Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 12239 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 13:28 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 05:07:
Quinn wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 03:50:

I bought the most expensive place (500.000,- dollars) with the pre-order bonus. That, plus a car that looks like a '67 Chevrolet Impala. Then I bought some smokes at a store, headed into the mountains, parked my car at a place with a beautiful view of the city, and lit one up.

Good times.

Yep, escapism at its finest. If I had just purchased a 500k house in California in RL, I would have done the exact same thing.

I'd just like to point out that $500K doesn't get you much in L.A. Something ten times that amount would be nice.

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online
12. Re: Firefly Cast Returns for Firefly Online Apr 20, 2015, 12:48 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 09:25:
First Ive heard of it. Still, doesnt that describe the character he played on Firefly, like, to perfection?

Close, but the big difference might be that the character Jayne wasn't homophobic. For example he's turned on, not disgusted by Inara's female clients.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2015, 03:40 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2015, 21:30:
Sounds like George is doing it more for spite than out of any altruistic notion. If the elites/big biz were paying their share of taxes to begin with there'd be no shortage of money for affordable housing/etc. to begin with.

Not to mention the economy would be stronger. Keynes, FTW. He never goes out of style.

Live long, and prosper.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 20, 2015, 03:36 jdreyer

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 01:39:
Not to mention people who are buying PoE are getting it off GOG.COM or some other website besides steam. There's no reason to buy a DRM free game on steam. So the steam numbers are skewed to only those who use steam for gaming.

You say that like Steam users are a small fraction when the likelihood is that it's a vast majority.

Live long, and prosper.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 19, 2015, 23:21 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 19, 2015, 20:13:
Pillars has dropped surprisingly fast. Elite Dangerous has been around since December 16 last year and with its 6DoF gameplay is arguably WAY more niche than BG clone PoE.
Yet it's still ahead of PoE and of course no sale to be seen anywhere for both games which might explain the difference.
With the high popularity of PoE and the almost exceptionally raving reviews (contrary to ED which has had only mostly positive but more mixed reviews), I really have just one single conclusion here: Grats to David Braben for making the right choice (at least from a business POV) when he introduced the always online DRM of ED.
At the same time, DRM-free PoE is probably getting freeloaded left, right and center so it's falling fast off the charts.

E:D has only been on Steam for a couple of weeks. Before that it was sold exclusively through Frontier's website.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Developer Switch
7. Re: Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Developer Switch Apr 19, 2015, 23:16 jdreyer

Deepjay wrote on Apr 19, 2015, 21:42:
Developer changes like this is an almost guaranteed fail of a game IMO. It's like the original developer goes in with all the hopes and dreams - then promptly runs out of money. Developer 2, or 3 or what not comes in, picks up the mess and tries to make a great game out of what's already been done.

Hey, it worked out for Duke Nukem and A:CM!

Oh, wait...

Live long, and prosper.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2015, 17:54 jdreyer

George Lucas wants to build affordable housing on his land because ‘we’ve got enough millionaires.’

As much as I beat on George for making the prequels awful and fiddling with the original trilogy, I have to applaud him for putting his money where his mouth is and helping average people.

Live long, and prosper.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2015, 16:23 jdreyer

Shockingly, we managed to produce 40 bags of debris from a yard that was almost completely cleared last fall. It just doesn't make sense, but that giant collection of bags isn't lying.

Odd, isn't it, that the neighbors' yard went from messy to pristine last weekend, yet they put no bags at the curb...

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 19, 2015, 16:21 jdreyer

We are now 100% secure from terrorists who tweet their plans in advance.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 19, 2015, 16:17 jdreyer

Interesting that it has grown so much. I on rare occasions use it if I can't find what I'm looking for in google, or to see if their image search will return different results for what I'm searching, but it's not 20% of the time for sure.

Interestingly I read the other day that more than 90% of internet searches in Europe are on Google.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 18, 2015, 23:03 jdreyer

Comcast/TWC merger may be blocked by Justice Department.

By hook or by crook, this has to be blocked. It's the worst result for internet users in the USA.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Apr 18, 2015, 23:02 jdreyer

siapnar wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 15:09:
He had me for a bit at the beginning

(GTA review)

"Kitty stomping and dog humping" Laugh2

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Regional Gore Cuts Possible
7. Re: Killing Floor 2 Regional Gore Cuts Possible Apr 18, 2015, 22:59 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 15:20:
Japan strikes me as an odd one, they're perfectly fine with tentacle rape but splatter blood around a map in a game and they flip their shit?

The tentacle thing is a response to the fact that you can't show dicks uncensored, but you can show tentacles uncensored. No censorship, no tentacles.

As for not showing violence, Japanese anime and movies have some incredible violence in them, so I'm not sure why this would get censored. I'm thinking of things like Elfen Lied and Ichi the Killer (Neither are SFW).

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > New Mass Effect Details?
9. Re: New Mass Effect Details? Apr 18, 2015, 22:46 jdreyer

WaltC wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 22:14:
I'd dearly love to see someone come along with a graphically renovated, up-to-date version of StarFlight. Taking wormholes to distant star systems (or just traveling there while consuming a lot more fuel), mapping solar systems, orbiting planets and then scanning them for life and/or mineral deposits, landing and then taking an ATV out to look at the alien scenery in person--to start mining operations and capturing and/or battling the native lifeforms...;) I'm constantly surprised year after year that nobody's done that yet. The possibilities are endless...!

Why do lame, old-fashioned scf-fi themed corridor shooters when so much more is possible? An honest-to-goodness single-player sci-fi RPG would open up an exciting new landscape of the imagination. Somebody is going to do it I'm sure...and they're going to hit a big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow when they do! Something fresh and original--something no one is familiar with and new (unlike the tired Star Wars, or the overworked Mass Effect universe--yawn.) It's only a matter of time.

Here's a modern homage to StarFlight: Void of Darkness. And here's a kind of review and lets play. I just discovered this exists last week, but haven't bought it yet as I am on a bit of a game purchase hiatus until I can work the backlog down again.

Live long, and prosper.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2015, 22:04 jdreyer

The Look of Love Is in the Dog's Eyes.

I thought this article did a good job in scientific terms of explaining the physiological mechanism by which we become much more attached to dogs relative to other pets.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > New Mass Effect Details?
7. Re: New Mass Effect Details? Apr 18, 2015, 21:29 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 17:30:
Well, this is EA. The only thing you usually need a towel for when EA is involved is to wipe off your mouth after you have projectile vomited over one of their numerous fuck-ups.

Well, you'll get to actually fly the ship around, but you don't can't leave the home system until you get the jump drive which is only included as part of the day-one DLC.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2015, 02:27 jdreyer

Krovven wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 18:11:
Wish someone would do some benchmarks with cpu's other than the newest and most expensive. We know games will run great on the newest cpu's. How about showing some benchmarks with i5's, ya know the cpu's that the majority have right now?

So, did the Techspot article listed above by Blue not do it for you?

Grand Theft Auto V Benchmarked- Graphics & CPU Performance

Page 6 has the perf with about 20 different CPUs on it.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 17, 2015, 22:19 jdreyer

I might need to pick up a new vid card, and the 970 is certainly the sweet spot for price performance. Is the 3.5 gb of mem going to be a big deal, instead of the full 4?  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 21:37 jdreyer

Ran into that earlier today. That was pretty funny.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Date Announced
25. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Announced Apr 17, 2015, 20:27 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 20:03:
The particle effects and explosions look pretty awesome. Hope they will look like that in the actual game too but I am not holding my breath.
Regardless this is most likely a day one purchase for me. I can't wait.
Hopefully there will be a MP demo/beta before release.

It's the frostbite engine. The BF 4 explosions in game were just as spectacular. The issue with modern Dice games has never been with how they look.

Live long, and prosper.

12239 Comments. 612 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo