Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Robert Titland

Real Name Robert Titland   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dross
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Sep 20, 2004, 18:19
Total Comments 10 (Suspect)
User ID 21876

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Solar Defense and Demo Released
6. Re: No subject Mar 3, 2012, 00:12 Dross

The author says on his facebook page that it works in virtual machine and he is going to update it to work in Windows 7 eventually.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Solar Defense and Demo Released
2. Re: No subject Mar 2, 2012, 13:49 Dross

Hmm it does not work in Windows 7 64 bit. Says something about a direct x 8 dll missing when it just installed direct x 8.1. Don't know how many sales they expect to get with this kind of nonsense of no Vista/7 support.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2011, 13:15 Dross

Direct 2 Drive it's All DLC discount is only 100 to choose from. Again I tried to get Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 for 15% off, it doesn't work. At the site it says 100 to choose from for the 15% off All DLC. That's not All DLC.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2011, 00:36 Dross

Tried to get Bioshock 2 Minerva's Den on D2D for the 15% off all DLC sale, but it doesn't work. Too bad.  

News Comments > L4D2 Encore Mutation, Community Mutations Coming
8. Re: No subject Dec 4, 2010, 22:27 Dross

Yeah I like Left 4 Dead, but lets face it, most of the special infected don't have any skill or creativity, only cheap locking abilities. Ever play L4D singleplayer? Not that fun just because of the annoying Hunters, Smokers, Jockeys, whatever is impossible to get out of.

Walking Dead would be perfect. Traditional zombies, slow and fast. Survival. Infection. RPG elements. MUUUUCH more variety. Nothing like the L4D series.

News Comments > Harmonix for Sale
15. Re: No subject Nov 12, 2010, 15:03 Dross

Steele Johnson wrote on Nov 11, 2010, 11:03:
I knew this was going to happen. When you go from the video game business to the music tutoring business, you should expect profits to decline drastically. What a bunch of fools. All their fans raised the flag on the forums, too. DOH!

The basic Rock Band game play is still intact and improved. The music tutor/pro guitar and bass is 100% optional. This really has nothing to do with the sales of this game IMO.

Do yourself a favor and actually play the game before making dumb comments.

News Comments > Game Movies
1. Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 12:27 Dross

The movie is all choppy here ;p

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preorders Steam Ahead Tomorrow
104. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2004, 11:50 Dross

Wal-mart can price lower than the MSRP because Wal-mart is a retail outlet: they're making a calculated price based on their game supply, perceived game demand, and a desire to undercut their competitors. Valve, meanwhile, is contractually obligated to price according to Vivendi's MSRP so as to not undercut retailers, thus screwing over the retailers, from who 98% of HL2's sales revenue will come from.

There's a difference between a game maker undercutting the people who are selling its games, and a retailer undercutting its competition.

So Walmart can screw other retailers by lowering their price...

I understand that it's a contract, I just don't understand why anyone would agree to it. I should have said that instead.

The point is Valve should be able to lower their price because they don't offer a physical copy. I'm not going to buy it from Steam because I will be able to get the physical copy for less.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preorders Steam Ahead Tomorrow
91. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2004, 04:42 Dross

No thanks.

I'll be going to Walmart to get my copy for $47 or so. Then I'll download the other stuff when it comes out. I aint payin for updated graphics for crap I don't even play (CS).

I don't understand why Valve can't lower the price but Walmart can? They don't have any material production costs, only server costs. I just can't see the justification of selling for $50 for the bronze when they have so little overhead. They should be allowed to sell for less considering the consumer doens't get the box, CDs and manual.

News Comments > Valve versus Sierra
59. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2004, 14:20 Dross

I wonder if one can backup the .cfg files to a DVD.. Would this allow steam to only download files it needs after putting them in the correct directory? In theory, I would think so, but it depends if they keep all version upgrades available on the server.

10 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo