Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 11165 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
26. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 13:28 jdreyer

harlock wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 13:09:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 13:05:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 10:42:
With so much DLC coming and modding (per press release 2 or 3 days ago) now I'm wondering if the shorter game was more an attempt to extend the life with DLC.

Huh, is it that short? I heard someone on a gaming podcast mention they were 20 hours in, and only half way done with the story. That sounded like a decent amount.

ive got 24 hours played so far, 45 quests done, 53% story finished

That doesn't sound like they cut the story short to sell DLC. Does it feel that way? Are there things "missing?" Besides the driving.

EDIT: Replied before seeing Acleacius' response.

"The worst of it all is i used to ENJOY getting excited for big titles like this, but these publishers just keep ruining my love for this wonderful hobby with their endless fuckery." - Sempai
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 13:05 jdreyer

Acleacius wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 10:42:
With so much DLC coming and modding (per press release 2 or 3 days ago) now I'm wondering if the shorter game was more an attempt to extend the life with DLC.

Huh, is it that short? I heard someone on a gaming podcast mention they were 20 hours in, and only half way done with the story. That sounded like a decent amount.

"The worst of it all is i used to ENJOY getting excited for big titles like this, but these publishers just keep ruining my love for this wonderful hobby with their endless fuckery." - Sempai

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 10, 2015, 12:58 jdreyer

nin wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:30:
Suckage wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:23:
I like the Exploding Kittens approach to stretch goals. They're more akin to achievements than meeting a funding goal.

Yeah, they're having fun, which is the way to do it...the Batmen in a hot tub had me giggling. Did they remove the achievement about getting GRRM to tweet? I don't see it any more. Maybe Spider Men in a kayak replaced it.

It's easy to have fun when your $10K kickstarter is approaching (pinky on corner of mouth) SIX MILLION DOLLARS.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 10, 2015, 12:56 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:30:
Holy crap could this Impact Winter game be ripping off anymore people? Just looking at their store page to start they're ripping off The Day After Tomorrow, Fallout, The Long Dark, and probably several other things too. It's going to suck.

Like how every fantasy RPG ever made rips off Tolkien? Or how Dying Light, L4D, DayZ, etc. ripped off Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days Later?

Besides, I thought you liked survival games that didn't include zombies?

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2015, 13:01.

18. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 12:52 jdreyer

Three AAA game stories on Blue's, three DLC/Season Pass set ups: Alien Isolation, Dying Light, and Evolve. I don't mind decently made DLC, but it's just depressing that that's become the business model, as opposed to waiting and seeing how the game does before committing to DLC.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
11. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 12:41 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 10:51:
Hm... Could this evolve into something good?

Yes, it could in two years. It will be called "Evolve GOTY Edition" and contain all the DLC released for the game up to that point.

These guys are doing an offline mode with bots (or coop including bots) so I will own this at some point. Probably when GOTY comes out.

In these guys defense, they've said that each person can play every map, regardless of if they have the DLC or not. So that the community won't be fractured.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2015, 12:47.

News Comments > The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings
8. Re: The Witness Blows Through Braid Earnings Feb 10, 2015, 00:16 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 11:48:
If it flops he'll care. Feature creep is generally a bad thing. You have to learn to define the core and focus on getting that done on time and on budget.

Yeah, I appreciate him giving good value, but gotta draw the line somewhere. And almost everyone I know owns Braid, so that was a lot of $$$ for Jonathan to Blow through.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 10, 2015, 00:11 jdreyer

Grokk wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 20:46:
I was unpleasantly surprised to discover that multiplayer on the PS4 required an active PSN subscription.

After getting rid of GTAV and my PS3, I got the game for PS4 only to discover that I couldn't play multiplayer without the subscription.
Very disappointing to say the least.

I'm nowhere near active enough on the console to warrant a monthly/yearly subscription.

Sell the PS4, get a nice graphics card, and play the PC version?

News Comments > Original Early Access Game Pulled
32. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 21:10 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 20:06:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 19:26:
harlock wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 16:18:
speaking of shit like this... anyone been following limit theory in the past month?

Giggle

Josh changed up is communication method. He stopped his daily dev logs, and instead updates weekly or so on the KS page. That being said, he missed last weeks update, and currently there's a "Where is Josh" thread on the LT General Forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is burned out, or came down with something awful. He's been getting more erratic over the past several months, and putting too much pressure on himself to make unreasonable deadlines. You can only get 3 hours of sleep for so many months before something breaks.
That poll is hilarious
"his mom cut his allowance"

I chose the "Kidnapped by aliens for revealing their secrets" option.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: RE: Follow up Feb 9, 2015, 20:39 jdreyer

UConnBBall wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 18:57:
Wish more people used GamersGate for purchasing thing so that Steam feels some pressure of competition from someone.

Huh, I've bought from Steam, GoG, Humble, D2D, Gamefly, and Origin. Strange, never bought from GG in all this time.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 9, 2015, 20:06 jdreyer

That dude is very French. The world looks intriguing, and the prerendered stuff looks fantastic, as you'd expect from a studio that is primarily an animation studio. Not seeing much game play though. And for the kind of game they'd like to make, they'll probably need 30x more than the 330K they're asking for. The KS amount would probably run their studio for a month or two.  

29. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 19:26 jdreyer

harlock wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 16:18:
speaking of shit like this... anyone been following limit theory in the past month?

Giggle

Josh changed up is communication method. He stopped his daily dev logs, and instead updates weekly or so on the KS page. That being said, he missed last weeks update, and currently there's a "Where is Josh" thread on the LT General Forum.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is burned out, or came down with something awful. He's been getting more erratic over the past several months, and putting too much pressure on himself to make unreasonable deadlines. You can only get 3 hours of sleep for so many months before something breaks.

27. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 19:04 jdreyer

I wonder if you could do a "half up front, half when the job is done" kind of deal with Early Access. The details would be challenging (at the very least you'd need metrics to prevent the dev from pulling a Space Base DF-9), but then you'd give the devs some motivation for finishing the project. Maybe the EA people could vote, and 70% agreement would release the funds. If the dev pulls out, at least people could get a partial refund.  

News Comments > Shadow Realms Cancelled
3. Re: Shadow Realms Cancelled Feb 9, 2015, 18:53 jdreyer

1. Watch Evolve gameplay
2. Cancel own 4 vs. 1 game.
3. Profit!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2015, 17:14 jdreyer

Jeff Bridges Tells About Prank On Lebowski Set.

Just glad he didn't get Swatted. Love Jeff Bridges.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2015, 17:08 jdreyer

Best Wines to Pair With Chili.

Dunno, I'd probably die of alcohol poisoning if I drank wine with chili. I usually drink a few beers.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2015, 17:05 jdreyer

Your instance of Windows checks in with the Microsoft servers once every 24 hours, 365 days a year. If it fails to check in every 24 hours, it shuts down and you'll have to call a Microsoft rep to revalidate it.

Just like XB1.

News Comments > Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M
48. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 9, 2015, 15:44 jdreyer

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 21:47:
Good news? it will reach 1bil.
Bad news? most of us wont live to see it.

Skip forward 40 years. KilrathiAce on deathbed to grandson:

"Grandson, you... must.... defeat... the Vanduul. And... go to... Blues News... and post as... VanduulAce..."

*passes on to the Bhantkara-class carrier in the sky*

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 9, 2015, 00:42 jdreyer

Squirmer wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 00:33:
Alien invasions were de rigueur when the perceived enemy was an outsider (e.g. communist Russia). Zombies are more suitable now due to fear of enemies within (e.g. terrorism).

Hey, nice analysis.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 8, 2015, 16:15 jdreyer

Having the words "HIV" and "dongle" in the same sentence gives me the willies.

11165 Comments. 559 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo