Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 11909 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 8, 2015, 14:24 jdreyer

"Does eSports have a doping problem?"

Those DOTA champs from last year had about 30 pounds of extra muscle on them, so I'd say so.

Oh, wait.

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 8, 2015, 14:20 jdreyer

Bummer, I was looking forward to playing this. These guys screwed up by emphasizing multiplayer initially. They could have made funding if they'd simply tried and recreated the great Descent SP experience so many of us remember. They back-pedaled, but it was too little, too late.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Verdun This Month
2. Re: Verdun This Month Apr 8, 2015, 14:13 jdreyer

JayDeath wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 14:11:
The game looks awesome but I have a no early access rule when buying games so I'm excited for this one.

Came to post the same thing. I can't recall ever playing a WWI FPS ever. Cool setting, and it looks like they're really capturing the atmosphere of that conflict.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic
12. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic Apr 8, 2015, 13:56 jdreyer

The year is 2029,

Well, more like 2129, but okay. Was a pretty cool trailer.

I wonder what gameplay will look like, and what engine they're using.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed
19. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 8, 2015, 02:41 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 02:29:
Why would you announce an expansion a month before you release your game? Kind of shooting themselves in the foot with that one, those who are buying the game wont care one way or the other, but those on the fence will probably wait and see what the deal is and maybe wait for a later more complete or cheaper edition of the game. So in effect you are losing some sales with this shit. Puzzling...

Yeah, whereas most companies plan DLC, I also found this marketing announcement oddly timed. Perhaps they thought if people knew more development was forthcoming it would convince them to buy it?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 8, 2015, 01:34 jdreyer

I wasn't planning on funding it anyway (don't like Indiegogo's model), but I think the game looks like it has potential. I'll read the reviews when it comes out and make a decision.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed
36. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 8, 2015, 01:28 jdreyer

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 23:17:
Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 22:56:
walrus1 wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 21:13:
Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 20:13:
Another console ARPG-shooter? No thanks. Maybe when it hits the bargain bin.

It seems a lot like Human Revolution. This is a very good thing! You played it right? Cause the PC version didn't feel like a console port at all.

My only concern is the story ark doesn't seem to follow Human Revolution in a concise way. Although we will find that out for sure later.

The waist high cover? Obvious linear pathing? The Boss fights? What part didn't feel like a console game again? Even the story was pretty weak. I didn't hate it, but I'm definitely not a fan, so yeah, I can easily forgo this until the bargain bin.

I love how things like waist high cover, linear pathing and boss fights are somehow console-centric, even though they've existed in plenty of PC-exclusive games.

Also, DX:HR wasn't "obviously linear." Most areas were open-ended, offering multiple routes and solutions to any given quest. Boss fights were annoying but comprised maybe 1% of the entire game? The cover system was silly but completely optional. I played through the entire game without using it.

Although boss fights and linear pathing have been in PC-only games for decades, I believe the "cover shooter" is primarily a console invention that has rarely been seen on PC outside of console ports.

Live long, and prosper.

17. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 8, 2015, 01:22 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 21:39:
I don't begrudge them making paid expansions, but I honestly doubt that after playing the 200ish hours of Witcher 3, I'll be all that eager for even more content.

I always feel that way after every Elder Scrolls game.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2015, 21:15 jdreyer

descender wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 13:52:
Nearly everyone that runs a marathon does it in less than 6 hours. Mostly because they stop keeping official times at the 5-6 hour mark.

Well, yes, among people who train for them and enter such races. My best time is a 3:37. I meant him specifically.

Live long, and prosper.

11. Re: Gone Gold - The Witcher 3; Two Expansions Revealed Apr 7, 2015, 21:09 jdreyer

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 18:40:
I'll wait for the Extended/Director's Cut/Whatever The Fuck Else They Decide To Call It to go on sale for $15. How would we already have two expansions, complete with play times, if they weren't planned and cut from the full title? I'm sick of this shitty trend. A lot of the stuff I've been seeing of this game makes me less than confident it will be a quality PC release anyway. Too busy playing GTA 5 at the moment to listen. XD

This doesn't appear to be day one DLC, which could rightfully be seen as cutting off part of the original game to sell separately. This is them finishing the game and having the confidence in both it and the series to know it will sell enough to justify developing the world further. Long gone are the days where the first 3 months of sales determine whether or not DLC is made or not. Now it's always planned for whether they announce it or not. It's only really an issue if it affects the size/quality of the base game.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Star Citizen March Update
14. Re: Star Citizen March Update Apr 7, 2015, 20:56 jdreyer

crypto wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 18:10:
He must get paid UAE(?) for these posts, or he should cuz thats some top notch salesmanship right there.

Why would the United Arab Emirates pay him?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Star Citizen March Update
13. Re: Star Citizen March Update Apr 7, 2015, 20:53 jdreyer

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 17:50:
Nothing I've seen suggests the planetside content will be boring and unnecessary. In fact one of the videos CIG put out explained how they were implementing NPC events (i.e. a bandit might attack you or a shady character will offer you a mission) and allowing people the ability to sneak in weapons in order to make sure players are always on their toes. They recognised that locations like those shown are impressive at first but quickly blend into the background, so they'll be creating dynamic activities to create compelling experiences. Whether they'll deliver is another matter but they're certainly well aware of the mistakes of other games.

I picture it as being something like Skyrim, only a bit more interactive and with other players. As with most elements of the game players will be able to choose what to prioritise, so if you don't care for the planetside locations you can minimise your exposure to them.

The only thing that bothered me about the planetary stuff was that the landing sequence looked to be a non-interactive 2 minute cut scene. That's fine the first few times, but I hope that's skippable.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 7, 2015, 20:47 jdreyer

Let's just hope this guy is representative.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 7, 2015, 13:29 jdreyer

Welp, Dead or Alive 5 on PC Has Nudity Mods.

I really don't understand what Koei is thinking by trying to preempt attempts at nudity mods. It's a game of scantily clad women fighting. There's a breast jiggle meter for chrissakes. It was going to happen no matter what they said, but asking people not to do it is just fanning the flames.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 7, 2015, 13:23 jdreyer

Comcast Recruits Its Beneficiaries to Lobby for Time Warner Deal.

Beneficiaries are hookers and blow salesmen.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2015, 13:13 jdreyer

What did the iPad kill again?

Steve Jobs.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2015, 13:10 jdreyer

Fletch wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 10:37:
There are only THREE Star Wars movies, and I wouldn't exactly call that a marathon.

You can run a marathon in less than six hours?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video
13. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video Apr 7, 2015, 03:00 jdreyer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 00:31:
Bradley wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 20:37:
That dialog is horrible.

The dialog is very similar to what you'd find in the books.

Really? The books use "Yeah" and "Gotcha?"

Live long, and prosper.

10. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video Apr 6, 2015, 23:45 jdreyer

Bradley wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 20:37:
That dialog is horrible.

I noticed that too. Not only poorly written, but poorly directed as well.

Still it looks beautiful, and the action has a nice flow to it. The world looks expansive and lush.

Live long, and prosper.

9. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Video Apr 6, 2015, 23:44 jdreyer

harlock wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 23:22:
wow man... looks fucking sweet

kinda makes me think of GTA: Witcher tho

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Live long, and prosper.

11909 Comments. 596 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo