Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 13145 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access
35. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 13, 2015, 14:58 jdreyer

SlimRam wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 12:52:
Well...I installed it...after a 29 gig download. It installed fine and then I noticed that it was a bit dark...I tried the brightness controls and...they didn't work? Seriously, HOW do the brightness controls NOT work??? I have a joystick and the default ship twitches around like a epileptic fish. The controls feel spongy and yet over sensitive

In Star Citizen's defense, you were flying the default ship: the Aegis Dynamics ZX-7 Epileptic Fish. I suggest the Anvil Aerospace F7C Hornet.

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 13, 2015, 14:55 jdreyer

Frags4Fun wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 11:34:
Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 20:48:
I wonder if any smart guys on oil 'derricks' are going to play this.

I don't know but I enjoy reading his opinions about this PoS game.

He's got an interesting perspective commenting on a space combat game as one of the few people on the planet to actually have made a space combat game.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2015, 14:48 jdreyer

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 09:10:
nin wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 09:04:
Happy International Lefthanders Day!

Woot woot! I can't wait to write something down today and then smudge the ink with my hand!

An unfortunate daily occurrence for us left handers...

On the up side, left handers are supposedly more creative. And being a lefty in a righty's world means lots of extra neural pathways created by forcing you to use your right hand for things. Lastly, lefties are anecdotally better in bed.

Fun fact: Presidents Obama, Clinton, HW Bush, and Ford are all lefties, and Reagan was ambidexterous. W and Nixon were righties.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 13, 2015, 14:32 jdreyer

Dying Light 2 may be too ambitious for PS4 & Xbox One.

Wow, so it hasn't even been two years yet, but next gen consoles are already becoming last gen.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Supremacy Mode Details
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Supremacy Mode Details Aug 13, 2015, 14:28 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 13:56:
EA skipped a Battlefront campaign because "very few" would play it
According to Peter Moore

Battlefront 2 didn't have a campaign. It did have bots for every single mode so you could play offline alone, coop vs. bots, or full multiplayer without bots.

That being said, unlike SP Battlefield campaigns, people actually give a shit about Star Wars stories. A well done SP campaign would have been awesome, and people, kids especially, would have played the crap out of that. Yet again, EA focuses on making money over making a great product.

Live long, and prosper.

20. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 13, 2015, 03:42 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 13, 2015, 01:42:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 21:20:
Krowen wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 21:13:
Jackplug wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 20:48:
You really gonna fall for this bullshit?

Trying it for free is bullshit?

Obviously. It's a ploy by Roberts to create new addicts who will then spend thousands on virtual ships.

Well, if there is one thing that the current state of Arena Commander is NOT going to do then create new addicts. The only thing that creates new addicts is flashy trailers of future pipe dreams.
It's really kinda odd cuz AC is not really in broader public shape. Maybe they were just too lazy to implement a more restrictive access system and just went 'fuck it, make the code GAMESCOM2015 and let everyone have a taste'(?).

Yeah, you make good points. I was just trying to be funny.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Aug 13, 2015, 01:58 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 23:26:
This video is from a closer perspective. The story is that this was livestreamed by someone because, well, as you can see it's unlikely the cameraman survived.

Also there were two explosions after the fire broke out, a big one and then a fucking huge one like 30 seconds later.

@KXmode, damn that site is huge. It probably all blew, which is why the explosion was so big.

@NKD, yeah, I hope that guy is okay. Reminds me of this guy filming this dormant volcano, although not nearly as close.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 13, 2015, 01:47 jdreyer

Just add Orcs to Starcraft as a fourth faction and be done with it already.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
9. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 13, 2015, 01:46 jdreyer

[VG]Reagle wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 23:12:
I can see farmers set up on day one killing each other over and over just to end the game. The devs log in the next morning and the game is deleted off steam.

Heh. I'm sure there are people out there that would view it as a challenge to see how quickly they could end it. That being said, if the devs saw too much bot on bot action in their game, they could always just add another zero to the end state.

Live long, and prosper.

10. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 12, 2015, 21:20 jdreyer

Krowen wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 21:13:
Jackplug wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 20:48:
You really gonna fall for this bullshit?

Trying it for free is bullshit?

Obviously. It's a ploy by Roberts to create new addicts who will then spend thousands on virtual ships.

Live long, and prosper.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2015, 19:56 jdreyer

Task wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 16:41:
Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis (the Real Indiana Jones 4 movie in game format), I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, Quest For Glory, The Longest Journey, Monkey Island, MYST, Leisure Suit Larry, To The Moon, Space Quest, and more.

No love for Full Throttle? One of the greatest SCUMM games ever made, designed by Tim Schafer and with voice work by Mark Hamill.

*checks*

Actually, might not be available anywhere digitally.
GoG should get on that. Looks like there are abandonware downloads for it though.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2015, 19:47 jdreyer

Saw that explosion earlier. Reminds me a bit of what happened with that fertilizer plant in TX a couple years back. Hope everyone is okay.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 12, 2015, 19:43 jdreyer

FNorw Man's rd to the Sky on Steam. Save 30%.

Hey, a guy can dream, right?

Live long, and prosper.

5. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 12, 2015, 19:42 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 17:41:
"Buy our game now, it may end tomorrow!"

Hey, at least they're honest about it. It's still better than what EA does.

ZING!

Live long, and prosper.

4. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 12, 2015, 19:41 jdreyer

It's an interesting thought experiment.

Wait, they're actually doing this?

Live long, and prosper.

5. Re: Star Citizen Dogfighting Module Access Aug 12, 2015, 19:39 jdreyer

I wonder if Blue is a SC backer, and if not, will be trying it during this free period.  

Live long, and prosper.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2015, 14:28 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 11:25:
Retired wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 10:45:
geez. Was looking for some games to play one handed (don't get cute with that) from a recent surgery, and thought I could do Fallout New Vegas - well, although painful, I did - and accidentally blinked and it was over 5 hours later. I remember very little from the first time I played at release, and I loaded up with a bunch of improvements from Nexus.

Any recommendations on 1 hand games, maybe some good click/mouse games?

Any point and click adventure game will work. I always buy the Artifex Mundi games on Steam when they're 2 bucks as they're great litle time wasters. Divinty Original Sin can be played 1H as it's turn based. That'll keep you going for a long time. I've been playing a lot of Invisible Inc, This War of Mine and Sid Mier's Starships of late, all 1H games. Also board game type games on Steam like Ticket to Ride, et al. are all 1H. Oddly enough they don't have any classic games like backgammon, cribbage, etc. And I always like playing those.

Yeah, not sure if it's your bag, but maybe time time to play The Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 12, 2015, 14:19 jdreyer

SlimRam wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 12:34:
  • Crackdown 3 (finally) proves why Microsoft put Xbox One's head in the cloud.

• I played the first one and it was pretty fun but...aren't these guys supposed to be cops? How does destroying the city translate into " Protect and Serve". I can see the news interview with the police chief now...

"Chief, you're officers did 40 billion dollars in damage and cost the lives of at lease 1000 people. How do you respond to these allegations of blatant disregard for human life?"

"Well, we got our man. Now the citizens of this fine town, however many may have survived, can breathe easier knowing this criminal scum is off our decimated streets."

Haven't you been reading the news the past decade, and especially over the past year regarding the police?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2015, 04:46 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 01:33:
    jdreyer wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 13:06:
    I have serious techlust for one of those ultrawide 3440x1440 monitors.

waiting for them to come out with a 40" ultrawide. i too share your lust, but i went to frys to check them out and vertically they feel smushed to me because they're shorter than the 27" i currently play on even though they're way wider.

I think a 34" ultrawide (21:9, the one from the article) is the same height as a 27" (16:9, standard ratio). Probably what you're seeing is the 1080P ultrawides, which are too small, but a lot cheaper.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
    3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 11, 2015, 21:38 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 21:00:
    Not like I'd back this anyway, but if I was inclined there's no way I'd do it without regional pricing. If they can do it for all these other countries they can do it for Canada or no sale.

Huh, it only cost me $16 USD. Can't you VPN into the US and buy it?

Live long, and prosper.

13145 Comments. 658 pages. Viewing page 9.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo