Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jonah Dreyer

Real Name Jonah Dreyer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jdreyer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description IT Professional
Intel Core i5 @3.6 GHz
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 2GB
8 GB PC2100 RAM
Windows 7
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2004, 08:44
Total Comments 10461 (Ninja)
User ID 22024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 25, 2015, 15:22 jdreyer

No need for speed: Cable industry opposes 25Mbps broadband definition.

"Why are you making us invest in infrastructure when our current monopoly/collusion system is making us 90% returns?" Bigcry

"phew. Was going to have nin get out of the van and go knock on the door...." - Bats
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 15:16 jdreyer

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 12:09:
I bought H1Z1 because I was so desperate to play a DayZ game that didn't have an atrocious interface. The game is much smoother, but the only thing there is to do is walk around and open empty container after empty container. I've looted well over 500+ things, and all I have to show for it is a couple pair of goggles.

How frickin hard is it to make this type of game that doesn't suck?! Every other genre has games that don't suck, but this genre can't manage a single one.

Well, there's a place to find all the things you could ever want! The Microtransaction store! Just order an airdrop, be the first one there, and voila! Tons of items!

"phew. Was going to have nin get out of the van and go knock on the door...." - Bats

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
13. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 25, 2015, 03:15 jdreyer

Redmask wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 01:10:
It would be nice if we could filter headlines or customize things like how it is on reddit. It's not a huge deal but the constant bombardment of these headlines is getting old.

Reddit has a team of programmers. Blue's is a one-man show.

You could just skip them, but for Blue they're a money maker since they attract a lot of attention.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Measles Jan 24, 2015, 19:38 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 18:09:
A measles outbreak in Disneyland, good work, anti-vaccination idiots. How embarassing, to humanity as a whole, that these CURED diseases are coming back so strongly now. It's going to take a bunch of kids getting paralyzed in the US by polio before this shit stops.

We had a lively discussion a few days ago when this broke.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 24, 2015, 18:06 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 17:42:
B) Faking rape/death threats for fun and profit is disgusting. If you actually believe for a second they're real I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you cheap.

I know the police (or FBI?) was investigating. Did we hear definitively one way or the other?

Regardless, what this guy did was douchey.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch
8. Re: Star Citizen at $70M; New Arena Commander Patch Jan 24, 2015, 17:51 jdreyer

What a weird world we live in where customers themselves fund games before they're even made.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced
17. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 15:58 jdreyer

Guildcraft 2: Heart of the Thorn

Hmm, why does that seem so familiar?

16. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 15:56 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:47:
Ugh, not jungles. Never cared for that setting. Hated it in Diablo 2 and WoW. And no new races or classes?!?!?!

Yup, can't see shit in the jungle. Give me a nice vegetation-free desert environment and a Barrett .50 with a 12x scope. POW! Rifle

Wait, uh, something's not quite right here...

15. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Expansion Announced Jan 24, 2015, 15:53 jdreyer

Axis wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:42:
jacobvandy wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 15:39:
A 'whale' is the heart of the microtransaction business. The top 5% of spenders that support the other 95% of free-loading or small-time-spending players in a free-to-play or buy-to-play environment... I am shocked you're not familiar with that term.

Interesting, I did not know that - thanks for the explanation. *shuffles it into memory*

It just means you don't pay much attention to the F2P market. Which is a good thing!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2015, 15:38 jdreyer

This guy put his laptop on the balcony and plays from inside because it overheats.

Alternatively, he could just clean the damn thing.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 24, 2015, 15:08 jdreyer

Anita Sarkeesian Releases Kickstarter Breakdown, Raised $440,000 In 2014.

Good work if you can get it. Except for the rape threats, that is.

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
8. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 14:52 jdreyer

Dagnamit wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 14:25:
I really like DayZ. Despite what you hear it's quite playable and has been for some time, IF you know you're getting into. The game is janky and buggy as hell. The PvE component is half-baked at best. The graphics engine sucks (why didn't they just use ARMA 3?) and it's rampant with hacks. All of those things are true.

This is the thing that boggles my mind the most. These guys have made literally 10s of millions of dollars, and it seems the game has made little progress since it was released. With that amount of money, you can afford to go out and hire people to fix the problems. It's almost as if they're saying "Why bother? People keep buying it as is."

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
14. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 24, 2015, 05:08 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 00:41:
And my point was I don't have that hang up that you do!

Geh. Just toss out your desktop and get a laptop already.

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
17. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 24, 2015, 00:12 jdreyer

Axis wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 15:56:
Most games don't come close to utilizing 2g of card memory. Statistically, about 85% of "pc gamers" systems only have 4-8g ram and a 1-2 GB card, barely 4% run 4GB vram. My 760 from over a year ago has 4GB, and the system I paired it will will last for years to come without upgrading. My son's 970 in his new PC this year will summarily last many many years without the need to upgrade.

I mentioned to make sure you buy the 4 GB because it makes sense to true gamers -- not because it's a popular option.

Yeah, I had to upgrade to a 4GB card so I could play FTL in high resolution.

11. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 24, 2015, 00:07 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 21:59:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 19:20:
"All Games Will Have 8-Bit Graphics"

I'm fine with that. If it's fun, it's fun!

My point was that if everything was crowdfunded, that's pretty much all you'd see since that's all most games would be able to afford.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo
6. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo Jan 23, 2015, 20:29 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 19:54:
Giant Bomb quick look if anyone interested.
The title of this game definitely sucks ass but the gameplay looks like some old school C&C. I like it.

Cool looking game, but those guys were clueless.

5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo Jan 23, 2015, 20:09 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 19:43:
Yeah, cool trailer but weak game, and bad title. And Frank who? Legendary? What? In his own mind?

He did the C & C music. Back in the day I loved those soundtracks.

1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 23, 2015, 19:20 jdreyer

"All Games Will Have 8-Bit Graphics"

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 23, 2015, 18:16 jdreyer

Smartphones, tablets & eBay send SkyMall to Chapter 11.

Good riddance.

1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Grey Goo Jan 23, 2015, 18:11 jdreyer

Usually not a fan of pre-rendered trailers, but that was pretty cool.

As I understand it, the campaign in this game uses rendered cut scenes to tell the story, a la C & C back in the day. As an RTS fan, I'll own this some day, but not out of the gate. Too much other unplayed stuff.

10461 Comments. 524 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo