Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 11182 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer
4. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer Feb 23, 2015, 16:33 jdreyer

Kajetan wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 16:24:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 16:16:
This is almost like testing the waters to see if there is any money in making Homeworld 3 a reality.
Well at least that is my theory
First they have to recreate Cataclysm. All audio master files were found, the source code is near. I feel it in the water, i smell it in the air!!

Since I missed it the first time around somehow, despite playing HW1 & 2 back in the day, I wholly concur: remaster Cataclysm!

"The worst of it all is i used to ENJOY getting excited for big titles like this, but these publishers just keep ruining my love for this wonderful hobby with their endless fuckery." - Sempai
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2015, 14:14 jdreyer

I didn't do too badly in my predictions. Got best actress, supporting actor & actress, best doc, best animated film, costumes, and almost got effects and directing (since I mentioned two for each). Surprised that Redmayne got best actor, thought they'd give it to Keaton for sure. And surprised they picked Birdman, didn't think the Academy would go that dark.  

"The worst of it all is i used to ENJOY getting excited for big titles like this, but these publishers just keep ruining my love for this wonderful hobby with their endless fuckery." - Sempai

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 23, 2015, 13:56 jdreyer

Glad things are working out for that guy. There was a pot of gold at the end of the Curiosity rainbow after all.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 23, 2015, 13:53 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 11:57:
As for Lindsay Stone, I found that picture pretty damn offensive (No, you're not just being a douchebag in front of a sign. That sign means something. In essence, you're saying "Fuck everyone who died in military service.") Not everything can be turned into a joke. These are men and women who **died** in service to their country. They deserve respect, not to be turned into a fucking joke on your goddamn facebook page so you can get a few likes from the clowns who like your written diarrhea.

But she didn't deserve to get fired over it, nor have her life tarnished because of it.

Interesting article. The gist of it really is: Don't be on fucking Twitter, and don't post stupid bullshit on your Facebook page.

Yeah, Lindsey is LD, so I'm not sure she has the ability to understand the ramifications of her actions all the time. Regardless, now she does. Probably permanently altered her personality. And ironic that wingnuts seized upon this as a cause celeb, railing against her, when in fact, it was a completely apolitical statement.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 23, 2015, 13:49 jdreyer

Flatline wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 13:32:
And yes, I agree. Twitter is a fucking plague on humanity. I mean, I remember the night that the Iranian uprising happened and we were trying to put up twitter mirrors so that the students could coordinate without the Iranian government shutting the effort down, and that was a trip to behold.

I hate Twitter, have never registered, and almost never read them. Completely agree with your sentiment.

That being said, I'm now tempted to go register and start posting just to prevent someone from coopting my name and "stealing" my ID. Also, if I have to look for a new job, having a "positive" result when googled might be preferable.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 23, 2015, 13:45 jdreyer

Flatline wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 11:27:
Interesting link in the comment section in relation to that Adria Richards thing:

https://amandablumwords.wordpress.com/2013/03/21/3/

Apparently, getting offended, not telling anyone, and causing a huge shitstorm on the internet is her MO.

Yeah, I remember this story when it happened, and read Amanda's post back then. Thanks, it's a good read.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 23, 2015, 13:06 jdreyer

Curved is the new flat.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
29. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 12:55 jdreyer

Once NVidia loses the lawsuit:

"All plantiffs in the class action lawsuit are entitled to receive the following:
- A type-written form letter from NVidia apologizing for the marketing error.
- A $5 coupon good toward the purchase of any NVidia card."

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
114. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 23, 2015, 01:37 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 22:20:

Yeah, that's definitely going to be a massive problem for them. They say that everything can be earned in game, but if you can earn a $2500 ship in a few weeks of play, those that paid cash for it are undoubtedly going to bitch. That balancing act is going to be nigh-impossible, I think. (after which they'll just make them impossible to get, I'd guess, or maybe they'll allow a used vehicle market, essentially turning those high price ship into the equivalent of limited edition supercars. Who's got my Huayra?!)

Well, if the people who paid the cash complain, would there be anything they could do about it? RSI will already have spent the money.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2015, 22:14 jdreyer

harlock wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 21:20:
anybody watching that show Black Sails?

wow man,.. wow

Didn't even know about it until just now. I really enjoyed Spartacus, so Starz has shown they know how to make a good show. How does it stack up against the benchmark sailing movie: Master & Commander?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 21:18 jdreyer

PHJF wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 20:40:
You forgot 8) They have the barest excuse of AI and can barely be compared in ability to the efforts of a blind and deaf quadriplegic.

After a long day at work, sometimes you don't want to play against massively skilled human players.

Also, there are lots of instances where playing in teams against the UI can be an experience filled with fun and camaraderie, as this Shack Tac video shows.

111. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 21:09 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 12:58:
Goddamn it. Really wanted that 101st post!

101st Fighting Keyboard division?

110. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 21:07 jdreyer

Luke wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 12:18:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 08:14:
I still don't understand how it's a bad thing that rich people help fund the game for the rest of us...

because other developers are watching and will copy this " Fund shit " and say hello to even more pay for this pay for that ( if you wanna have succes in the game ) , Again people WHO spend Money toward those fundraisings can only see the tip of there own nose , try for once to look further and see what will happen....jezz..egos

Just a few points to show this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

1. Chris Roberts is a name with rock star level status in the game community. That's going to limit the number of people that can replicate what he is doing.

2. Roberts learned some of these marketing tricks from the movie industry, where he produced films such as The Punisher, Lord of War, and Lucky Number Slevin. Not many other developers have that experience (if any).

3. Chris launched this during the heyday of the crowdfunding scene, which has since turned a bit sour with the number of unshipped products. This gave him the boost to show what he could do, and enough people like what they see and still think he's got the chops, so the money keeps rolling in.

4. Chris is producing a game in a genre that has experienced a huge dry spell. If Carmack tried to raise 10s of millions for an FPS, I dare say he'd fail since we get plenty of shooters on an annual basis. The only regular AAA space games we get are the X-series, and we know how the last one of those turned out.

109. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 20:47 jdreyer

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:59:
This whole thing feels like its gonna turn into a cult like what Scientology is...

Yeah, I don't think Roberts is going to have people beaten, imprisoned, and tortured.

Also, as a fan of his previous games, what are your thoughts here? You sound a bit negative.

108. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 20:44 jdreyer

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 06:36:
A mug and his money are easily parted.

It's not like I've splurged and used all I have and now I'll be eating from the dollar menu for the next year. It's called disposable income, it may seem like a lot to some, as it would have to me years ago, maybe some of you should learn to save and work a little harder instead of trolling others full time. I've also gifted 2 ships with alpha access to complete strangers because they seemed to be good people who had fallen on hard times, or in one instance they were merely a poor college student.

Also, what control have I stated I think I have over anything? I like the game, I like it's ideas, I think it's going to be something revolutionary and groundbreaking when it gets to a polished state. If not, no big deal, I've gambled before and I know the risks.

Well, thanks for going in so big. I went in at 1% of what you did, so it's people like you that fund it for the rest of us, even if indirectly. I agree with most of what you say, and am looking forward to playing once it's finished.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 20:35 jdreyer

verybad1 wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 18:25:
Ain't gonna ever buy Evolve, even if it and it's DLC's get to 99 cents.

I don't want to help companies like that. There are so many other games out there with more content for less cost, WHY would I need to buy this.

Besides, if it weren't for the amount they spent on advertising it, the damned thing could be all in one for a decent price already.

No thanks, it's a bad deal.

I hear you, but in a couple of years when there are 20 maps, a dozen monster types, a few dozen characters, and a dozen game modes (i.e. the way it should have shipped out of the gate), it will probably be worth $30.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 20:26 jdreyer

Jerykk wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 17:40:
Never really understood the point of playing against bots. If you're going to do that, why not just play an actual single-player game? It'll be a better experience in every way.

SP campaigns tend to be linear, scripted experiences, akin to "playing" a movie. Sometimes I just want to play an arena-style game, where I am in charge of the narrative myself:
- grab the Apache
- fly it to the enemy waypoint
- nuke all the enemy soldiers there
- parachute out and capture the waypoint
- defend it against enemy attempts to recapture.
- Game ends, and I can feel satisfied in my accomplishments.
I can do that with bots alone or with my brother without having to deal with all the crap that human beings I don't know throw out: invective, aim cheats, rage quitting, booting you if you kill too many people, etc.

In addition to what Prez and Aero said, this petition to get bots into BF4 sums things up pretty well.
1) They make multiplayer accesible for persons who dont play online (yes, many of these people still exist)
2) They allow a player to practice all of the game modes at any time with a full compliment of combatants.
3) They dont curse, cheat, complain, or leave the match when loosing.
4) They allow for a full game without any lag, slowdown, or dropout.
5) They provide great opponents Vs. teams of humans (once their difficulty is turned up).
6) They cause a game to have infinate replay value.
7) Even if we can only play alone (no Lan) with Bots, it would be a great opportunity to practise all of the vehicles. Online it is very hard to practise new types of vehicles.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2015, 20:00 jdreyer

PHJF wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 17:41:
However what I don't like is being bludgeoned over the head with a political agenda. And one that's ancient history at that.

Equal rights for gays is ancient history?

Dude, the marriage equality amendment passed way back in 1975. Hell, we've even had an openly gay president.

Oh, wait.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2015, 19:54 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 16:48:
I'd rather have them focus on the actual science and the story surrounding what they did and how it was used. That's barely mentioned in passing in the film. I don't really need yet another film that demonizes straight white males. Again, learn to let go. Get over it. We ALL have our problems.

Well, straight white men are a persecuted minority. We have to watch out for ourselves, or we won't continue to dominate every aspect of the world.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 22, 2015, 16:39 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 13:07:
Goddamn Wizards of the Coast...

Goddamn Idiots of the Laser. Read that story yesterday. "I knew it was wrong, but wanted to see how far it would go." Well, you're gonna find out now, douchebag.

11182 Comments. 560 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo