Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 9355 (Guru)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2014, 14:51 jdreyer

Ubi:

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to The Console Limits.

Game on PC. Accept no substitutes.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Logitech Oct 7, 2014, 14:44 jdreyer

Frags4Fun wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 11:06:
I've actually had a tiny eyelash hair in my mouse which made it act like what your describing. It could also be something on your desk or mouse-pad but I imagine that you already checked that. Another thing is to check that mouse pointer acceleration is off unless you like it on.

I got a flake from a croissant stuck in there where I couldn't see it, and it made the cursor all janky and sometimes immobile. Got most of it out, but there's still a piece in there, and it gets weird sometimes.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 13:43 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:09:
They can only ruin any sort of Twin Peaks sequel or continuation. Do not give in to their nonsense, Verno!

Any series/show/movie that gets a continuation 20+ years later = absolutely terrible, this is a Universal Constant.

Didn't they already ruin it by continuing beyond the logical conclusion?

News Comments > Project Spark Released
4. Re: Project Spark Released Oct 7, 2014, 13:20 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 09:16:
I don't know if they've adjusted it but when I tried the beta the paywalls for this thing were absolutely obnoxious. They made a lot of noise about user creations but I couldn't even see others in beta without ponying up for the same things they did, it was a bizarre implementation.

That's weird.

Anyone else play around with this? Is it similar to Unity but with simpler tools?

News Comments > DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation
15. Re: DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation Oct 7, 2014, 13:16 jdreyer

KS wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 13:11:
Is skirmish or whatever single player is, worth it alone? I hate multiplayer in games like this, and haven't been so sad at the announcement of the lack of a real single-player campaign since Demigod, which bombed otherwise, stupid devs. What a wasted game that was.

I used to play Spaceward Ho! and Pax Imperia, which had no campaign, but you moved system to system in galactic conquest against any number of AI which started in other parts of the galaxy. Is it like that?

Basically, yes. You move from system to system conquering the planets and moons their and acquiring tech that you can use in future battles. As I mentioned, haven't played in a while, so maybe someone else can further elucidate.

14. Re: DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation Oct 7, 2014, 13:14 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:38:
Nice. Havent been paying much attention to this game lately, has it turned out halfways decent?

As a huge fan of TA and SC, I have to say it turned out okay, but not great (although I've been playing DG2 exclusively lately, and have yet to play PA since the beta). My pet peeves:

- Units aren't as detailed and lack the character of those in Chris Taylor's games.

- Hard to get a sense of how things are going when you can only see half the map at a time.

Still, for the money it's an achievement, and I can't wait until I've got some time to spend with it.

12. Re: DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation Oct 7, 2014, 13:09 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 12:26:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 10:07:
Well, it's about [Insert your deity here] -damned time.

Vishnu-damned time?

Shakamuni-damned time, obviously. The Buddha is the only god that invites mockery, since nothing is sacred in Buddhism.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 7, 2014, 03:28 jdreyer

nin wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 20:08:
ViRGE wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 18:57:
"5 Dirty Tricks Apple Uses to Get You to Buy a New iPhone."

You're normally more selective than this, Blue. That is a Grade-A example of a useless clickbait article.

Dude, it's cracked. Did you really expect something meaningful?

I actually like a lot of the Cracked articles.

News Comments > Door Kickers This Month
13. Re: Door Kickers This Month Oct 6, 2014, 22:21 jdreyer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 12:33:
There are already games on the market - this is a clone.

/the tough guy fat kid behind the keyboard talk is always funny. To bad you aren't aware how these things work in real life.

C'mon Bats, you gotta admit the timing of this game announcement is poor given what's been in the news lately. We've had story after story after story after story lately of screwups, abuse, swatting, miscommunication resulting in innocent deaths, etc. etc. It has really gotten out of control.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Oct 6, 2014, 21:49 jdreyer

Massive update from Josh, since he skipped a last month. Tons of great stuff, and the game is really coming a long. Still needs to work on AI and ship/station design.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 6, 2014, 19:31 jdreyer

ViRGE wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 18:57:
"5 Dirty Tricks Apple Uses to Get You to Buy a New iPhone."

You're normally more selective than this, Blue. That is a Grade-A example of a useless clickbait article.

Hate Apple anyway, so no danger for me there.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 6, 2014, 19:28 jdreyer

I just loved that dude's voice. RIP.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 6, 2014, 19:27 jdreyer

Whoa, a couple of really cool looking projects. Rogue Wizards will definitely make funding. Like to see The Black Glove made as well.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Oct 6, 2014, 19:19 jdreyer

"Fearless Fantasy?" Lawsuit from Square in 3...2...1...  

News Comments > DCS: Su-27 Announced
2. Re: DCS: Su-27 Announced Oct 6, 2014, 19:18 jdreyer

Do I understand that correctly, that the Flanker will be a free addition to DCS world, along with the Frogfoot? So if you install DCS world you'll have two free planes to fly?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 6, 2014, 18:29 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 16:19:
I use Audio Technica cans because they're, you know, actually good.

One of the earphones went out in my A-T noise canceling earbuds last week. I only got them 4 months ago.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
40. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 6, 2014, 18:26 jdreyer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 06:32:
I think the criticism is getting pretty tired now.

SC is the most successful crowdfunded project in history and is bringing in more than $3,000,000 a month, with constant updates being released and new features. This month they'll be showing off the FPS module and we may even get to play it soon. It's successful for a reason and that is that it's what PC gamers want.

When I backed the game I thought it was going to be a low-budget space-sim and what we're getting is a game that looks to redefine gaming. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm more than happy with that.

Yeah, Roberts is essentially going for the-space-sim-to-redefine-space-sims. Those things take time. I've seen glimpses of greatness, but probably what everyone should do is avoid this game for a good year and come back and see where they're at.

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2014, 17:22 jdreyer

@ Cres,

I'm enjoying DG2, but it's a different game from DG1. I agree the scoring system is kind of broken. I'm just playing through the campaign now and enjoying that I don't have to worry about my spending in order to make a gold medal. I can just use all the resources I have to defeat the enemy. That being said, I got a lot of enjoyment score chasing in DG1 and trying to defeat the level with as few resources as possible. I hope they put back in compounding interest at some point.

Like you, I hated juggling, letting cores get away, etc. It feels like too artificial and manipulative. Like you, I had a few top 10 scores early on before the cheaters came in. Then I lost motivation. I wonder what they've done to prevent billion point scores and the like.

Is Jennifer Hale in the game?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 16:29 jdreyer

Prez wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 16:08:

I'm ready for a zombie apocalypse if the mutation is of the "28 Days Later" variety.

If Ebola becomes airborne, I'm thinking less "28 Days Later" and more "The Road."

And according to the Hot Zone, it actually DID mutate into an airborne vareity once in a lab in VA 20 years ago, but it also mutated at the same time to be entirely non lethal. So, bullet dodged there.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2014, 14:01 jdreyer

I'm sure you're already doing this, but regular ice, ibuprophen (or aspirin but not Tylenol), and rest.

As for sleeping, not sure. That really sucks. I've found as I've gotten older that I tend to move around a lot less than I did. I often awake in exactly the same position I fell asleep in hours earlier.

EDIT: Just saw this:

Twitching in your sleep is more about mapping the brain than chasing rabbits.

I guess I'm just brain dead then.

9355 Comments. 468 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo