Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 8622 (Guru)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Aug 6, 2014, 03:06 jdreyer

Nah dude. Taking the altruistic way IS the hard way. Not shittin on your fellow man IS the hard way. Stay true my man.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2014, 22:48 jdreyer

As for Studio Ghibli, they had a great run. The world is much richer for the stories they created.

Sayonara, Totoro.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2014, 22:40 jdreyer

Derp  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 5, 2014, 22:30 jdreyer

Bodolza wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 12:34:
Reading through the filing, it looks like the Angry Birds lady has a pretty good case.

Yeah, but the article is total click bait. She's not getting royalties for the re-use of her licensed trademark by Hartz to license Rovio Angry Birds likenesses. It's not like Rovio stole her designs, which is what the title implies.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 5, 2014, 22:23 jdreyer

They're just trying to fool judges that might not know anything about the industry. That article does a pretty good job of taking the TWC laywers down.  

4. Re: Into the Black Aug 5, 2014, 22:10 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 21:01:
So I made my first meal in my new place. A meatball sub. Homemade marinara and meatballs, fresh moz. Good times. After a week or eating out it gets pretty tiresome - not to mention expensive - so it's nice to get back to the routine of a home cooked meal. If I had the dosh to eat out really well all the time it might be a different story. Thankfully there's a good vegetarian place not to far from me so at least I was able to eat pretty healthy for most of it.

I'm also tying one on tonight. First time in over a month since I've really done any real drinking either. Haven't even missed it, but today I got the itch now that most of the other stuff is out of the way.

Drunk post! Drunk post! Do it dude! Maybe in the SC thread?

Drunk2

News Comments > Toxikk Dedicated Servers Requested
4. Re: Toxikk Dedicated Servers Requested Aug 5, 2014, 22:08 jdreyer

Cool looking game, crappy sounding name.  

6. Re: Into the Black Aug 5, 2014, 02:58 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 00:18:
It'll never get done because America is the land of rampant paranoia. It's pretty difficult for you guys to see it from the inside, but very easy for everyone else on the outside. There are boogiemen and enemies everywhere!
Well do you blame us? We're surrounded by enemies especially those damn Canadians always trying to infiltrate us with ttheir damn maple syrup and Canadian bacon. This is America dammit home of the artificial sweetener and delicious Spam. Keep your high falutin shit north of the border.

2. Re: Into the Black Aug 4, 2014, 22:27 jdreyer

My take:

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 21:13:
Also, RIP James Brady, must have been furiously difficult to be partially paralyzed because some nut shot you by accident spend the past 30 years trying to affect gun control only to see nothing change at all.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
4. Re: Sunday Previews Aug 4, 2014, 00:28 jdreyer

Josh's development videos have been pretty great. I've gotten hours of entertainment out of them.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added
54. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 4, 2014, 00:16 jdreyer

[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 22:03:
Get your ships here!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge?search=package

To your point. While I agree this process is painful I prefer it to the publisher funded model.

53. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 4, 2014, 00:09 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 20:52:
SlimRam wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 20:34:
I once asked for a 'happy ending' after a massage and the masseuse leaned over, with a smile on her face, and whispered in my ear, "And they all lived happily ever after"

I once asked for one and she gave my nuts a titty twister and sailed out of the room laughing while saying 'You didn't specify happy ending for whom.'
If you had to ask you went to the wrong place from the start.

52. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 4, 2014, 00:06 jdreyer

SlimRam wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 20:34:
I once asked for a 'happy ending' after a massage and the masseuse leaned over, with a smile on her face, and whispered in my ear, "And they all lived happily ever after"
Dude you wuz robbed.

51. Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2014, 23:59 jdreyer

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 19:24:

Seriously, people who can hate a game this much need to get a new hobby.
This is a new paradigm of game funding. No game has every been crowd funded at this level before. It causes a lot of sturm und drang.

50. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Expands; New Ship Added Aug 3, 2014, 23:41 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:28:
90 bucks. Giggle

Fools and their money.
Hey devs gotta eat man. Also let the rich people fund the game for the rest of us.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 3, 2014, 15:15 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 15:12:
nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:18:
Guess Divinity is the new skyrim. Congrats to them!

Dammit, I was gonna say the same thing!

Okay, okay, let's put our wood away. When it's still in the top ten a year from now we can start saying that.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2014, 06:30 jdreyer

Julio wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 06:10:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 05:08:
In 20 years, football will have fallen in popularity. 40 years ago, boxing was one of the most popular sports in the US. It has sunk to a second tier. I believe football will fall in popularity over the coming decades for many of the same reasons.

I think boxing has died because of the rise of a more interesting sport (MMA). I'm not sure what's replacing football. Personally I enjoy basketball much more, though I doubt that's the norm. Now if they eliminated the star calls and referees fixing games in the NBA it would have a chance.

MMA started to rise in popularity about a decade ago. Boxing had fallen a good decade before that. The two are unconnected. Boxing lost popularity due to the inherent violence and the deleterious effects on the participants. Football will fall for the same reasons. Already Peewee football applications have fallen 25% compared to just a couple of years ago.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
14. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 3, 2014, 05:54 jdreyer

Redmask wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 20:01:
Pankin wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 19:39:
I was just in there today picking up an RCA female to female adapter, fully realizing I could get the same thing from Amazon at the same price with free shipping.

Beamer's not wrong but what happened to RadioShack is nothing more complicated than this: highly-agile competition.

Same price is being generous, quite often they're charging a huge markup that gets me walking back out of the store.

Well, in their defense Best Buy does exactly the same thing. It's just that BB is much larger, which makes finding said item take much longer.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
26. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 3, 2014, 05:35 jdreyer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 22:52:
Well, I have two cousins who were brought up that way. Where are they now? Sitting at their parents home, in their 30's never had a job, afraid of going outside, and basically hiding from society.

So yeah, my argument basically boils down to: The world is a nasty place, you have to face it sometime.

I'd say there's a balance between letting vulnerable teens fend for themselves becoming Darwin award winners, and overprotecting them. As for your cousins, I'd say that's more of a parenting failure than a societal or educational one.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
25. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 3, 2014, 05:29 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 01:20:
That's a common phenomena and directly attributable to the school system and a societies values... in the end you want people not to do what your cousins do, you have to offer them a future that consists of more than just working and family. Let's face it, life is not there to be working 40 years of it and then when you are old and fucked up trying to enjoy life with your broken down and sick or just plain OLD body.
Well, that's what PC games are for.

This entire society actually makes me sick. But it seems we are on a good way to a 3rd world war anyway.
Well, I'd hardly say that. The number of wars, and deaths during such wars have been in steady decline in the past 100 years. I used to live across the river from the largest sub base and sub factory in the world. Submarines, being the most difficult to track and destroy part of the nuclear triad meant that said sub base was target number one, even moreso than Washington DC. Certainly the Soviets had dozens of nukes pointed at this single city, a mere 3 miles as the crow flew from my house. How many days did I awake to the sun streaming threw my window into my face dreaming that the USSR had just nuked the base and I was ten seconds from incineration? Dozens and dozens and dozens. Even with Putin's regional aggression, I feel much safer today. I don't live near that sub base any longer, but I do now live only a few miles from US Pacific Command, a Naval base full of top of the line US Naval vessels. Certainly Russia still has nukes pointed here, but I feel much safer than I did 20 or 30 years ago.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2014, 05:44.

8622 Comments. 432 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo