Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mastaba

Real Name Mastaba   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I don't know.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 17, 1999, 23:06
Total Comments 95 (Suspect)
User ID 22

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Trailer
4. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Apr 21, 2011, 17:43 Mastaba

Elaborate, how does it look terrible to you?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > One Potato, Two Potato...
48. Re: One Potato, Two Potato... Apr 18, 2011, 14:36 Mastaba

So what was the point of the ARG, oh yea, some lucky (or intelligent and persistant) bastards are getting to play it now, legally. How dare Valve do this. Now everyone else will refuse to buy or play Portal 2 out of spite. Rolleyes2  

News Comments > One Potato, Two Potato...
22. Re: One Potato, Two Potato... Apr 18, 2011, 12:06 Mastaba

Some people are quick to assume that GLaDOS@Home is the final chapter of the ARG. Yet the ARG wiki has already shown that this may not be the case. Well known users are still disappearing, morse code messages were still being sent after GLaDOS@Home started. There is also some indication that those who have earned all 36 potatoes will get something special. Some people are much too quick to judge.  

News Comments > Portal 2 "Bot Trust" Trailer
1. Re: Portal 2 Mar 28, 2011, 12:41 Mastaba

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2011, 14:08 Mastaba

Even though I'm a Saints fan, I'm betting they will lose. You see, look at the games the Saints have lost this year. Nearly every one was against a team they were picked to beat handily. And since they are the statistical favorite of this game, they will find a way to mess it up.  

News Comments > Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs
46. Re: Dragon Age II DLC and System Specs Jan 7, 2011, 15:47 Mastaba

In ME2, I don't remember being forced to wear armor that covered my face. It was an option however. And when on the deck of the ship, I wasn't even in armor.  

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Announced
12. Re: Age of Empires Online Announced Aug 17, 2010, 13:32 Mastaba

I've been playing it for the past six weeks, and being a fan of the AoE series, this edition really does not disappoint. You want to focus on multiplayer games? It's got it. You want co-op games? It's in there. You want single player games, it's got it in spades. The only adjustment I had to make was getting used to the stylized graphics. That took me only a week or so. Now I find the graphics and animation to be quite charming and the little details humorous at times. But in the midst of fervant battle, I really don't notice the graphics as much as the gameplay, and the gameplay is solid. Give the beta a whirl before you pass judgement, you may be surprised.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2010, 13:42.

News Comments > Darkspore Announced
6. Re: Darkspore Announced Jul 20, 2010, 19:39 Mastaba

Frickin' laser beams even.  

News Comments > Gamers & Lucid Dreams
6. Re: Gamers & Lucid Dreams May 27, 2010, 14:51 Mastaba

Dang, I've been playing games for over 35 years and I've yet to have a lucid dream. Actually, I rarely have dreams that I can even remember. Disappointed  

News Comments > DirectX 11 for Vista Released
7. Re: DirectX for Vista Released Oct 28, 2009, 04:25 Mastaba

No, DX10 is a completely different API from DX9, ergo DX10 is not backwards compatible with DX9. I suggest you go read the introduction to DirectX 10 at Microsoft's MSDN Library  

News Comments > Slipgate Ironworks Pink Slips
8. Re: Slipgate Ironworks Pink Slips Oct 18, 2009, 02:31 Mastaba

So basically, when the other id folk say Romero played an important part in its success, they are lying? Romero is a one hit wonder, big deal, get over it. It doesn't mean he will always be, and it's obvious he doesn't want to be. Or are you one of those people that thinks quitting and giving up is a good thing? Would you like to be known as a quitter? Or would you rather do your best and hope for the best? Celebrating another person's failure says less about them and more about you.  

News Comments > Slipgate Ironworks Pink Slips
3. Re: Slipgate Ironworks Pink Slips Oct 17, 2009, 15:00 Mastaba

How exactly is that hilarious? He was a central contributor to DOOM's success. Has he made anything as equally successful? Of course not. Not even id has come out with anything that was that great since.  

News Comments > 3D Realms Denies Buyout Offer
20. Re: Still waiting... May 17, 2009, 01:04 Mastaba

My guess is George anticipated this action by TT and by the advice of his attorney is keeping quiet, which is the prudent thing to do until the dust settles.  

News Comments > Creative Rebate and Switch
37. Re: Creative Rebate and Switch May 14, 2009, 19:54 Mastaba

Efflixi said,
If you get a giftcard from Wal-Mart it does the same thing.

This is not necessarily true, it depends on the type of giftcard. If you get a Walmart (there is no hyphen officially any longer) store giftcard, those absolutely do not charge any fees or have expiration dates. If you get a Walmart VISA giftcard, then those absolutely do charge monthly fees. And yes, I unfortunately work at Walmart, so I sorta have to know this detail.

News Comments > Warren Spector on Game Prices
33. Re: Warren Spector on Game Prices Mar 30, 2009, 14:02 Mastaba

Sorry if this is rather pedantic Tumbler, but your math was wrong. 5 out of 22 is not 4.4%, its darn near 23%. But still, I wouldn't be happy if only 23% of the games I bought ended up being worth the purchase.  

News Comments > Would Pirates Have Bought Crysis?
58. Re: Why are people defending piracy Aug 28, 2008, 10:44 Mastaba

Grats on making yourself look like a moron. That isn't even remotely the same thing

Is it right to take or use something that isn't yours to take or use? You haven't been given permission to use it. You get permission by buying it. I believe that was the point of the post, not the finer points of law.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 10:49.

News Comments > Would Pirates Have Bought Crysis?
36. The real solution to piracy... Aug 28, 2008, 10:24 Mastaba

The real solution to piracy is simple, better parenting. And by better parenting, I mean a good old fashioned whipping with a belt on the bare rear end of these spoiled brats who pirate games simply becasue they can. Not one single game developer or publisher OWES you anything. YOU owe them if you want to play the full game. It's as simple as that. Afraid the game won't play well? Play the demo or read user reviews. Stop being lazy!

News Comments > Valve Q&A
2. Re: Wii? May 2, 2008, 21:05 Mastaba

News Comments > R.I.P.: Gary Gygax
42. RIP Mar 5, 2008, 01:25 Mastaba

The first day I ever skipped a day of high school it was because I missed the bus, but instead of going home and catching a ride, one of the other students who also missed it convinced us (us being the group of students that shared the same bus stop, we were too busy playing Donkey Kong in the 7-11 that was on the same corner as said bus stop) to go to his house to play a new game he just got. It was p&p DnD and that was a life altering event. I never again looked at games in a simplistic way from that point on, and actually took an interest in game theory.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Tech Bits
6. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2007, 11:55 Mastaba

You jump to a conclusion without considering alternatives. Maybe AMD is only interested in acquiring control of the Physx API much like Intel wanted the Havok API. The Physx codebase can run just fine without the dedicated PPU. They could rewrite the Physx codebase to run on the stream processors of their higher end video cards. Personally I think the whole story is hogwash though.

95 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo