Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MxxCon

Real Name MxxCon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MxxCon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 20, 2004, 16:58
Total Comments 252 (Amateur)
User ID 21874

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Mytheon Closed Beta Relaunching this Month
2. Re: Mytheon Closed Beta Relaunching this Month Jan 6, 2011, 00:30 MxxCon

i'm in the closed beta and i played during their Dec28 stress test...
I don't know wtf they've been doing all this time but the game hasn't progressed since the last time i played that beta under flagship studios.
all they changed was translate it into korean.
and now this korean-to-english translation is just horrendous. i felt more hassle trying to read quest instructions than play the typical korean-grindfest mmorpg.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 27, 2010, 17:36 MxxCon

This story is about adblock (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom) is one of the clones. It is still good, but don't confuse it with the 'original' one by Wladimir Palant (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb)  

News Comments > EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs
46. Re: EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs Dec 8, 2010, 19:44 MxxCon

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 17:14:
Even a 100k subs for 10 years won't earn you your money back and that just isn't going to happen. SWTOR will be the last major failure for a long time (Rift Planes of Telara only marginally less so as a 50 million dollar failure).
dc universe online will be a rather average game and i suspect will ultimately fail as $/month game. as a micro-transaction type game it will have a decent following.
Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 17:14:
So far it looks like GW2 is the only thing on track to really innovate the genre, if not it'll fail too. The whole genre needs a reboot. It's gone way too far off track. It was us old school PnP/MUDders who created this damn genre so I know what I speak.
vindicus is an innovative game.

28. Re: EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs Dec 8, 2010, 15:53 MxxCon

space captain wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 15:49:
justice7 wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 14:48:
I say enough with the elitist (and completely false) attitude that WoW isn't a fantastic product; like it or not it is. It's genuinely one of the greatest games ever created, even if you don't bother with it.

here we go with the dumbshits that think their personal opinions are objective facts

wouldnt that be nice
yes, space captain, your dumbshit opinion is indeed an objective fact

18. Re: EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs Dec 8, 2010, 14:28 MxxCon

Drezden wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 13:58:
For all of you who think you need millions of subscribers to be successful...

Just remember.
Everquest at it's peak only had 900,000 subscribers, and it was considered successful, and UO didn't even come close to that. No MMO will ever duplicate what WoW has done, and I don't expect any to.

If an MMO reaches a couple hundred thousand subscribers and they do better than break even it's considered a success.
if you think WoW is the only big game, look at http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/PCU-1.png

15. Re: EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs Dec 8, 2010, 14:21 MxxCon

Jdrez wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 13:58:
MxxCon wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 13:44:
WoW got to 10million users not because of marketing but because of the quality of the product.

Hardly. WoW got big because it was accessible to non-gamers, was Mac/PC out of the box, would run on any hardware due to crap graphics, and became extremely trendy.

There's nothing special about WoW beyond it's adoption by the drooling masses who don't actually play games.
you are very wrong.
almost no MMO is on par in quality to WoW. it's accessible, it runs on any hardware, it's on mac and pc. all these things contribute to the quality of a product.
WoW has great quests, gameplay mechanics, story, etc etc etc. you should drop your idiotic elitist attitude and see the game for what it is. just becuase a game is pretty or can run on every possible platform doesn't make it a good game. there's so much more to it.

10. Re: EA: A Decade of The Old Republic Won't Need Millions of Subs Dec 8, 2010, 13:44 MxxCon

WoW got to 10million users not because of marketing but because of the quality of the product.  

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free
5. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free Sep 10, 2010, 22:11 MxxCon

And no, I don't work for Turbine and don't usually gush over MMOs, lol.
said a guy named "sauron"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2010, 11:34 MxxCon

Regarding your Twitter headaches, in addition to breaking your feed, quiet a lot of Smartphones were also crippled. And it seems like Twitter (at least temporary) resolved this problem.
Pocketnow.com article
To me that sounds like twitter is now checking user-agent string, and if it's one of those phones, they would still allow Basic Authentication.
Maybe as a stop-gap measure you can fake user-agent to be the same as one of those phones and go back to using basic authentication and have a big more time to properly implement OAuth method?

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Complete?
1. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Complete? Sep 2, 2010, 11:22 MxxCon

i really hope it's Valve quality complete and not just 'let's get it out so that everybody shuts up' Fingerscrossed  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2010, 14:28 MxxCon

Out of the 'blue' i just googled your name and i found this page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_blogging#1994.E2.80.932001
Other forms of journals kept online also existed. A notable example was game programmer John Carmack's widely read journal, published via the finger protocol. Some of the very earliest bloggers, like Steve Gibson of sCary's Quakeholio (now Shacknews) and Stephen Heaslip of Blue's News (still running since 1995 with online archives back to July 1996), evolved from the Quake scene and Carmack's .plan updates.
I'm very proud that I've been reading this site since virtually the very begining, ~1995-6. And i'm very grateful and happy that Blue is still running it pretty much the way it was back then.

Thank you for all the effort you put into it.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2010, 11:34 MxxCon

Blue, your twitter feed stopped working probably becuase whatever application you were using to authenticate was using 'basic http auth'. Yesterday Twitter turned it off forcing everybody to switch to OAuth method.
read about it here Wired.com Article or a billion other articles that have been talking about it for the last 6 month

News Comments > Acclaim Closed
15. Re: Acclaim Closed Aug 27, 2010, 16:48 MxxCon

Folks, like the story says, don't confuse this crappy "Acclaim Games" that did no development of their own but rather just had publishing rights of those asian mmo, with the legendary "Acclaim Entertainment" that created such gems as NBA Jam, Turok and Mortal Kombat(1 and 2)  

News Comments > Acclaim Closed
14. Re: Acclaim Closed Aug 27, 2010, 16:43 MxxCon

kxmode wrote on Aug 27, 2010, 13:55:
sir wrote on Aug 27, 2010, 13:45:
No blame game from acclaim? Shame.

That's the name of the game.
what's the name of the game? to play a blame game with Acclaim? i don't see any shame.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 26, 2010, 20:42 MxxCon

Genesys wrote on Aug 26, 2010, 20:29:
We had lunch with our 3PAR reps early this week, and neither of them were driving Ferraris yet. Maybe they're waiting to see how high the bids go :)

I'd prefer that Dell won, since HP already has storage solutions and there's a lot of overlap with 3PAR, while Dell doesn't have anything of their own in 3PAR's range.
our 3par account rep have been spamming my inbox with every news story Angry as if further hyping how good 3par is that it's now valued at ~1.7bil and how smart we did when we bought their device.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 26, 2010, 19:42 MxxCon

That 3Par title is outdated.

Later in the day, HP responded with offer of $27 per share, or $1.69 billion.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Announced
26. Re: Age of Empires Online Announced Aug 18, 2010, 11:09 MxxCon

game automatically runs it.
and this game is not really 'single player'. even though there are single player missions, you are always online communicating with other people and sending stats.

24. Re: Age of Empires Online Announced Aug 18, 2010, 11:03 MxxCon

Ant wrote on Aug 18, 2010, 10:32:
Meh. why is this cartoonish?

Also, what's evil about GFW? Bloated? Slow? Buggy? DRM?
it's not any more cartoonish than warcraft3 was. it's not photo-realistic like crysis2 but it's not 'hello kitty' either.

gfwl used to be problematic, but now its not much different from steam.

21. Re: Age of Empires Online Announced Aug 17, 2010, 20:34 MxxCon

However there is only one civilization to try in the beginning.
actually there are 2: Greeks and Egyptians.

10. Re: Age of Empires Online Announced Aug 17, 2010, 13:11 MxxCon

actually from 1st hand experience i can say that this game will be good.
they didn't fuck up rts aspect of the game, which is the most important part.
it's rts+mmo. not mmo made into rts.

252 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo