Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 11969 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 17:01 jdreyer

It would be a pretty major project to get a mobile version of Blues operational. The original site software is ancient, and was never designed for mobile. It has been hacked by Frans to do a bunch of custom things, but to refactor it so it supported both desktop and mobile would probably require migrating to a new platform. It would probably be 100s of hours of development time and cost 10s of thousands.

Might be possible to raise the funds with Kickstarter or something, but would also take tons of Blue's time to articulate what he needed.

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 13:52 jdreyer

HBO drops Wildfire on bar that hosted Game of Thrones viewing parties.

I don't understand how this is different from showing sporting events in bars.

Live long, and prosper.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 13:49 jdreyer

MacLeod wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 09:32:
My favorite part of this whole Sony hack thing is watching the hypocrisy of all the media outlets who ranted and raved about how the celebrity pictures hack was an invasion of those people's privacy and such, but then post every juicy tidbit of tawdry information from the private, internal corporate email accounts.

(and for the record, I actually thought both leak details shouldn't have been revealed, as they were private communications.)

Not equivalent. The celeb photo leaks were personal communications on personal devices. The Sony leak are all corporate communications that contain newsworthy, immoral, and possibly illegal corporate activities.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Convoy Rolls Out
9. Re: Convoy Rolls Out Apr 22, 2015, 12:48 jdreyer

JaguarUSF wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 05:59:
Here's my video review.

Sweet, thanks!

Also, why don't you send these into Blue for the reviews section? Confused

Live long, and prosper.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 04:55 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 22:04:

The "Revenue asshole" side of the argument:
Police need funding, costs a lot to keep training, running and keeping things going. Sure they have revenue speed traps and the like but I haven't had a ticket in 10 years because you have to be either speeding like a fucking idiot or plain stupid to not see a speed trap.

It's simple. The people who can afford to speed will speed.

I agree with what you said for the most part. The only thing I'll take issue with is the above statement. There are lots of towns that choose to increase fees for minor crimes to generate revenue instead of raise taxes to pay for police. John Oliver did an piece on it a month ago. And here's an article about Ferguson and St. Louis county:
As in Ferguson, many of these police departments and local courts generate massive amounts of revenue for city coffers. Municipalities in St. Louis County took in $45 million in fines and fees in 2013
(emphasis mine). It amounts to a backdoor tax on the people least able to pay, as they have to pay more for being unable to pay from the start. And it's not just conservative Midwest states. California has some of the highest traffic violation fees in the nation: $400 for a red light, $1000 for stopping in a bus pickup zone, $1000 for parking in a handicap zone, $800 for failure to show insurance, etc. etc. The fines are completely out of whack with the violation committed. The only purpose is to pad city coffers to avoid the unpleasantness of raising taxes.

Live long, and prosper.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 03:46 jdreyer

siapnar wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 20:04:
I got the Zotac 970, and it's something like 9.5 inches. It's a pretty brilliant, open design.
Never thought I'd buy a Zotac, but so far I'm quite satisfied

Got a Zotac 460 back when Zotac had just hit the market. It was a nice card and $20 than everyone else. I had no issues with it for the two years I had it until I picked up my Gigabyte Windforce 670.

Live long, and prosper.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 03:44 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 19:02:
since when are cops overpaid? i read an article just a few years back showing how the average constable in New York city gets an average of $51,000. and how Toronto cops beat them with $55,000. which is ironic, cause toronto cops don't have to deal with as much shit.

Those numbers are misleading because police officers do tons of OT adding half again or more to their salaries.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 22, 2015, 02:50 jdreyer

Played WC3 a few years back, and it held up pretty well. That Origin bundle is a pretty decent bundle for the price.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Dances with Witchers
8. Re: Dances with Witchers Apr 22, 2015, 02:45 jdreyer

7 comments and no "tatanka" jokes? You disappoint Blues commentators.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Convoy Rolls Out
5. Re: Convoy Rolls Out Apr 22, 2015, 02:27 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 21:51:
Love the premise of this game. It needs to be realized in glorious 3D!

Yeah, while I carry great disdain for 8-bit, there are games that I admit rise above that mediocre graphics format. I thoroughly enjoyed for example FTL, Rogue Legacy, and Defender's Quest. So, I think this looks in the same vein, and I'll be picking it up.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access
6. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access Apr 21, 2015, 17:06 jdreyer

I own the original Killing Floor, but I couldn't get into it at all. And I say that as a huge L4D fan.

I wonder if this one does anything different? Certainly looks like they're taking some cues from L4D: I think I saw "tank" and "witch" zombies in that trailer.

Live long, and prosper.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 14:57 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 11:36:
No, we can't have a modern civilization without fossil fuels. That article - hell, that entire website - is just ridiculous.

How ironic is that? The one time a cop would actually be fully justified in shooting someone and he doesn't. Why not shoot him in the leg at least?

The author basically points out how incredibly difficult it would be without fossil fuels to achieve civilization. And while he explores some alternative methods of getting there, he points out that people would really have to be disciplined, especially with population growth. And we know how human beings act.

And I agree the police officer should probably have shot that guy. Not because I want anyone shot, ever, but it was extremely dangerous for the officer to hesitate like that, especially after he fell over. The suspect could have taken the gun, shot the officer and escaped before backup arrived. I dunno, maybe he knew backup was only moments away, and if he could just delay the suspect that long, he could save his life. I guess that guy is living the "protect and serve" creed to the letter. Hats off, and I hope he gets a commendation.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 21, 2015, 14:39 jdreyer

Top 25 game companies generate 65% of revenue, as industry grows 10%…

That's actually a sign of a healthy market. I would have expected the top 5 to generate 65% of revenue, but it seems like there are lots of competitors. I guess that's why we have an embarrassment of gaming riches!

Live long, and prosper.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 21, 2015, 14:32 jdreyer

The Tide Is Turning Against Comcast’s Proposal To Buy Time Warner Cable.

Good to know at least one senator hasn't been bought off by the ISPs. Glad he's opposing this deal.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Uncanny Valley Thursday
1. Re: Uncanny Valley Thursday Apr 21, 2015, 14:15 jdreyer

Meh, 8-bit.  

Live long, and prosper.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 13:45 jdreyer

Task wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 10:01:
Its nice being able to run stuff not all choppy like, eh. I picked up a second 780 Ti myself for SLI; later I intend to buy the 980 Ti in August/September.

Yeah, but it makes no sense. I run dual 1080P monitors from my laptop docking station with only integrated graphics and no issues. The 760 is vastly more powerful than integrated graphics.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 21, 2015, 13:35 jdreyer

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 10:36:
Fuller House... No...

Yeah, is anyone asking for this? I could see it for Arrested Development (even though I don't think it turned out very well) but Full House? Really?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Next Week
3. Re: Kerbal Space Program Next Week Apr 21, 2015, 13:32 jdreyer

Female Kerbals? I blame Sarkeesian.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
32. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 21, 2015, 13:28 jdreyer

Prez wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 20:27:
If they can reunite for a game, why can't they reunite for another movie? (One where Shepherd and Wash don't die)

Hey, if Luke, Han, and Leia can return after all this time, why not the Firefly cast too?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
31. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 21, 2015, 13:27 jdreyer

shihonage wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 20:02:
Sean Penn is a crazy left-wing nutcase, but I still enjoy his acting. Or... whenever he did a movie last time... sometime in 2003.

If you limit your entertainment like this, by profiling every single actor/director/etc the only person who gets robbed in the end is you.

Well, Milk was in 2008 and he was great in it, but point taken. He's not done too much since then. Gangster Squad, but I didn't see that so don't know how big his role was.

Live long, and prosper.

11969 Comments. 599 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo