Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 11165 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2015, 13:10 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 12:19:
I have a few wall lights that are battery powered, they are spotlights for reading.

One won't shut off and when I mean that, I mean ever. The power button does nothing. I'll assume physically removing the batter will do the trick.

But I'm talking like 4 years now it has been on, the others I've replaced the batteries a couple/few times and I shut them off when done, as they'd probably only last a couple days being on non-stop.

However I have this one, not sure how the chemical reaction happened within it, but its a miracle. I now call it the Light that looks over me and is as good a sign as I need that everlasting light does exist.

Wha?

Can you post a pic, or a vid to youtube?

"The worst of it all is i used to ENJOY getting excited for big titles like this, but these publishers just keep ruining my love for this wonderful hobby with their endless fuckery." - Sempai
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2015, 13:02 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 09:41:
Dorthy didn't kill the witch, a house fell on her. It was an Act of God, so no one is liable in that case. And really, wasn't Glenda the one who was really evil? I mean she could have had Dorthy just click her heels together 3 times then and there. Why follow the dangerous yellow brick road at all? Because she had it set up so that a patsy would either kill her mortal enemy or take the fall instead of her. What kind of psychopath sends a little girl off to kill an evil tyrant who commands a legion of murderous servants in the first place? And how did she get her to do it? By lying to her and telling her to go see the wizard who really wasn't a wizard at all. No, Dorthy was the victim here and Glenda was the real evil in the land.

If you haven't read it yet, the book Wicked offers an alternative take on the Witch of the West casting her in a good light. It's a good read. Also, it has sex.

"The worst of it all is i used to ENJOY getting excited for big titles like this, but these publishers just keep ruining my love for this wonderful hobby with their endless fuckery." - Sempai

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2015, 12:48 jdreyer

Sony hack could have been avoided. According to one exec that was interviewed: "It will cost $10M to harden the servers, to prevent $1M in losses if we got hacked. So we're not going to harden the servers." This was after the first hack, apparently.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 24, 2015, 12:41 jdreyer

The reviews for The Order were pretty bad. That coupled with the game's short length, how could this thing have sold more than 100K copies (just to the idiots who bought the ad hype)? Being such a disaster, how could a sequel even be greenlit?  

News Comments > SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week
34. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 24, 2015, 12:27 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 07:46:
Slick wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 06:41:
Any FPS game could be converted, all you need is another independent "look" finction seperate from the mouse. Then mod the UI so it re-arranges itself out of the corners, so it can be seen while wearing a headset. that's it. it could be hard as fuck, it could be impossible, or it could be entirely plausible if there was a company that took the lead to corral everyone using the "right" standards such as a universal FOV/sensitivity: It should mimic head movements 1:1 as default, so that all muscle movements A) feel natural, immersive and demonstrate presence. and B) your skills will transfer from title to title as all movements will be the same.

AFIK Valve is already working with Oculus on an SDK for the Rift and (I assume) other VR devices. Im not sure what you are talking about, the decision to support the device is up to each game developer. You can't reverse engineer support for old games without the source code for each game.

If the games are moddable you can. I fully expect UI changes for Skyrim by some enterprising modder.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
15. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 12:22 jdreyer

nin wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 11:36:
I won't lie, there's the slightest bit of enjoyment as people wring their hands and wait.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

26. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 24, 2015, 01:32 jdreyer

I'll be watching the Steam VR with interest. I've played around with Google Cardboard on my 1080P Galaxy 5, and it's pretty good. However, I won't get a VR headset less than 1440P with a refresh rate of 90hz, 120 preferred. I was hoping to pick up OR CV1 this summer, but sound like that launch might be pushed.  

25. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 24, 2015, 01:30 jdreyer

BobBob wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 01:24:
kb/m?

With a Steam Button that opens the Steam App automatically and purchases the first thing in your wishlist!

9. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 23, 2015, 19:43 jdreyer

ForgedReality wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:16:
Half-Life 3 to be launch title.

...in 2137.

Not possible. Earth will already have been under the control of the Combine for more than 100 years by then.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer
9. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer Feb 23, 2015, 19:34 jdreyer

harlock wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 16:48:

its curious that you find trailers obnoxious, but are looking forward to watching someone else play the game on twitch

arent they both; watching someone else play the game?

Heh, that's true and too funny.

I get what he's saying about too many trailers though. It's oversaturation. I just skip them. I know what my excitement level is, and watching or not watching trailers isn't going to change that at this point, so why waste the time?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 19:26 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:15:
Most women just want to stay home and have kids when it comes down to it.
"Women? They're just a pair of ovaries."

You're such an ass sometimes.

7. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 23, 2015, 19:15 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:14:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:12:
Someone on this forum called it a few weeks ago that Steam would be debuting VR. Congrats to that person.

Was it Steam or was that the Nvidia 5 years in the making bit?

Derp, I think you're right. I usually look these things up. That's what I get for being lazy.

6. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 23, 2015, 19:15 jdreyer

Redmask wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 18:52:
Awesome, more stuff I will see once and probably never again.

Oh, you'll see it. Might just take a while though. Remember, everyone there works on "Valve time."

Honestly, I'm glad there's competition, and that Gabe is using his money for innovation rather than just hookers n blo. Some of these initiatives will probably fail, or may have already (Steam machines?). But I think that controller concept has promised, and I'll be glad if the OR isn't the only choice in VR hardware.

4. Re: SteamVR Hardware Reveal Next Week Feb 23, 2015, 19:12 jdreyer

Someone on this forum called it a few weeks ago that Steam would be debuting VR. Congrats to that person.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 23, 2015, 19:09 jdreyer

dubfanatic wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 19:04:
Apparently nobody's asked any of the women I work with. Junk article.

I know, right? Especially these stupid statistics:

A Harvard Business Review study from 2008 found that as many as 50% of women working in science, engineering and technology will, over time, leave because of hostile work environments.

Look, I work at a tech firm that has a higher than average number of both women and minorities, and half of our VPs are women. Still, our positive experiences doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2015, 19:00 jdreyer

reddit CEO Ellen Pao takes on former VC firm in gender discrimination case.

I'm getting bulk popcorn from Costco for this one.

Popcorn

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 23, 2015, 18:52 jdreyer

The world would be a poorer place without Matt and Trey in it.  

News Comments > NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit
54. Re: NVIDIA GTX 970 Lawsuit Feb 23, 2015, 18:46 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 17:49:
Yeah the market is really small for 4k right now. 1440P or Ultra-Wides is imo more where the high-end market is at right now. As for this, I have fun playing with nephew on this, he got a 970, so I rib him, even though in reality it is playing very well. But that is how boyz roll.

Yeah, I'm dying to get a 1440P Ultrawide. Just not for ten Bennies.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2015, 17:17 jdreyer

The Lego Movie not getting even a nomination was terrible. I saw 3 of the 5 nominees, and Lego Movie was their equal or better.

I guess it doesn't matter too much. Practically everything Lord and Miller do turns to gold. I've become a huge fan, and can't wait to see what these guys do next.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Feb 23, 2015, 17:12 jdreyer

Can't wait for CCG to review GoT.  

11165 Comments. 559 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo