Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MxxCon

Real Name MxxCon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MxxCon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 20, 2004, 16:58
Total Comments 246 (Novice)
User ID 21874

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year?
18. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 02:46 MxxCon

Go play consoles then!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year?
16. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 02:09 MxxCon

Flo wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 02:05:
I'll say it again: The new guy MS hired from Valve should just tell them to make Steam a first class citizen on windows! Make a deal with Valve, ship it with windows update! All the bad press about win 8 will just fade away
Horrible idea!
Steam is too big as it is!
PC Market thrives on competition, not monopoly!
Microsoft should make a standard API where various digital distribution services can simply plug in and provide a unified interface to everything that steam/origin/uplay/gog/greenman are offering.
That way it doesn't matter where you bought the game from, it will work the same way.
Just like it doesn't matter if you bought physical game from bestbuy or walmart or gamestop or whatever other retailer there is.

11. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 19, 2013, 22:54 MxxCon

Wait, wait, wait. GTA4+addons require GFWL (and I believe for multiplayer...)
Will Rockstar patch the game?

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
30. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 19:08 MxxCon

Kosumo wrote on Jul 28, 2013, 18:32:
This make's Notch and his succses with Minecraft look saint like! (Notch should pay Romeo to make this guy his bitch)
I think Notch is very humble.
He is opinionated, but I'm not aware he's ever been offensive. His attitude has always been that Minecraft was a fluke success and he's very grateful for it.

While Fish is also very opinionated, he's also very passionate about his game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2013, 14:50 MxxCon

The 3 Most Exciting Words in Science Right Now: Dubstep is awesome!  

24. RIP Seth Vidal Jul 10, 2013, 17:20 MxxCon

Wow Blue, I'm surprised you posted this story and that you are aware of him.
Seth had a gigantic impact on the open-source community. He will be greatly missed. Cry

News Comments > GRID 2 Cockpit Mode?
2. Re: GRID 2 Cockpit Mode? May 29, 2013, 09:56 MxxCon

Or it's fully baked into the game and it is a simple CockpitMode=1 change in .ini file.  

News Comments > Valve Steampipe Conversions
7. Re: Valve Steampipe Conversions May 2, 2013, 21:27 MxxCon

And you can finally install TF2 into "not default" location..So I can install it on my 2TB D:\ drive where all the games go, and not on my tiny 128GB C:\ SSD where Steam itself is.  

News Comments > April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 4
5. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Apr 2, 2013, 15:03 MxxCon

Blue, Adobe Blank font is actually a legit thing, not April fool's.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Mar 19, 2013, 12:34 MxxCon

That is and ONLY IF WP8.1 will be allowed to be installed on the current WP8 devices. With MS' current inconsistent upgrade policies you will never know until it happens.

It is different from MS' other products because when you buy a computer, it does not become obsolete 1.5 years after purchase.

9. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 19, 2013, 09:51 MxxCon

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 09:31:
MxxCon wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 09:15:
WP6 -> WP7 was not supported
WP7 -> WP8 was not supported
WP8 -> WP? will be supported? Unlikely.

My statement remains correct.

Also:
WP6-> WP7: what kind of idiot would expect this?
Oh, I don't know what kind of idiot, but it seems be running on a WP6 device htc-hd2-runs-windows-phone-7
Now if they had access the actual source code, they could've fixed all the issues and it would run perfectly fine on it.
The only reason why WP7 does not run on WP6 devices IS BECAUSE MICROSOFT DID NOT WANT THAT.

WP7-> WP8: Perhaps should have been expected, but it's still an entirely different OS. It looks the same, but very little of the code is the same. WP7 was a stopgap. Probably not the best idea
And yet
against-all-odds-windows-phone-8-has-been-hacked-htc-hd2
htc-hd2-soldiers-past-win-phone-8-runs-windows-rt

WP8-WP9: Same kernel. How do you know? It's based on Windows. Microsoft is unifying all their kernels. Which means upgrading is much easier and more likely.
How do I know? Gee, last 2 moves were anti-consumer, profit grabs. Why would this move be any different.

I'm not asking you to have faith in Microsoft. I'm not asking you to like WP. I'm not asking you to buy WP. I'm asking you not to make stupid statements you can't support other than saying that a phone from 2007 using an OS that was really based on one from 2002 should have been able to be upgraded to a modern phone OS.
Take that Microsoft dick out of your mouth, it makes you say retarded things and look like a fool.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2013, 09:58.

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 19, 2013, 09:15 MxxCon

WP6 -> WP7 was not supported
WP7 -> WP8 was not supported
WP8 -> WP? will be supported? Unlikely.

My statement remains correct.

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 19, 2013, 02:40 MxxCon

nutshell42 wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 02:37:
wow, you didn't even read the fucking headline of the article you're replying to.
wow, it's obvious your failed English Reading Comprehension 101.
Why don't YOU actually the article and try to understand what it says.
dumbass

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Mar 18, 2013, 23:01 MxxCon

18 month support for phones that are sold on 24 month contract... Awesome!  

News Comments > EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs
62. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 21, 2013, 00:56 MxxCon

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 00:23:
How could they possibly prove that you "know" of a bug and didn't report it!? Are they mind readers? Are they just going to assume that anyone who just happens to unwittingly be within close proximity to a bug exploiter that he/she is completely aware that there is an exploit going on? This is just beyond stupid.

Maybe they are trying to hold onto that "Worst Company" title.
Most likely their embedded spyware will phone home every possible metric about the game and your computer, and they would look it up in their logs.

55. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 22:41 MxxCon

NKD wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 21:54:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 20:00:
Banning EA games from my library sounds more like a feature than a threat. It's sort of like a spam filter.

Shouldn't you guys be happy when EA shuts down games then?
They shut down game servers not because EA is hurting on money but because they are greedy fucks that are pushing people to buy the latest yearly roster update/modern military shooter/new paint job.

34. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:45 MxxCon

See https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/genre-simulation-city-building for some other games.  

21. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:05 MxxCon

ASeven wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:56:
This is just insane and reaching unheard levels of draconian measures. Ah well, one more nail in the SC coffin. My only complain is that EA is again killing another damn good series for good all because they got greedy.

Dammit, the thought of never playing another SimCity as good as 2000 or 4, or playing another SC at all, makes me sad. EA sure loves destroying their IP.
Will Wright left EA long time ago, and most of good Maxis talent as well. There are many equally good city-building games around.

12. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 16:37 MxxCon

If developers want to get my money, they should not work for EA. Ask me how many times I bought The Witcher, The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings.
I will support publisher and developers that are not assholes. I will have no pitty for assholes. EA is beyond salvation. The sooner they go out of business, the better this industry will be.

Slick wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 16:27:

what enlightment thinking.

so your solution is that you don't agree with EA, so you will fuck artists out of money they earn by stealing their works. bravo. you're an idiot. and the fact that you openly praise piracy just makes you look like a knob.

"i don't agree with this, so that gives me the right to steal it"

riiiiiight

if you don't agree with something, then you have the right to not buy it, that's capitalism. and i encourage everyone to vote with their dollars. if you don't like the looks of something, no one's putting a gun to your head to either buy it, beta test it, etc. just don't do it, that's your freedom.

your freedom does NOT include the right to steal from artists. if you can't get over that, then at least TRY to see this from a corporation's viewpoint.... WHY DO YOU THINK THEY'RE PUTTING ALWAYS ON DRM?????? CAUSE OF ASSHATS LIKE YOU! THANKS!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 16:07 MxxCon

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 15:46:
No one likes meatloaf. It's always either too soggy or too dry, too much of one thing or not enough of it. I don't think I've ever met a meatloaf I've liked. Probably the closest was someone - this was forever ago - made mini-meatloafs in one of those mini-loaf pans and I seem to recall it wasn't bad.
Yes, soggy Meatloaf sucks. But have you seen him in concert live? Much better than homecooked!

246 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo