Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 12878 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2015, 14:07 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 09:52:
W

Also ketchup guy is a tool, pointless shit like that is the reason why I will never bother with rental properties of my own.

A better place to play that is outside at a picnic or something. It's going to be a royal pain to get those tomato stains out of the wall and ceiling. Hope he monetized that vid and gives his girl some of it.

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 15, 2015, 13:59 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 09:43:
They're referring to "active" video games using the Kinect like Just Dance and whatever else. It's still total nonsense and ignores the important face to face socializing that people do in sports but whatever.

Not to mention getting fresh air, focusing your eyes further than 6' in front of you, seeing the calming green and blue colors of the foliage and the sky that's been scientifically proven to relax and calm people, etc. Sure, active gaming is better than no exercise at all, but it's certainly not preferable to going outside. Unless it's raining.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 15, 2015, 13:55 jdreyer

Axis wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 13:40:
Someone let Nick Statt in on the joke yet? PC games have never, ever suffered. Ever.

Just one of the many fads and falsehoods people will feel stupid to have believed in and propagated about in their lifetime.

Well, the press has to generate clicks, and artificial drama helps with that.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 15, 2015, 13:53 jdreyer

Axis wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 13:35:
Hulu still has it wrong. Yes everyone would prefer less advertisement, but that's not why people are leaving.

People are leaving because they can't stream all the show episodes on their TV, *some* have to be from a computer only. And while hooking up a PC to the TV is easy for many, it's annoying enough to cancel subscriptions.

So that's the answer for you Hulu execs who won't read any of this.

I think making people pay and still forcing ads is probably the biggest reason, especially since the competition does not. If you're going to force ads on the pay option, have one short ad at the start and that's it. I agree that the limitation you mention is just stupid as well.

I've also noticed on Hulu, that not all the episodes from the season are available. Do they make them all available under Hulu+?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Fallout 4 in November
62. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 05:15 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 01:23:
Ward wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 01:21:
"Ignored Jun 15, 2015, 00:43 Slick
To view this user's posts click on the username."

ah much better, looks like a flippin' real fun game everybody!

except when someone quotes me, and then i'm BACK BABY!

oh man, it's that guy who never said a personal insult to anyone, who was trying to have a discussion about a videogame, BURN THE WITCH, BUUUURRRRN HIIIM.

Yeah, but who would ever quote you?

Live long, and prosper.

19. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 15, 2015, 00:30 jdreyer

@ Slick

Sure, it didn't look as good as it could have, but there's a ton of shit that Bethesda had to build for this game that something like BF4 or whatever doesn't have to worry about: RPG stats and systems, destructible environments, base building, quest lines, factions & races, monsters, VATS, etc. etc. Given what they're building, it looks good enough to me.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > DOOM Next Spring
7. Re: Doom Next Spring Jun 15, 2015, 00:21 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 23:58:
I'd give it a shot. Looks good, so far. Reminds me of Serious Sam, and that's not a bad thing.

Funny, I had the same thought with the speed and the number of enemies.

Live long, and prosper.

6. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 14, 2015, 23:36 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 23:28:
I love surprises like this. Instead of announcing it 3 years out, we're given a 5 month warning. "Clear your calendar, specifically November."

Even with the number of retainers taking preorders already, I planned a 2016 release. So this is all the more welcome.

Yeah, that looked amazing. So much stuff crammed in there. Looks to be the ultimate sci-fi sandbox game.

Live long, and prosper.

5. Re: Fallout 4 in November Jun 14, 2015, 23:34 jdreyer

Cram wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 23:27:
That may have been one of the best E3 presentations I have ever seen. Dude hit it out of the park.

I have never played a Fallout game before. Think I'll start Nov 10.

You can start right away. They're all good, although 1 & 2 are pretty old school. New Vegas is probably the best.

Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > DOOM Snapmap Announced - Updated: New Trailer
8. Re: DOOM Snapmap Announced Jun 14, 2015, 23:20 jdreyer

On the live feed they're showing how you'll build your "base." Looks like they're taking queues from other building sandbox games like 7 Days to Die and the like. Also, the destructible environments look nice too.  

Live long, and prosper.

7. Re: DOOM Snapmap Announced Jun 14, 2015, 23:15 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 23:05:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 22:54:
Huh, is Blue going to liveblog Bethesda's E3 presentation? It would mean a late night for him, but i'd be game

Must be! Covering Dishonored as well! YOU'RE MY BOY, BLUE!

Please refrain from any and all Little Boy Blue remarks.

Thanks, The Management.

Live long, and prosper.

3. Re: DOOM Snapmap Announced Jun 14, 2015, 22:54 jdreyer

Huh, is Blue going to liveblog Bethesda's E3 presentation? It would mean a late night for him, but i'd be game.

Right now they're doing FO4. They just went through the opening where you create your character through actual gameplay, pre-destruction. Was pretty cool, actually.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 14, 2015, 21:33 jdreyer

Under DX 12 wouldn't 2 970s give you a total of 7 mb? Or does that new feature have to be programmed for specifically? Does it not apply to legacy games?  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 14, 2015, 21:23 jdreyer

Redmask wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 18:02:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 17:18:
What the FUCK is The Witcher 3 doing BEHIND utter shite like ARK, GTA V and CSGO???

This supports the turd pic of that indie dude where he said the gaming industry is going to shit. He's right. It is going down the shitter real fast when quality games like TW3 rank lower than complete garbage like ARK, GTA V and the rehash of a two decades old MP shooter.

Games move around in the charts depending on sales and release dates, you don't need to get all 14 year old girl about it.
The poster could be a 14 year old girl. You don't know.

Live long, and prosper.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 14, 2015, 21:16 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 17:18:
What the FUCK is The Witcher 3 doing BEHIND utter shite like ARK, GTA V and CSGO???

This supports the turd pic of that indie dude where he said the gaming industry is going to shit. He's right. It is going down the shitter real fast when quality games like TW3 rank lower than complete garbage like ARK, GTA V and the rehash of a two decades old MP shooter.
You're entitled to your opinion of course but it's no surprise that a niche RPG is selling less than 1. the best selling game ever (GTAV) and 2. one of the most played multiplayer games ever (CSGO). As for ARK, survival games are trendy and kids love dinos.

Live long, and prosper.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 14, 2015, 21:09 jdreyer

siapnar wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 15:36:
I'm impressed by ARK being at the top again. A relatively little known game that didn't have much press is now killin it
I'm at the park right now. Asked the kids what they're playing. Was expecting tablet crap or maybe Hearthstone. Both said ARK and started talking about what level their T-rexes were. Both kids have PCs and prefer them to any other platform. Kids age 9-12. Kids luv dinos. Was stoked that PC was their fav.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
12. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 14, 2015, 21:00 jdreyer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 19:01:
This seems very late to the party and struggling with issues already tackled by Oculus and Vive. More importantly it doesn't have any major backing, as Valve is working with the Vive and Facebook owns Oculus. To me this seems like a non-starter, as interesting as the tech is.

As already mentioned, we need VR to be an open platform and not tied to any one manufacturer.
Hard to argue with your analysis but I'm hopeful you're wrong. This is the best VR resolution yet.

Live long, and prosper.

5. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 14, 2015, 15:26 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 15:16:
Jesus, look at the size of the thing.

That's what she said! HEYOOOOO!

Seriously, you're talking about the shotgun peripheral, right?

This could be a superior experience than other VR offerings due to the wide FoV they're offering using a very widescreen display. You get greater immersion due to having peripheral vision. Still, I agree you'll need some pretty heavy duty rendering hardware to run it.

Live long, and prosper.

4. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 14, 2015, 15:23 jdreyer

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 13:48:
5k display? Sooooo, minimum spec is 3 gtx 980 ti's or something?

Wait, are you saying you DON'T have 3 GTX 980 ti's?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2015, 23:29 jdreyer

Lorcin wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 21:03:
PHJF wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 20:23:
Worst Steam Sale Ever

No really. I've logged on once to steam. Just not interested in either the over priced console games or "retro style" indie games. I got enough "retro style" games when they where "new" 30 years ago.

Interesting you say that. I spent $25 on GoG the past week, buying mostly older games to get my retro fix. I've only spent $5 on Steam so far. I either have what I want from Steam, or have got stuff in the backlog similar enough that I can't justify dropping the cash.

Live long, and prosper.

12878 Comments. 644 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo