reviews), I really have just one single conclusion here: Grats to David Braben for making the right choice (at least from a business POV) when he introduced the always online DRM of ED.
At the same time, DRM-free PoE is probably getting freeloaded left, right and center so it's falling fast off the charts.

E:D has only been on Steam for a couple of weeks. Before that it was sold exclusively through Frontier's website.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Developer Switch
7. Re: Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Developer Switch Apr 19, 2015, 23:16 jdreyer

Deepjay wrote on Apr 19, 2015, 21:42:
Developer changes like this is an almost guaranteed fail of a game IMO. It's like the original developer goes in with all the hopes and dreams - then promptly runs out of money. Developer 2, or 3 or what not comes in, picks up the mess and tries to make a great game out of what's already been done.

Hey, it worked out for Duke Nukem and A:CM!

Oh, wait...

Live long, and prosper.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2015, 17:54 jdreyer

George Lucas wants to build affordable housing on his land because ‘we’ve got enough millionaires.’

As much as I beat on George for making the prequels awful and fiddling with the original trilogy, I have to applaud him for putting his money where his mouth is and helping average people.

Live long, and prosper.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2015, 16:23 jdreyer

Shockingly, we managed to produce 40 bags of debris from a yard that was almost completely cleared last fall. It just doesn't make sense, but that giant collection of bags isn't lying.

Odd, isn't it, that the neighbors' yard went from messy to pristine last weekend, yet they put no bags at the curb...

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 19, 2015, 16:21 jdreyer

We are now 100% secure from terrorists who tweet their plans in advance.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 19, 2015, 16:17 jdreyer

Interesting that it has grown so much. I on rare occasions use it if I can't find what I'm looking for in google, or to see if their image search will return different results for what I'm searching, but it's not 20% of the time for sure.

Interestingly I read the other day that more than 90% of internet searches in Europe are on Google.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 18, 2015, 23:03 jdreyer

Comcast/TWC merger may be blocked by Justice Department.

By hook or by crook, this has to be blocked. It's the worst result for internet users in the USA.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Apr 18, 2015, 23:02 jdreyer

siapnar wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 15:09:
He had me for a bit at the beginning

(GTA review)

"Kitty stomping and dog humping" Laugh2

Live long, and prosper.

11967 Comments. 599 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo