Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 9402 (Guru)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
57. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 03:13 jdreyer

Redmask wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 20:09:
Cutter wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 19:28:
Maybe it's the romantic in me, but I'd stuff her like a turkey. I've wanted to boink her from the first time I saw her.

That is..pretty creepy. The 'dork from The Office' is funny and women like humor.

What's creepy about it? It's not like she's 12. She didn't even start appearing in movies and TV until she was 20.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 10, 2014, 00:34 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 19:22:
That's a long fucking way from a Holodeck.

Well, yeah, but that's 400 years from now. It's an interesting first step though. For better immersion, you'd have to dedicate a room.

Here's the scene from Minority Report that somewhat depicted a future version this.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 10, 2014, 00:27 jdreyer

Cloud Imperium is OK with Star Citizen's grey marketů

They'd better be okay with it, seeing as CJ already made a bundle selling his ships. Also, given how they're selling ships and making $10s of millions it would be pretty hypocritical of them to say anything else.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2014, 19:49 jdreyer

Elon Musk worries AI could delete humans along with spam.

AI would never do that. Humans just don't taste as good as spam.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 9, 2014, 19:48 jdreyer

Also, too: Where's my single player, first person mech game with 20 hour narrative, mission-based campaign with Oculus Rift support?

Now get off of my lawn!

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 9, 2014, 19:47 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 18:19:
If it will be free to play, why should I fund it?

That was my first thought. Why do people think they can KS free to play games? Especially MOBAs, a genre that gets regular derision from the very people that participate in kickstarters.

News Comments > Space Engineers Free Weekend
2. Re: Space Engineers Free Weekend Oct 9, 2014, 19:44 jdreyer

Lots of times these Free Weekends are multiplayer only. Is this playable for free single player? Hard to tell from the blurb.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p
10. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII Released; Only Supports 720p Oct 9, 2014, 19:18 jdreyer

As a deepening crisis threatens to plunge the floating PC world of Cocoon into chaos, a band of unsuspecting strangers hackers find themselves branded enemies of the state Square. With the panicking population baying for their blood higher resolution, and the military all publisher not too happy to oblige, they have no choice but to run for their lives build a UI that runs command line changes. Join them on a desperate quest to challenge the forces controlling their fate, and prevent untold destruction.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 9, 2014, 16:03 jdreyer

Task wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 09:37:
That Camel will be a famous one.

Sweden is cool, is the short answer. Another thing they left out is that Sweden haven't been directly involved with a war since 1812, they have no war debt, which normally can stagnate innovation, growth, and the civilian market within a country (like the U.S.). Their government can then afford to assist with public funding in combination with decentralization, whether it be infrastructure (like fiber/cable), healthcare, and education. Other European countries have pretty good broadband as well, like Switzerland.

Yeah, I was really trying to cut on tea party types that are all "Murica Fuck yeah!" Sweden is a very progressive place. And very high on the happiness scale. A neat accomplishment for a country colder than a witch's tit.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 9, 2014, 14:10 jdreyer

From the article:

Since Adobe doesn't actually sell ebooks, this makes the slurping of the data very strange indeed. It's also a possible breach of the software's terms and conditions, which state:

"We will not access, view, or listen to any of your content, except as reasonably necessary to perform the Services. Actions reasonably necessary to perform the Services may include (but are not limited to) (a) responding to support requests; (b) detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues; and (c) enforcing these terms."

Adobe says it simply has to log every page you turn to tackle piracy.

Which makes no since because they don't sell ebooks. Just software.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 9, 2014, 14:06 jdreyer

PC sales are starting to pick up again.

Now that everyone owns a tablet and realizes they're pretty limited, they're buying PCs again.

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
59. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 14:03 jdreyer

Fantaz wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 13:59:
I like that companies are at least being honest now letting us know about these things, like AC Unity having 900p/30fps/etc, instead of never saying anything only for us to discover these details after the games ship.

The solution to that is to play on PC. Even if the developer doesn't provide it, some enterprising modder will.

58. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 14:01 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 13:51:
Jesus, some of you people throw tantrums.

"I'm incredibly angry and outraged that a product that I have no financial interest in, that I am not obligated to buy and that I can safely bypass without a single iota of difference being made in my life has been crafted in a way that I don't like. TO THE INTARWEBS TO VOICE MY DISCONTENT!"

I'll just leave this here.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 13:56 jdreyer

Brynjolf wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 13:50:

PS.: please dont change the desktop design, its old but its perfect! Even tho im in Europe, id be totally in for a Kickstarter, Teeshirts, Coffee Mugs or any other "Memorabilia"!

It's fine for desktop systems, but it's hard to read and use on mobile.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 13:49 jdreyer

Blue, you work 12 or more hours a day on this site, 7 days a week, 365. You need proper compensation.

1. Remind people not to use adblock when they visit the site. You need to make regular pleas for this. Guys, if you're using adblock, except Blues. Seriously. Shame on you. Blues <> EA. Blues <> M$. It's just one guy. Blue. He needs to eat. His dogs need to eat. Turn off adblock. *looks at Sho*

2. Do a Kickstarter. Ex: You could do a KS for "New Blues News logo." Set the goal at like $500 to pay for the graphic artist. I'm sure you will make gobs more than that. Use the extra money to feed the dogs and the wife, pay for maintenance on Blue Tower.

3. Do a Patreon. People "subscribe" to blues for $5 per month or whatever. I'm sure there are tons of people appreciative of what you do here that would subscribe. Here's an example from a webcomic I follow sometimes.

4. Sell merch. T-shirts, mugs, etc. It will take a bit of time to design, but once you do, the vendor will do the rest, and you'll just get a check every month.

5. Since the adblock blocks the amazon links, regularly (once a week?) remind people to order via the links. Regular reminders are cheesy, but with tons of people using adblock on the site, it can't be helped.

Evidenced by the time and number of visitors, tons of people love this site and will put their money where their mouths are to support it. Just provide them with a variety of options, and you should be able to keep things going.

38. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 13:06 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 10:15:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 10:13:
I have no issue with a developer making a SURVIVAL HORROR game that is targeting 30 fps and 2.35:1 for aesthetic purposes. They're giving you the option to bypass those choices yourself, yet you still bitch and moan?

They're bitching because they didn't read.

Regardless, this is bad PR. "For consoles, we're designing the game to run at 30FPS at a 2.35:1 ration. PC players this will be the default, but you will have the option to set the screen resolution and frame rate to whatever you like."

Is it really that hard?

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
22. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 8, 2014, 22:18 jdreyer

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 20:08:
I spent 100 hrs to beat Origins on nightmare. Fun game but took a lot of inspiration from the Wheel of Time series imo.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
21. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 8, 2014, 22:17 jdreyer

Earlyworm wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 19:13:
Redmask wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 18:54:
Fantastic game, nice to see EA doing these things to improve its image.

Really nice gesture. Too bad for me that I already own it, but can't complain really, I have been enjoying the last freebie Bejeweled 3.

I can't understand the hate for Origin.. it's a lightweight client that does what it's supposed to.

It was a royal pain in the ass to sign up for (went through 3 email addresses before I got through the whole process). However, I've been fine with it since then.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 8, 2014, 21:05 jdreyer

How Come My ISP Won't Increase Internet Speed and Lower My Bill, Like They Do in Sweden?

Because capitalizm and monopoleez.

Also, everyone knows Sweden, being a communist country, makes it cheap so everyone will use internet. Then they can spy on everyone. That could never happen in the USA. At least not the cheap part.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 8, 2014, 21:02 jdreyer

Comcast shareholders approve Time Warner Cable purchase.

Of course they do. Because they want teh MUNNEEZ.

9402 Comments. 471 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo