Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MxxCon

Real Name MxxCon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MxxCon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 20, 2004, 16:58
Total Comments 252 (Amateur)
User ID 21874

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 1, 2013, 21:29 MxxCon

I think it's a fake story by Ars to see how far it can spread.
Or Ars got hacked and somebody posted this as a defacement.
Either way I don't believe that it's real. Stuff they are talking about is just too fantastical. Virus that can communicate using pc speakers/mics while computer is unplugged from power? bios battery does not have enough capacity to do that.

big fat BS.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3
12. Re: CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3 Oct 30, 2013, 23:33 MxxCon

I really hope piracy groups will respect this company and hold off on releasing this game right away..  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3
11. Re: CD Projekt RED Reaffirms Anti-DRM Stance for The Witcher 3 Oct 30, 2013, 23:32 MxxCon

Redmask wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 22:50:
Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 20:37:
Nah, let's face it, the consenus is people either really like these games a lot or just find them really meh.

That describes pretty much everyone about everything.
meh

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year?
48. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 17:11 MxxCon

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 17:08:
The fix would be fake "GFWL" registration server software that you load on your machine. A small executable that pretends to be the MS server, authorizing whatever bullshittery the game needs it to. This would keep games without an active publisher/developer from being completely cut out. Now, it won't fix multiplayer issues, but it'd at least be a solution for being able to play games SP.
Such a solution would also involve messing around with your computer's hosts file to redirect requests from MS's servers to localhost...
If that's the case then you just might as well get proper game cracks that would not require gfwl at all.

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year?
44. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 12:10 MxxCon

bigspender wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 08:53:
MxxCon wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 03:08:
Flo wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 03:04:
bigspender wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 02:50:
microsoft should just buy steam and make that the official game store. end of story. (provided they don't interfere with how things are) everyone would be a winnar.
+1
Right, Microsoft will want to allow continue the support of Linux and OSX gaming.
Right, Microsoft will want to allow continue of existence of a platform which they do not control when they invested $billions into xbox

You 2 are nearsighted idiots or trolls.

Go play consoles and stop coming to bluesnews!

Linux and OSX lol - why would I go to a pizza shop to buy a lawn mower?
Because YOU are an idiot..?

21. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 03:08 MxxCon

Flo wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 03:04:
bigspender wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 02:50:
microsoft should just buy steam and make that the official game store. end of story. (provided they don't interfere with how things are) everyone would be a winnar.
+1
Right, Microsoft will want to allow continue the support of Linux and OSX gaming.
Right, Microsoft will want to allow continue of existence of a platform which they do not control when they invested $billions into xbox

You 2 are nearsighted idiots or trolls.

Go play consoles and stop coming to bluesnews!

18. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 02:46 MxxCon

Go play consoles then!  

16. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 02:09 MxxCon

Flo wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 02:05:
I'll say it again: The new guy MS hired from Valve should just tell them to make Steam a first class citizen on windows! Make a deal with Valve, ship it with windows update! All the bad press about win 8 will just fade away
Horrible idea!
Steam is too big as it is!
PC Market thrives on competition, not monopoly!
Microsoft should make a standard API where various digital distribution services can simply plug in and provide a unified interface to everything that steam/origin/uplay/gog/greenman are offering.
That way it doesn't matter where you bought the game from, it will work the same way.
Just like it doesn't matter if you bought physical game from bestbuy or walmart or gamestop or whatever other retailer there is.

11. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 19, 2013, 22:54 MxxCon

Wait, wait, wait. GTA4+addons require GFWL (and I believe for multiplayer...)
Will Rockstar patch the game?

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
30. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 19:08 MxxCon

Kosumo wrote on Jul 28, 2013, 18:32:
This make's Notch and his succses with Minecraft look saint like! (Notch should pay Romeo to make this guy his bitch)
I think Notch is very humble.
He is opinionated, but I'm not aware he's ever been offensive. His attitude has always been that Minecraft was a fluke success and he's very grateful for it.

While Fish is also very opinionated, he's also very passionate about his game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2013, 14:50 MxxCon

The 3 Most Exciting Words in Science Right Now: Dubstep is awesome!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. RIP Seth Vidal Jul 10, 2013, 17:20 MxxCon

Wow Blue, I'm surprised you posted this story and that you are aware of him.
Seth had a gigantic impact on the open-source community. He will be greatly missed. Cry

News Comments > GRID 2 Cockpit Mode?
2. Re: GRID 2 Cockpit Mode? May 29, 2013, 09:56 MxxCon

Or it's fully baked into the game and it is a simple CockpitMode=1 change in .ini file.  

News Comments > Valve Steampipe Conversions
7. Re: Valve Steampipe Conversions May 2, 2013, 21:27 MxxCon

And you can finally install TF2 into "not default" location..So I can install it on my 2TB D:\ drive where all the games go, and not on my tiny 128GB C:\ SSD where Steam itself is.  

News Comments > April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 4
5. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Apr 2, 2013, 15:03 MxxCon

Blue, Adobe Blank font is actually a legit thing, not April fool's.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Mar 19, 2013, 12:34 MxxCon

That is and ONLY IF WP8.1 will be allowed to be installed on the current WP8 devices. With MS' current inconsistent upgrade policies you will never know until it happens.

It is different from MS' other products because when you buy a computer, it does not become obsolete 1.5 years after purchase.

9. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 19, 2013, 09:51 MxxCon

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 09:31:
MxxCon wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 09:15:
WP6 -> WP7 was not supported
WP7 -> WP8 was not supported
WP8 -> WP? will be supported? Unlikely.

My statement remains correct.

Also:
WP6-> WP7: what kind of idiot would expect this?
Oh, I don't know what kind of idiot, but it seems be running on a WP6 device htc-hd2-runs-windows-phone-7
Now if they had access the actual source code, they could've fixed all the issues and it would run perfectly fine on it.
The only reason why WP7 does not run on WP6 devices IS BECAUSE MICROSOFT DID NOT WANT THAT.

WP7-> WP8: Perhaps should have been expected, but it's still an entirely different OS. It looks the same, but very little of the code is the same. WP7 was a stopgap. Probably not the best idea
And yet
against-all-odds-windows-phone-8-has-been-hacked-htc-hd2
htc-hd2-soldiers-past-win-phone-8-runs-windows-rt

WP8-WP9: Same kernel. How do you know? It's based on Windows. Microsoft is unifying all their kernels. Which means upgrading is much easier and more likely.
How do I know? Gee, last 2 moves were anti-consumer, profit grabs. Why would this move be any different.

I'm not asking you to have faith in Microsoft. I'm not asking you to like WP. I'm not asking you to buy WP. I'm asking you not to make stupid statements you can't support other than saying that a phone from 2007 using an OS that was really based on one from 2002 should have been able to be upgraded to a modern phone OS.
Take that Microsoft dick out of your mouth, it makes you say retarded things and look like a fool.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2013, 09:58.

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 19, 2013, 09:15 MxxCon

WP6 -> WP7 was not supported
WP7 -> WP8 was not supported
WP8 -> WP? will be supported? Unlikely.

My statement remains correct.

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 19, 2013, 02:40 MxxCon

nutshell42 wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 02:37:
wow, you didn't even read the fucking headline of the article you're replying to.
wow, it's obvious your failed English Reading Comprehension 101.
Why don't YOU actually the article and try to understand what it says.
dumbass

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 18, 2013, 23:01 MxxCon

18 month support for phones that are sold on 24 month contract... Awesome!  

252 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo