Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 14668 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 11, 2015, 01:27 jdreyer

@Jim,

Great comments. Thanks.

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tetris Ultimate Released
2. Re: Tetris Ultimate Released Dec 11, 2015, 01:23 jdreyer

Does it support Oculus Rift?  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online on Steam
6. Re: MechWarrior Online on Steam Dec 11, 2015, 01:20 jdreyer

There's a rumor they're making an SP portion for this. Anyone have any inside info?  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Devilian Released
2. Re: Devilian Released Dec 11, 2015, 01:16 jdreyer

2005 called and wants its graphics back.

Also, it's pretty clear the conversation went like this:
"What graphic style should we use?"
"Well, what's the top MMO?"
"WoW."
"Then that's what we'll use!"

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Chucklefish Forums Breached
5. Re: Chucklefish Forums Breached Dec 10, 2015, 16:26 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 11:58:
In the modern era of these near constant breaches, why is SecOps seemingly the LAST thing on the "to-do" list of many businesses?
Also there's often a financial decision that the breach will be cheaper than implementing sec ops. Sony calculated that a breach would only cost them $1M but good security cost $10M. So they blew it off. Then they got hacked which cost them $100M.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 9, 2015, 04:56 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 03:40:
As of late November, the last time I read anything about it, they were still working on local coop. It'll only be two players max(for local), just fair warning.

I haven't been keeping up to date on it though, I don't think I've played local coop on any pc game in quite some time.

Good to know. I guess I'll hold off a bit. We play a lot of local coop here, and I just bought a bunch: Cortex Command, Trine 3, Dungeon Seige 3, Tiny Brains, Never Alone, and Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Dec 9, 2015, 04:08 jdreyer

The plan was to have 32 of these. Instead we're getting 3.

It seems like we're unilaterally disarming these days. For example, the plan was to buy 750 F-22s to replace 1000 F-15s. Instead we only bought 187. B-2 was supposed to be 165 bombers, but we only got 20. Original plan was to buy 2800 F-35s. Currently that's been reduced to 2400, but we'll be lucky to see 1000 if current trends hold.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 9, 2015, 02:02 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 21:43:
Victor Vran is definitely worth the $9.99, half off price. Very good, but gets a bit grindy/repetitive as time goes on. Also, Ranged Legendary weapons are WAY better than melee legendaries, at least the ones I've had drop.

I only want this if I can play local coop with my kids. They were talking over the summer about adding it. Does anyone know if they have?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Crouching Tiger. Dec 9, 2015, 01:53 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 21:48:
February 26th on Netflix, excellent. Trailer looks a bit too wire-work related for me, but I'll still watch it.

Moreso than the original?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Immortal Empire Released
1. Re: Immortal Empire Released Dec 8, 2015, 21:59 jdreyer

Like Diablo? Like Xcom? Have we got a treat for you!  

Live long, and prosper.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2015, 12:11 jdreyer

Enjoy your retirement, Neil!  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced
35. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 8, 2015, 04:57 jdreyer

Full Throttle would be totally awesome on tablet. Just sayin'  

Live long, and prosper.

34. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 8, 2015, 04:57 jdreyer

Numinar wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:52:
Julio wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:08:
DarkV wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 16:29:
No thanks. Tim Schafer is a PoS.

Agreed. A lot of Tim Schafer SJW apologists showed up in this thread, guess DF is feeling the heat and doing some PR.

Oh cool, blue's is turning into a conspiracy website where any contrarian opinion gets called out as shills or cointelpro by closed minded morons! I love when that happens to a beloved website!

Shut up! Your opinion is shrill, and that of a closed minded moron!

Live long, and prosper.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2015, 04:49 jdreyer

@Bodolza

Although a lot of good points have been made already, let me approach this from a different perspective. Movies are at their best when they follow the rule of "Show, don't tell." The original trilogy works so well because it largely follows this rule. We don't have to be told the Empire is evil because it's obvious: their warriors are faceless skeletons, their leader dresses all in black, they fly gigantic aggressive spear shaped space ships, and they blow up fucking planets. Compare that to TPM where we have to watch mealy mouthed Neimoidians effeminately cower in fear as Qui Gon tries to cut his way into the bridge. Those are our bad guys???

In the original trilogy, what dialog there is is succinct and crisp: Han Solo's “Watch your mouth kid, or you'll find yourself floating home,” Vader's “Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son,” Leia's "Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?" I could go on and on with quotable lines from the original trilogy. You know instantly who said these:
- "Let the Wookie win."
- "That's no moon."
- "I've got a bad feeling about this."
- "Never tell me the odds."
- "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
- "It's a trap!"
- "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
- "Now young Skywalker, you will die."

It's sad that all the new trilogy lines that people know are the mocked ones:
- "Meesa Jar-jar Binks! Meesa your humble servant!"
- "Do you like sand? I hate sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere,"
- "Are you an angel?"
- "So have you. Grown more beautiful, I mean. Well, for a Senator I mean."
- "So this is how liberty dies… with thunderous applause."
- "I’ve been wondering… what are midi-chlorians?"

Ugh. And all that tripe is in addition to the reams of dialog about trade federations, blockades, invasions, investigations, senatorial votes, and other coma-inducing shit that isn't in the original trilogy because the political maneuvers are all obvious from the action.

That being said, I don't dislike the new trilogy as much as others. I don't really mind Jar-jar and Watto. And there are some great scenes that are a lot of fun: the podrace, Darth Maul fight, Jango Fett fight, the clone trooper battle on Geonosis, the battle over Coruscant, Obi Wan vs. Grevious.

And this brings us to Ep 3, your fav. I'm not sure this is the best choice. Yes, it starts with a bang over Coruscant, and has good action scenes sprinkled throughout. But it's ending scenes are unforgivable:
- Anakin's turn to the dark side is wholly unconvincing.
- Order 66 is a complete deus ex machina from out of the blue
- Obi Wan's defeat of Anakin is complete BS ("I've got the high ground" for Jedi that can jump 100 feet in the air??? Lucas couldn't come up with anything more clever than that?)
- Padme dying of a broken heart??? What the actual fuck? Just have Anakin break her windpipe in a fit of rage and she slowly suffocates to death while he battles Obi Wan. How hard is that?
- Darth Vader's fucking "NOOOOOOOOO!"

'nuff sed.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 8, 2015, 03:30 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 20:36:
Two things I'd do to revive the Windows Phone, make it a completely open platform to develop apps for modeled after the beginning of the PC from the 80's including the ability to purchase and install apps from anywhere (direct from developers site).

Allow people to run android apps on the phone including the ability to side load apps.

Wait, are you trying to suggest that purchasing and porting Minecraft to WinPhone won't save it? Are you on the Apple payroll?

It's a shame, b/c Winphone is a cool OS.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > DiRT Rally Released
9. Re: DiRT Rally Released Dec 8, 2015, 03:27 jdreyer

It looks good, but it's past time for Codemasters to update their engine. Dirt 2 came out six years ago, and there's almost no difference between the two visually.

Live long, and prosper.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2015, 11:09 jdreyer

No Post-Credits Scene On "Force Awakens."

Good. They're annoying.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
14. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 6, 2015, 23:25 jdreyer

It's a cliche even to say MOBAs are a cliche.  

Live long, and prosper.

14. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 6, 2015, 22:21 jdreyer

deqer wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 20:44:
I don't understand what their thinking is on this.

I mean, do they really think Full-Throttle remastered is going to fly?

It's not going to fly, it's going to RIIIIIIIIIDE!!! In your eye, Mr. "I'd be on one right now, sir, if it weren't for my destabilizing inner-ear condition."

I kid of course. I love the original artwork, and we'll always have that. If they come up with a hi-rez version of that, it might be worth it.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2015, 22:37 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 19:05:

Really you don't think almost a 20 year prison sentence won't act a deterrent for most of these idiotic punks? It's a very serious, very dangerous thing. Even when people aren't injured or killed there's serious psychological trauma. There's damage to the property that has costs. Stigma from the neighbors. On and on it goes.

Mandatory minimums and even death sentences for drug dealers (death when they ordered hits, etc.) had no impact on crime rates. These people never think they'll get caught. Ditto with swatters.

Obviously some jail time is needed, but he'll get out at 30 a hardened criminal, not a functioning member of society.

Live long, and prosper.

14668 Comments. 734 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo