Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 9813 (Guru)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
59. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 13:33 jdreyer

Rattlehead wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 11:06:
Pirate bay all the way.

Don't be a douchenozzle.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
56. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 13:29 jdreyer

nin wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 10:22:
Their funeral. I suspect they're going to try their own for the holiday season, and when it flops, they'll be back on steam in the spring.

Ubi has been making consistently decent games for a while now. I'm surprised this move took them this long. It makes sense for them to get that 30% back. They come out ahead even with a 25% drop in PC sales.

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
32. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 7, 2014, 13:13 jdreyer

Quinn wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 05:51:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:21:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:05:
16!?! That's great and all, and I was going to buy Witcher 3 anyway, but now I have no incentive to buy it early... more like in a year and a half after when all these DLCs are finally released. :|

^ this e-fuckin-xactly

You 2 must be absolutely fucking kidding me. CD Project RED reveals that they are going to keep adding stuff to their game FOR FREE, and yet -- SOMEHOW!!!! -- you guys can moan about it like a bunch of fucking crackwhores. Unbelievable.

Yeah, the reason to wait to buy something like BL2 is that you don't want to pay individually for all the DLC. If CD Projekt is releasing them for free, no need to wait. There is an argument for waiting in wanting to play the "complete" game though. However, you'll be waiting a couple of years for that.

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black Nov 7, 2014, 12:43 jdreyer

nin wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 08:51:

I can only think of one, and she's long gone. FUCK THEIR PLANET!

C'mon nin, all those hotmaidens handmaidens?

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
22. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 7, 2014, 12:39 jdreyer

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 09:25:
Question for those of you with the OR:

How does it work with glasses? I'm not ashamed to admit that, in my old age, my eyesight has gotten worse and my lenses have gotten a bit thicker. If it's like other VR headgear that I've tried, they mash my glasses in to my face which isn't just uncomfortable but gives me a raging headache in a short amount of time.

That's a good question. I know the OR comes with several different sets of lenses, but that can't cover everyone can it? Here's what ifixit has to say:

For those gamers who sport geek-chic glasses, the Oculus team has included different eyecups of varying focal lengths, just like it did in the Oculus VR, though this isn't a perfect solution.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Oculus+Rift+Development+Kit+2+Teardown/27613

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
36. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 7, 2014, 04:06 jdreyer

Wildone wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 22:17:
Wow so what was the drama that caused them to get fired?

Nothing dramatic. Chris just needed all his leads to relocate to SoCal for efficiency's sake so everyone was in the same office. Wingman didn't want to leave Austin.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2014, 22:06 jdreyer

Prez wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:42:
The exit polls showed that among young people it was the economy that drove them to vote against the Dems. And it WAS a vote AGAINST the Dems, absolutely NOT a vote for Republicans. The economy overall is doing well, but the benefits are disproportionately being seen by the wealthy. By and large, peoples' personal economies suck - prices of things are going up but wages have stayed basically the same (adjusting for inflation) for a decade. Unemployment is down but the jobs being added do not come close to the ones lost as far as salary goes. The ironic thing is that the Republicans historically do little to fix any of this, so expect a landslide victory in the other direction in two years.

Yeah, agree with this. Nice summary.

It's a bit ironic that people throw the Repubs into office to fix the income inequality issue. Not that the Dems were doing anything to address it, but at least they have a history of legislation to try and address things like that. Also, wages have been flat basically since 1980, adjusted for inflation, while worker productivity has soared by 60%. All that has gone to the top 1% of earners.

I really don't see any way out, honestly. Even if you had a full Dem congress and Dem president, the corporations just hold their leashes too tightly. You'll never see the return of unions, the elimination of NAFTA, penalties against China, return of the 90% tax bracket, removal of the $100K limit on social security, etc. etc. All those things have contributed to income inequality.

50. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2014, 21:59 jdreyer

BobBob wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:55:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:06:
The point is GG specifically and women's issues in general were not a big issue in this election. I listed five important issues to the electorate below in response to Bobbob. That wasn't among them. You're trying to imply a connection. I'm saying there isn't one (or at least the influence was minuscule), because those things are well down on most people's lists of issues.

Most likely you are 100% correct. I'll bet women issues will climb to the very top if Hillary runs in 2016.

BTW: Do you go to Balboa Park much? One of my favorite places in San Diego.

Historically, that's been the case. Dems, minorities, and younger voters turn out much more for presidential elections than off elections.

My cousin lives in Ocean Beach. I've been there a few times. Really nice. I live off the mainland, but have to fly into SoCal next week for business.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 6, 2014, 21:54 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 17:41:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 17:06:
Blackguards is on sale for 66% off. Anyone play it?

A friend of mine bought it at the same time I was playing through Divinity: Original Sins... Blackguard is lacking in a lot of ways, and ended up being pretty boring as we compared them side by side. It does its hex-based combat reasonably well, the story was terrible, and there are better RPGs and hex-based games out on the market currently.

Still, 13.59 isn't terrible, just our consensus was the game is mediocre at best. The demo put me to sleep, as far as hands on experience.

Nice synopsis. Thanks.

15. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 21:53 jdreyer

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 21:21:
Your better off barfing non stop and flushing 1000 dollars down the toilet with a bucket strapped to your head then buying a VR set.

Says the man who has yet to try OR DK2.

23. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 21:50 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 20:39:
At this point, I'm so tired of hearing about this game unless it's "Gone Gold".

And yet, here you are, posting.

22. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 21:49 jdreyer

PropheT wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 18:47:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 18:07:
How the hell does a universe expand, when it doesn't exist in the first place?

At the rate they're raising funding, it's going to expand by declaring its independence and becoming its own nation.

The annual revenue of Star Citizen exceeds the GDP of 37 actual nations.*

* Not intended to be a factual statement.

21. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 21:47 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 17:43:
Space hookers and a space brothel at 69 million.

Only if it includes Oculus Rift support.

13. Re: Into the Black Nov 6, 2014, 21:44 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 19:15:
I trust Disney with Star Wars a lot more than I trusted George Lucas, the fucking diva.

Disney's recent films have actually been pretty good. Tangled and Frozen were both pretty decent. Wreck-it Ralph is as close to perfection as you can get for an animated movie (the voice casting especially is sublime, but also the story and world building). And Disney has had pretty good success with their subsidiary Marvel, so they're probably the best choice for something like this, in all honesty.

11. Re: Into the Black Nov 6, 2014, 21:39 jdreyer

"The Force Awakens?" Haha, c'mon guys. What's the real name of the new Star Wars movie.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 6, 2014, 17:06 jdreyer

Blackguards is on sale for 66% off. Anyone play it?

4. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 16:55 jdreyer

Atomic wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:37:
Sounds like VR has found it's "killer app". I've never been real thrilled about using VR with an FPS, but this sounds pretty exciting.

Yeah, it seems like the best experiences will come with vehicle sims: E:D, DCS World, F1. I can't wait either. I passed on DK2 due to the screen door effect. I really want the real deal.

3. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 16:54 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:47:
Atomic wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:37:
Sounds like VR has found it's "killer app". I've never been real thrilled about using VR with an FPS, but this sounds pretty exciting.

Can't wait CV1 where are you

CV1 supposedly very limited beta in April 2015 with a full rollout in August.

1. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 16:51 jdreyer

I know I've said it before, but I find the willingness of people to continue funding it so fascinating. Yes, they're making steady progress, but I would have thought if you were going to get in you would have done it a year or two ago, not this week. Anyway, if you're one of the people throwing $100s at this game, I'd like to say "Thanks" for helping fund it. I'm really looking forward to when it's finished.  

46. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2014, 16:06 jdreyer

@Yeahyeah,

The point is GG specifically and women's issues in general were not a big issue in this election. I listed five important issues to the electorate below in response to Bobbob. That wasn't among them. You're trying to imply a connection. I'm saying there isn't one (or at least the influence was minuscule), because those things are well down on most people's lists of issues.

9813 Comments. 491 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo