Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 13127 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2015, 16:38 jdreyer

harlock wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 15:51:
btw, if you guys arent watching Penny Dreadful, you might want to check that out

reimagined victorian horror all-stars kinda thing

Yeah, on my To Watch list. Read an article with Josh Hartnett last year about how he dropped out of Hollywood a decade ago because he hated being famous and didn't want to be defined as an action star. Interesting dude.

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2015, 16:33 jdreyer

The Future has Arrived.

Cutter's worst fears realized.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2015, 15:28 jdreyer

Task wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 11:21:
Looks like SC released a video teaser update regarding the FPS portion. And the write up.

Doesn't look much different than the demo they showed last summer.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2015, 15:22 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 12:03:
Task wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 11:47:
Found this as well in their comments. Example development time comparison of other MMOs (I wonder if ESO fans were mad about that 7 year wait). Anyways, I'll leave ya'll to your discussion - time to go play Witcher 3.

The big question is: Why has no one ever shown that image to Christ Roberts? Why does he keep coming up with totally unrealistic dates?

Because: Let us not shift the blame. The community is getting impatient because CIG keep missing THEIR OWN target dates that they voluntarily publicize to the fans. It was Christ Roberts who claimed live on stage last year that we'd play the FPS module by March, not the community. Do. Not. Shift. Blame. The unrealistic expectations are 100% a CIG self-made issue.

Chris is the ideas guy. Ideas guys are by definition overly optimistic. If he was a realist, he would have decided it couldn't be done and never launched this in the first place. You need ideas guys, but you also need someone of equal power to rein them in, plan properly, help define scope, etc. Not sure there's anyone over at RSI that can do that.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - F1 2015
4. Re: Ship Ahoy - F1 2015 Jul 11, 2015, 01:47 jdreyer

Some people hold up 2013 as the gold standard. Hopefully someone can let us know how this compares.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - F1 2015
3. Re: Ship Ahoy - F1 2015 Jul 11, 2015, 01:47 jdreyer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 19:43:
No SLI support? Fucking hell, not this again. Pathetic.

Really? For 5% of gamers out there? For a graphics engine that hardly requires it?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 10, 2015, 19:58 jdreyer

Ellen's just not having a good year.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
143. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 18:47 jdreyer

Slashman wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 10:14:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 09:54:
Derek's here to spread more propaganda against Star Citizen. Brilliant. Did you get bored of making your failed games and filing lawsuits against anyone who looks at you funny?

I may not be into his games or like his attitude on some things, but I don't think he's said anything so far that is inaccurate wrt Star Citizen. Like it or not, he is somewhat qualified to speak about this kind of game and its scope.

Probably among the most qualified, as there are only a few project leads on the planet that have ever tried anything of this scope, Derek being among them for the past 2+ decades.

Live long, and prosper.

142. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 18:42 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 06:41:
Newsflash for you, bro: Most crowdfunding gigs have already proven that they are not one bit better than publishers. The same poor communication, the same questionable business practices, the same cuts (many games do not deliver the full package that was promised), the same bullshit all around.
And *especially* CIG has been breaking Kickstarter promises left, right and center before the game has even come out. With all the snake oil, and the semantical spin they put on their own older statements, they are like EA already. No difference. At all.

Completely untrue. The vast majority of crowdfunded projects I've funded have delivered a complete enjoyable product for the reasonable price I pledge. No free to play. No pay to win. No nickel and dime chop-the-game-to-pieces DLC. No Origin or UPlay. No DRM. No modding restrictions (usually the opposite: total modding support).

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
17. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 10, 2015, 17:58 jdreyer

JediPunisher wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 15:02:
Honestly, I think that opening video cost Brian a lot of support; Bard's Tale should've raised at least $2.5M by now, and would've if he had led with that in-engine video. I assumed, wrongly I'm told, that Brian Fargo let his kid drive his new Ferrari at his studio in picturesque Newport Beach. You just don't flaunt your wealth with your hand out. And it wasn't a good idea to schedule this Kickstarter so close to E3, unless it's part of E3 (e.g. Shenmue 3).

Really? I've always felt the BT series was sub par.

Live long, and prosper.

15. removed Jul 10, 2015, 17:54 jdreyer

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 10, 2015, 19:03.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 10, 2015, 17:52 jdreyer

ALso, Fury X seems to be superior at SLI:

But what about that direct AMD and NVIDIA comparisons? Despite what we might have expected going in, the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X actually scaled in CrossFire better than the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti. This comes not only in terms of average frame rate increases, but also in lower frame time variances that result in a smoother gaming experience. In several cases the extra scalability demonstrated by the Fury X allowed its dual-GPU performance to surpass a pair of GTX 980 Ti cards even though in a single GPU configuration the GeForce card was the winner. GRID 2 at 4K is one example of this result as is Bioshock Infinite at 4K. And even in a game like Crysis 3 at 4K where we saw NVIDIA's card scale by a fantastic 84%, AMD's Fury X card scaled by 95%!

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 10, 2015, 16:07 jdreyer

I wonder what their motivation is for attacking these gaming companies.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 10, 2015, 16:05 jdreyer

harlock wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 13:00:
what happened to all the fanboys? coming to their defense? saying its the best thing ever? and you dont know what youre talking about?

Not sure there were ever any DayZ fanboys on Blues.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 10, 2015, 16:05 jdreyer

Retired wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 12:02:
DayZ's Dean Hall- 'I both love and hate Early Access' - Gamasutra.

loves the money

hates the work

Came to say nearly the same thing. He hates the complaints.

Live long, and prosper.

15. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 10, 2015, 14:37 jdreyer

Space Food Truck- A Digital Co-op Board Game by One Man Left Kickstarter.

Slimram! You're doing a Kickstarter?

Live long, and prosper.

14. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 10, 2015, 14:35 jdreyer

Task wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 12:12:
HorrorScope wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 11:53:
I feel there is another additional reason why KS dollars aren't there like they used to be... We've rec'd several games now on these once forgotten genre's. The itch to a good point has been scratched.

This looks good though and as said, the giveaways early on were good.

I suspect when a MW5 is announced, its going to make tens of millions. One can dream.

I would definitely back a Mechwarrior game that had some kind of major single player component. Thing is, unless Topps or whoever owns the IP does it (which is problematic, being a major corporation) all we can hope for is a spiritual successor. The IP owner will want too much money for original IP.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Trove Launches
2. Re: Trove Launches Jul 10, 2015, 14:16 jdreyer

Haven't played it, but I thought some people on Blues were kind of high on this. It sounded solid, stable, and fun.  

Live long, and prosper.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2015, 03:22 jdreyer

WarPig wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 19:34:
Yeah, I didn't know Brian Cox wasn't American until I saw him on Top Gear (RIP). The one that really blew me away was listening to Gillian Anderson speaking with her British accent, again on Top Gear (RIP).

Go watch The Fall if you want two whole seasons of that lush Gillian Anderson British accent. Currently streaming on Netflix.

Live long, and prosper.

107. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 02:58 jdreyer

Jackplug wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 01:32:
Fools and their money are soon parted, they really thought they would get a game that good... Dumbasses!!

It be F2P in about 6 months!

What gets me is that Elite Dangerous only got over a million pounds of crowd funding and look what he did with that and yet, Robert Nukem got $85million and where is it?!?!

E:D also got external funding, I believe to the tune of $90M.

Live long, and prosper.

13127 Comments. 657 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo