Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 14634 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 30, 2016, 01:32 jdreyer

This will just convince him to make the next one server hosted so it can't be pirated.

*sigh*

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Try Star Citizen for Free
19. Re: Try Star Citizen for Free Jan 30, 2016, 01:30 jdreyer

They keep having free weekends. Usually a game does that when sales are slowing. This game hasn't even launched yet, and they're doing it.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Bombshell Drops
6. Re: Bombshell Drops Jan 30, 2016, 01:28 jdreyer

I keep telling you guys they're using Anita Sarkeesian as the model, but no one believes me.

Bombshell

Anita

Remarkable, no?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust
24. Re: Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust Jan 29, 2016, 17:35 jdreyer

Want to gain the trust of PC gamers? Make your games moddable and add offline bot modes. I would 3ven put up with the nickel and diming DLC BS if you did.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 29, 2016, 16:25 jdreyer

@ Timmeh. The ACA is private health care. And the exchanges do allow any insurance company to operate in any state. The IRS part is just for people who don't buy it and try to mooch off emergency rooms. Sorry your premiums went up. That means your previous plan was so crappy that it didn't qualify.  

Live long, and prosper.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 29, 2016, 16:19 jdreyer

@CJ. Nobody was bashing Amazon. They are bashing Wall Street for being disappointed. And Amazon doesn't generate 20% profit margins for the exact reasons you mention.

That being said, Amazon isn't perfect. The way they treat their workers is poor for example.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > GOG.com's Games in Development Program
12. Re: GOG.com's Games in Development Program Jan 29, 2016, 01:20 jdreyer

Rigs wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 12:47:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 28, 2016, 11:32:
Alright, Ashes of the Singularity looks pretty intriguing and gorgeous, but it also looks like it'll melt my current comp.

Who has given in and bought AotS on gog or steam? Opinions on it?

I've been playing it off and on over the last few weeks. If there was one word this game invokes, it would be 'potential'. This game has tons of it. They seem to be committed to it and there is an enjoyable piece of the game that's readily playable right now. The comparison to Supreme Commander is an apt one. It does feel a lot like it. Planetary Annihilation too, for some reason. If you're into RTS's and have an itch for something different and don't mind some unfinished-ness and some bugs/quirks, then pick it up...if you're still not sure, there's quite a few gameplay and let's plays on Youtube of it to watch...

=-Rigs-=

This is what I'm concerned with. It looks like it has great potential, but no guarantee that it will reach it. I guess it all boils down to whether you trust Stardock to deliver. They have a pretty good track record, but there are a few issues I see with the game as it is currently.

1. All the units are hover. I really like the mix of different units in TA/SC. Each one has its strengths/weaknesses that open up a myriad of strategic and tactical possibilities. Limiting it to hover only is disappointing.

2. All the units look the same. They seem to lack character. Not only does it make for a less interesting game, but it makes it more difficult to differentiate the units. And the two sides don't look very different either.

3. No super weapons. Brad says he hates them, so he's not putting them in the game. I don't particularly like them either, but A) they are toggleable in SC, and B) sometimes the only threat the AI can pose is via super weapons.

4. Seems to lack character. Iconic units like the Sumo, Fido, Fat Boy, or Monkey Bot really added personality to SupCom and TA.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Get Fractured Space for Free
3. Re: Get Fractured Space for Free Jan 29, 2016, 01:07 jdreyer

As I have seen this name bandied about over the past year or so, I thought it was an RTS. So, it's a MOBA? NOPE.  

Live long, and prosper.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 28, 2016, 02:14 jdreyer

Geshuri is an excellent punchable candidate.

Fixed.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evolve Adds New Hunter
20. Re: Evolve Adds New Hunter Jan 27, 2016, 21:33 jdreyer

IIRC these guys included bot play. Has anyone ever played it? Any good?  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evolve Adds New Hunter
19. Re: Evolve Adds New Hunter Jan 27, 2016, 21:30 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 11:19:
Teleport pads in a game where tracking and positional awareness due to slow movement are key.. why not flat out admit your gameplay concept is fucking broken?

According to steamspy this game has less players on PC than Hardline
Heh. Hardline isn't even on Steam. Or was that your point?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 27, 2016, 05:04 jdreyer

...Backdoor Trojan Discovered.

Was sure this would elicit a comment from Half Elf.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap
15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 05:01 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 21:36:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:15:
That's really cool of them to post that kind of roadmap AFTER selling millions of season passes in advance. But I guess that's just what happens when shit meets a million brainless flies.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Anyone buying either the $120 super special edition deluxe version or the $50 season pass before even getting a hit as to what is in it is a fool.

It's far more popular on the console than the PC, even if you like the game it'll be a waste of money to buy any of the DLC.

http://swbstats.com/

This is Titanfall all over again, not a horrible game but complete lack of players kills the online only aspect of it. They should have had bot support for the different modes but from what I've read that isn't going to happen, neither is a proper server browser so you can at least queue up to play on the few remaining active servers.

I would have bought it at Christymas for whatever price if it had had bots. My son and I still play Battlefront 2, and did so as recently as last weekend. Against bots.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 04:42 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:13:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:11:
Wake me up when EA looses the Star Wars License and someone makes a REAL Battlefront game.

Something like 7 more years?

Hey, at least we have mods so modders can "fix" it!

Oh, wait...

Fuck you, EA & Dice.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access
19. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Early Access Jan 27, 2016, 04:37 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:22:
Fuck inXile. Early access buyers of today are getting access before loyal backers who pledged for the physical CEs back in 2013 (physical pledge level <$250). Another dev who won't be getting a single penny from me no more.

Keep going! Soon there will be no devs left...

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > The Witness Released
8. Re: The Witness Released Jan 27, 2016, 04:31 jdreyer

Fantaz wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 23:25:
IGN gives 10/10. I hate it when review sites give perfect scores... this game is averaging 80%-85% on meta ratings. and if you hate slow puzzle adventure games like Myst i'm sure it will be even worse for you. playtime goes for an agonizing 40-80 hours.

Hey, if they pay for a 10, shouldn't the site display a 10?

I kid, I kid. Seriously though, there just aren't very many good games on the PS4, so this looks like a 10 by comparison!

Again, I kid! Seriously though, when your game is reviewed by someone named "Chloi Rad" are you expecting anything other than a 10?

*ba-dump, bump*

I'll be here all night. Please, have another drink!

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 26, 2016, 19:55 jdreyer

Frijoles wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 17:21:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 12:58:
Tempted to pick up an ultrawide to replace my old standby 1980x1200. Lots of good offerings these days, but I know OLED is right around the corner.

I just did this a couple weeks ago. Got the Dell 34" Ultrawide to replace a 1980x1200. It's a thing of beauty. Only downside is my single GTX980 went from everything on ultra running 60+ FPS in everything to stuttering at 30FPS in various games at high settings (Witcher 3, FO4). But damn it's beautiful. Thinking I should SLI it now, except I had to sell a kidney to get it.
Damn that is some sweet kit.

Live long, and prosper.

2. Re: Comcast & Charter Jan 26, 2016, 19:52 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 15:30:
Yeah, that doesn't seem anti-competitive at all.
If the government wasn't so coopted by corporations thes guys would be broken up.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2016, 19:11 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 11:47:
Blue, please don't get any crazy idea's with the Infinite Spherical Video Magic when they decide to do pictures/videos of your work environment.

Blade Runner squeal? Please keep George Lucas and JJ Abhrams away from it please (like 3 continents away).
What about keeping Ridley Scott away? With the exception of The Martian he has had some pretty bad movies over the past 10 years.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 26, 2016, 12:58 jdreyer

Tempted to pick up an ultrawide to replace my old standby 1980x1200. Lots of good offerings these days, but I know OLED is right around the corner.  

Live long, and prosper.

14634 Comments. 732 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo