Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mastaba

Real Name Mastaba   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I don't know.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 17, 1999, 23:06
Total Comments 99 (Suspect)
User ID 22

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Would Pirates Have Bought Crysis?
36. The real solution to piracy... Aug 28, 2008, 10:24 Mastaba

The real solution to piracy is simple, better parenting. And by better parenting, I mean a good old fashioned whipping with a belt on the bare rear end of these spoiled brats who pirate games simply becasue they can. Not one single game developer or publisher OWES you anything. YOU owe them if you want to play the full game. It's as simple as that. Afraid the game won't play well? Play the demo or read user reviews. Stop being lazy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Q&A
2. Re: Wii? May 2, 2008, 21:05 Mastaba

News Comments > R.I.P.: Gary Gygax
42. RIP Mar 5, 2008, 01:25 Mastaba

The first day I ever skipped a day of high school it was because I missed the bus, but instead of going home and catching a ride, one of the other students who also missed it convinced us (us being the group of students that shared the same bus stop, we were too busy playing Donkey Kong in the 7-11 that was on the same corner as said bus stop) to go to his house to play a new game he just got. It was p&p DnD and that was a life altering event. I never again looked at games in a simplistic way from that point on, and actually took an interest in game theory.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Tech Bits
6. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 11:55 Mastaba

You jump to a conclusion without considering alternatives. Maybe AMD is only interested in acquiring control of the Physx API much like Intel wanted the Havok API. The Physx codebase can run just fine without the dedicated PPU. They could rewrite the Physx codebase to run on the stream processors of their higher end video cards. Personally I think the whole story is hogwash though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. No subject Sep 9, 2007, 12:34 Mastaba

7% scored higher (more nerdy),
1% scored the same, and
92% scored lower (less nerdy).

What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

Supreme Nerd. Apply for a professorship at MIT now!!!.

News Comments > On UT3 Specs
7. Re: No subject May 30, 2007, 16:06 Mastaba

Or, simply suffer with a high end 32 bit system that supports PAE. PAE supports up to 64 GB. Now whether or not Windows supports the full range when it is booted with the /PAE switch I'm not clear on.

Edit: Ok its clear. A 32 bit Windows client OS can not break the 4GB limit, but a 32 bit Windows server OS can.

I'm betting some Linux distros can easily exploit PAE fully.

This comment was edited on May 30, 16:19.

News Comments > On Team Fortress 2 Animation
2. No subject May 14, 2007, 22:17 Mastaba

Neat.

News Comments > Steam Security Follow-up
7. Re: Cool E-mail Apr 20, 2007, 01:52 Mastaba

There's a little thing called investigations and they involve generally the timely release of information when such release does not jeopardize said investigations. (With regard to HL2 source code theft.)

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 01:57.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Daylight Savings Mar 9, 2007, 20:17 Mastaba

The media is focusing almost solely on the impact the change will have on computers. What they are missing are the millions of alarm clocks and watches, with built-in DST handling. These things, and many old VCR's too, will now have to have their time reset 4 times a year, unless the DST handling can be disabled. I hate the idea.

News Comments > On Steam Outages
4. Re: Remote site? Dec 23, 2006, 00:58 Mastaba

Storms can also knock out telecommunication centers. Say, for instance, if their backup power fails. A remote site is indeed required for that additional assurance that a service like Steam should demand.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 00:58.

3. James Kim Dec 6, 2006, 22:57 Mastaba

I thought he was a CNet editor.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Removing Features Is Not An Upgrade Oct 18, 2006, 13:09 Mastaba

Hardware manufacturers removing features from hardware via firmware updates or driver updates is nothing new. I first encountered that nearly 8 years ago, when Logitech decided my webcam could not be used for stop frame animation any longer, even though that was one of the reasons I bought it, and the box proudly advertised that ability. Then Logitech releases a new driver to "improve the user experience", which I gladly installed and it removes the stop frame animation code, but only for my webcam model. Sure, I had enough wits to hack the driver inf file to force it to install the animation code, but I wouldn't call that an improvement to my user experience.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Joy of Painting Apr 4, 2006, 00:11 Mastaba

I wonder if this prototype game I came across is somehow related, the author said he was thinking about a Revolution game.

http://number-none.com/blow/prototypes/index.html

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. DirectX 10 Mar 25, 2006, 23:35 Mastaba

The author seems to be pulling alot of stuff from his arse. Especially with respect to there possibly being an XP version. Microsoft's DirectX dev team has repeated over and over, that that ain't going to happen. Also Direct3D 10 has no cap bits, so if a HAL interface can be created it must by default support all of the Direct3D 10 specifications, period.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. IE7 crashing Feb 17, 2006, 13:35 Mastaba

Guess I have been lucky then, as I had no problem installing the latest fixes from WU with IE7 beta 2.

News Comments > Halo 2 for Windows Vista Planned
85. More expensive than you think Feb 9, 2006, 20:02 Mastaba

If they have really made DirectX 10 a requirement to run Halo 2, then not only will you need to buy Vista, but you will also need to buy a DirectX 10 compatible card, of which, none are currently available.

1. TBOP Nov 2, 2005, 00:52 Mastaba

It correctly indicated my position as a fourth child. Its probably just a coincidence, but it was still kind of freaky for a few seconds.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 00:56.

1. Active-X ad still present Sep 4, 2005, 11:43 Mastaba

Something from Media Motor tried to install itself when I loaded up the page this morning.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Music & SDK Plans
60. Doom 3 Music Jul 19, 2004, 16:48 Mastaba

I like it. It's not great, but it's not horrible either. Yes, it sounds like TOOL to me too. But that's ok with me, I like TOOL too.

43. Re: Noisy ads Apr 14, 2004, 00:52 Mastaba

That's not really static. Its one of those animated 3D sterograms, that you have to "look beyond" to see the 3D image in the noise.

99 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo