Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Christian Jensen

Real Name Christian Jensen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CeeJay
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 10054419
Description
Homepage http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381912
Signed On Oct 4, 2004, 18:00
Total Comments 115 (Novice)
User ID 21972

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Prey 2?
1. No subject Aug 18, 2006, 10:59 CeeJay

Prey 2 who ?

I'm the developer of SweetFX
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > A Vampyre Story Undead
8. Re: No subject Jul 2, 2006, 06:20 CeeJay

And you sir, sound like a troll.
But if someone were to look at your user post history , they'd realized you're not.
Likewise if you look at my post history you'd realize that I'm no shill.

I just love old school

But do tell of any other Lucasarts-style games you know of that are comming out .. I'd love to try them.

This comment was edited on Jul 2, 06:23.

News Comments > Free DoD: Source Weekend Coming
6. Re: A week ? Jul 1, 2006, 13:39 CeeJay

It says weekend .. which is 3 days.

If you are refering to "you'll get a chance to play the new maps in about a week" , it means that you will be able to try the new map , in a about a weeks time from now. Not for a week.
You simply misunderstood.

BTW don't knock the metric system .. it's far superior to "that other" measurement system.

4. Re: No subject Jul 1, 2006, 13:22 CeeJay

It's filled with 'em ! Even the lead character is a womyn.

Check out one of them fine damsels from the game :
http://www.amegames.com/images/vs/screenshots/Madame_Strigoi.jpg

3. No subject Jul 1, 2006, 13:16 CeeJay

This is great news !

It's also very nice to see someone carrying the torch from the old Lucasarts adventure games , since Lucasarts themselves seems to have lost interest in making any more of theese games.

I'm really hoping that either this or the new Sam & Max game turns out to be just as fun the old classics.

News Comments > Prey Demo
66. My impression Jun 22, 2006, 12:08 CeeJay

Well I've just finished playing through the whole demo and also did some multipreying.

Engine/graphicsdesign wise it's a step up from Quake 4.
There's less of the annoying lighting problems people complained about with Doom 3 .. with many areas being very dark so you have to run around with the flashlight on all the time even though the base is built for humans - With Prey there is more light but I still prefer the lighting in other engines like the Unreal engine or the Source engine.

Prey seems to feature more vibrant colors and more detail than previous Doom 3 engine games - thats good.

Wacky gravity - Boy .. this can be confusing .. especially at first and in hectic deathmatches.
I don't think the human mind is geared for navigating 3D spaces that has alternating gravity centers like Prey has.
But as with everything else , we will adapt and overcome.
Definatly takes some getting used to in multiprey.
This goes for the other guys as well though .. I got lots of kills while standing on the ceiling shooting at guys on the floor that had no idea where I was.

It's less of a problem in singleplayer because you can set your own pace.

Weapons in prey are wacky and different , which I like , but they don't feel as versatile as the unreal tournament weapons to me.

The whole Native American spin seems misplaced to me .. more like an excuse to have super spiritpowers than as good storytelling.

It has a story however which is a big improvement from previous Doom 3 engine games, which were always very weak in that department.
It's not a great story , but it's there.

The game runs smooth on my PC , and for a demo thats a very good sign. I don't remember Quake 4 or Doom 3 running this smooth.

To me it doesn't look like it's going to be a classic FPS .. one that sets new standards for gameplay or anything - But I think it will shape up to be a good and polished FPS that Human Head can be proud of.
The weird gravity and extensive use of portal should at least be interesting to see even if you don't like the genre.

I predict some people will have to take breaks between playing because of this. Some people get motion-sickness from playing FPS games .. This game will likely introduce them to gravity-sickness too.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
6. Re: UFO Afterlight Feb 19, 2006, 07:18 CeeJay

It's my take on a IMO likely future article.

Yes , it's fictional , but it could be written if ALTAR Interactive continue to make UFO games that does not do the original justice.

You are not the only one that do not like the UFO:A games.
If you're looking for a game with a similar experience to the orginal UFO games try the Fallout series , the Jagged Alliance games and Silent Storm and Silent Storm Sentinels (the Silent Storm Gold package contains both).

Hammer & Sickle though based on the Silent Storm engine is frustatingly hard and quite confusing.. I suggest you pass it over.

Upcomming games that might interest you :
UFO:ET http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/ (late in development)
Fallout 3 by Bethesda Softworks (early in development)

I'm surprised that using quotation marks for quotes, could upset anyone.

I'm going to disregard your rude remarks.

News Comments > GPL GtkRadiant
2. Freeware ? Feb 18, 2006, 03:51 CeeJay

AFAIK none of iD's games have ever been made freeware.
Quake, Quake 2 and Quake 3 have been made opensource but that is not the same thing.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. Re: UFO Afterlight Feb 18, 2006, 03:41 CeeJay

"In UFO Afterlife tonight , we look at how ALTAR Interactive by trying to provide something fresh , instead of going with a proven concept, failed to provide something good, that would attract fans of the genre.
This and the inability to learn from mistakes made, ultimately led to their downfall."

News Comments > Dear Diaries - Halo 2 PC
27. No subject Feb 12, 2006, 07:27 CeeJay

I still remember when Halo came out on the PC.
Too little , too late.
And too repetitive :
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2001/11/28

My guess is that Halo 2 will be much the same, with the added bonus that it will require an expensive OS "upgrade" that is likely to slow down your system, with it's huge requirements just like every other OS that MS have ever released.

I can't wait .. I'm just so hyped about it ..
.. really

News Comments > Jack Thompson Under Fire
11. No subject Nov 8, 2005, 04:24 CeeJay

I'm surprised JT haven't noticed something like this :

http://www.hookup3d.com/
WARNING - EXTREMELY EXPLICIT

Talk about hot coffee!

Not that there is anything wrong with that , I hope JT will be barred from court, as much as the next person.

News Comments > DNF in December?
8. Re: No subject Oct 4, 2005, 19:20 CeeJay

From 3drealms website :

"No, you cannot pre-order the game. If you see some online store saying "We are taking pre-orders", they're just trying to get your money (they usually also make up their own supposed "insider release date info", too). There is no release date set, we are not taking pre-orders for the game. End of story.

Once we begin taking pre-orders, believe us, you'll know about it.

The release date of this game is "When it's done". Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation. There is no date. We don't know any date. If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not. They are making it up. There is no date. Period."

So yeah, my money would definatly be on Amazon making this up.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. No subject Jul 13, 2005, 11:53 CeeJay

It's screenshots of Gothic 3 not 2

News Comments > No GTA:SA GF4MX Support
9. No subject Jun 7, 2005, 12:05 CeeJay

It might be possible to run the game on a Geforce4 MX using 3D-analyze.

http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html

It is already possible to workaround some of the problems with the previous 3D GTA games with 3D-analyze so I give it good odds - I can't say how fast it will run or how good it will look without shadereffects (actually with 3D-analyze telling the game that card supports pixelshaders even if it does not) , but I'm pretty sure it will run.

News Comments > Knights of Honor & DAEMON Tools
8. Daemon-Tools doesn't do this Oct 4, 2004, 14:03 CeeJay

Daemon-tools does not delete its own files.

I have notified the developers in Daemon-tools beta-tester forum (which is locked and hidden to all non-betatesters/developers .. don't bother looking for it) of Sunflowers response , since they might want share their side of the story too.

CeeJay
- Deamon-tools betatester

115 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo