Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 12886 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2015, 22:10 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 20:51:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 18:46:
Everyone talking about how they're better than the shriveled pansy-men who don't shoot

Dreaming of some type of civilization breakdown. But reality will be they will die in a bed of old age hanging on to their last breath. This happened recently and from reports I've heard this man wasn't arrested. He's lucky he's not black or he would have been shot.

Hand on gun AND an AK on the other shoulder.

http://i.imgur.com/knFLjw1.jpg

This analysis by statistician Nate Silver says it all:

• For whites in America, murder rates are comparable to Finland.

• For blacks in America, murder rates are comparable to Rwanda.

• Blacks have a nearly 8 times greater chance of being murdered than whites.

Live long, and prosper.
    Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2015, 15:58 jdreyer

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 13:47:
    I liked TRON but I can also see where a lot of people wouldn't get it or like it on their own.

I enjoyed Tron Legacy, and my kids really did. My son grabs the frisbees often asking to "Play Tron." Bummer there won't be another. So much potential for creativity.

Live long, and prosper.

10. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Aug 2, 2015, 15:57 jdreyer

Bitterbug wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 15:03:
    Most snakes I've had is 26.
    Knew a fellow who averaged about 600 in his apartment, and at breeding time, 6000.
    His super announced a surprise inspection during hatching season one year and he had to move the whole thing up two flights to a friends place
    edit: typo fixed

Yeah, always had a snake in the pet mix growing up. Had a ball python for many years, and they're the coolest things, used to being handled and cuddling up to your warmth. And so smooth and muscular to the touch, they are magnificent creatures.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
    1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Aug 2, 2015, 15:54 jdreyer

Are they called Youtube and Spotify?  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
    1. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 2, 2015, 15:53 jdreyer

I haven't KS'd anything in a long time, but I'll make an exception for this one.

If this makes millions, maybe it will inspire someone to make a proper Mechwarrior sequel, with moddable mechs and single player campaign.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Op Ed
    6. Re: Op Ed Aug 2, 2015, 15:49 jdreyer

Not the first place one would expect to see this editorial.

Well, Jesus is all about the military.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > On Sale
    12. Re: On Sale Aug 2, 2015, 15:40 jdreyer

Thanks for all the feedback. Sound like a waste of money, even at $5 or so.  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > On Sale
    6. Re: On Sale Aug 2, 2015, 14:35 jdreyer

Isn't this the game where at first they were doing all these Unreal Tournament style "headshot" announcements and stuff? But then I thought they got so much negative feedback that they removed it all?

Also, are there patches out there that "fix" what's overly consoly about this game?

Live long, and prosper.

52. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2015, 15:56 jdreyer

Also, I suggest a KS or a Patreon for the site refresh.  

Live long, and prosper.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2015, 15:42 jdreyer

Happy birthday MTV

Money for nuthin' and your chicks for free?

Live long, and prosper.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2015, 15:41 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 12:57:
    Rowdy Roddy Piper died? Damn, They Live is one of my favorite movies all time, and he was great in that. He was also pretty damned awesome in his few appearances on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia... an underrated actor for sure. I have never been into pro wrestling but I always respected their athletic ability. It must be a ton of damage to the body though.

*EDIT* Typo.

We lost Dusty Rhodes a couple months ago too. Seems that wrestlers pass on younger than average, sadly.

There have been a lot of the more famous ones that have died young: Randy Savage, Andy "Test" Martin, Ravishing Rick Rude, Junkyard Dog, Brian Adams of Demolition, Chris Benoit, and a whole lot of others. As someone mentioned between the rigors of the performance and all the drugs they do to add muscle, it takes a toll.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 2015, 15:52.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
    1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 1, 2015, 15:34 jdreyer

I love the order of these two sections on the Blues homepage:

Saturday Legal Briefs

• Mt. Gox head arrested over loss of 650,000 bitcoins.

• Game Reviews

• The Swindle on PCGamesN.
  •  

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
    1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 31, 2015, 21:41 jdreyer

Windows 10 upgrade resets your default browser to Edge; Mozilla is very unhappy.

Heh, that's small potatoes compared to what they'd do a decade ago.

Live long, and prosper.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 14:46 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 14:02:
    Zimbabwe wants US to extradite Palmer for killing Cecil

Good stuff. Get his ass on a plane already!

And just because it was interesting and I did not know this about most of these athletes.

10 Athletes You Didnít Know Are Vegetarian or Vegan

And some general NFL news as pre-season is almost upon us! Just over a month until teh regular footballs season is upon us! Yay!

NFL News

Venus went vegan due to an autoimmune illness, and Serena did the same in support of her sister. Wonder what she's eating to build these guns. Probably a ton of legumes, nuts, seeds, and tofu?

Live long, and prosper.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 13:24 jdreyer

Things I check or click on most on the left nav menu:
    - Popular Threads
    - Discussion Forums
    - Submit News
    - User Settings

Also, I've increased the default text size on my 1080P Galaxy 4 to read Blues, and while the text scales, the post titles do not. Just something to consider while you're implementing a semi-responsive design.

Lastly, a lot of websites will keep their left nav, but if someone increases the text size enough, the left nav will be pushed to the bottom, so it's still usable and accessible on a phone.

Live long, and prosper.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2015, 13:17 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 11:16:
    Picked up Cities: Skylines last night. Has anyone played it? What do you think?

Star Citizen is better.

Live long, and prosper.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 21:20 jdreyer

Julio wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 19:56:
    Krowen wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 16:17:
    blah...blah...blah...we can't murder everyone responsible unless you want to revert evolution entirely.

If being evolved means shooting, letting an animal suffer, beheading and skinning animals for fun...then we're not evolved at all. It would be an evolution to give the dentist the exact same penalty that he inflicted. And it would stop this type of thing going on next time.

But some people are too soft for that.

I don't believe in capital punishment, but I agree that the penalties for killing any animal unnecessarily are far too lenient. Penalties need to be much closer to manslaughter IMO.

Also, trophy hunting in general needs to be prohibited worldwide, with vast swaths of megafauna put on the no-kill list.

Live long, and prosper.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 21:16 jdreyer

Blue wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 15:24:
    Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 15:10:
    I had an iguana for many years and it was very friendly. It came when I called it and would climb up onto my shoulder. It would also lay on my while I sat on the couch. They can be very good pets when raised properly.

Here's a lizard that's very friendly.

I don't blame Buddy. He belongs to a young man who was just a little kid when they got him, and afraid to pick him up, so Buddy never got used to being handled. If he was, I'm not sure he'd have let me pick him up, but I doubt he would have been so determined to bite me.

We have geckos where I live. If you catch them, they bite with their little toothless mouths. It tickles. The geckos are great by the way. Eat bugs by the ton.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Rocket League Sells 5M; DLC Next Month; Patch Plans
    15. Re: Rocket League Sells 5M; DLC Next Month; Patch Plans Jul 30, 2015, 20:55 jdreyer

toT wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 20:34:
    Yeah, this game is fun, intense, and addictive. The aforementioned 5 minute game length also makes it a good game to hop in and out of if your time is limited. It is just a matter of whether you have the willpower to quit after one game. Or two, or three, etc. There have been multiple times when I have turned on the PS4 intending to play something else, decide to have a quick game of RL first, and never end up playing the game I originally meant to play.

Also, I read a quote somewhere from the developers about the PS+ deal. They had no intention of having it show up on PS+. Sony came to them with an offer and they turned it down. Soon after that, Sony came back with "an offer we couldn't refuse." Developers are paid per download for PS+ titles, so I imagine they are getting good money from this, plus it got their game in front of millions of gamers that may not have given it a chance if it wasn't free. I am one of those people. I wouldn't have paid $20 for it before I played it, but now that I have, I feel it is a good value at that price point. I plan on throwing 4 bucks at them for the DLC just to further support the developers, and I am sure many other PS+ users will feel the same way.

Allen 'Pyroman' Cook of the GWJ podcast, who already owned the PC version of RL, bought a PS4 so he could DL the free RL and play with his PS4 friends. I'm sure he wasn't the only one. Sony is probably paying a fortune for it, but it's paying dividends.

Live long, and prosper.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
    2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 18:45 jdreyer

5 Reasons I Lost $9,000 On An iPhone Game.

Here's the TL;DR version.
    1. I'm an idiot.
    2. I'm an idiot.
    3. I'm an idiot.
    4. I'm an idiot.
    5. I'm a stupid idiot.

Live long, and prosper.

12886 Comments. 645 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo