Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for MxxCon

Real Name MxxCon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MxxCon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 20, 2004, 16:58
Total Comments 252 (Amateur)
User ID 21874

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Tanks Launch Next Month
9. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 15:59 MxxCon

Ant wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 15:11:
When does the beta end? I need to start playing for free before it end!
you'll be able to play even after it ends. it'll be free to play+microtransexuals

bluefaster wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 15:48:
I will buy this game if I can buy hats for my tanks. Can I buy hats for my tanks?
yes, also crafting. you can take 2 jaguars and mush them together to get a war galleon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Tanks Launch Next Month
8. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 15:56 MxxCon

InBlack wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 11:05:
Its esentially a tank shooter with a lot of tactical and strategic elements thrown in.
right now there's no strategy. it's all tactical.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer
2. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Mar 17, 2011, 15:50 MxxCon

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 14:27:
I like the nano suit customization.
judging by your avatar, i bet you do

News Comments > World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups
9. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 17, 2011, 11:20 MxxCon

100,000 credits an hour, that's 10 hours of grind to get enough credits for KV3, the next one up is 25 hours, the next one up is 36 hours. and that's credits only to buy tanks themselves, not counting required upgrades(not even talking about 'all' upgrades).

i call it grind because of a very steep increase required to progress from earlier tanks. if they would make the progress more linear i'd have no problems with it.

the game's mechanics are always pushing you to upgrade to a higher tier, therefore you have no choice but grind and grind. you can't easily keep every single tank you played with. you have a limited number of slots in your garage so you are forced to dump lower tanks to make room for larger ones.

News Comments > World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups
7. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 16, 2011, 20:56 MxxCon

You DO NOT get gold coins while offline. During the beta you get 250 coins every 24 hours. You just happened to be offline when they give them to you.
Once the game live supposedly you have to pay real $ to buy in-game gold coins.
However, all is not lost. If you play a fully researched tank, any xp you get goes toward a common experience pool where you can convert that xp into gold coins.

Even though this game is very addictive, it's an insane grindfest. On par if not even more than Korean MMOs. I'm playing Russian line and to go from an artillery tank that i have right now to the next level up I have to have ~190,000 research points! During a usual match i get 500-700 research points, and up to ~1700 research points during a really successful match. I also have a KV-1 tank. To go from it to the next level up, KV-3, I need to have 21,000 research points(which is not that bad), but once I researched it I found out that I need 1 MILLION credits to actually buy it! During a normal game I get ~20,000 credits. And I'm just about to reach the middle tier of tanks.
Going all the way to the top is going to take an insane amount of time.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2011, 10:21 MxxCon

I'm appalled that they deleted Blue's News entry!
This site is a gaming institution! I can't think of any other site that existed for so long while maintaining its focus and spirit!(well, perhaps VoodooExtreme to a much smaller degree).
Look at http://www.bluesnews.com/a/2/site-credits That list does not justify it to be in Wikipedia?!
Maybe somebody who's familiar with Wikipedia's idiosyncrasy should resubmit that article?

News Comments > Gaikai Live
10. Re: Gaikai Live Feb 27, 2011, 21:24 MxxCon

I was in the closed beta test of Gaikai and i can tell you it works much better than OnLive.
It's much more responsive, better image quality and uses much less bandwidth than OnLive.
I guess it's slow right now becuase they have a massive rush on new customers and they can't scale up fast enough.
Once they have enough capacity, i think they'll be better than OnLive.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Now Gas Powered; Kings and Castles Dead?
10. Re: Age of Empires Online Now Gas Powered; Kings and Castles Dead? Feb 25, 2011, 19:49 MxxCon

Golwar wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 18:00:
MxxCon wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 12:23:
This game will be awesome. I've been in the closed beta test for this game for the last 9 month and have seen how it progressed.
This transition explains why the development of the game slowed down in the last 2-3months.

I have no idea about this game, but why did they hand it to GPG if it was developing so well?
prolly financial problems.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Now Gas Powered; Kings and Castles Dead?
2. Re: Age of Empires Online Now Gas Powered; Kings and Castles Dead? Feb 25, 2011, 12:23 MxxCon

Either you don't know wtf you are talking about or you failed English reading comprehension 101.
Age of Empires Online is not MMORPG.
None of Age of Empires were ever RPG.
This game will be awesome. I've been in the closed beta test for this game for the last 9 month and have seen how it progressed.
This transition explains why the development of the game slowed down in the last 2-3months.

News Comments > StarCraft II Bans
9. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 23:26 MxxCon

JohnBirshire wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 22:13:
I tried to get back into it by playing a couple games online last night, but it's just too fast. Everything literally looks like it is moving in super speed, like watching a movie in fast forward. This might be great for the 400 apm pros, but for some of the more casual players it takes away a lot of the enjoyment. If anything, at least ask players what game speed they want to play on.
i'm kinda in the same boat as you. whenever i play rts i always get rolled over.
i like to play until i research everything to the max and then build the biggest units and destroy the opponent.
while i'm happily researching 3rd tier units i suddenly get flooded by opponents tier 1 and 2 units and destroyed.
RTS multi games are just not for me..

News Comments > StarCraft II Bans
3. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 11:24 MxxCon

I wonder if they banned DropBox developer's bots accounts
look at 4:50 mark
http://techcrunchtv.com/new-and-featured/watch?id=41ZmIxMjpx8-W3ur5RIINPOUTTQuZcc2

News Comments > Mytheon Open Beta Begins
4. Re: Mythos Open Beta Begins Feb 23, 2011, 09:25 MxxCon

Ant wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 08:14:
Rampage wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 20:23:
Mytheon not Mythos. Got me all excited there. I was a BEta tester for the original Mythos. Lots of fun and potential there.
I get confused by those two Myth* games too. Heheh! Is this one any good?
isn't this 'once-canceled' Gods & Heroes game? or is it yet another game to get confused with

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2011, 14:25 MxxCon

Steele Johnson wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 13:22:
That CBS reporter sounds like she was having a stroke or something. I heard that she is in the hospital having some tests. Kind of sad.
read comments on videosift, she's fine.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
27. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 01:32 MxxCon

Jerykk wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 01:30:
This is terrible news for PC gaming, because of the impression it leaves.

I'd say it's terrible news for Crytek and/or EA more than PC gamers. Everybody knows that Crysis 2 was gonna get pirated anyway. The absence of this leak wouldn't have changed that. However, what this leak suggests is that either Crytek or EA have poor security and this hurts their reputation. The leak most likely occurred within Crytek, given the included DRM master keys and editor. EA's impression of them has become far less favorable.
actually i think this leak happened by an external beta tester..
i highly doubt it's an inside job.
and if it was a result of a hack then i'd imagine we also get source code for the game.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?
11. removed Feb 11, 2011, 22:14 MxxCon

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 12, 2011, 12:49.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2011, 09:26 MxxCon

Ant wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 18:50:
Ratty wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 10:49:
Redwood wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 10:26:
Hah! You two are hilarious. I put my keys in the same place so I don't lose them. It serves me well.
Their called pockets folks. Seriously, doesn't anybody have pockets anymore?
What happens when you do laundry? I would forget.
hey! stop destroying the environment! combine laundry with shower!

News Comments > Direct2Drive Game Rentals
36. Re: Direct2Drive Game Rentals Jan 24, 2011, 15:33 MxxCon

Anonymous wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 15:09:
I don't know about the rest of you, but $5 for 5 hours is a total rip-off.

$5 for 3 days is more appropriate.
you want 72 hours of GAMEPLAY for $5?
keep dreaming.
only like 1% of all games on the market right now are that long.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2011, 11:39 MxxCon

and once again no mention of PC for lanoire..so looks like pc gamers are getting shafted  

News Comments > Direct2Drive Game Rentals
27. Re: Direct2Drive Game Rentals Jan 23, 2011, 03:41 MxxCon

I think this is a horrible idea.
You are paying money to play a fucking demo!
This will give a precedent to dev to stop making proper demos and force everybody pay money for this.
If devs will adopt this and stop releasing demos then people will have even more reason to pirate since they'll have no other choice to try a game.

News Comments > Mytheon Closed Beta Relaunching this Month
4. Re: Mytheon Closed Beta Relaunching this Month Jan 6, 2011, 10:52 MxxCon

the world map and layout have changed but game mechanics are still the same. hope they'll improve it a lot...  

252 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo