Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 11165 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 28, 2015, 01:39 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 23:17:
It should be Tim and Peter so they can blow it off at the last minute together.

Hey, hey, hey now. They're better than that. They wouldn't blow it off. They'd leave halfway through, claiming they ran out of funding.

"The worst of it all is i used to ENJOY getting excited for big titles like this, but these publishers just keep ruining my love for this wonderful hobby with their endless fuckery." - Sempai
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Feb 28, 2015, 01:38 jdreyer

nin wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 21:59:
Noticed a new game on steam...

"how do you Do It?" puts players in the role of an 11-year-old girl whose mother has just stepped out for an errand. The girl immediately grabs her dolls and furtively attempts to figure out how sex works using these plastic surrogates.

WTF?

edit: LOL

Popular user-defined tags for this product:
Free to Play, Indie, Horror

Reviews are a riot as well.

It's a shame you can't gift F2P games, or Bats would be getting gifted a copy right now.

I think this is all you needed to know?

It was made in 3 days at Global Game Jam in New York City during 2014.

"The worst of it all is i used to ENJOY getting excited for big titles like this, but these publishers just keep ruining my love for this wonderful hobby with their endless fuckery." - Sempai

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Feb 28, 2015, 01:37 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 00:21:
It's called "Life". It's free to play, but absolutely pay to win. I wouldn't recommend it.

You win the internet for today. Well played sir!

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming
18. Re: Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming Feb 28, 2015, 01:23 jdreyer

Jerykk wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 22:51:
While this is cool, they really should have addressed some of the balancing issues by now. Assault Rifles are blatantly OP compared to all the other weapons and if you build a party where everyone is skilled with assault rifles, the game is cakewalk. Conversely, if your team consists of pistol, SMG or heavy weapon experts, you're basically screwed.

Reflects real life?

Not that that makes for a fun game.

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
150. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 22:35 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 21:42:
descender wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 18:15:
It doesn't matter if there is a (R) or a (D) before your politician's name, they are ALL corporate shills.

Truth... but at least the Dems have the decency to lie about it and hide it.

no it's not true. and people who parrot this garbage need to get educated instead of just squawking whatever the edgy comment of the day is.

by and large democrats are very very different from republicans. really. it's not "ooh everyone's corrupt so WHO CARES BLAH"

that thinking just makes people pay even LESS attention to what's really going on. you wonder why there's such a low voter turnout in the USA? because you fucking hipsters are all too cool for politics. politics has been made uncool so many times that people have convinced themselves that any choice they have is just an illusion, as both parties are the SAME THING.

pathetic.

you have a vote in the USA, the country whos policies extend to affect EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON EARTH. you have this SACRED right. and you just trivialize it as: "it's john jackson, or jack johnson, they're the same on both sides! DUUURP!"

It's complex. Both Repubs and Dems rely on corporate contributions more and more each year, esp after Citizens United. That influences their voting. And empirically that money influences policy:
"The central point that emerges from our research is that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on U.S. government policy," they write, "while mass-based interest groups and average citizens have little or no independent influence."

While I agree that the false equivalencies of "both sides do it" is wrong, it absolutely prevents anything beyond nibbling around the edges. The parties are different, and care about different things, but can't effect change unless it lines up with what business wants. Some examples:

- 95% of Americans approve background checks before making a gun purchase. LOEs approve overwhelmingly. Yet we can't get that law passed because gun businesses oppose it.
- The only way the ACA got passed was by getting the support of the insurance industry and wall street by adding millions to the rolls of private insurance.
- The reason this law went against the ISPs is due to opposition by massive corporations: Microsoft, Google, Apple, Yahoo, Amazon, Netflix, etc. Coincidentally, it helped the common people too, but make no mistake this was a battle of Goliaths, and we were just ants.

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
149. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 27, 2015, 22:25 jdreyer

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 18:41:
I don't trust the government to not screw this up. They need to keep their hands off it.

Because monopolies and duopolies definitely have the best interest of VGReagle at heart.

News Comments > Op Ed
59. Re: Op Ed Feb 27, 2015, 22:21 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 22:02:
Now I have dirty images in my mind, thanks.. YOU. ;p I had to laugh either way, very funny comment by Sarkesian. She should revisit her biology classes though.... seems like she skipped the important parts

When I read that comment, I thought, "She's overreaching. Those aren't really comparable." That being said, I think her list raises some good points in general. I don't disagree with most of these. I appreciated how the women soldiers were done in XCom:EU, just like the male soldiers. You're going to have your DoAs regardless.

- Avoid the Smurfette principle (don't have just one female character in an ensemble cast, let alone one whose personality is more or less "girl" or "woman.")
- "Lingerie is not armor" (Dress female characters as something other than sex objects.)
- Have female characters of various body types
- Don't over-emphasize female characters' rear ends, not any more than you would the average male character's.
- Include more female characters of color.
- Animate female characters to move the way normal women, soldiers or athletes would move.
- Record female character voiceover so that pain sounds painful, not orgasmic
- Include female enemies, but don't sexualize those enemies

News Comments > Op Ed
58. Re: Op Ed Feb 27, 2015, 22:14 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 18:29:
And if these people are so incensed why don't they go after the serial offenders who have been doing this for decades? Booze/cars/TV/Movies? Especially booze and cars. Ever see a beer ad where a chick isn't portrayed as some cheap dumb slut?

Sark already did a whole six part series of tropes against women in TV and movies like 3-4 years ago.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
61. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 22:12 jdreyer

descender wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 18:26:
JD that article was barely worth the time it took to read it. Head to the middle of nowhere when zombie outbreak happens... wow... brilliant! :p

I'm a little disappointed that once they got down to figuring out the centralized outbreak rather than "everywhere at once" they didn't conclude that the outbreak would basically stop after a few hundred miles as soon as travel restrictions went into place (NDT touched on this in a Daily Show interview IIRC).

Yeah, I was just kidding actually. I got to the part where it said "head to the hills," and was like "DUH." Still, if you've got no hills to get to, Costco is still a good backup option.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Feb 27, 2015, 22:10 jdreyer

Frijoles wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 21:09:
Since they can't decide who owns it, sounds like we're all clear to pirate the hell out of it. I bet re-releasing it would get someone to find the paperwork.

I despise piracy in general, but it's hard to argue. There's practically no other way to get the game.

News Comments > Train Fever Free DLC
2. Re: Train Fever Free DLC Feb 27, 2015, 22:08 jdreyer

I don't know why but "Train Fever" made me think of this video of Soul Train put to Daft Punk. Especially midway through when all the dancers come down the line. The dress, the moves, man, I doubt we'll ever see a show like that in our lifetimes.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming
9. Re: Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming Feb 27, 2015, 21:59 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 19:23:
So are the visual improvements white and gold or black and blue?

Depends on your skill level. Good players get white and gold. Bad players get black and blue. Punch

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 27, 2015, 21:56 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 19:34:
Social Justice Warriors expresses frustration with how people use divisive labels – like “SJW” and “troll” – to discredit and silence each other. No matter what social values you have, attacking and ridiculing other people not only fails to achieve progress but has an additional effect of escalating the conflict while exhausting your patience and eroding your reputation.

Wow, that gem is right up there with 'war never solves anything'. Who wants to live in a world where everyone holds hands and sings Kumbaya all day long? Why don't they see if they can get people in public places can achieve some modicum of situational awareness and grasp the fact that the world doesn't revolve around them. Fix that then you can come talk to me about "labels". Most people are just no damn good. We're a deeply flawed and atavistic species. And all the feel good PC bullshit in the world won't change that.

Sooooooo, how does it play?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 27, 2015, 20:06 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 19:42:
Ahhh, money trumps morals almost every time.

Not sure what you mean? Google doesn't make any money on adult blogs, so keeping them open is a loss for them.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 27, 2015, 20:05 jdreyer

Vandalism in Arizona Shut Down Internet, Cellphone, Telephone Service Across State.

So the internet was designed to survive a nuclear war, but not vandalism?

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 27, 2015, 20:04 jdreyer

That tweet. He knew, man. He knew.

NSA, if you're listening: PLEASE ACTIVATE THE GENESIS DEVICE IMMEDIATELY TO SAVE MR. NIMOY.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 27, 2015, 20:02 jdreyer

I agree. Not sure where my discs are. Might have to break this one out and play it again, even though I'm in the middle of another game from 15 years ago: Homeworld.  

54. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 18:16 jdreyer

All this talk of a dress.

Does no one wish to speak of the statistical mechanics that reveal the ideal hideout in an actual zombie apocalypse???

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Feb 27, 2015, 18:00 jdreyer

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 17:32:
"She doesn't buy it, pointing out that it's common to, say, see female characters' breasts jiggle and rare to see male characters' penises do the same."

Yes, because a penis is comparable to breasts

Do they make this kind of idiocy in universities nowadays?

Hey, there were penis physics in Watchmen. So it's all good.

45. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 16:36 jdreyer

Gritty Power Rangers reboot pulled off Youtube. Copyright violation claimed. I thought it was fair use: " any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and 'transformative' purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work."

There is very little Power Rangers stuff in it, and was it not a parody with all that over the top violence vs. the G-rated original?

11165 Comments. 559 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo