Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 10564 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
8. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 8, 2015, 18:10 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 17:39:
I was an okay game, but not for $59.99

The maps in the alpha were all arena based and didn't seem to have enough space to evade the hunters long enough to evolve, mostly at later stages in the unlock advancement. It turned into a nascar race track with the hunters chasing a monster around and around. They mentioned mod support off hand at one time but I don't know if they've committed to releasing any mapping tools.

Timed exclusive DLC for Xbox One, one month I think. While they've said they had a ton of DLC planned for the game supposedly they won't be fractioning the community with paid maps.

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 17:31:
I want them graphics to be in-game.

It uses the CryEngine to good effect but lacks destruction, doesn't look or play anything like that trailer of course.

One article I read a few weeks ago said that the guy playing the monster had no trouble beating the hunters nearly every single time. Seems like hunters need really good teamwork? Maybe they've tweaked it since then.

"Blue could have sold out years ago, gone mainstream and turned the site into a copy of every other gushing, ad infested cesspool of baitclicks. He chose not to and for that he has my thanks and utmost respect." - InBlack
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 8, 2015, 17:43 jdreyer

THIS is the Oculus Killer you're looking for!  

"Blue could have sold out years ago, gone mainstream and turned the site into a copy of every other gushing, ad infested cesspool of baitclicks. He chose not to and for that he has my thanks and utmost respect." - InBlack

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
26. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 16:04 jdreyer

I think it's important to understand that while Islam certainly plays a part, so too does the tribal culture of the region. There were honor killings, forced marriages, patriarchal councils, etc. in this region for 1000s of years before Islam came around. Note that the vast majority of terrorists come from the middle east, while the most populous Islamic nation, Indonesia, produces relatively few.

That being said, while the vast majority of wars in history have been primarily non-religious, when wars have been religious, Islam has been the biggest instigator.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
25. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 8, 2015, 15:54 jdreyer

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 15:43:
It's odd to see people trying to draw an Islam = Christianity comparison, when the nearest and best comparison is actually with secular and state atheist regimes. North Korea's attitude towards their idiot leaders is a lot closer to Islam's attitude towards Mohammed. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure you can't get very far with Castro mockery either in Cuba.

I think Cuba and DPRK are poor analogs here. Reverence for Castro and Kim are government enforced by secret police. The most in the general population don't revere them. However, most Muslims don't take lampooning of Mohammed easily as a matter of course, just as most Christians don't take lampooning of Jesus easily. No prodding by secret police is needed. It's just that in most Christian nations, the response to religious satire isn't violence.

News Comments > Zombie Studios Closed
7. Re: Zombie Studios Closed Jan 8, 2015, 15:46 jdreyer

Well, they've been a shadow of their former selves for over a year now. One could say they were, in fact, a zombie studio.

Drummer

News Comments > GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords
5. Re: GOG.com Removes Installer Passwords Jan 8, 2015, 15:45 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 15:36:
I'm confused. Why exactly did they put these passwords in to begin with? How is putting a password into something HELPING a Luddite (apparently we call them "less tech-savvy" now...) install a game?

The people of Lud for several years now have waged a campaign to remove the term "Luddite" from the common vernacular.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2015, 14:17 jdreyer

Archer in prison could have been epic. Looking forward to it regardless, one of the best comedies out there.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 8, 2015, 14:05 jdreyer

Don't sound the death knell for the PC just yet.

Hello there! Have some coffee!

Someone went to sleep in 2011 and just woke up.

News Comments > Xsyon on Steam
2. Re: Xsyon on Steam Jan 8, 2015, 13:45 jdreyer

"Xsyon?" Are all the other good names taken?  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 21:51 jdreyer

Prez wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 21:26:
It was painful reading those twitter meltdowns. How did baseball players get so stupid?

Human beings are stupid. Here's a story about a dude that meant to send a pic of his junk to his GF, and ended up sending it to his whole snapchat contact list, including the underage girls he coached. Honest mistake, but game over.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 7, 2015, 21:17 jdreyer

I think this is a much better explanation that the one the other day of "trust us"  

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 7, 2015, 21:16 jdreyer

Simon Says wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 20:22:
Not a single VR tech has tried to tackle the main problems remaining that I see immersion wise. Eye movement and surround visuals.

So that if you move your eye, the image is adjusted according to the position of your fovea on the display adjusting for eye movement ( iows, correcting the 3d rendering for perspective errors and adjusting the projection in realtime for the DLP retina projection tech ).

And for surround, so you can't look elsewhere, all your field of view would be encapsulated in the simulation. Now you could make some freaky good horror games with "just out of the corner of your eye" movement/hallucinations and stuff. Now that would totally rock.

THe Samsung VR has eye tracking. Not implemented the way you describe, but it's there to track cursor movements.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 21:14 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 20:29:
Fuck Ver and libertarian clowns like him. Self-entitled assholes who think they should be able to reap the benefits of society without having to pay for it. Good on State, leave him to rot.

He's rotting in paradise...

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jan 7, 2015, 20:53 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 20:33:
How are they going to manage that when the servers are down or the game goes offline permanently in a few years?
They'll just have to hurry, I guess.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 7, 2015, 19:19 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 19:15:
It's 5 year mission...

Seems like they are going to need a lot more players.

1000 players to map 400 billion stars? That's like, that's like... a GAZILLION stars per player!

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2015, 19:05 jdreyer

Speaking of the FCC:

Title II for Internet providers is all but confirmed by FCC chairman

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
3. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 7, 2015, 18:44 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 18:29:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 18:25:
It's confusing that his company is named "Origin PC." I just assumed that he was working at EA Origin's website, and might have been heading that up. I guess it's not infringement, but damn is it confusing.

Yeah, that was a little headscratching at first...

I'd still love to try Valve's controller...I may totally end up hating it, but it at least looks interesting.

Yeah, me too. Have been very interested in their unique approach, since so little innovation has been going on in the controller sphere for years now.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 7, 2015, 18:39 jdreyer

Pretty cool. Looks fantastic. Wonder if the Skywind folks will donate anything to this project.

Also, cool of Bethblog to feature it. Love Bethesda for their pro-mod stance.

News Comments > Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines "Pretty Much Dead"
1. Re: Origin PC CEO: Steam Controller Finalized; Steam Machines Jan 7, 2015, 18:25 jdreyer

It's confusing that his company is named "Origin PC." I just assumed that he was working at EA Origin's website, and might have been heading that up. I guess it's not infringement, but damn is it confusing.  

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 7, 2015, 18:17 jdreyer

Wow, tons of VR stuff. I would love one of those treadmills, but no room where I live.

And that Glyph thing is probably the future of VR: projecting images directly onto the retina. DLP has super fast response times.

10564 Comments. 529 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo