Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 12671 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship
19. Re: Star Citizen Adds $400 Ship Jun 30, 2015, 20:36 jdreyer

*Whew*

I was worried that the funds might dry up.

I won't buy it, but I hope other people do. The more people spend on this game, the better it will be when I play it.

Live long, and prosper.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warships Bundle Resolution
1. Re: World of Warships Bundle Resolution Jun 30, 2015, 20:34 jdreyer

Really, it was a no brainer. You fucked up, you take the hit. It's not wasted money. You've bought good publicity.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2015, 14:01 jdreyer

descender wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 10:20:
The ability of the F-35 to "dogfight" is really irrelevant, it simply isn't designed to do it. Of course it failed to keep up with an F-16, a plane that was designed to dogfight a MiG.

The last official "confirmed" dogfight that I can find happened in 1991, most aerial combat now happens "beyond visual range" at distances of over 80 miles. This is the new war, face to face combat is going the way of the dinosaur.

That is not to excuse it from the clusterfuck of funding and technical problems it has had of course... It would literally have been cheaper to write every person who has worked on it a $1million check than to design this plane we really don't even need anymore. Good luck getting the breadbasket of this country (US) to stop building military hardware though lol... they'd all be out of work.

That's all good and fine until you are given an order to obtain a visual IFF before engaging. Or until Russian and Chinese stealth tech prevents BVR attacks. Etc.

- The brand new F-35 lost to a 40 year old design saddled with two external fuel tanks.
- The F-35 helmet is so bulky, the pilot couldn't turn his head to see if the F-16 was behind him.

The F-35 has so many design flaws being designed to do too many different roles. There should have been 3 different planes for 3 different roles: a stealthy air force fighter/bomber, a stealthy naval fighter/bomber, and a vtol/vstol fighter for the marines. Not even sure that last one is necessary. So many tradeoffs are required for vtol that it severely hampers the performance of the aircraft. The F-22 was expensive and a boondoggle as well, but at least it does what it's supposed to and very well too.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 30, 2015, 13:25 jdreyer

MS has been trying to imitate certain aspects of Apple for a while now, and owning the hardware is a big chunk of that.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
41. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 30, 2015, 13:11 jdreyer

I'd just like to be able to play a game I paid $60 for whenever I want, even if my internet is down, even if that's 20 years from now. Older BF games allow that. Newer ones, it's not certain.

Preventing cheating? BF 3 & 4 are rife with cheaters, so I'm not sure that trade off makes sense.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
35. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 30, 2015, 04:28 jdreyer

My point is that it doesn't matter that they shut down the BF42 servers. You still have a myriad of choices if you want to play: vs. bots alone, vs. bots coop, multiplayer over LAN, host your own server, etc. etc. The newer BF games don't allow any of those options. Once they shut off the servers, that's it basically.  

Live long, and prosper.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2015, 03:49 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 03:16:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 23:19:

Glad I'm not alone. SO many people LOVE the books, but they are so dull to me. PJ's movies, however, I love.

And no, it's not because I don't like books. Robert Jordan and GRRM are just so much better at pacing, even if they do draw out the length of the story.

Wow. I dont think Jordan (if he were still alive) or Martin would agree. But hey, opinions and all that...

Jordan died trying to finish his 'epic' and Martin will probably follow in his footsteps. So pacing...yeah..hmm...not sure I agree with you there.

I dig Tolkien's prose. That's probably the series I've read most in my life. Either that or Zelazny's Amber Chronicles.

The Balrog reached the bridge. Gandalf stood in the middle of the span, leaning on the staff in his left hand, but in his other hand Glamdring gleamed, cold and white. His enemy halted again, facing him, and the shadow about it reached out like two vast wings. It raised the whip, and the thongs whined and cracked. Fire came from its nostrils. But Gandalf stood firm.

'You cannot pass,' he said. The orcs stood still, and a dead silence fell. 'I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.'

The Balrog made no answer. The fire in it seemed to die, but the darkness grew. It stepped forward slowly onto the bridge, and suddenly it drew itself up to a great height, and its wings were spread from wall to wall; but still Gandalf could be seen, glimmering in the gloom; he seemed small, and altogether alone: grey and bent, like a wizened tree before the onset of a storm.

From out of the shadow a red sword leaped flaming.

Glamdring glittered white in answer.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2015, 04:13.

Live long, and prosper.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2015, 03:18 jdreyer

Retired wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 19:37:
Looking for a tablet to put movies on, and also strap to the back of a headrest for the kid to watch when on long trips. We used our laptop on the last trip, which was fine, but just doesn't work well.

Long story short, got iPhone 6+ (iiish), and was wondering if you guys had $200.00 in gift cards from that purchase, if you would get an ipad or get a cheaper non apple product that supports SD cards.

I really don't want to get another apple product, not happy about getting the phone.

I hate apple drm.

I hate Apple too. I've had a Samsung Galtab 2 10.1 I picked up 2.5 years ago. Despite getting daily use, it still will play movies for the entire length of a 6 hour flight. I've got a 64 GB micro SD card with dozens of movies and TV shows on it that I just dragged from my PC hard drive. I think I paid $180 for the tablet, but that was during black Friday sale I think.

I also have a ton of games on it: Minecraft (kids can play multiplayer if you've got a portable hotspot and another device), PvZ, Bad Piggies, Angry Birds Space, Monument Valley, Machinarium (wife's fav), Worms, Galcon, Crayon Physics, and OpenXcom.

I was skeptical of the device when I bought it, but it's proven its worth over the years, especially on trips. Recommended.

Looks like the 10.1 is going for $250 on Amazon. If that's too much, I got my daughter a 7" for Xmas that is $140, and nearly as good. Prefer the larger screen myself though.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2015, 03:26.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
35. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 30, 2015, 02:28 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 00:21:
Hyatus wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 23:38:
They should create a tabletop augmented reality version of the game. It seems like such an obvious extension of the technology. They wouldn't need to put much thought into it.

brilliant.

fuck you microsoft. you aren't throwing out the air freshener, you're throwing up the crumpled blueprints you found in the glovebox which is a secret treasure map which leads you to the ferarri factory.

I haven't played Scrolls, but "air freshener" didn't sound right. From what I've read, your analogy is much more appropriate.

And as someone mentioned, you've got an existing exploitable apparently well designed CCG that can be developed to challenge the giants of the genre and a closed platform on which to promote it. Why wouldn't you do that??

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: HEADLINES NOT JUST CLICKBAIT.... Jun 29, 2015, 21:19 jdreyer

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 20:33:
They're worried AI might have an incorruptible sense of justice.

You won't be laughing when Hal decides not to open the pod bay doors.

Skull

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 29, 2015, 21:18 jdreyer

Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 19:17:
Blue, seriously, is there anything I can do about this?! It's getting really annoying! Every time I move to the comments or from them, it happens. I can't be the only one. Please! You're (apparently) my only hope! Puppyeyes

=-Rigs-=

You've probably already run CCleaner?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
17. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 20:26 jdreyer

Julio wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 20:10:
So they've got VR, RTS, FPS going on for this one. Just needs DLC, Microtransactions, and be an MMO to get all the way there.

Don't forget the acronym MOBA and the journey to the dark side will be complete.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Jun 29, 2015, 19:12 jdreyer

Retired wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:14:
Started playing Batman AK for the PC today, and I don't have any of the issues others are/were having. Of course I am realistic about what I set everything to, but I played a couple hours with no issues. Luck?

Karma.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jun 29, 2015, 18:57 jdreyer

That's gotta be staged. Within a second of seeing the watermelon on the table, I could foresee what would happen.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
9. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 18:47 jdreyer

This is cool.

Strange how this came about though. Is this a response to the uproar the internet gave about '98 '99 BZ when the 80's remake was announced last week? Or is this something they planned all along and have had in development a while?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > DCS World 2 Stream
9. Re: DCS World 2 Stream Jun 29, 2015, 16:25 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:07:
Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:06:
InBlack wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 09:46:
If you like simming even one little bit. Take a looksee. It's worth it...

So people into the Sims would enjoy this?
Yes

I'm just glad they modeled Nevada. Then if I get shot down, I can take my standard issue six-shooter, get a horse, and play Red Dead Redemption. Cowboy

That looks seriously good. It's gonna rock in VR.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 29, 2015, 16:03 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 13:39:
And I suppose we're to believe that "heroes vs villains" will consist of a team full of Luke Skywalkers vs a team of Darth Vaders, because according to dumb gifs posted online the game only has "2 heros"

Probably has more than 2. Think it has 37 like Battlefront 2?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > EVE Online Slump?
12. Re: EVE Online Slump? Jun 29, 2015, 16:00 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 15:29:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 15:13:
I haven't actually played eve in 4 years but just continue training my main characters.

Want that 23 million skill points per year to keep going.

Just hit 144 million.. hopefully one day i'll get back into it.
So you actually paying the monthly sub but do not play the game just train your character?

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
41. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 15:54 jdreyer

Flatline wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 14:59:
KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 13:58:
I guess next on agenda will be "survival module" because thats whats hot now. Have star citizen ship crash on any random planet and then enable fps module as u learn to survive on the planet!

LOL

Just wait until they decide to integrate MOBA- You're in space controlling a cap ship (Only $4,999!) and have three "attack vectors" you can choose to go down...

So, Vanduul raider mobs will travel down one of three starLANES and you'll have to proceed with your capital ship up the starlane defeating spacetowers until you get to the mother ship and destroy her?

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
40. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 15:51 jdreyer

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 14:27:
KilrathiAce wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 13:58:
I guess next on agenda will be "survival module" because thats whats hot now. Have star citizen ship crash on any random planet and then enable fps module as u learn to survive on the planet!

LOL
A zombie-infested planet.

With crafting. And pimped out hackers that gank you every five minutes so you have to restart.

Live long, and prosper.

12671 Comments. 634 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo