Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 9521 (Guru)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancelled
32. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 20:58 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:45:
genuinely crushed by this, PREY to me is one of the top 5 classic FPS singpleplayer games. crazy story, great visuals, great puzzles, great new guns, great new mechanics.

if anything it was a hard act to follow. just thinking about it makes me want to reinstall it.

Yeah, I liked it too. It was pretty inventive, made before a time when FPS meant "COD or BF"

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 31, 2014, 20:49 jdreyer

Okay, THAT was awesome. I'd picked up a bunch of those references, but nowhere near all of them. And the way he ties it all together in the end, I'd never considered that. Nice thesis.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 31, 2014, 20:26 jdreyer

Study: Broadband Still Slower, More Expensive In U.S. Than In Europe, Asia

They write that as if there was an attempt to catch up to Europe and Asia. There hasn't been.

News Comments > Return of the Shadow of the Eternals
1. Re: Return of the Shadow of the Eternals Oct 31, 2014, 19:20 jdreyer

He is nothing if not persistent.  

News Comments > Trove Open Beta Next Week
2. Re: Trove Open Beta Next Week Oct 31, 2014, 16:27 jdreyer

Yeah interested in checking this out with the kids.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 31, 2014, 16:26 jdreyer

Also it was probably hurt slightly by all of those negative greenpeace reviews.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2014, 16:23 jdreyer

Wrong thread.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 31, 2014, 16:19 jdreyer

I agree with Flatline. Read only DVD most secure.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2014, 13:17 jdreyer

Blue, do you have a sweet tooth? You're so thin looking in your pics despite your love of all things grilled, that I figured you were more of a savory and salt man than a sweet man.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 31, 2014, 13:16 jdreyer

I dunno, if it was a frame job, wouldn't they have just used ch1ld pr0n? That would be a much easier slam dunk.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2014, 13:12 jdreyer

The plan now under consideration would separate broadband into two distinct services: a retail one, in which consumers would pay broadband providers for Internet access; and a back-end one, in which broadband providers serve as the conduit for websites to distribute content. The FCC would then classify the back-end service as a common carrier, giving the agency the ability to police any deals between content companies and broadband providers.

So this helps corporations like Netflix from not being raked over the coals, but does nothing for your average consumer.

News Comments > Prey 2 Cancelled
16. Re: Prey 2 Cancelled Oct 31, 2014, 13:07 jdreyer

Maybe the devs who worked on it will leak it on BT. Would be pretty big torrent though.  

News Comments > Evolve Big Alpha Underway
1. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 13:04 jdreyer

Anyone playing this? Any good? Is it multiplayer only? Or are there bots?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
36. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 31, 2014, 06:56 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 04:21:
Hey wtf? 35. posts in and no one noticed the blatant hypocrisy in that statement? The guy asks himself what he can give to other people and he is the CEO of one of the biggest tech companies in the world! How bout CHEAPER PRODUCTS asshole! How bout you bring back some of and reinvest some of those offshore trillions that Apple has been stashing in offshore banks around the world?? How bout you stop massproducing electronic products in thrid world countries where there is no such thing as human rights that allowed you to rise to the position of CEO of Apple desipite being a gay man, where child labour is not unheard of even in YOUR OWN FACTORIES!!! Fine, great you're an openly gay man. Good for you. Don't fucking pretend you are a paragon of world peace and justice because as CEO of Apple (or any other corp for that matter) you will only come accross as a fucking hypocrite.

Gay or not, Apple didn't get where they are by playing nice, or even by the rules. Think Cook, who came up through the ranks over decades, is going to change that?

News Comments > etc., etc.
25. Re: etc., etc. Oct 31, 2014, 06:52 jdreyer

No matter how right you are, it doesn't matter. Squirmer is right. You lost. Anita played the game better than you did. She "won" even if her fairly radical agenda is too extreme for most people. She became the spokesperson fighting against sexism in gaming, an industry with revenues in the 10s of billions. The mainstream media picked it up, and her along with it. This week: NYTimes, Colbert. Next week: Charlie Rose? CNN? And who do you have? Angry Joe? Yahtzee? No matter how you look at it, it's a total disaster.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2014, 22:38 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:30:
man fuck the giants. probably the worst team to win the world series ever. i'm pretty sure if they played a 7 game series against every other world series winning team, they'd lose every single one. just rode some ridiculous luck and out-of-their-mind hot streaks to another title. i cannot believe every team they played couldn't bash the living shit out of hudson/vogelsong/whoever else. the NL west beat the stuffing out of those guys. bumgarner is legit, but they should've been hammered when he wasn't pitching.

Aren't you a Cali guy? I thought you'd want them to win.

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
14. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 30, 2014, 21:30 jdreyer

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:26:
Wallshadows wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 18:22:
The Zero Punctuation review totally stripped all interest I had in this game. Still though, good on them for providing what is now an uncommon practice.

Yahtzee is the last person I would trust when it comes to giving an unbiased and fair review.

Actually, for this style of game, I would trust him. Among his favorite games are horror or horror-themed games like Silent Hill 2, System Shock 2, and Painkiller. And he just gave Alien Isolation a good review. Admittedly, for other genres he can be pretty eclectic.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Oct 30, 2014, 20:58 jdreyer

Anyone play Vanishing of Ethan Carter? How many hours of game play? I enjoyed Gone Home, and this seems similar, but these games are single play through so gotta factor bang for the buck.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Oct 30, 2014, 20:52 jdreyer

New Feminism; Old Moralism.

Even though both Twitter and the NYTimes are online, the difference between the tone of the two is pretty stark. The NYT op-ed is couched for a general audience, while the tweets are directed toward the choir. It's hard not to think that those caustic tweets are much closer to her actual beliefs. If so, what's her end game? What is she hoping to accomplish? I'm struggling to understand.

I thought what Andrew wrote was interesting:
My view is that there are certain aspects of testosterone that will always make men and male culture different: it’s gonna be inherently more aggressive, more physical, and more sexual in an objectifying way, and more promiscuous. The task of a mature society is not to abolish this difference (which is impossible), but to harness it to more constructive ends.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 30, 2014, 20:40 jdreyer

Hmm, not sure how that would apply here in the USA. If I take pictures of people and put them online without their consent, can they sue me?

There was a case recently where some guy took photos of women's crotches who sat at the Lincoln memorial, but won his case b/c he wasn't looking up their skirts, the women were sitting with their crotches showing of their own volition, so he took pics of them. Found not guilty:

“This Court finds that no individual clothed and positioned in such a manner in a public area in broad daylight in the presence of countless other individuals could have a reasonable expectation of privacy,” wrote D.C. Superior Court Judge Juliet McKenna in her ruling

So maybe this woman would have no case in the US? Although that guy didn't put the photos up on the internet either.

9521 Comments. 477 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo