Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ Forton

Real Name Russ Forton   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rosco
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://churchoffrag.org/
Signed On Oct 8, 2004, 15:41
Total Comments 555 (Apprentice)
User ID 22010

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 Confirmed
48. No subject Nov 26, 2007, 19:44 Rosco

I will approach with cautious optimism as well. I played both DX and DX:IW, and even though I enjoyed DX:IW I always though it could have been much greater had it embraced the RPG style of the original more (universal ammo anyone?). My largest disappointment with DX:IW was actually Liberty Island, and I think everyone knows why.

By the way, that voice over in the teaser, to me sounds a lot like 47.

Consoles are schwag.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis
23. No subject Nov 13, 2007, 20:46 Rosco

I think what we need here, is a nice big group hug.  
Consoles are schwag.

News Comments > More Crysis Demo Fun
7. Damn Rapidshare Nov 1, 2007, 18:10 Rosco

Only one download allowed? WTF.
Any other download links available for these maps?

Consoles are schwag.

News Comments > Crysis Demo Released
65. Re: Killer Kane Oct 27, 2007, 10:55 Rosco

Well said Zeph, well said.  
Consoles are schwag.

News Comments > "Tribes-like Shooter" Coming?
4. Re: Um.... Oct 25, 2007, 11:08 Rosco

I creamed myself!
Oh my.
Let it be true!

Related to m00zilla?

Consoles are schwag.

News Comments > Juiced 2 Demo
2. Reply from Comcast (parody) Oct 24, 2007, 12:40 Rosco

1. Were sorry, but sometimes we service our equipment during the light load times, usually in the evening. If this occurs, no warning will be issued. Please try again at another time. Thank you, and have a nice day.

2. Bittorrent is file sharing, file sharing bad. You file share, we disconnect. Sorry, and thank you, have a nice day.

Remember kids! If you don't like our service, you are more than welcome to leave and find another service!

Thank you, and, Have a Nice Day!

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 12:41.

Consoles are schwag.

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 DOA? - Updated
16. Canceled, but not? Oct 17, 2007, 13:01 Rosco

From the article:

Deus Ex 3 (PS2/XBOX/PC, Ion Storm/Eidos) Eidos announced back in May that their Montreal studio will be makng a new Deus Ex 3 different from the one canceled

Different from the one canceled? Hmm, curious.

Consoles are schwag.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Demo
59. No subject Oct 11, 2007, 17:50 Rosco

You are all more then welcome, glad I could help!  
Consoles are schwag.

54. FilePlanet now live Oct 11, 2007, 16:59 Rosco

http://www.fileplanet.com/107884/0/0/0/section/Demos

Here you all go! FilePlanet now has it.

Consoles are schwag.

48. Re: here you go Oct 11, 2007, 15:55 Rosco

NOW I EXPECT YOUR APPOLOGY YOU RETARD

You will not get one, sorry. The link from wupperclan is for a 64MB file. The link from ns26580.ovh does not work. One of the Yahoo links completed in less then 5 seconds with a file less then 1MB.

Maybe I went over the top, but before you post links like that, you may want to test them first.

Consoles are schwag.

46. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2007, 15:51 Rosco

No, that is what we used to say back in the 70's before there was such a thing as nerds. But thank you for the lesson in anger management.  
Consoles are schwag.

43. Re: here you go Oct 11, 2007, 15:45 Rosco

MxxCon, don't be a dick by posting fake download links please. The assholes over in the Charlie Oscar Delta forums have been doing that all afternoon and it's getting old.  
Consoles are schwag.

41. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2007, 15:41 Rosco

New drivers have optimizations for the new games which give you more FPS. More FPS = Good.

No shirt Shitlock, but quite lately they they cause issues then fix them. More FPS is nice, but stability is nicer.

Consoles are schwag.

38. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2007, 15:25 Rosco

its already past 10th of new month and no new drivers, come on ATI stop slacking off and get to work

Why do you need a new driver? I'm still using the nVidia 94.24's and they perform rock solid. Stick with the ones you have and only update the drivers if you need to or are having issues. Either that or go to DriverHeaven and grab the latest Omega drivers for your ATI card or TweaksRUs for nVidia driver.

I've had more problems with newer drivers than with the old 94.24's myself.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 15:26.

Consoles are schwag.

6. No subject Oct 11, 2007, 12:48 Rosco

Grant Collier has got to be kicking himself for giving Yahoo an exclusive on this. I've hit a few sites already and the same complaint, it downloads for a bit then you get file complete between 5MB and 50MB.

I'll wait, hopefully it shows up at nZone, unlimited downloads, no B.S.

Consoles are schwag.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4
22. No subject Oct 10, 2007, 20:07 Rosco

Thanks Elf, I stand corrected.  
Consoles are schwag.

19. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Oct 10, 2007, 18:04 Rosco

Nobody knows where in the heck mOOzilla is going with his comments, he's got a good heart but kind of looses direction easily.

But, it all depends on what engine T:V used. The original Unreal (UT) engine could handle massive maps, but UE2 could not. Remember Liberty Island on Deus Ex(UE engine)? It was huge and unbroken. But, in Deus Ex Invisible War(UE2 engine) the final level revisited Liberty Island, and it was broken up into two separate levels, which essentially ruined that once great level in Deus Ex history.

I never played any of the Tribes game except one of the first demos, it wasn't for me so I never played any of them, didn't care for it. But if Tribes Vengeance did use UE2 then yes, it could very well be the engine fault. If it used UE, well, it could have been a development issue.

Consoles are schwag.

16. Re: UT'99 FTW Oct 10, 2007, 16:52 Rosco

Fluffy elektro bunnyhop death slippers (with cyber glowing soles and a "bing" noise when used with power ups.

No, Jump Boots! And those were great! None of this Double Jump BS UT2004 has.

Consoles are schwag.

14. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Oct 10, 2007, 16:50 Rosco

So you like large, open outdoor environments. No wonder you don't like (most of) the UT games.

The original Unreal and Unreal Tournament games has MASSIVE maps in it. And if the stock ones were not large enough, some custom maps were so huge the action would be sparse even with 32+ player in them. Deck32 and DM-Falkenstein are just two that would take you 10-15 minutes or so just looking around before you finally found someone to shoot at!

Consoles are schwag.

12. UT'99 FTW Oct 10, 2007, 16:44 Rosco

The original Unreal Tournament was and still is the best of the series. It has great "in your face" gameplay that was fast paced. UT2003/UT2004 are okay, but a CTF match in UT2004 does not even compare to UT'99. UT2003&UT2004 felt like you were running in molasses compared to the snap and run in UT'99.

And, it's a damn shame and a crime to the original game that most of the UT'99 servers now are nothing but sniper(camper)only or some damn thing called "Bunny Hop" servers. Most of them sit empty all the time as well. Maybe if they went back to the roots of the game and got rid of this BS camping and bunny hoping crap, the server might slowly fill once again. Maybe.

As an added bonus for UT'99, you can install the Old Skool mod and play the original Unreal game and other single player mods! There is no single player games worth mentioning for UT2004. I think it was pBOOST tried to port/remake the beginning level for Unreal into UT2004. I tried it, and it just did not feel right.

Consoles are schwag.

555 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo