Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 12253 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Video
39. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 22:13 jdreyer

NKD wrote on May 14, 2015, 19:39:
Osc8r wrote on May 14, 2015, 18:43:

Y NO WC4?

Because the RTS genre is effectively dead. People can be in denial about this all they want, but Blizzard's not going to spend more money on some big budget RTS after the mediocre performance of Starcraft 2.

Yeah, even the well-praised (but poorly named) Grey Goo is the 200th best selling strategy game on Steam. That's awful for a game that just came out and probably cost $15-20M to make. We'll never see Warcraft 4.

Zug-zug.

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black May 14, 2015, 22:04 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on May 14, 2015, 21:41:
Wow, that was just awful. And did they really need to make Jimmy Olson black? Rolleyes

I don't care about that, but this is bad: Jimmy Olsen has to give her the blanket? Superman doesn't have time to visit his own cousin even though he can get anywhere in the world in 30 seconds??

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 14, 2015, 21:27 jdreyer

Our attention span is now less than that of a goldfish, Microsoft study finds.

This article is such bullsh

Hey, did you guys see this awesome Witcher article?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization May 14, 2015, 21:24 jdreyer

Konami: Man, consoles are SO 2010. Mobile is the future!!1

* RETOOLS ENTIRE PRODUCTION TO MOBILE *

Konami: Woohoo, we R teh bomb! #consolessuck

* READS INTERNET. *

PS4 Could Very Well Become The Best-Selling Console In History
Down go tablet shipments -- for the first time ever

Bigcry

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 14, 2015, 21:05 jdreyer

Microsoft Punishes Gears Leakers By (Temporarily) Bricking Xbox Ones.

Turns out that they only bricked online functionality. XB1s can still be used offline (good thing they don't need to dial home every 24 hours!)

Still, SO glad I'm not a console gamer.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 14, 2015, 20:58 jdreyer

This thing is still in beta, but they're announcing world championships?  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Space Engineers Source Code; $100K Mod Support Fund
1. Re: Space Engineers Source Code; $100K Mod Support Fund May 14, 2015, 20:52 jdreyer

"Guys. Guys! GUISE!
Listen up, I've got a great idea!

Remember how we all got bored of working on Space Engineers and all started working on Medieval Engineers instead? Yeah, well we got a lot of crap about letting it languish in Early Access. So I know that we put Ivan back on for 10 hours a week on Space Engineers with a completion set somewhere around 2020.

Well, what if (you're gonna love this!), what if we just release the SOURCE CODE and let the modders really go at it? Then we can say, well we can't update the code anymore because that would mess the modders up, so IT'S DONE!!!"

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2015, 16:53 jdreyer

@ Vern

You make good points, and a lot of those fall on Joss's shoulders: lack of Ultron development, too much banter, the red herrings, the Hawkeye stuff (Jeremy Renner hated his character development in A1, so I suspect this was written in to placate him), etc. As for the death, Joss likes to do that for stakes, but he can't b/c sequels. Honestly, I think his first draft had (spoilers) Hawkeye dying, but they switched it to Quicksilver because Hawkeye continuity.

But I think that some of this and more is the studios doing:
- Asian pandering
- Forcing so many characters into the movie that none of them have an arc.
- (Spoiler) Agent Carter TV show tie-in for no reason
- (Spoiler) Next Thor movie tie-in for no reason
- (Spoiler) Infinity gauntlet tie-in for no reason. Just way too much of this "Let's set up the future movies" crap
- (Spoiler) Forced introduction of Vision
- (Spoiler) Forced introduction of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch why exactly? Movie would have been fine without them, and two less characters to have to "develop"
- (Spoiler) Forced return of Iron Patriot

As for the Olsen sister, she's actually the talented one.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews May 14, 2015, 16:11 jdreyer

AKracing (AK-6014) Ergonomic Gaming Chair

I want one with adjustable mounts for my HOTAS.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2015, 16:05 jdreyer

Anyone watch Black Angel yet?  

Live long, and prosper.

29. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 16:02 jdreyer

ItBurn wrote on May 14, 2015, 15:29:
Game looks extremely generic and uninspired. I see no reason why I should be interested in this.

Generic? How so? I could see that comment for yet another COD clone, but this game looks like they're going out of their way to be different.

Live long, and prosper.

25. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 14:32 jdreyer

JeffD wrote on May 14, 2015, 09:51:
Wetworks24 wrote on May 14, 2015, 09:20:
It's more graphically underwhelming than I thought it would be. Least I know it'll run at 144fps with no problems.
wet, I'm not sure how you fathomed that, it looks just like the last video and cinimatics. The model design is top notch, and the playfield is nice and clean.

Looks awesome really, it is kind of nice seeing something with original characters for once. I also like the large jumps in playstyles, it wasn't all about who had the bigger gun. I will play the hell out of it.

These two statements are necessarily in conflict. Something can be graphically underwhelming and still have a great clean design. WoW pops to mind for example.

Live long, and prosper.

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2015, 13:47 jdreyer

Verno wrote on May 14, 2015, 11:35:
Between the R rating and the reviews I'm sold on Mad Max. My GF picked Age of Ultron for her movie night and that was some truly forgettable wank so I'm looking at this as payback

Yeah, Avengers 2 was Spiderman 3 as the first Avengers was to Spiderman 2. Both A2 & S3 reeked of studio intervention. The new Cap movie does too, and I expect it to be similar. The one thing I do understand is that the original cut was over 3 hours, so that might make it a better movie.

Mad Max sounds like a movie to see in the theaters for sure.

Live long, and prosper.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2015, 13:42 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on May 14, 2015, 13:13:
What's hilarious about Men's rights? Fucking SJWs. Rolleyes

I know, right? We men are a powerless oppressed minority, women hold the vast majority of C-level positions in business and politics. We only make 78 cents to a woman's dollar in the working world. And the vast majority of movies feature women and their issues. We men have a long way to go to reach equality.

@ IAMLIT_REFLEX - so funny.

This comment was edited on May 14, 2015, 14:20.

Live long, and prosper.

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2015, 04:54 jdreyer

Redmask wrote on May 13, 2015, 22:23:
Shok wrote on May 13, 2015, 17:02:
Looks like Battle.net is being DDOS'd. Blizzard tweeted that it banned a bunch of WoW accounts for botting so I assume this is the kiddies way of getting them back...

This explains why I can't get into Heroes of the Storm, thanks. Great to know that a bunch of idiot script kids can take down the biggest game provider on the planet

That is the internet's greatest strength and greatest drawback.

Live long, and prosper.

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2015, 13:12 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on May 13, 2015, 12:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 13, 2015, 11:04:
Verno wrote on May 13, 2015, 09:32:
Ripped into chunks by anti aircraft fire, ooook then. Sounds like reasonable government to me. We all bitch about ours from time to time but here's some perspective.

NK doesn't kill random civilians in Pakistan, so there is that.

Yeah, how many 10's of 1000's, maybe 100's of 1000's have died because of the US since 9/11? Cops are killing over 100 people a month on average in the US without so much as a reprimand and one guy getting killed in NK is a call for perspective? Yeah, actually it really does put things into perspective doesn't it? Just not the way Verno thought.

Estimates for total deaths in Iraq from 2003 to 2011 are as high as one million people. Pretty awful for a country that was invaded under the pretext of 9/11 even though it had nothing to do with it.

Live long, and prosper.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2015, 13:09 jdreyer

I'm a little sheepish to be such a newb, but I'm happy that this was solved so easily without a trip to any genius bars or anything like that.

Meh, if your phone had never died, you'd have no reason to know. My Samsung did the same thing last month for the first time (out of three smartphones I've owned) and it took me a bit of online research to figure out what was wrong and what to do.

Live long, and prosper.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2015, 13:06 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on May 13, 2015, 11:04:
Verno wrote on May 13, 2015, 09:32:
Ripped into chunks by anti aircraft fire, ooook then. Sounds like reasonable government to me. We all bitch about ours from time to time but here's some perspective.

NK doesn't kill random civilians in Pakistan, so there is that.

True, there's probably not much difference between getting executed with 100 20mm shells or with a hellfire missile.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 13, 2015, 04:31 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on May 12, 2015, 22:56:
How much did they make? I suspect the fines are a drop in the bucket for them. And not a one of them goes to jail, much less even loses a job, or even a bonus. I wish I was sociopath so I could be a white collar criminal too.

Yup, just the cost of doing "business"

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale May 13, 2015, 04:30 jdreyer

Monument Valley, one of mobile's games of the year, is in the current Humble Mobile Bundle.  

Live long, and prosper.

12253 Comments. 613 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo