Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 10496 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com
29. Re: LucasArts Wave II on GOG.com Jan 20, 2015, 19:18 jdreyer

Squirmer wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 16:42:
It's interesting how quickly these games have been released after Disney's buyout. I wonder which stubborn prick at Lucasfilm was resisting this for years and years.

Hmm, which fatty has been plugging up the spigot for all these years. Hmm, who could it be. WHO??

"Blue could have sold out years ago, gone mainstream and turned the site into a copy of every other gushing, ad infested cesspool of baitclicks. He chose not to and for that he has my thanks and utmost respect." - InBlack
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Jan 20, 2015, 13:43 jdreyer

LittleMe wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 12:33:
Oops - Avernum 2: Crystal Souls review is in here.

Yeah, it's the version burned permanently onto a ROM chip, so it qualifies as hardware.

"Blue could have sold out years ago, gone mainstream and turned the site into a copy of every other gushing, ad infested cesspool of baitclicks. He chose not to and for that he has my thanks and utmost respect." - InBlack

News Comments > Out of the Blue
62. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2015, 13:35 jdreyer

@ Duke.

Thanks for engaging. Since no one is going to change your mind, could you explain precisely why you don't want to get vaccinated? At this point I just want to understand. So far, I get this:

- You have just as much chance of getting sick vaccinated as unvaccinated, so what's the point.
- The immune system is all the protection anyone needs
- Herd immunity is just a theory, and I don't think it's true.
- Vaccines are scams run by Big Pharma and I am voting with my wallet not to support that
- Since we don't know all science yet, there's no point in making decisions based on science since theories can be overturned.
- Since incidence of disease is very low where I live, there's no point in getting vaccinated because I'll never get exposed.

Would you agree with those statements? Are there any others? Say, religious reasons or something else that hasn't come up yet?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2015, 13:06 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 12:16:
Zor wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 11:21:
because, EXPLOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIONS! *wicked air guitar*

I love Torque.

That said, the badassasaurus was just a stupid, stupid battle. No cover to hide behind, the thing zaps your health in roughly half a second with its megadeathlaserbreath thing, like everything in Borderlands it has 987 trillion health. Ugh.

I wonder when devs began to think that "let's make players slog against this thing for 45 minutes!" was actually fucking fun. Because I'd like to travel back in time to that exact moment and kick those fuckers in the balls.

I finally wound up beating the PoS boss by cheesing him from outside the arena. Took like 30 minutes too. Such fun...

Huh, haven't played that one yet, but I loved how the battle at the end of Tiny Tina went. The boss kept mutating into something different that required different tactics to kill. So yeah the battle was long, but it wasn't that boring since it was less repetitive.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2015, 13:00 jdreyer

Cool. I've long thought were I ever to develop a game, it would be one like this.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike Match Fixing Accusations
1. Re: Counter-Strike Match Fixing Accusations Jan 20, 2015, 12:56 jdreyer

Huh, what would the motivation be? Same as all sports fixing? Betting against the favor and get a big payout from Vegas since the odds were against the winner?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2015, 03:59 jdreyer

And of course by talking about Kim Dotcom, we missed the real story:

Missouri Latest To Let AT&T, CenturyLink Write State Telecom Law.

57. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2015, 03:15 jdreyer

Sepharo wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 23:54:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 23:15:
DukeFNukem wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 19:26:
Common sense is what the world had before Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492. Think about it.

Is all the profanity a sign of frustration of me not falling on my knees and joining your herd? I'm thinking...yes?

And what killed all the natives after Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492. Why that would be smallpox, because none of the natives had been vaccinated, so most of them died.

I'd be interested in hearing your responses to my arguments as well.

Haha, yeah that was an odd thing to say in light of the topic.
Hard to believe it's not trollin.

Edit: Kind of just hopping around reading bits and pieces, but this is gold!
you and all your buds here jumping on the "attack the anti-vax" wagon
A+ sir.

Heh. Yeah, I'm thinking that the fact that he skipped replying to my well-cited posts is that he really has no answer. I didn't really ever understand the exact reason why he didn't want to vaccinate. He's just got some notion he's embarrassed to admit, and wants to try to denigrate everyone else to prop up the decision in his own mind.

I'm reminded of a time a couple years ago when I was driving around one Sunday and I drove by a church. Right next to the church (this was in a strip mall) was a small bookstore called "The Truth Bookstore" which sold bibles and other religious materials. The only thing I could think of was how insecure they must be in their faith in order to feel the need to name the bookstore "The Truth."

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2015, 02:56 jdreyer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 23:34:
They aren't going after him cause he has no money left.

Well, he's got no money left because they've frozen all of his assets. "Well, you're innocent until proven guilty, but your money is guilty until proven innocent, then we'll give it back. Actually, we probably won't (see Civil Asset Forfeiture laws)."

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare "Reverse Boosting" Bans
19. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Jan 20, 2015, 02:52 jdreyer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 19:13:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 15:43:
Linksil wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 15:19:
Boosting would be faster then normal exp/rank gain. So i'd assume reverse boosting would be killing yourself so you go into a lower ranked game and then can dominate the less skilled players to get more exp faster(xp per kill+ bonus from streaks.) It prob has to do with how their ranking servers put people in match making.

Ah, thanks. I was trying to figure out what the motivation was. Not a huge competitive MP gamer.

Which would matter if player numbers were huge, but they never have been for this game. Just finding a game is hard.

/4,000 current players, the game averages 10k peak a day....that is garbage. It is pretty far down the list....

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

If you like DeathMatch (disgusting) then you will be fine, as 80-90% of that is vanilla deathmatch, a worthless gameplay style. If you are NOT a vanilla TDM player, the game is dead.

If you like to play a real game mode - or anything hardcore, then you are out of luck. Oh, and no CTF in Hardcore mode - WTF?

Good to see the Call of Duty games fall off of the PC playlist. AW never made the top 20 I do not believe. In fact Binding of Isaac and CoD came out same week and Isaac was always above it in numbers......

That's really odd though. I thought the whole pull of CoD was the multiplayer b/c the SP campaigns were so short and campy. Seems odd that the numbers would be so low when they've claimed so many sold. Is the disparity betw PC and console for that game so far?

55. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 23:15 jdreyer

DukeFNukem wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 19:26:
Common sense is what the world had before Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492. Think about it.

Is all the profanity a sign of frustration of me not falling on my knees and joining your herd? I'm thinking...yes?

And what killed all the natives after Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492. Why that would be smallpox, because none of the natives had been vaccinated, so most of them died.

I'd be interested in hearing your responses to my arguments as well.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Announced
25. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Announced Jan 19, 2015, 23:10 jdreyer

bigspender wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 21:34:
gameplay or GTFO

+1

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 19, 2015, 16:24 jdreyer

Can't really route for either side here. On the one hand, Kim was pretty blatantly taunting the MPAA and RIAA and making powerful enemies. If he'd kept his head down, and protested loudly that he was removing offending content, I can't help but think he wouldn't have been targeted. On the other, the US gov't has been going overboard in its charges and generally being the lackeys of the MPAA and RIAA.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 19, 2015, 15:54 jdreyer

Between this sniper rifle and the guided sniper munitions, I wonder if we'll see more sniper rifles and fewer automatic rifles in military units.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 19, 2015, 15:50 jdreyer

Investors Really Don't Like This New Wireless Competition Thing.

Less happy about all of this are investors, who for obvious reasons often prefer the healthy predictable returns of a less competitive market.

Yup, monopolies/duopolies give better returns because they rob consumers blind. One of the worst aspects of capitalism, which I otherwise generally like.

News Comments > Magnetic: Cage Closed Announced
2. Re: Magnetic: Cage Closed Announced Jan 19, 2015, 15:47 jdreyer

Yeah, cool. One to keep an eye on for sure. Have a feeling if these guys KS'd they'd get some good cash. Loved the HL2 grav gun, and of course, the Portal series. Sounds like they're also trying to randomize the levels a bit to allow for multiple unique playthroughs (unlike Portal where levels are static).  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare "Reverse Boosting" Bans
12. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Jan 19, 2015, 15:43 jdreyer

Linksil wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 15:19:
Boosting would be faster then normal exp/rank gain. So i'd assume reverse boosting would be killing yourself so you go into a lower ranked game and then can dominate the less skilled players to get more exp faster(xp per kill+ bonus from streaks.) It prob has to do with how their ranking servers put people in match making.

Ah, thanks. I was trying to figure out what the motivation was. Not a huge competitive MP gamer.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Starships Announced
19. Re: Sid Meier's Starships Announced Jan 19, 2015, 15:36 jdreyer

Without much else than this trailer, I'm getting a very "Civ in Space" vibe (like Galciv): multiple human settlements on a map expanding at the same time/rate you are, and you have to go out and find them.

Also a bit worrying is that this will simultaneously release for tablet. That's not a guarantee of oversimplicity, but it does suggest it.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 19, 2015, 15:02 jdreyer

I wonder if these people realize that their game sounds like "Pneumonia- Breath of Life"  

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
41. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 19, 2015, 06:10 jdreyer

Luke wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 18:28:
Just don't forget all you star Citizen pre buyer , but i guess thats another story........offcourse Rolleyes2

You might have noticed that RSI has been getting a lot of flack for not delivering on promises either...

10496 Comments. 525 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo