Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 10594 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > HATRED Preorders
22. Re: HATRED Preorders Jan 30, 2015, 05:00 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 01:45:
Speaking of crazy talk, haven't heard from Jack Thompson lately.

Yeah, he had his fangs pulled out.

"Blue could have sold out years ago, gone mainstream and turned the site into a copy of every other gushing, ad infested cesspool of baitclicks. He chose not to and for that he has my thanks and utmost respect." - InBlack
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > HATRED Preorders
21. Re: HATRED Preorders Jan 30, 2015, 04:54 jdreyer

beremot wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 01:04:
Overon wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 20:14:
No children? I guess there are some lines even they won't cross.

You're forgetting about the promised "Sandy Hook" DLC.

Heh. I wouldn't put it past this crew.

"Blue could have sold out years ago, gone mainstream and turned the site into a copy of every other gushing, ad infested cesspool of baitclicks. He chose not to and for that he has my thanks and utmost respect." - InBlack

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
24. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 29, 2015, 21:55 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 11:07:
I'm not worried about it so long as we have physical access to the power cord

You won't. It will be powered by soft switches that are (drumroll) computer controlled.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 29, 2015, 14:10 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 13:02:
Fund your own damn stuff, Bob. Jesus, the guy is rolling in dough and still asking other people for 50 grand. This is the sort of shit that bothers me the most about crowdfunding.

It's barely on track to get funding, so it may be that a lot of people agree with you.

That being said, it could just be a way of discerning if there's interest in a project like this. If there is, he follows through. If not, he goes to do something else.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week
4. Re: Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Next Week Jan 29, 2015, 14:04 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 13:51:
Am I the only one who gets "Error: Server not found" with these youtube links lately? "server https can not be found"

Youtube links are embedded like this
https://www.youtube.com/embed/wuY3xNa8PBY

not like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuY3xNa8PBY

But that can't be the error here.. weird

It's not just you. This is the second one in as many days for me. Still, Blue always provides the direct link in his text, so no biggie for me.

News Comments > LEGO Jurassic World & Marvel's Avengers Announced
3. Re: LEGO Jurassic World & Marvel's Avengers Announced Jan 29, 2015, 12:59 jdreyer

Was hoping for a Guardians Lego game, but I'll take these. The kids love them.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
23. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 29, 2015, 07:55 jdreyer

NewMaxx wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 07:31:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 13:53:
Now however, cops need a warrant to check someone's phone, per a SCOTUS case last year. The big problem is that I'm not sure that most people realize it. As I understand it, requesting a warrant to avoid a search is opt in. Meaning they can request to look at your phone without a warrant, but it's up to you to know you can refuse. Seems like it should be the other way around: "You can refuse a warrantless search of your phone, but I'm requesting to look at it anyway."

They don't need a warrant in all cases, they can also do a search if it is done during (search incident) a lawful arrest if there is probable cause that evidence exists on it pertinent to the trial. The idea is that evidence could be destroyed. If they wait until after the item is in their possession, they do require a warrant.

In this case, though, they had to ask and she had to accept (which she did). She was inebriated and probably not aware of the law...reminds one of Miranda rights. The fact is cell phones have long been on shaky legal grounds with searches and that vagueness leaves it up in the air. They had no reason to expect evidence to exist on it and of course had no right to anything that wasn't flagged as evidence.

Sorry NewMaxx, but that's wrong. They need a warrant in almost every single case to check a cell phone. What you're referring to with the destruction of evidence is called the "Robinson Rule." Here's what the court had to say:
We therefore decline to extend Robinson to searches of data on cell phones, and hold instead that officers must generally secure a warrant before conducting such a search.
There is nothing to prevent a LEO from confiscating the phone until a warrant can be obtained of course. But any search without the express consent of the owner without a warrant is illegal. It was a 9-0 decision by the SCOTUS. There wasn't even anything controversial about it. No wiggle room at all.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 29, 2015, 07:23 jdreyer

Julio wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 05:31:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 02:55:
Oh, but boo-fucking-hoo, men are being discriminated against! Here, have a little cheese with that whine.

I'm glad to see that you agree there is discrimination in this EA workshop. Its sad to me that any kind of discrimination is promoted in the modern era. Not everyone can be as enlightened, maybe men should only get to drink from a specific water cooler too?

So when is it ok to stop discriminating against men?

How about we first put "discriminated" in scare quotes, okay? There is no fucking discrimination against men. Because men, especially white men like yourselves (and I use the term "men" liberally when referring to you), are the most dominant demographic in society. When EA posts a regular job posting, that IS a white man's job posting, because white men will get that job 90% of the time. So shut the fuck up about "white men discrimination" already. There is none.

So your question should be, "When can I start complaining that white men discrimination?" And the answer is: when women are the majority workforce in more than 60% (to allow for statistical aberrations) of all industries in the nation you can start complaining. Until then, you can shut the fuck up because you're an entitled, self-absorbed asshole that has no clue what it actually is to be discriminated against.

Am I giving you all three 18" barrels from my battleship? Yes. Yes, I am. Why? Because you're acting like a child. You're acting like the poor fucking investment bankers who make millions then get their fee-fees hurt when the POTUS says the bankers need to act more responsibly and stop fucking over the economy. Get a little perspective, and understand how good you have it, that you get paid what you ask for, and you don't get arrested for hobbling across the street carrying a golf club or get your tits squeezed by the SVP in the corner office because you're a "MILF".

This comment was edited on Jan 29, 2015, 07:35.

News Comments > Free League of Legends Soundtrack
8. Re: Free League of Legends Soundtrack Jan 29, 2015, 07:04 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 21:24:
what bullshit, of course they give this away for free now only so they can charge for it later. but of course it's ArenaNet, so it's to be expected. I bet they strip the BGM out of future titles only to sell as DLC. fuck LoL, they're the most evil fuckers in the industry.

They've made something like a billion dollars on LoL. I'm sure they can afford to give the soundtrack away for free (something they *might* have spent $50K on).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2015, 03:22 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 02:20:
Tom Hardy is way too chunky. It's why I cant imagine him is Mad Max either. Chris Pratt is too, neither of them look like the professor type. I think Beamer is right, Bradley Cooper would be the best fit out of the lot, he has the right look and the right kind of madness in the eyes. But still. Fuck the Jones reboot.

Because professors aren't chunky? Also, not seeing too much chunk on the man.

Anyway, if Bradley were to get the role, here's what he'd look like:
Pic 1
Pic 2

@1bad, yeah, that voice. It's pretty unique.

9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 29, 2015, 02:55 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 02:12:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 01:49:
*WHHHOOOOOOSH*

That's the sound of EA's point going over the heads of Cutter and Julio.

No, that's the sound of what we said going over your head. What Julio said was pretty simple and straightforward. Go on, bust out your tiny violin and tell us how hard done by everyone is that isn't a white male. Yes, because the rest of us all obviously have it so easy. I mean how dare we complain when we sit around in our mansions all day long doing but griping about this stuff. Yes, we should go back to counting our millions instead.

Rolleyes

Are you fucking kidding me? Yes, white men do have it easier. Would this old man have been arrested if he were white? Would this lawyer have been arrested if she were a man? What is wrong with you? Are you so unobservant that you don't recognize situations that you're benefiting from because you're a white male?

The pay gap has barely budged in a decade.
In 2013, among full-time, year-round workers, women were paid 78 percent of what men were paid.

Women get paid less because they don't work as hard as men. Obviously. Rolleyes (Note the use of an actually appropriate eye-roll)

Gender discrimination exists. What EA is doing is affording female talent that may have missed opportunities due to said discrimination a chance to come in and show what they can do. Oh, but boo-fucking-hoo, men are being discriminated against! Here, have a little cheese with that whine.

6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 29, 2015, 01:49 jdreyer

*WHHHOOOOOOSH*

That's the sound of EA's point going over the heads of Cutter and Julio.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
15. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 29, 2015, 01:48 jdreyer

It's a shame we let Sarkeesian ruin a perfectly good thread about sex in games.

@Ludomancer. Assuming your story is true, your life could be its own HBO show.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 28, 2015, 19:43 jdreyer

Saboth wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 19:05:
Well, justice wasn't quite served, but let's hope she reams the hell out of him in civil court.

Phrasing!

News Comments > Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M
31. Re: Star Citizen Persistent Universe Presentation; Funding Hits $71M Jan 28, 2015, 19:40 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 19:29:
Task wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 16:30:
The backers already have access to the FPS module as well, so they are playing with that, not just the dogfight stuff. They also have access to a very early alpha of the social interaction module they talk about there, players waltzing around a market, etc.
No that is incorrect.

Yeah, as I understand it FPS module won't be available to backers for a few months yet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2015, 19:38 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 18:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 18:18:
Hey, what about Nathan Fillion for Indy? He's early forties, just the right age.

I think a bit too goofy, still.

Yet I'd be more excited for him than the others mentioned, even though I probably like Chris Pratt more (so far) and definitely think Bradley Cooper is the most talented actor of the bunch, far and away.

I'd prefer Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake, even though he's now about 10 years too old. Nathan Drake was basically Nathan Fillion as Indiana Jones - similar character, similar actions, just goofier. Man, I miss those games.

The only thing I'd have against Bradley are his stunning good looks. He's just too handsome, IMO. Tom Hardy's got the rugged looks we'd expect Indy to have. Here's a pic of him in a fedora, even.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 28, 2015, 19:31 jdreyer

Narf2029 wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 19:23:
It's not really a shock. People have been calling 911 when their cable goes out for pretty much as long as either have been around.

Still doesn't make it any less fucking idiotic.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Jan 28, 2015, 19:28 jdreyer

Saboth wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 19:24:
This was a very humorous skit. Props to that guy's acting, as he apparently has 90% of people fooled.

Meh, could be. I didn't really watch that closely.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jan 28, 2015, 19:26 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 18:53:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 18:33:
Posers will be posers. Story at 11.

Seriously. I've never tried hennessey, but I've drank gin, rum, and whisky straight. It's not a big deal...

edit: Oh and Midnight Moon moonshine. That ones a little sharp around the edges, I'll admit.

Yeah, I think he just breathed at the wrong time. Still, what a waste to chug good cognac like that (or was a total poser). If you're going to drink it straight, sip it neat. Enjoy the taste.

News Comments > Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow
4. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 19:20 jdreyer

The graphics don't look vastly improved. Looks in that trailer about the same as HL2, which was released the same year. Looking at the FAQ, looks like they increased graphic fidelity by 4x so a 256x256 texture has been increased to a 512x512 texture. Not great, but probably better than the original. And it looks like the original low poly engine was retained.

Kind of strange that the trailer opens up with warnings about sex and nudity, and the first image they show you is a little girl. I realize that only adults appear nude, but still an odd juxtaposition.

Never played the original, but this looks like a kind of unique and compelling story, so I'll pick this up at some point.

EDIT: Ew, QTEs. Hmm, might have to reconsider then...

10594 Comments. 530 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo