Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mastaba

Real Name Mastaba   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I don't know.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 17, 1999, 23:06
Total Comments 98 (Suspect)
User ID 22

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
2. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 26, 2014, 12:03 Mastaba

No, I think I just read it wrong.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support
1. Re: On Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Mantle Support Oct 26, 2014, 11:59 Mastaba

Maybe I'm doing the math wrong but isn't that only a 0.5 FPS difference?  

News Comments > Steam In-Home Streaming Launches
7. Re: Steam In-Home Streaming Launches May 21, 2014, 18:07 Mastaba

jacobvandy wrote on May 21, 2014, 17:40:
PHJF wrote on May 21, 2014, 16:47:
At what point will this work across set-top boxes like Amazon Fire or Tivo? If somebody could plunk $100 on an Amazon Fire and use this, that would really put Steam Boxes out to pasture before they're even out of the womb.

You answered your own question.

Actually I see it as complementary to the Steam Box platform. Imagine being able to stream games from your steam box to your tablet or phone. Does Microsoft or Sony have anything similar? Nope. Not quite.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs
21. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 15:27 Mastaba

What nonsense descender, I'd rather a game used my spare cores than leave them idling.  

News Comments > Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content
16. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 28, 2012, 00:06 Mastaba

You know, there are high resolution texture packs, graphics shader mods, and even mods that let you build with blocks of nearly any size. So again, its going to look as good as you make it look. If you don't put any effort into it, well, that's your short coming.  

News Comments > Black Ops 2 Specs; No XP Support
3. Re: Black Ops 2 Specs; No XP Support Sep 4, 2012, 15:56 Mastaba

Wait, but a GeForce 8800GT is not a DirectX 11 part. So the game can run without the DirectX 11 specific features. So, there must be at least a DirectX 10 fallback. So really what they meant to say is that since the game requires at least DirectX 10 Windows XP is not supported.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Beta Drivers Add FXAA
7. Re: New NVIDIA Beta Drivers Add FXAA Apr 9, 2012, 14:47 Mastaba

3dfx's patents became NVIDIA's once the buyout was completed.  

News Comments > On PC Batman: Arkham City
13. Re: On PC Batman: Arkham City Sep 26, 2011, 13:01 Mastaba

necrosis wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 12:53:
Ahh yes. Did not take long for the 'I dont have any issues so your just a whiny bitch' posts.

But it took amazingly less amount of time for you to actually point that meaningless fact out!

News Comments > On PC Batman: Arkham City
9. Re: On PC Batman: Arkham City Sep 26, 2011, 12:45 Mastaba

I don't quite understand all the hate directed towards GFWL. I've never had to pay to use it. It's never stopped me from playing a game because of techincal issues. No one forces me to shop on the GFWL client. And it stays out of the way while playing the GFWL games, just like Steam does. I suppose its still fashionable within some niche to "hate" anything remotely associated with Microsoft, as a means to show nerd cred.  

News Comments > Portal Co-creator's Quantum Conundrum Revealed
11. Re: Portal Creator's Quantum Conundrum Revealed Aug 25, 2011, 19:06 Mastaba

Bludd wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 18:46:
I wouldn't call it different. It is basically Portal with worse writing AFAICS.

So let me get this straight, you've judged the game's writing from watching those three very simple puzzles, and listening to only the video voice over and not seeing or hearing one actual bit of game dialog?

News Comments > Portal Co-creator's Quantum Conundrum Revealed
8. Re: Portal Creator's Quantum Conundrum Revealed Aug 25, 2011, 16:41 Mastaba

It appears to have some potential, as long as the level difficulty gets appreciably more difficult the deeper into the game you go. The extreme simplicity of what was shown in this demo is completely understandable considering its the first levels of the game and you need that simplicity to learn the game mechanics.  

News Comments > Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed
10. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 12:25 Mastaba

Hmmmm, I know I hit edit and not reply, cause all I did was delete "to" in the second sentence. So how I double posted is beyond me.  

8. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 12:18 Mastaba

Not good enough. You still have to login with their server when you launch the game. They are just letting you disconnect afterwards to continue playing offline. So you still ain't going to play Driver: San Francisco on a plane unless you start the game before you board, login into ubi auth servers, go into offline mode, hibernate the laptop, board plane, then wake laptop at appropriate time. And that's assuming Driver can even handle a hibernating laptop without requiring reauth at wake-up. Or what if I lose internet connectivity, then I still can't play single player because I can't login at game launch time. That's just dumb.  

6. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 12:17 Mastaba

Not good enough. You still have to login with their server to when you launch the game. They are just letting you disconnect afterwards to continue playing offline. So you still ain't going to play Driver: San Francisco on a plane unless you start the game before you board, login into ubi auth servers, go into offline mode, hibernate the laptop, board plane, then wake laptop at appropriate time. And that's assuming Driver can even handle a hibernating laptop without requiring reauth at wake-up. Or what if I lose internet connectivity, then I still can't play single player because I can't login at game launch time. That's just dumb.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2011, 21:36 Mastaba

Hey Blue, that stupid phony security malware infested ad just hijacked my browser (or at least attempted to).  

News Comments > Vote on Female Shepard
7. Re: Vote on Female Shepard Jul 25, 2011, 11:49 Mastaba

PhysX is about to fall into the dust bin of technology so I wouldn't worry about amd ever even considering it. Once developers get their hands on Microsoft C++ AMP, someone somewhere is going to make an accelerated physics middleware that runs on anything that supports DirectX 10 or better.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2011, 13:16.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: The Legend of Zelda- A Link to the Portal Gun Jul 14, 2011, 15:00 Mastaba

I reckon they simply ripped most of the artwork used from a rom or rom image, and composited various elements with video captures of the actual game in action. That's my guess.  

News Comments > Upcoming PC Shooter Tease
18. Re: Upcoming PC Shooter Tease Jun 30, 2011, 16:28 Mastaba

But the streets in Bladerunner were crammed with people. I see not a single soul in this screen shot. Unless there be a human in that thing in the road.  

News Comments > Gaikai's Walmart Deal
7. Re: Gaikai's Walmart Deal Jun 21, 2011, 15:16 Mastaba

You do understand that this particular Walmart webpage has existed long before this announcement and that the Gaikai streaming effort via Walmart's page has not started yet, right?  

News Comments > Valve on Episodes
4. Re: Valve on Episodes May 9, 2011, 14:23 Mastaba

I have a terrible notion that Gabe has been snatched and replaced with a corporate pod person.  

98 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo