Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christian Jensen

Real Name Christian Jensen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CeeJay
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 10054419
Description
Homepage http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381912
Signed On Oct 4, 2004, 18:00
Total Comments 115 (Novice)
User ID 21972

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
6. AGP not working Oct 11, 2007, 17:08 CeeJay

Same thing here .. and I have a 9700.

Direct3D games won't run at all and 7.7 was the last to work right.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 17:08.

I'm the developer of SweetFX
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Orange Box Midnight Madness
20. 9:00 in Europe Oct 6, 2007, 07:34 CeeJay

I'd like to point out, so people don't have to do look up time differentials and do math, that 00:00 in Pacific time (PST) is 09:00 in European time (CET)

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 07:38.

News Comments > ATI Radeon Driver Hotfix
7. Won't work - why bother ? Sep 28, 2007, 18:47 CeeJay

I'm not even going to try them out .. If they are based on the 7.9 drivers they won't run on my Radeon 9700.

The last driver that worked right was 7.7

I'm really disappointed with AMD for releasing drivers that don't work with supported cards.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 18:48.

News Comments > Gold - Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
31. Preload should be comming soon Sep 27, 2007, 15:26 CeeJay

But we should see the game available for preloading pretty soon.

Hopefully they will also release a demo early.

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Drivers
12. Re: Actually... Sep 10, 2007, 16:28 CeeJay

"Umm Omega drivers sometimes dont work with some game engines and end up rendering a black screen."

I have never encountered any problems with the Omega drivers , but if you can't use them , I suggest you try Driverheavens Mobility Modder :
http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool/

It can modify an official Catalyst driver to run on ATI mobility GPU's.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Patch
16. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2007, 05:55 CeeJay

The trick I used in Morrowind to get around fast (besides teleporting and traveling by ship or beast) was Magic resistance (I was a Breton with gear that added even more resistance) + Boots of Blinding Speed + the occasional levitate spell/gear.

Boots of Blinding Speed boosts your speed by an insane amount (200 I think), but also blinds you completely .. Magic resistance however makes you resist the negative blinding effect.
The end result is that you can zoom through the landscape like you're Superman or The Flash.

News Comments > Free Romanians in Space
6. Re: Hey Aug 21, 2007, 11:09 CeeJay

Homeworld 2 was published 8 years ago - IMO the last good space game was Freelancer (from 2003) if you don't count Space Rangers 2 (2004) which was also pretty darn good, but also a weird genre mix (mostly space based though).

News Comments > SpeedBall 2 Debut
3. Re: Please please please... Jun 22, 2007, 13:01 CeeJay

Ice cream ! Ice cream !

News Comments > Vista Halo 2 Delayed Again
6. Re: Chortle May 24, 2007, 11:22 CeeJay

I agree .. Too little , too late.
And by the look of things , it will be a crappy port as well - Here is a screenshot from the pirated version (I didn't take the screenshot myself, nor do I have the pirated version) :
http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture3fv8.jpg

Notice how the screen refers to the Xbox Select and Back buttons ?
If they missed a bug as visible as that , then I wonder what other mistakes they've made porting this.

I'm not gonna bother buying or even pirating this crap - Even free it's still just Halo 2 .. ported .. badly to PC and crippled so it can only run on Vista. Good riddance.

News Comments > Need for Speed Announcement Nears
17. Re: Yawn... May 22, 2007, 04:57 CeeJay

My favorites were Hot pursuit(3) , High Stakes(4), Hot Pursuit 2 (6), and Most Wanted (9).
Also liked parts of Underground 1 & 2 , but they were too much about the bling-bling and style and not enough about the driving.

I've heard that there are two teams doing NFS games, and they take turns. One seems to put out good racing games and the other makes bling-bling nighttime horrors.
The last NFS game (Carbon) really sucked so maybe it's time for a great one.

I'm noticing some positive things about the upcomming game from this short trailer :
1) Damage modelling
2) Daytime racing
3) Racetracks ( I also like driving in the city and countryside , just not all the time - some diversity is nice.)

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Patch
9. Re: uhh ohh.. May 11, 2007, 15:45 CeeJay

Here's a hint .. He's closer than you think.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - UFO: Extraterrestrials
8. Copy protection May 4, 2007, 13:33 CeeJay

Well acording to the warez sites .. The game doesn't use any copy protection, so if you were fearing something nasty like Starforce then you can relax.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Patches
6. Re: Neverwinter Nights 2 Feb 19, 2007, 15:06 CeeJay

I'm personally hoping they get around to fixing the savegame corruption bugs , that some people see.

Losing everything you've worked hard to achieve and having to start all over again with a new character really sucks.
Especially when it happens to you , half-way through the game.

News Comments > Dark Messiah Updated
5. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2006, 15:58 CeeJay

Nevermind the framerate .. is this the patch that makes the game stop bluescreening the pc every 10 minutes ?

This is the most unstable game I have ever tried in my 20 years of gaming (that said I haven't tried Gothic 3 which some people claim takes the prize as most unstable game ever).

News Comments > Alien RPG Announced
24. Re: Rough Dec 13, 2006, 14:42 CeeJay

"Absolutely terrible, anyone who liked it, and no offense venomhed, has something very very wrong with them."

Only a Sith deals in absolutes...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Best of PC
21. Re: Five of the Greatest ? Nov 21, 2006, 17:31 CeeJay

The best Star Wars games in my book was :

Tie Fighter
Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy
Knights of the Old Republic
Episode 1 Pod Racer

Dark Forces , Jedi Knight , Republic Commando were really good games too , but for me they didn't have the lasting appeal of the other games that made me play them more than once.
X-wing and the other SW space sims are not on my list because IMO Tie Fighter was the best of the lot.

KOTOR 2 could have been great if it had gotten more TLC , and time enough to complete it.
It could also be that Obsidian wasn't up to the job .. a suspicion I've begun to have since my first encounters with NWN2 , which also feels buggy and unpolished.

Pod Racer is on my list (no one else mentioned it) because no other game have ever given me such a sense of SPEED as this game.
Also the control of the pod racer was just perfect.
If you failed to make a turn or avoid an obstacle , it wasn't because of your pod or the controls , but because you failed to react in time .. It really requires those lightning fast Jedi reflexes .. and I love that.
It's all about skill and speed and once you master it , you truly feel like you've accomplished something.

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might SP Patch Plans
14. Re: Will I be able to play? Nov 8, 2006, 04:41 CeeJay

You can play 30 minutes without crashing !?
You lucky bastard!

On my PC it seems it crashes every time a new level loads or something wont fit into the videocards memory.
Instead of being being loaded from system mem through AGP it crashes instead.
I first reduced texture quality to medium which helped but not enough and then to low , which helped a little extra.
The game still crashes though.

This game takes the prize for buggiest game ever (and I've played Vampire: Bloodlines)

News Comments > X: Reunion 2.0 Announced
28. Starforce sufferers Nov 1, 2006, 07:10 CeeJay

If starforce gives you any problems you can download and use the unofficial nocd patch for X3.
It's easy enough to find.

News Comments > Star Wars Game Plans
46. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2006, 08:33 CeeJay

1. Yeesssss , deliciously evil , wasn't it ? >:)

2. I think the new stuff was the Euphoria and DMM physics systems used.

The upcomming Indy game is set to use both:
http://www.lucasarts.com/games/indianajones/

News Comments > Star Wars Game Plans
18. What i'd like to see Aug 23, 2006, 12:47 CeeJay

About a new Sam & Max game see : http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/
( It should be out this fall )

I can't wait.

Then I'd love to see a Star Wars spacesim with a Freelancer-like universe , trading, different ships to buy , equipment to mount and a nice storyline that ties it together , with the flightmodel , and usual awesome lucasarts sound and music from Tie Fighter .. all finished off with some state-of-the-art graphics , like Eve Online.

Then another Jedi Knight game with a souped up engine and maybe some more acrobatic moves likes thoose in Prince of Persia.
Something like this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6FbhqCnOvs

Thats the next-gen engine Lucasarts is working on - the game shown will possibly be called Star Wars : Force Unleashed , and it will most likely either suck or come to a platform that you do not own, and will come without support and the option to make mods for it (Like usual).

Here's hoping that Lucasarts grows a brain and releases a good game for all platforms (at the same time), without rushing it out through the door.

BTW .. listing that next-gen concept video , I'm wondering if that isn't a Wilhelm scream at about 0:14 seconds in the movie ?
You listen and tell me what you think..
This comment was edited on Aug 23, 12:58.

115 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo