Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 8210 (Guru)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 21:40 jdreyer

Here's the thing. I switched from Sprint to T Mob at the end of last year and called Sprint to switch over. They spent about 30s trying retain me, and the girl was super polite about it. Then she proceeded to switch my phone over. Thing is, I'd consider going back to Sprint because I had a positive experience leaving them. There's something to be said for that.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 21:38 jdreyer

Darwin’s complete Galapagos library posted online.

Posted online legally? Given how much the media industries have twisted congress into extending copyrights back a hundred years or so it's hard to be sure if they're actually in the public domain or not.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2014, 21:35 jdreyer

I agree, the fine should have been more, and some prison time (although pound me in the ass is cruel and unusual punishment). They were threatening Aaron Swartz with 35 years, certainly they can get a couple of years for these jerks.

Or, I guess white collar crime actually does pay.

News Comments > GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because "It Sells"
5. Re: GRID Autosport Boost Pack Released, Because Jul 16, 2014, 21:29 jdreyer

Shorter Codemasters: "We cut our smack with Borax because people still buy it."

Assholes.

News Comments > Sims 2 Support Ending
8. Re: Sims 2 Support Ending Jul 16, 2014, 17:36 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 10:57:
Yeah that's surprisingly generous for EA.

They've been doing some free game giveaways lately. I'll admit it's mostly to drive people to Origin, but still.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Outlook CTRL F Jul 16, 2014, 17:33 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 16:53:
Creston wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 16:37:
Because it's Microsoft, and they're all a bunch of arrogant cockwaffles who think they know everything better.

Outlook is just moronic. Try finding the "insert URL" button. Then use it. It hasn't been changed since the days of AOL.

Seriously. Why can't I change the default font size on the reading pane? That's basic functionality! You have to buy a stupid third party add on to do that! That the stupid MS website even directs you to it!

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 16, 2014, 17:22 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 11:48:
Alien Isolation can be completed without killing anyone? Boycott the game immediately!

I didn't know there was anyone TO kill in the game. I thought it was just you and the alien.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 16:22 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 13:08:
Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:13:
Wonder what the cost will be on that new Tesla, still 50k at least I'd imagine.

Supposedly they're shooting for $35,000.00 USD which is almost reaching the realm of reasonable. I have no idea how Tesla holds its value or how much the maintenance is but cars in general are pretty terrible assets so I am loathe to spend more than 30k for anything brand new. The savings on fuel sounds very worthwhile but I'm weary of the electricity rates being jacked up as a result of any widespread adoption.

It will be decades before there are enough electric cars on the roads to affect electric rates. You'll have bought and sold your Tesla by then.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 16, 2014, 16:14 jdreyer

Noriega needs to be thankful he's even alive. Losing power usually doesn't end well for dictators. Just ask Saddam and Gadaffi.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 16, 2014, 16:10 jdreyer

Cheating on tests, snooping on roommates plusses.

Heh, that made me chuckle.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 15:53 jdreyer

@ Beam,

Yeah, that economy Steve stuff is spot on. This is the first generation predicted to have it worse than their parents since the founding of the country. And education is not the issue: kids today are a full grade earlier on English curriculum, and two grades earlier on math compared to kids in the 1970s. Hell, my sixth grade daughter is doing algebraic equations I didn't learn until 8th grade.

The reasons for the economic decline are many, but here are a few:
- The decline of unions, the result mostly of a long campaign by business to expunge them
- The move of jobs overseas without consequence to businesses that do so.
- Despite massive productivity increases over the past 30 years, average wages have not increased at all over that period once accounting for inflation.
- The greatest income inequality since the roaring twenties, and we know how that turned out. John Oliver even addressed it this week.
- Nearing peak resource for many critical raw materials, which drives up prices. These include fossil fuels, water, phosphorus, uranium, precious metals, seafood, and many others.

It's not hyperbole to say we're transitioning from a democracy to a corporate oligarchy. And it's hard to have hope when even the mildest of laws designed to prevent this are overturned by an aggressive, agenda setting conservative SCOTUS, and the conservative pro-business party has entrenched itself in government via gerrymandering despite having minority popularity nationwide.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2014, 13:49 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 03:59:
You're a weird guy, Ace. Weird guy.

Jester

News Comments > Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline
19. Re: Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline Jul 16, 2014, 13:44 jdreyer

REDUCING FREQUENCY OF EXPLOSIVES

Shorter gamers: keep your Michael Bay out of our Heat.

News Comments > Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline
18. Re: Community Suggested Changes for Battlefield Hardline Jul 16, 2014, 13:33 jdreyer

smackdaddy wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 11:19:
Kill it, this is the worst piece of crap game. Even the premise makes no sense. Cops need to bring money as evidence back to base, assault cars and copters that have mini guns on them, a city that has no civilians in it at all.

The new Rainbow 6 game doesn't make much sense either, but it does look fun. For the record, not interested at all in Hardline.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Jul 16, 2014, 04:16 jdreyer

Redmask wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 21:51:
I don't buy games at release anymore because they make too damned many of them. I can't finish the fucking things fast enough and now they want me to buy DLC?

What they WANT is the codes to your bank account. Barring that, they'll take your DLC money.

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Jul 16, 2014, 04:15 jdreyer

Prez wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 21:46:
DLC is the reason I don't buy games at release anymore.

Same here. I doubt I wil ever buy a game at release again. To be honest it isn't the ONLY reason (lack of time weighs in as well), but it is probably the biggest one.

Well, that, and the fact that you own something like 3000 games.

18. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 16, 2014, 04:04 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 21:36:
Bell called me today and you should have heard the guy trying to give me the hard sell. I said no thanks twice and he kept steamrolling right along like I didn't say anything so I just hung up. If they're going to be dicks, make them feel bad about it.

'Why am I cancelling my service, Bob? Because I'm leaving the country. Why? Because home invaders broke into my home and raped and murdered my wife and children, Bob. Are you fucking happy now, Bob? Can I cancel my fucking service now, Bob?!'

You know, that's really all you need. But to really sell it, you need to be able to cry on cue.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 16, 2014, 03:54 jdreyer

I dunno, I kind of liked it for what it was. I get the criticism, but they don't really bother me.  

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2014, 21:00 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 20:27:
Humble 2k Bundle was a mess. From the cost of Xcom and Bioshock Infinity, to linking to my Steam account via the spanish webpage.

A Spanish website? I've bought almost a couple dozen humble bundles at this point and never experienced that.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jul 15, 2014, 20:57 jdreyer

I could have sworn they were going to add Civ 5 to the bundle. Still, with OpenXCom just released, and OpenXCom TfdD under development, it's a good time to have the original XCom in your game stable.  

8210 Comments. 411 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo