Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 14662 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2015, 02:34 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 01:01:
On a related note, many many many many moons ago when I worked for Lego I did get to meet Aerosmith during Xmas, and Will Eisner and his wife. Have a photo around here somewhere...

Pics, or GTFO.

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 16, 2015, 21:36 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 19:35:
*stabs jdryer with the plastic dvd box The Avengers came in*

*jdreyer collapses, his last words "Forgive me Twilight Sparkle. I have failed you..."*

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 16, 2015, 19:26 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 17:16:
I'd be much more interested to see who could kill him first to prevent him from ever making anymore movies.
Who would be you preferred director for Star Wars? Just curious.

I hated Into Darkness but I think that was less his direction and more the script. I'd love to see a Star Wars movie directed by Rian Johnson or Alphonse Cuaron.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 16, 2015, 19:20 jdreyer

But I'm a Brony! I need My Little Pony in 4K!  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2015, 12:37 jdreyer

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the cool thing Blue gets to do tomorrow is one of those liquid nitrogen cryotherapy chambers. They're good for health and weight loss!  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
37. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 12:23 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 10:11:
To me this is an excessive cost ($60) for an add on.

EA comes from the Steam page, that is what it states.

The $60 price is for the full game: The original E:D plus the Horizons expansion.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Gun Control
3. Re: Counter-Strike Gun Control Dec 16, 2015, 12:14 jdreyer

Well, this game is fairly new so I guess they're still working out their processes. Shocked  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2015, 23:45 jdreyer

Pigeon wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 23:21:
Pod Racer, Rebellion, Masters of Teras Kasi, The Wii one with the horrible motion controls, Force Commander and I'm sure there are others that can be mentioned. Star Wars has not been immune to shit being pumped out to milk the IP. The vapidness that is Battlefront is just another of a long line of bad Star Wars games, it doesn't signal the end of good Star Wars games any more than Yoda Stories did.

Hmm, the pod racer game was a blast, and Rebellion was fun. There have been bad SW games, but most of them have been pretty solid.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Dec 15, 2015, 23:38 jdreyer

theglaze wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 21:04:
Battlefront discount already? Haha

Unlike Activision, the BF games tend to go on sale pretty quickly after lunch launch. I actually appreciate that.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed
8. Re: DayZ Turns Two; Plans Detailed Dec 15, 2015, 23:37 jdreyer

DayZ is the textbook example of how development stagnates without a launch date.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
10. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 15, 2015, 23:33 jdreyer

Vall Forran wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 23:17:
Most of us got it for free. It is a major expansion, which -- I don't know what games you play -- costs money.

Edit: Cutter, master of nonsense, the dlc coming out in a few months has been declared free to everyone owning the game.

And, as we've explained millions of times to you...the "moronic decision" is because the game doesn't work in single player. The universe is dynamic, you can participate in events "offline" but you still need a minimal internet connection for the server to update. FFS, people can play "offline" with a connection less than a mobile game.

How are you getting it for free? I heard at launch it will be $60, but just $45 to people who already own the game.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > The Climb Announced
29. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 21:51 jdreyer

The disembodied hands are weird. I hope they grow some arms.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2015, 12:13 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 11:35
ueue: Braindead OVER response by Sony [/quote:

Yeah, you'd think they'd be over the moon that it took 2 years to crack this. Typically these things only take days or weeks at most.

Live long, and prosper.

12. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 12:09 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 11:50:
I'm terrified of heights, so this will not be a game for me.

It sounds cool though.

Not sure what the issue is. Just wear diapers.

Live long, and prosper.

11. Re: The Climb Announced Dec 15, 2015, 12:08 jdreyer

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 11:44:
Just watching it again though. God, can you imagine in a few years UNcharted, AC, Tomb Raider in VR? Doing the Eagle dives from AC would make your heart jump up into your throat, lol.

You seem to be willfully forgetting that the raison d'etre of Tomb Raider is 3rd person.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
61. Re: DICE Starting Dec 15, 2015, 12:03 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 11:33:
You can finish the BF4 SP campaign in like a few hours, its incredibly short and very poor quality.

How can it be poor quality? There's an exploding aircraft carrier!

I enjoyed the campaigns in BF:BC2, COD:MW1 & 2, but couldn't stand BF3's campaign, nor BLOPS1. Not sure why some of these grab me and some don't.

Live long, and prosper.

59. Re: DICE Starting Dec 15, 2015, 05:50 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 19:44:
Rigs wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 17:09:
Slick wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 11:53:
And the other would be no AI offline bot support, which was useful the rare times my 2005 internet would go out, but was still pretty boring.

I play Battlefield 3 and 4 for the single-player. *hides under the bed*

Seriously, I really enjoyed BF3's single-player...for what it was, anyway. I knew it didn't hold a candle to the norm (or what would be expected) but it kept my interest the whole ride. The air battle was well done, as was the tank battle. The conspiracy angle at the end was a little hamfisted but enjoyable. All in all, for what is was, it was good. I didn't complete BF4's single-player past the second mission because it kept locking up when you get to the roof of the building to 'get to the choppa'...oh well...

=-Rigs-=

I love the SP campaigns, I've played every one and even got the platinum trophy for Bad Company 1 on PS3. It's too bad that you haven't seen BF4's campaign. From the second mission to the last, barring the second-last, is very well done. The carrier level is ridiculous, it would give Micheal Bay a boner. BF4's campaign has decent characters, and a reasonably intriguing plot. They definitely tried to do more with that campaign than any other as far as tone and themes go. I highly suggest you try migrating the install to a different hardrive, it's really worth the play.

I was instead in my post referring to the pre-campaign Battlefield SP offering (1942-2142), which was just MP maps with really dumb bots. I really like the switch to full fledged SP campaigns, but not many others do. I just can't understand why offline bot mode is something so sought after, it was really boring. The bots were terribly dumb, even on the highest difficulty.

As I understand it, you can sign up to play BF4 free for a week, including the SP campaign. Should be enough time to finish it, no?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
80. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 15, 2015, 04:19 jdreyer

dsmart wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 14:27:
Back in July I said that this game, as pitched, will never see the light of day. I stand firm on that assessment. That aside from the fact that they still do not have the tech for this game and are still trying to build it. Again, when I mentioned this months ago, people called me crazy.

Just like all the previous modules, this mini-PU will remain a buggy incomplete mess for months to come. Look at AC and how long that farce has been going on.

And with four studios worldwide and an estimated burn rate of around $3m per month, their inability to sustain that monthly level of funding is what's going to be their undoing before long.

SQ42 is going to be the next push since they have some room to sell that to new people, outside of the 700K "citizens" already entitled to it.

I still do not believe that the project will survive 2016. Yet, even with only around 10% of the game promised already out, they're still claiming that it will be finished in 2016.

You can quibble with some of Derek's details, but I have a hard time countering the main thrust. For example, I think at the end of 2016 that by hook or by crook they will still be working on this. However, I don't think RSI will ever be able to deliver what they promised: 100 fully realized systems, and 100-player instances. They'll run out of money before then.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 14, 2015, 05:08 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 20:46:
Pigeon wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 19:19:
I bought my own cable modem as well which has paid for itself and then some when you consider lame equipment rental fees.

And, on top of that, you don't have to worry about whatever backdoors may be installed by the ISPs on their shit equipment.

Unless you're the kind of person who likes being penetrated in the back door. Some do. Just sayin'

Live long, and prosper.

49. Re: DICE Starting Dec 14, 2015, 03:43 jdreyer

Rigs wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 22:38:
What about something way back...I'm talking Romans or maybe Spartans (the real ones, not the HALO ones)...maybe a play on 300? The Crusades? Anything during the Roman Empire. Or even the U.S. Revolutionary War...or Civil War for that matter...

There's so much possibility and they keep rehashing the same shit with a better paintjob...

=-Rigs-=

I want to see Battlefield: Hogwarts. Wizards vs. deatheaters.

Live long, and prosper.

14662 Comments. 734 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo